UPDATE THE ENGINES AND YOU WILL HAVE MORE PLAYERS, im aware LO will not see this, however they are doing the same thing the previous comp said, making all these false promises we've been wating for an engine updated tht was promised YEARS ago, if you want to bee good then fall back on what you say

• Thanks 1

Hi there,

I can appreciate this comment, and I agree that we need to get the Engine Upgrade out. However, that’s not as simple as you think.

I make the effort to post on a weekly basis to talk about our progress. You can read it here:

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

engine go wrooooooom

so jus update an releae === moar play

in all seriousness:

it's just not that easy, they've been releasing (pretty honest sounding) updates and actually have players testing it already (that also released a bunch of screenshots)

Edited by neophobia

Just an idea but Matt, what if you hold a live stream where you demo the EU live with a few of the developers present and that way all of us that have been waiting for years can see first hand how it looks and can ask questions of the developers. I think there are some sharp people that play this game too and perhaps they could also chime in and help with some of these issues

i think as long as we understand that the game may be slow performing and not the final product going in, it could be a neat way to generate excitement and allow both sides to engage

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Just an idea but Matt, what if you hold a live stream where you demo the EU live with a few of the developers present and that way all of us that have been waiting for years can see first hand how it looks and can ask questions of the developers. I think there are some sharp people that play this game too and perhaps they could also chime in and help with some of these issues

i think as long as we understand that the game may be slow performing and not the final product going in, it could be a neat way to generate excitement and allow both sides to engage

yikes

2 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

^

How much time past since the last Q&A? Too much.

Honestly though, I don't think APB is about the graphics or engine - I believe the real issue is centered around match making. That new players, Rank 01 gets matched with Rank 222 with every arma's weapon in the game. I believe there's issues that definiately needs more attention, than the engine. I do however agree, that a new engine definiately wouldnt hurt 😋

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 9:03 AM, neophobia said:

engine go wrooooooom

so jus update an releae === moar play

in all seriousness:

it's just not that easy, they've been releasing (pretty honest sounding) updates and actually have players testing it already (that also released a bunch of screenshots)

what about those false hopes lol

7 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

?

are you talking about... false promises? or false hopes? if you mean the former...

do you mean the one time they said they wanted to have testers on it early 2019 and only delivered on that in the middle of 2019?

g1 was the one saying q1(?) 2014, not lo lmao.

besides - do you think they didn't/don't want to be done sooner but just push the launch back so they can continue earning less money?

lo is "notoriously" rarely releasing dates or making promises since they are aware of what promises and not delivering on them do. you still having false hopes is your own damn fault then.

like come on fam, they are doing whatever is in their might already because it's also in their best interest since they (very bold assumption here, please don't nail me down on this one) want to continue to exist as a company lmao

Edited by neophobia

On 2/18/2020 at 4:42 AM, colinfinney said:

UPDATE THE ENGINES AND YOU WILL HAVE MORE PLAYERS, im aware LO will not see this, however they are doing the same thing the previous comp said, making all these false promises we've been wating for an engine updated tht was promised YEARS ago, if you want to bee good then fall back on what you say

5k42rjta.jpg

On 2/22/2020 at 8:18 AM, neophobia said:

?

are you talking about... false promises? or false hopes? if you mean the former...

do you mean the one time they said they wanted to have testers on it early 2019 and only delivered on that in the middle of 2019?

g1 was the one saying q1(?) 2014, not lo lmao.

besides - do you think they didn't/don't want to be done sooner but just push the launch back so they can continue earning less money?

lo is "notoriously" rarely releasing dates or making promises since they are aware of what promises and not delivering on them do. you still having false hopes is your own damn fault then.

like come on fam, they are doing whatever is in their might already because it's also in their best interest since they (very bold assumption here, please don't nail me down on this one) want to continue to exist as a company lmao

I  respect  that you are being loyal to LO. But  nothing to show other than some updates  that in a week you see a leap and next week you see that is reversed, this has been going on since the start when LO took over . The worst  idea behind launching  RIOT mode prior to release of EU  , the failure to balance weapons etc.

There is no assumptions , I only believe in results and so far its mostly failures. 

yeah-no-gif.gif

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

I  respect  that you are being loyal to LO. But  nothing to show other than some updates  that in a week you see a leap and next week you see that is reversed, this has been going on since the start when LO took over . The worst  idea behind launching  RIOT mode prior to release of EU  , the failure to balance weapons etc.

There is no assumptions , I only believe in results and so far its mostly failures. 

yeah-no-gif.gif

so how is this related to

On 2/22/2020 at 6:49 AM, Hypothesis said:

which was obviously nonsense.

i'm loyal to no one but they show gradual progress with the engine upgrade, which is what this thread was about.

not about shotgun changes or anything.

but if you wanna argue about that:

reverting if something goes badly is now a bad thing? they tried something and learned their lessons. that's progress. not nothing.

they employed a bunch of fixes (e.g. yukon) and released a bunch of content for joker and armas already - no reverts.

plus - they had valid reasons for riot: content drought means no one is happy but first and foremost it got their developers good experience with the engine without messing up the main project, the engine upgrade.

lo isn't perfect by any means. i'd wish for more too. but saying they are doing nothing or not making progress is plainly false.

you got another very cool and funny gif for that?

stay ignorant.

