Sakebee

Un-Valentine's Patch Announcement

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 2/19/2020. The Patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

OVERVIEW

CHANGES/FIXES

• Updated the Asylum Prototype District shotgun stats.

392096912_Un-ValentineShotgunStats.png.d5e77ea4df1842859a4d205367f7c731.png

This post is cross-referenced under Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sakebee said:

As we continue to ask "Why are you removing this?" while you refuse to give an answer. There's still no reason to remove this. There's also still plenty of reason to add LCR PR1/PR2 and ACT44 Last Stand back in, since there was also no reason for them to be removed.

25 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Finally something nice to see implemented. Let's see how it goes.

They're literally just removing stuff, there's nothing new here.

I'm liking these shotgun changes (for prototype district)!

Not sure what the community thinks about this but for someone who spent some muns in the apocalypse bundle its good to see that the Strife now really stands for something.

And yes, the csg just got JUST AS spammy as the Joker Gunworks, but that's a sacrifise I am willing to make -,^

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

They're literally just removing stuff, there's nothing new here.

Are you blind or what x)

Cmon, at least read the whole post.

>>> 

- Added in region tags on districts in the Advanced District Select to help players identify where a district is located.

- Changed functionality on the district select buttons to connect you to the district instance which has the lowest ping. <<<

8 hours ago, Sakebee said:
  • Added in region tags on districts in the Advanced District Select to help players identify where a district is located.
  • Changed functionality on the district select buttons to connect you to the district instance which has the lowest ping.

YES, I NEEDED THIS SINCE THE LAUNCH!

11 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

I'm liking these shotgun changes (for prototype district)!

Not sure what the community thinks about this but for someone who spent some muns in the apocalypse bundle its good to see that the Strife now really stands for something.

And yes, the csg just got JUST AS spammy as the Joker Gunworks, but that's a sacrifise I am willing to make -,^

There could be more love whith Strife

They seem to like adding "quality of life changes" Time to revive my "suggestions" list. *the one where i make concept screenshots*

Why are so focused on making the CSG a downgrade of the thunder, how on earth can a secondary shotgun "showstopper thunder" can get higher range than the primary ranged shotgun "CSG". I mean why bother using a ranged primary shotgun when you can equip a secondary one that can out perform it at 20-25 meters fights which should have been its arena.

You did buff the CSG's damage to 651 as many of us suggested and buffed the fire interval to (0.7s) instead of keeping it on par with the JG (0.68s) which might not even be noticeable so i have no complaints. 

But why did you need to nerf their ranges that badly?

You literally fixed one problem and created another for no reason at all.

The JG's range is so bad right now i dont even know what you're doing at this point.

• Like 1

fun to see changes to shotgun. but sad to see the old glory go away. maybe im a fan of star's now becous f the love guns but i rather buy a 3 sloted star than buy old glory

On 2/18/2020 at 8:03 AM, WaltanMari said:

There could be more love whith Strife

They brought its damage almost at what it's now live (930). I can't complain

can you explain to me the reason why they eliminate the "Old Glory LCR" as well as several clothing items is very silly of you because if you leave all the items people will buy more G1C

3 minutes ago, Farmiga said:

can you explain to me the reason why they eliminate the "Old Glory LCR" as well as several clothing items is very silly of you because if you leave all the items people will buy more G1C

It was only supposed to be up until the 8th of january as mentioned here:

Time based availability is often a thing, but you already had the chance to pick it up for more than a month more than was originally intended.

It would be nice to have everything available at all times, but you had enough time to pick it up imo

I mean to say if they have the store full of items and they don't spend it removing items, they have a larger number of people buying G1C

If you tell me that they are "fleeting offers" of unique items, I can understand you, but those of us who have been playing since 2011 do not receive any news, they could keep the entire weapons store with a great variety so that new players have access to these objects

• Like 2

Why you remove the Valentine's event so early?
Awww I only needed 15 kills to complete the event and reach Rank 5 :d

1 hour ago, IS2APBR said:

They brought its damage almost at what it's now live (930). I can't complain

If you compare "strife" stats whith new shotguns stats - its still weak compare to others

1 hour ago, WaltanMari said:

If you compare "strife" stats whith new shotguns stats - its still weak compare to others

Yeah ik, I'm just trying to see the bright side of it. I wish they'd cut a few tenths of a second off from its fire rate

Nerf the ramp of JG, ye ty............... 

Edited by eelaaa

5 hours ago, WorldDominator said:

But why did you need to nerf their ranges that badly?

You literally fixed one problem and created another for no reason at all.

The JG's range is so bad right now i dont even know what you're doing at this point.

I agree and in fact I believe ramp/dropoff range is still too low on the CSG, as Rifling variants will outperform standard ones by quite a lot at 15m, and since all CSGs come pre-modded it will feel a bit like a cash grab for those who already have a non-Rifling CSG.

Of course with the JG there are similar issues, but these can be solved as the JG is available with open slots for free, so just sticking IR3 in it will "fix" the issue. The numbers were probably designed with IR3 in mind. 

I would leave ramp start at 20m (at that point spread will be the limiting factor anyway) because the extra 5m won't really help Rifling variants due to spread, but it will help non-IR ones close the gap. After all IR3 has no downsides on the CSG, and most of the other shotguns. 

Other than that small detail the changes look great, looking forward to test the CSG in Asylum soon. 

• Like 1

Hi @Sakebee I think the threat segregation should be taken into consideration for a temporary fix with this new systems taking place. Something like what they did with the bounty system, disabling it completely till they find a better solution.

I ask because at least for Jericho this latency indicator could end up splitting the community even more along with the fact that we already have like 5 or 6 empty instances while also one and a half districts are barely populated for only a couple of hours.

Also may I ask the plans on removing all the RIOT stuff around the game? I can understand if it is not a priority because it takes precious time that is currently being used for something else but it currently makes the game looks so broken and unattended for me.

Anything else, thanks for the hard work.

Regards,

Sal.

Edited by Salvick
typos
  • Like 1

Servers are under maintenance still?

+ 2 hours..

:classic_huh:

Edited by LilPurple

50 minutes ago, LilPurple said:

+ 2 hours..

I played 2 hours ago, worked fine. Were are you connecting from?

3 hours ago, LilPurple said:

+ 2 hours..

Oh I think if the case is that you are waiting for will.io to show up the servers there it might need an update in their site to pair with the current game patch if I'm not wrong.

On 2/17/2020 at 11:48 PM, Sakebee said:

Added in region tags on districts in the Advanced District Select to help players identify where a district is located.

Geee. I wonder which one should I choose.

gQKxfhU.jpg

I actually got excited reading about this feature until I opened the game.

I still don't understand the thought process behind those JG/CSG changes.

Why is it so hard to listen to the players who've been playing this game for 10 years?

I have Pointman R16 on 2 characters and R15 on one character and I have atleast 60,000 kills with the CSG alone. Those range nerfs are unnecessary, because at longer ranges most of the pellets just won't hit the opponent anyway, so it would substitute that the pellets that hit have a bit of damage thanks to a higher Ramp Start (20m) and Ramp End (40m).

This change would make CSG-RT1 a useless weapon compared to CSG-PR1 and JG, because it doesn't have Improved Rifling 3 and unless it's used at (10m) distance, it won't do any damage at all.

CSG's Fire Interval is down to (0.7) from the previous (0.75). I still don't understand why not just make it (0.68) the same as JG? Why do you have to make that difference? 

• Like 1