Donjae

its time for new contact ( not engine update )

hi there everyone and LO .

i am playing this game from the time it was relese ( RTW) i also have the disk of the game ( good old time ) 

seeing how RTW sell the game to G1 and how G1 was taking care on the game from the begining when they own it 

they bring new contacts , new guns , and such .

yes then we start to see how they promissing things such and engine update .

we the players was for years with hope for the new contacts and engine 

now g1 sell the game for you LO and for sometimes now we only see some info about the engine update progress but for real LO ? to be honest , the community of the game lost tursting in this words , most of us lost the hope for this words and most of it dont belive now promiss , we want to see fact ! 

now i want to thank you LO for the things you doing so far and ofc that you buy the game .

and you do giving info in the forum about stuff .

BUT ! and i feel i say things that the community feel ...and they feel its ENOUGH .

until the engine will come up i think its time to bring the new contacts and to let us feel the game have more then to being stuck in NOT maX rank for years and no new things 

we know the max rank are more then 255 we know there more contacts that can be in game without the connection of the engine .

if G1 indeed bring new contacts without the engine why you cant ? the contacts already made 

nice to see info about the engine but lets face it ...we dont really know when its going to be happen and the about the contact its can be done so 

we WANT to see a real INFO about the new contacts we want to SEE the things that you can add to the game without the connaction of the engine 

we for years see over and over the same events same things over and over , getting same promiss for years over and over .

now pls tell us WHEN the new contacts would be add ( and i know there nothing to do to the engine ) 

give us a real info pls 

with much respect your friend Donjae .

p.s i link the ranks system that already made for the game ( without the need of any engine update ) latest?cb=20190101235912

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Their roadmap makes sense, they need the contacts to go out with the engine upgrade, not before. The engine upgrade itself won't retain the players, it sure will bring a population boost to the likes of what we saw when LO bought APB from G1, but it won't last long if it doesn't bring content with it. I'd argue that even just new contacts won't do much for the players but it is what it is at this time.

• Like 8

I too look forward to spending a week leveling up the new contacts.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, swft said:

Their roadmap makes sense, they need the contacts to go out with the engine upgrade, not before. The engine upgrade itself won't retain the players, it sure will bring a population boost to the likes of what we saw when LO bought APB from G1, but it won't last long if it doesn't bring content with it. I'd argue that even just new contacts won't do much for the players but it is what it is at this time.

I wonder which one will come first: The game's death or the engine update.

They did contact in the past without the need of engine update.

Also with the current speed, it will be at least a year at minimum for the engine update to come and even if it actually happens it will still has tons of issues. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Also with the current speed, it will be at least a year at minimum for the engine update to come and even if it actually happens it will still has tons of issues. 

Why is it always the people with the least knowledge making the most noise?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Meet me here in a year so I can rub it in your face when it is still not here. 

I have been around long enough to know how the things goes. 

"We are almost done with the engine update. Nooo. Something unexpected happened so we can do everything all over again."

I have watched this movie already. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, HawtGirl said:

Meet me here in a year so I can rub it in your face when it is still not here. 

I have been around long enough to know how the things goes. 

"We are almost done with the engine update. Nooo. Something unexpected happened so we can do everything all over again."

I have watched this movie already. 

You should stop watching moives, and try for an education.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

More of negativity, or can we call It silver logic?

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This sentence is so powerful that I bet it's going to go over the heads of most people that play this game.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

youre that slow ??? 😛

2 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

I wonder which one will come first: The game's death or the engine update.

it will be ready when it is ready.

Little Orbit has been very open about how much of a spaghetti coding mes APB is , in  more detail than most companies do.

changing the coding too much now means rebuilding the testing build all over again and that can impact bug solving drastically.

in the past G1 was not attempting to do so and only made more bugs instead.

15 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Little Orbit has been very open about how much of a spaghetti coding mes APB is , in  more detail than most companies do.

I give them that but g1 was open about it too at the beginning.... then 6 years later....

Idk how people even still have hopes for it. And LO has been around like 2(?) years already? 

2 hours ago, Nivo said:

More of negativity, or can we call It silver logic?

What woudl be your excuse if I am gold?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Indeed. I said the same about a week ago lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

I give them that but g1 was open about it too at the beginning.... then 6 years later....

G1 went dark in like late 2016.  From that point on there was no communication at all besides "Another DDoS attack. Server is back up". 

Idk how people even still have hopes for it. And LO has been around like 2(?) years already?

Maybe because there's a few players that are actually playing on it.  Fairly vocal ones too that would most likely call out LO on their bullshoot if they tried to pull anything dishonest.

5 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Maybe because there's a few players that are actually playing on it.  Fairly vocal ones too that would most likely call out LO on their bullshoot if they tried to pull anything dishonest.

Imagine LO selling the game too when it doesn't pays off and it becoming someone else's problem. 

4 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

and it cost us performance

maybe you’re one of the 1% that magically has no issues running apb, but more performance hits are not what we need

plus new contacts are needed after the engine upgrade to give players something to come back to, wasting them now won’t benefit the game in any way 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Solamente said:

and it cost us performance

maybe you’re one of the 1% that magically has no issues running apb, but more performance hits are not what we need

There is no guarantee the engine update won't decrease the performance even more. Also they seems to be testing it only in high end machines too. 