On 2/24/2020 at 12:55 PM, neophobia said:

so how is this related to

which was obviously nonsense.

i'm loyal to no one but they show gradual progress with the engine upgrade, which is what this thread was about.

not about shotgun changes or anything.

but if you wanna argue about that:

reverting if something goes badly is now a bad thing? they tried something and learned their lessons. that's progress. not nothing.

they employed a bunch of fixes (e.g. yukon) and released a bunch of content for joker and armas already - no reverts.

plus - they had valid reasons for riot: content drought means no one is happy but first and foremost it got their developers good experience with the engine without messing up the main project, the engine upgrade.

lo isn't perfect by any means. i'd wish for more too. but saying they are doing nothing or not making progress is plainly false.

you got another very cool and funny gif for that?

stay ignorant.

The false hope is they started with the ad "Engine Upgrade Project" and still stuck , in between they diverted and brought huge budget loss with RIOT mode. The valid reasons made them at loss and I believe still is lol. 
The weapon balance is a joke , Anti- cheat  still fails but better than what we used to have  and matchmaking is  still bad. Oh yeah . the server still lags  even with the population dying lol .

LO is nothing but failure in all aspects so far till now but loyal people like you can blindly claim  and cling on the hopes. The game is still dead and  all is left will be people like  you, who cannot  move on from a sinking ship. 

original.gif

Edited by Hypothesis

I been waiting on the engine update for the last seven years.

That's fine if the Engine update is troublesome due to the many bad code errors they may be running into, but in the mean time LO should be engaging with their existing player base and giving players an incentive to continue playing.

Host events with lasting prizes be it: Clothing, Special Guns, IN-game prize money or G1C.  Adding new Armas items for customization rather than broken guns could give people something to buy with their money if they want monetary value.

Host Events period where LO employee's actually interact with the existing population on all Regions would be helpful I.E. More boots on the ground and not some phantom names nobody knows something to let the community know their not forgotten about.

Add some more content like maybe a district even without an Engine update could give the players something to explore.

I could go on and on, but this game still has untold potential if LO just wants to grab it.

Edited by Nabiki
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nabiki said:

That's fine if the Engine update is troublesome due to the many bad code errors they may be running into, but in the mean time LO should be engaging with their existing player base and giving players an incentive to continue playing.

Host events with lasting prizes be it: Clothing, Special Guns, IN-game prize money or G1C.  Adding new Armas items for customization rather than broken guns could give people something to buy with their money if they want monetary value.

Host Events period where LO employee's actually interact with the existing population on all Regions would be helpful I.E. More boots on the ground and not some phantom names nobody knows something to let the community know their not forgotten about.

Add some more content like maybe a district even without an Engine update could give the players something to explore.

I could go on and on, but this game still has untold potential if LO just wants to grab it.

Dreammmm, dream dream dream.

17 hours ago, Nabiki said:

Exactly this, why dont add something nice? They just are able to remove (remove robbery engage, remove p5n5, even their own ideas (RiOT) 

I really hope chinese will put online the 2012 APB, so i can carry on and see my lovely old login screen, just this.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 6:19 AM, MattScott said:

~snip~

Bla bla bla. Has it been 2 years already since you guys took over? Must have been even more than that.
I hear nothing but empty words.
"It's coming, we promise, look we work on it!"
Nothing's coming out. Literally nothing. This player base put their faith in LO to undo what G1 messed up, and you failed.
Just let this carcass of a game die already ffs. Take it out back and put a bullet through its head.

25 minutes ago, Hollowchick said:

Bla bla bla. Has it been 2 years already since you guys took over? Must have been even more than that.
I hear nothing but empty words.
"It's coming, we promise, look we work on it!"
Nothing's coming out. Literally nothing. This player base put their faith in LO to undo what G1 messed up, and you failed.
Just let this carcass of a game die already ffs. Take it out back and put a bullet through its head.

LO could just do the same and release a piece of shit, just like g1 did for consoles.. who would want that?

Edited by videogamer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, videogamer said:

LO could just do the same and release a piece of shit, just like g1 did for consoles.. who would want that?

That's what you're gonna get for PC too.

You know what if you don't try encouraging a company rather than admonishing them constantly your not really giving them positive motivation to get things out in a timely manner, Even Developers have emotions the same as the gamer.

13 hours ago, videogamer said:

Let's face facts: LO ARE G1 at the moment. They took over from G1 like 2 years ago? Maybe even 3 already? What have they done so far with that supposed engine launch? A launch that G1 assured us was almost finished mind you. That has been on the table from late 2013 onwards.

