blockblack

Why only old players stick around?

1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:

What do you mean exactly? One of the worst from performance perspective?

Its probably more than that considering hundreds of thousands of people have tried apb... and as of now only 400 are like "yeah Imma stick with this".

On 2/16/2020 at 7:10 PM, HawtGirl said:

Do we even playing the same game?

The gunplay is very stiff and clunky compared to any other game. You are not even allowed to jump if you want to hit anything. 

Since when?

On 2/16/2020 at 5:40 AM, blockblack said:

Why in APB Only old players stick around

On 2/16/2020 at 6:07 AM, illgot said:

because we old players probably own every gun on Armas (or the equivalent) and have personalized our characters.  We also aren't starting on the bottom, entering a low population game, learning how to work around the broken game mechanics and latency issues and going against a full team of golds over and over and over and over

illgot is right. Some of us are 1-Game people. Ya Grow Up in an open world, and you look foward to seeing certain players. Frienemies. Some of us Old pattoties just dont have another game, nor want to Grind out a new game. I for one have gone back to warthunder. Lot less hacking there than was a few years back. And the pc i bought for apb works great. There is nobody talking smack in chat.

Have I 'moved on'. No, Ill be around, but I won't be 'Living in the park'. APB still offers fun times. But its either newbs or golds. I would have no issue letting a newb get some off me, but lets face it. Im 50 yrs old, Im old and slow. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2020 at 8:40 AM, blockblack said:

Why in APB Only old players stick around, I've found out that most APB players play since 2012~2014 and some of them play since the game's release, What I want to know is why... just why only old players stick around, why do they rather APB and don't move to any other game? and why new players always quit in the first few days or the first weeks?

Two reasons:

1) Toxic Community - You're seeing it right now.

2) Investment - People spent so much money and emotional energy (essentially "no-life"-ing) on this game, leaving it would be literally a waste of money and years of their life lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nivo said:

Since when?

Since always (not sure about pre reloaded times though)

The spread of most weapons is affected by everything you do so your best bet is staying still and camping corners. There is little that you can do mobility wise if you get caught on the open too. 

7 hours ago, Immoxb said:

I am an old player too - And I also noticed, that there's alot of old players aswell - And I agree with the quoted post above me. People are super good at this game, after playing so long, knowing all the good places on the maps etc, plus, they own some quite hard hitting weapons aswell. So while you're new, have to learn everything, you haev to deal with being Pwned all the time, by people who got 6 years of experience. That's probably why - Also, there's not alot of youtube videos of APB or streaming, so people dosent really notice the game..

iAgree ~

• Like 1

Don't know about anyone else, but either I'm addicted or a glutton for punishment.

All jokes and petty complaints aside, I love this game. That's why I stick around.

Real happy the server segregation is up, I had under 140ms latency from East Coast Australia for the first time since

Han server 2016, tonight. Can't describe how happy it made me to be able to really drive again, just by itself.

It was real late (3:30am my time), and I was on empty West Coast Jericho maps, admittedly. But it felt good.

APB is not an Instant Gratification Friendly game and never was. Back when you could complete the tutorial it didn't really prepare you fully to play.

A degree of determination is required, I'd say. It takes a while to get attached to your character and unlock the outfits/options/mods etc, you might want, viewed apart from cops & robbers / missions; that IS the game. And it's tied to the Progression. 

I think most Start and Quit new players might not have the attention span, perserverence or sheer bloody-mindedness to play without a constant reward stream. I'm not suggesting in any way that such a thing should exist in game, however. You really have to earn stuff by mission/JT grind or throw some cash at Armas, if what you want is on there. And in some cases, no, it's not even available for real world cash.  Only by Progression.

Older players accept this out of hand, whereas newer or possibly younger players may not understand the concept.

Or am I jaded?

( Definitely Old. )

Edited by MaxJedburgh
I agree with MACK.

It is the same reason why people still play warcraft despite newer and better MMOs coming out. People have a lot of time and money invested into the game and have attachment to the avatars they put lots of effort into creating.

Newer players don't stay because the game is just dated and downright bad in too many ways. 

2005 korean shooter gun rental system that no one wants to put up with. 

It's a PVP only game with sparse population and is literally unplayable due to the way matchmaking works. Never has been the criminals vs enforcers game it was advertised to be. other games offer the same PVP content with much better production value and have PVE modes with real A.I.

Dated and odd feeling gunplay due to single hit boxes and janky animations that allows nonsense to happen.

The customization and the socialization  is what make the game shine, people just tolerate the subpar gameplay. Without the deep customization no one would be here. 

• Thanks 1

Ya know I been around since closed beta I haven't found another shooter quite like apb, and I've grown to love all the community even those people who think I hate them they are special to me as well.

I think that is what keeps players like me around is how special apb is, the customization and the community, even though I don't condone them yes some of the cheaters are interesting in their own way, they start off legit, but don't want to learn or give two flips what people think so they down load and hope they don't get a ban.

The game is sadly in decline and until LO keeps some of their promises this will continue to be the case sadly, but I plan to be there all the same when the last call has been made, cheers until the end..

On 2/16/2020 at 2:40 PM, blockblack said:

Why in APB Only old players stick around, I've found out that most APB players play since 2012~2014 and some of them play since the game's release, What I want to know is why... just why only old players stick around, why do they rather APB and don't move to any other game? and why new players always quit in the first few days or the first weeks?

because this game is garbage at its current state...

They have to advertise the ever living sh!t out of this game when the engine upgrade hits or something. It needs a huge revival event to breathe any meaningful amount of players back into it.

Even I don't play anymore. Too much stress for not enough reward - as explained in my thread down below.  Z z z . . .

Because this game is one of the most unforgiving and unfriendliest games for new players, ever.

It is an absolute mess of unexplained, cluttered shit going on that you don't understand, topped off by high/max level players that have rerolled a thousand times stomping you over and over.

I really, really don't understand the thought process behind G1s removal of the tutorial districts. Someone was probably like "hey, we're hosting 1 tutorial district in financial, if we shut that down we might get rid of server issues!!!" and everyone else was like "whoa let's do that".

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 3:53 PM, GhosT said:

I really, really don't understand the thought process behind G1s removal of the tutorial districts. Someone was probably like "hey, we're hosting 1 tutorial district in financial, if we shut that down we might get rid of server issues!!!" and everyone else was like "whoa let's do that".

Lol

Remember how 50/50 districts ran fine for literally years? Whatever change messed that up... "hey, 40/40!" and everyone else was like "whoa let's do that!" :classic_laugh:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jazeker said:

Lol

Remember how 50/50 districts ran fine for literally years? Whatever change messed that up... "hey, 40/40!" and everyone else was like "whoa let's do that!" :classic_laugh:

The change that messed that up was them "upgrading" their servers to softlayer or whatever it was called, which was a massive downgrade.

And then they were like "we don't know whats causing the issues here, we're gonna try 45/45 districts! oh no that didn't do anything, let's do 40/40! that'll do the trick!!!"

.... I'm glad G1 is mostly gone.

Its like a "who can last the longest" kinda thing....

not sure what place I'm in but ayyyyyy