Donjae

its time for new contact ( not engine update )

58 minutes ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Unnecessary toxic unhelpful comment and that coming from someone with an SPTC badge. Wether you like it or not, you do represent the game and I for one expect more from you

instead, I would like to see SPCT members provide a bit more positivity so we can help this game survive

just saying

happens to be a trend with him. Not sure how he even got there. 

1 hour ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Unnecessary toxic unhelpful comment and that coming from someone with an SPTC badge. Wether you like it or not, you do represent the game and I for one expect more from you

instead, I would like to see SPCT members provide a bit more positivity so we can help this game survive

just saying

I am positive that coming onto the forums and talking completely out of your patootie, repeatedly, about subjects of which you know nothing, is bad for the community, and the game.

I'm sorry you are so salty that I have some silly forum badge, but I'm just a player. This makes me as free to speak my mind within the rules of the forum as anyone else.

😉

• Like 1

just delete waterfront and replace it with a new map? seriously

Edited by Deadliest

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You should stop watching moives, and try for an education.

Dr. Stone would like to speak to you, thank you very much.

7 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

There is no guarantee the engine update won't decrease the performance even more. Also they seems to be testing it only in high end machines too. 

Do we know if those contacts are even made already? If not that would be at least 1 more year just for that.

if the engine upgrade doesn’t improve performance then the game is dead new contacts or not, so idk what your point is

yes the new contacts are finished already

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

if the engine upgrade doesn’t improve performance then the game is dead new contacts or not, so idk what your point is

yes the new contacts are finished already

it will, LO and G1 have said as much, however the question will be "how much".

On 2/20/2020 at 1:33 PM, HawtGirl said:

Meet me here in a year so I can rub it in your face when it is still not here. 

I have been around long enough to know how the things goes. 

"We are almost done with the engine update. Nooo. Something unexpected happened so we can do everything all over again."

I have watched this movie already. 

Yeah most people on this thread have been on APB long enough to remember how stagnant and hopeless APB seemed in the later years of GamersFirst.

No content, no real updates, next to no communication from staff.

Little Orbit in contract is actively working on the new game engine and MattScott is posting updates on progress. While they're few, far between and rather insignificant, holiday events are still being done and new items are being done on the side.

If the new game engine is going to take as long as it needs to be done properly then that should be reassuring that it is being taken seriously.

If the APB didn't die in the last 3 years with the population numbers dropping

On 2/20/2020 at 8:32 PM, Farbon Ciber said:

...Wether you like it or not, you do represent the game and I for one expect more from you...

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I am positive that coming onto the forums and talking completely out of your patootie, repeatedly, about subjects of which you know nothing, is bad for the community, and the game.

I'm sorry you are so salty that I have some silly forum badge, but I'm just a player. This makes me as free to speak my mind within the rules of the forum as anyone else.

😉

Later it may be a discussion for a new thread but I agree with Ciber.

I can respect wanting to feel free to express yourself but there needs to be standards, I could elaborate honest If I do then it might as well be a separate thread.

Edited by VickyFox

Then there's me who hasn't even played enough to max out a character so I can't even make use of these new contracts.

But I do look forward to the engine update whenever it comes. It'd definitely make me play APB more often (as from then on I'm sure the team can focus more on content). Besides I've already waited long enough for it it'd be a shame not to play it.

They added a strange priest in white in breakmarina.

Useless obvius.

But ,ehy, is a new contact! 

15 hours ago, Nivo said:

More of negativity, or can we call It silver logic?

^gold tryhard closet use silver as an insult.

a classic.

5 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Yeah most people on this thread have been on APB long enough to remember how stagnant and hopeless APB seemed in the later years of GamersFirst.

No content, no real updates, next to no communication from staff.

Little Orbit in contract is actively working on the new game engine and MattScott is posting updates on progress. While they're few, far between and rather insignificant, holiday events are still being done and new items are being done on the side.

If the new game engine is going to take as long as it needs to be done properly then that should be reassuring that it is being taken seriously.

If the APB didn't die in the last 3 years with the population numbers dropping

I left at the time when the science was just starting since I saw what was coming (more like not) and I am still skeptical. I can only imagine what it has been for those who were actually waiting during that time. 

3 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

I left at the time when the science was just starting since I saw what was coming (more like not) and I am still skeptical. I can only imagine what it has been for those who were actually waiting during that time. 

This certainly adds context that you wouldn't have a fuller appreciation of how things have improved or how hopeless of a situation things were seeming with APB.

2011, 2014, 2017 or just joining this week... how long one has been in the forum and in game doesn't change the scenario APB is in nor where it has come from.

9 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Later it may be a discussion for a new thread but I agree with Ciber.

Hmmm

ok, I will give it some thought

On 2/20/2020 at 4:29 PM, CookiePuss said:

Why is it always the people with the least knowledge making the most noise?

Typical 255R silvers

On 2/21/2020 at 12:24 AM, CookiePuss said:

I too look forward to spending a week leveling up the new contacts.

Engine update comes out.

Is terrible.

Force yourself to level contacts.

Quit game again.

11 hours ago, Vexxous said:

Then there's me who hasn't even played enough to max out a character so I can't even make use of these new contracts.

A few people seem to have missed this, but Lucas Van Rooyen and Lynette Casey are going to be Tier 3 contacts.  So they're at the same point in progression as Jeung Bloodrose, Tyron Sennet, Bonita Benjamin, Grayson Fell, Byeong Lee, Chiza, Kaspar Danko, and Hea Choi.

Source:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/7/23/content-update

• Like 1

It gets pretty boring playing a game when you've arleady done everything to do. Would be fun to actually grind for something again. I remember back in 2014 when i grinded 12-16 hours a day everyday to finally be max rank. Now if i want to feel the satisfaction of unlocking something i have to grind a whole new character. But it gets even more boring each time. They really need to add a new contact. I could care less what the contact gives you.

21 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

A few people seem to have missed this, but Lucas Van Rooyen and Lynette Casey are going to be Tier 3 contacts.  So they're at the same point in progression as Jeung Bloodrose, Tyron Sennet, Bonita Benjamin, Grayson Fell, Byeong Lee, Chiza, Kaspar Danko, and Hea Choi.

Source:

oh? I just assumed they were going to be a new level or something since that would make sense. Good to know.

21 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Source:

Now that you have mentioned it, weren't these ready even during g1 times but they just never released them? 

3 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Now that you have mentioned it, weren't these ready even during g1 times but they just never released them? 

These are indeed not fully brand new contacts, but they likely weren't ready yet. Otherwise why would the old team not have taken the 'free money' of releasing them?

Edited by Kevkof

10 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

These are indeed not fully brand new contacts, but they likely weren't ready yet. Otherwise why would the old team not have taken the 'free money' of releasing them?

The same reason as now: "focusing" on the engine update?

3 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

they were ready during g1 but they didn’t have enough content to fill the level unlocks iirc

59 minutes ago, Solamente said:

they were ready during g1 but they didn’t have enough content to fill the level unlocks iirc

Oh man the stuff they would have made-up as new mods... you'd almost want to see the madness.

3 minutes ago, Jazeker said:

Oh man the stuff they would have made-up as new mods... you'd almost want to see the madness.

I still feel like car surf should be deleted from the game. It makes using the seats obsolete. 

• Like 1