Sign in to follow this  
TzickyT

what happened to the star

its not 6 shots thats true on 50 m but 1 and a half mag and stil not death .. on 50 m .. whats my dmg 0 on him ?

Okay after watching that clip 10 times I'll make my guess

I'd say you got 10-12 shots in during the first mag.
Then a few seconds while reloading and re aiming
Then 3-4 more shots during the second mag.
I would also say the enemy was at 65m

Problem is, apbdb does not have the exact damage vs distance curve. Something I'd say is that, considering how far he was, I'm pretty sure he could heal enough HP to tank 3-4 more shots while you were reloading (if he had CA3). So those last 3-4 shots make no difference. So, should 12 (being optimistic here) star shots kill someone at 65m? Well, if they deal at least 84 damage they should. According to apbdb it's only 52 though, but then again I'd have to check in-game and right now it's undermaintenance. You could check later how much damage a star deals at 65m

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IS2APBR said:

Problem is, apbdb does not have the exact damage vs distance curve. Something I'd say is that, considering how far he was, I'm pretty sure he could heal enough HP to tank 3-4 more shots while you were reloading (if he had CA3). So those last 3-4 shots make no difference. So, should 12 (being optimistic here) star shots kill someone at 65m? Well, if they deal at least 84 damage they should. According to apbdb it's only 52 though, but then again I'd have to check in-game and right now it's undermaintenance. You could check later how much damage a star deals at 65m

thanks for the info that i needed stil felt like i hit him mor etimes o;o

3 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

thanks for the info that i needed stil felt like i hit him mor etimes o;o

Yeah hit markers can make you feel that. Cause they stay on the screen for a long enough time to possibly overlap with your next shot, so sometimes you might think 2 or 3 consecutive shots hit, when in reality only 1 did.
You did get an awful RNG though, judging by the size of the crosshair

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IS2APBR said:

Yeah hit markers can make you feel that. Cause they stay on the screen for a long enough time to possibly overlap with your next shot, so sometimes you might think 2 or 3 consecutive shots hit, when in reality only 1 did.
You did get an awful RNG though, judging by the size of the crosshair

i hope u understand my frustration

• Like 2

tzicky liiisten buuddy the satellite objective youre defending is already 55m away from you which means that player is even farther than 55m buddy and u only hit him at most 20 times which isnt a kill at that range, same with the pre and post nerf ntec buddy

21 minutes ago, jimmyneutral said:

tzicky liiisten buuddy the satellite objective youre defending is already 55m away from you which means that player is even farther than 55m buddy and u only hit him at most 20 times which isnt a kill at that range, same with the pre and post nerf ntec buddy

guess i need to relearn guns ....

Rather take a weapon with more range there.... like the 'Thunder' for example Kappa

Edited by Clarie
  • Like 1

"Like.. wat da ffffak?"

Precisely. This is one of the reasons why most newcomers won't like this game. Although functional, distance's emphasis on damage in APB is comically-stupid.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S: Perhaps your love isn't strong enough to reach anyone with the love-star.... 💔

Edited by Lily Rain
Added P.S
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, IS2APBR said:

2 hours ago, jimmyneutral said:

As they said...

For the distance of your car and the satellite dish, which are at 48m and 55m, your target was clearly above the 75m I'd say almost 90m/100m. Then the hitreg markers flashed way less times than what it looks like for the amount of blood splatters and the red crosshair on target and yet we don't know If he was also wearing a CA3 or such too.

Check it out later with a buddy when the game is back online from maintenance.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:26 AM, IS2APBR said:

Nope, hes in middle of the road past the obj, hes at least 70m from the guy. When he started getting hit first he was almost 80-90m. It would take a lot of hits to kill at that distance, almost an entire mag or so without missing if not some into the next. (I used to run HB3 on star and snipe people at 80m with it lel)

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 2/19/2020 at 2:39 PM, TzickyT said:

guess i need to relearn guns ....

Nah, just give a look at the APB Bible 😁

https://apbdb.com/items/?cat=Weapon

Btw, during the time there will be some weapon changing, just ask kindly or summon a SPCT, about weapons surely they know first of all and well about weapons or xomd game mechanics.

On 2/19/2020 at 4:26 AM, IS2APBR said:

Enemy was further. Their car was 49m away.

Basically, you were out of range.

16 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Enemy was further.

On 2/20/2020 at 9:57 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

hes at least 70m from the guy

Which makes my point stand even better. I was just having a very considerable tolerance, considering the most extreme scenario without actually measuring it

• Like 2

i find the far and ntec to be better in their same ranges than the star. i cringe when i see people saying the star is the best assault rifle or "op" etc.. if that were the case everyone would be crying about it instead of the ntec

Sign in to follow this