They hyped it up, end of 2018, early to mid 2019, late 2019, now we have almost mid 2020 and still nothing.
They changed frick all, this is G1 over and over again. Just take this carcass of a game out back and finally put a bullet through its head, alleviate some of its misery ffs.

Let's be real here: If the engine was released, let's say realistically speaking end of 2020 is the earliest date I'd even reasonably consider, it's definitely gonna be pushed back later than that. Then what?
Nobody is even gonna be around to play the god damn thing anymore.
The next 6 months will be fixing stuff, bugs, performance, dealing with migration. That is if the release isn't gonna be a huge catastrophe again like the console launches you mentioned. I could almost bank on it turning out exactly like that.
And then what?
They can NOW just start to add new content after cleaning up everything. That's at least gonna take another 6 months to 1 year. We are now theoretically talking mid 2022.
Keep in mind that they wanted to stomp down the NA servers and merge em with EU just because there weren't enough people left alive in this game, dunno if that was even done or not (I have only been peaking into that forum sporadically to see if they've even remotely progressed, turns out they don't).

You honestly believe the game is gonna hold up that long? Just count your losses, pack up the stuff and leave.
When they ported the engine over the graphics are gonna be outdated again anyway so what's the damn point to it?

I was really hoping they were different but they are not.
G1 was all silence and no progress.
LO is all talks and no progress and I am not sure what's worse tbh.

Keep telling yourself this game is gonna live, LO is different than G1, but it's delusional. In the beginning I had hopes too that LO was different.
But no.
LO is just G1 Reloaded and with each passing day it's becoming more and more apparent that they will never release the new engine and revitalize this comatose brain dead patient of a game either.

Edited by Hollowchick

1 hour ago, Hollowchick said:

You honestly believe the game is gonna hold up that long? Just count your losses, pack up the stuff and leave.

tldr.. You know what if you don't try encouraging a company rather than admonishing them constantly your not really giving them positive motivation to get things out in a timely manner, Even Developers have emotions the same as the gamer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, videogamer said:

tldr.. You know what if you don't try encouraging a company rather than admonishing them constantly your not really giving them positive motivation to get things out in a timely manner, Even Developers have emotions the same as the gamer.

I gave them positivity for 2 years.

Also how is TLDR still a thing? You should consider reading more books if your focus isn't enough for something that has more characters than a tweet.

16 hours ago, Hollowchick said:

Let's face facts: LO ARE G1 at the moment. They took over from G1 like 2 years ago? Maybe even 3 already? What have they done so far with that supposed engine launch? A launch that G1 assured us was almost finished mind you. That has been on the table from late 2013 onwards.

They hyped it up, end of 2018, early to mid 2019, late 2019, now we have almost mid 2020 and still nothing.
They changed frick all, this is G1 over and over again. Just take this carcass of a game out back and finally put a bullet through its head, alleviate some of its misery ffs.

Let's be real here: If the engine was released, let's say realistically speaking end of 2020 is the earliest date I'd even reasonably consider, it's definitely gonna be pushed back later than that. Then what?
Nobody is even gonna be around to play the god damn thing anymore.
The next 6 months will be fixing stuff, bugs, performance, dealing with migration. That is if the release isn't gonna be a huge catastrophe again like the console launches you mentioned. I could almost bank on it turning out exactly like that.
And then what?
They can NOW just start to add new content after cleaning up everything. That's at least gonna take another 6 months to 1 year. We are now theoretically talking mid 2022.
Keep in mind that they wanted to stomp down the NA servers and merge em with EU just because there weren't enough people left alive in this game, dunno if that was even done or not (I have only been peaking into that forum sporadically to see if they've even remotely progressed, turns out they don't).

When they ported the engine over the graphics are gonna be outdated again anyway so what's the damn point to it?

I was really hoping they were different but they are not.
G1 was all silence and no progress.
LO is all talks and no progress and I am not sure what's worse tbh.

Keep telling yourself this game is gonna live, LO is different than G1, but it's delusional. In the beginning I had hopes too that LO was different.
But no.
LO is just G1 Reloaded and with each passing day it's becoming more and more apparent that they will never release the new engine and revitalize this comatose brain dead patient of a game either.

Bruh plz just shut up, if your such a prophet and feel like you know exactly what's gonna happen to the game why you here... Like literally your contributing in no way whats so ever other than spouting toxic waste from your mouth my guy. Boo hoo I get it, the game aint progressing as fast as you want it to progress but to say LO is just G1 is nonsense and your just being a whiney, entitled crybaby. I Ain't no fan boy but we're in the same rocky patootie boat bruh and LO Is trying to steer this mf best they can so just strap in and stop complaining or jump ship and leave cuz your negativity aint wanted here.

Edited by xXD4v1dXx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2