10 minutes ago, Solamente said:

plus new contacts are needed after the engine upgrade to give players something to come back to, wasting them now won’t benefit the game in any way 

Do we know if those contacts are even made already? If not that would be at least 1 more year just for that.

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

There is no guarantee the engine update won't decrease the performance even more. Also they seems to be testing it only in high end machines too. 

Do we know if those contacts are even made already? If not that would be at least 1 more year just for that.

My rig was decent... 4 or 5 years ago.

So no, we aren't only testing on high end machines.

6 hours ago, Donjae said:

G1 was taking care on the game from the begining when they own it 

they bring new contacts , new guns , and such .

[....]

most of us lost the hope for this words and most of it dont belive now promiss , we want to see fact ! 

[....]

BUT ! and i feel i say things that the community feel ...and they feel its ENOUGH .

until the engine will come up i think its time to bring the new contacts and to let us feel the game have more then to being stuck in NOT maX rank for years and no new things 

You have to look at the early years and understand that G1 had an abundance of unreleased content that RTW had created that they could release for several years, so it was miles easier for them to release content,

We have the engine update thread, what more proof does this community need?! Matt is as honest as we can expect him to reasonably be, we essentially got weeks of 'welp we tried some things and they didn't work' do you think old G1 would have told us this? They preferred to be silent for years even after promising an engine time and time again

We shouldn't see content before the engine, that would only benefit the less than a thousand players still playing this mess of a stuttery game, we need 3.5 for anyone who may come back for new content to stick around

5 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

I don't see how you can look at Matt's updates and think it will be a year minimum, they are in the final stretch, albeit a time consuming and completely unstraightforward process of attempting to improve performance, Matt told us this is the last major blocker, but it's extremely important so I don't expect to see the engine in a month... (it's hard to imagine it ever coming out) but I give it 6 months max; that's how long we have.... not that I'm guaranteeing it will be out then but that if it takes longer than that then this game might as well shut down.

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

My rig was decent... 4 or 5 years ago.

So no, we aren't only testing on high end machines.

What is your rig? High end specs can be relevant to +10 years and works in a different way than even modern low specs. 

6 minutes ago, Acornie said:

I don't see how you can look at Matt's updates and think it will be a year minimum, they are in the final stretch, albeit a time consuming and completely unstraightforward process of attempting to improve performance, Matt told us this is the last major blocker, but it's extremely important so I don't expect to see the engine in a month... (it's hard to imagine it ever coming out) but I give it 6 months max; that's how long we have.... not that I'm guaranteeing it will be out then but that if it takes longer than that then this game might as well shut down.

Check the date of the first update and see how much time has passed. Even without more major blockers it will take just as much for "polishing" and finally getting it to live (and that is if nothing else pops up)

Edited by HawtGirl

2 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

a good amount of g1's openness was actually intentional lies.

Little Orbit to me has done more work on this Engine Upgrade than g1 did.

SPCT and continuous work is evidence of that.

Check the date of the first update and see how much time has passed. Even without more major blockers it will take just as much for "polishing" and finally getting it to live (and that is if nothing else pops up)

4 months. They did a lot in 4 months so I'd say that argument works against your assement of 'more than another year left'. Performance is the last major blocker. I'm just guessing (since that's all I can do) but I don't think there's much time consuming 'polishing' left that needs to be done before this can be released; this is a update to an existing game, not a AAA launch

Edited by Acornie

The new contacts should come with engine upgrade even if the upgrade doesn't change that much ingame.

However, r255  to r299 needs to be very difficult to reach and take hundreds of hours in order to keep the grind going for as long as possible. All the new ranks need new unlocks which is a big job itself.

5 minutes ago, Acornie said:

4 months. They did a lot in 4 months so I'd say that argument works against your assement of 'more than another year left'. Performance is the last major blocker. I'm just guessing (since that's all I can do) but I don't think there's much time consuming 'polishing' left that needs to be done before this can be released; this is a update to an existing game, not a AAA launch

And it is not even optimized yet (assuming it is possible to be optimized to the same level on the first place).

Also they probably have just few people testing this. No one knows what impact 80 people in district will have on the performance.

21 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

And it is not even optimized yet (assuming it is possible to be optimized to the same level on the first place).

Also they probably have just few people testing this. No one knows what impact 80 people in district will have on the performance.

From my understanding of where we are at, if we got 3.5 next month with it's current lower average fps, it would be better optimized than live (less insane drops, stutters, performance degradation over time, etc) and since it's better optimized we can assume it won't suddenly just crash and burn when more people enter a district, unless something is terribly wrong with the code, which you're right, would need to be fixed and that would take time. But still, that doesn't sound like a year's worth of work. IMO, and 'IMO's' are all we can give /shrug.

Edited by Acornie

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Game population is super low. Releasing some contacts with new grenade could get some people back and give them something to do

additional contacts could be created for the EU

Merged.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You should stop watching moives, and try for an education.

Unnecessary toxic unhelpful comment and that coming from someone with an SPTC badge. Wether you like it or not, you do represent the game and I for one expect more from you

instead, I would like to see SPCT members provide a bit more positivity so we can help this game survive

just saying

• Thanks 1