Sign in to follow this  
TzickyT

Can Cyrillic alphabet be romoved from names

some people i seen streaming start to hate people with cyrillic alphabet. all those accounts playing whit that alphabet arent able to be reported by the apb report system. is this a way so they can't be reported and can't be touched. ( i don't want to put names on name and shame but there a few clips on twitch with that issue.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TzickyT said:

some people i seen streaming start to hate people with cyrillic alphabet. all those accounts playing whit that alphabet arent able to be reported by the apb report system. is this a way so they can't be reported and can't be touched. ( i don't want to put names on name and shame but there a few clips on twitch with that issue.)

they said they were going to wipe old names from banned accounts or accounts not logged in since a year or so and then force all of the people with non latin character names to name change

but it didnt happen

What needs to happen is the name wipe they promised but that is likely only coming after the server merge which will also probably happen after the engine upgrade.

7 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

The cheaters downvoting. So pathetic. Looks like they are not limited to ingame only. 

i think it's probably because it kind of sounds like you're implying anyone with a cyrillic name cheats

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i think it's probably because it kind of sounds like you're implying anyone with a cyrillic name cheats

I find it pointless reporting anyone for anything other than cheating and even that probably does nothing too if eac has no way of detecting it. 

tl:dr reporting is pretty pointless to begin with. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I find it pointless reporting anyone for anything other than cheating and even that probably does nothing too if eac has no way of detecting it. 

EAC works, do not know if it actually automatically bans though. Pretty sure they just block people from playing using malicious programs and flag that player and send the name up to LO to do the banning.

Just stop assuming anyone who is killing you quickly is cheating. The game has shit net code to begin with so if you fight people who have unstabl ping or a ping much different than yours you will be killed from behind walls simply due to how everything is registered server side, so to you you are behind cover but the enemy shot you before you got to cover and the server is registering that.

happens in some games i play like paladins, I've had plenty of instances of dying after just getting to cover. APB is probably just worse off considering how dated the code is and UE3 is buggy as shit for multiplayer games in the first place

6 minutes ago, Alani said:

EAC works, do not know if it actually automatically bans though. Pretty sure they just block people from playing using malicious programs and flag that player and send the name up to LO to do the banning.

Just stop assuming anyone who is killing you quickly is cheating. The game has shit net code to begin with so if you fight people who have unstabl ping or a ping much different than yours you will be killed from behind walls simply due to how everything is registered server side, so to you you are behind cover but the enemy shot you before you got to cover and the server is registering that.

happens in some games i play like paladins, I've had plenty of instances of dying after just getting to cover. APB is probably just worse off considering how dated the code is and UE3 is buggy as shit for multiplayer games in the first place

You are very naive if you believe the game is free of cheaters right now. 

The more I play, the more I see them. It is usually this one guy solo killing the entire team in the moment they get in his view.

Some cheaters don't even hide but have it induced in the name of their new account. 

Btw I haven't seen a single cheater in Paladins. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

You are very naive if you believe the game is free of cheaters right now. 

The more I play, the more I see them. It is usually this one guy solo killing the entire team in the moment they get in his view.

Some cheaters don't even hide but have it induced in the name of their new account. 

Game is not free of cheaters, you just assume people cheat without anything other than 'they kill entire team in view' which I have done a lot when I encounter players who are really shit at the game. You can easily kill 2-3 people in one clip of an ntec if you are lucky enough.

8 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

because what dumbfuck would cheat in a hero shooter/moba lol

25 minutes ago, Alani said:

Game is not free of cheaters, you just assume people cheat without anything other than 'they kill entire team in view' which I have done a lot when I encounter players who are really shit at the game. You can easily kill 2-3 people in one clip of an ntec if you are lucky enough.

because what dumbfuck would cheat in a hero shooter/moba lol

If cheating was so easy to prove, all the cheaters woudl have been banned already. 

But just because there are good players that doesn't mean there are no cheaters. 

Edited by HawtGirl

4 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

And with those statements now we know your opinion is not worth listening to.

Thank you for playing.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, TzickyT said:

or how about the system be updated to recognize Cyrillic so you can report people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, illgot said:

or how about the system be updated to recognize Cyrillic so you can report people.

thats also a possibility to do ...

4 hours ago, illgot said:

Why would the system be updated when Cyrillic are gonna get deleted anyway, it is a waste of resources

21 hours ago, Alani said:

but it didnt happen

like a lot of things :^)

but ye, its very hard to report them

i know exactly 0 Cyrillic characters so...

No they won't, find something else to whine about, 

This has already been done a couple of thousand times.

Instead of reducing character support to alphanumeric and certain special tokens (and literally just alphanumeric in character naming), I'd prefer if the game added support for unicode characters in both naming  and chat. It would be much more interesting.

14 hours ago, Haganu said:

Instead of reducing character support to alphanumeric and certain special tokens (and literally just alphanumeric in character naming), I'd prefer if the game added support for unicode characters in both naming  and chat. It would be much more interesting.

i would accept it if they add those letters to the system.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, Haganu said:

Logical solutions on the APB forums? Get out of here with that!

On 2/19/2020 at 2:36 PM, HawtGirl said:

Here is even a much better totally unrelated idea: how about enabling EAC entirely?

ftfy

why derail?

tbf, the original topic is pretty much a given.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:26 PM, HawtGirl said:

surprising, when there are public cheats, with no "detected"-comments one google search away, lol.

On 2/23/2020 at 3:23 AM, SquirrelFace said:

Logical solutions on the APB forums? Get out of here with that!

it's illogical - since character names are usually used for whispering, reporting and other console commands.

Edited by neophobia

Sign in to follow this