blockblack

Why only old players stick around?

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

addiction counts as a mental illness right?

Call it a hunch but I have a feeling you were going to imply that APB is inherently a bad thing for it.

Addiction is a mental illness yes, just like depression, anxiety, phobias, eating and sleeping disorders, ETC.

Addictions are typically not a good thing; However when over 45% of Americans will have some sort of mental illness in their life, it is not uncommon and mental health is not something to be stigmatized or shamed.

Just now, VickyFox said:

Call it a hunch but I have a feeling you were going to imply that APB is inherently a bad thing for it.

Addiction is a mental illness yes, just like depression, anxiety, phobias, eating and sleeping disorders, ETC.

Addictions are typically not a good thing; However when over 45% of Americans will have some sort of mental illness in their life, it is not uncommon and mental health is not something to be stigmatized or shamed.

no it was a joke about how i stick around because i'm mentally ill, chillax my man

cause well it's a pretty unique game and even though i don't play it that much anymore i will still come back to it from time to time.

There was international section on forum , with 6 different native language, a red carpet for any new players.

they removed it.

There was a broken system of out of  bound, extremely fun, especially for have stunts and nice races "outside" map, never less than 30 players at time used to meeting just for this.

they removed it.

There was a p5n5 system for "revenge" also after mission versus the strongest stomper, that system allowed also newbies or weak players to put a personal point to the gameplay   (just a little satisfaction more)

they removed it.

There was a gift system that used to be a nice mode for help friends and new players to have something more.

they removed it.

There was a login screen and a soundtrack epic, better than a movie. a masterpiece of design.

they removed it.

There were active player ingame and in forum ,for events or simply for tutorial.

they added the russian from Innova just for balance them.( there was too much love around APB, a bit of ""competitive"" players balanced it)

There was a problem about PC performance.

they solved it with 40 vs 40 district. too bad if MM now canT manage a 2 vs 2 mission.

Oh, and my ninjaripper doesnT works in social.

Too bad for the people that would something more while keeping their APB activity alive. 

I hope in the future, near future potentialy, the nice and fun freedom/anarcky/chaos/madness breeze that only in APb was visible and lovable.

yes , maybe was not organized, but in APB a player had 238479234 features unique plus other 9437927843 not official features for live inside the game.

Now go to killdiekilldie like COD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Takes time to get addicted to this game.

But the drug gone bad and it smells now 

So new users don't appreciate the feeling anymore and there are also a$hole old time junkies..

That's how I see it at least 

Because they are still waiting for the engine upgrade 😀

On 2/16/2020 at 2:40 PM, blockblack said:

Why in APB Only old players stick around, I've found out that most APB players play since 2012~2014 and some of them play since the game's release, What I want to know is why... just why only old players stick around, why do they rather APB and don't move to any other game? and why new players always quit in the first few days or the first weeks?

personaly been on apb since 2012 and for me apb is my favorit game of all time. i liked gta as a frenchise and enjoyed playing the game as a story mode. than again been playing apb for a while i switch over to other games like black desert online / Call of duty modern warfare / Carmageddon and apex legends. stil only carmageddon can intrest me as much as apb did til now. having a game u enjoy and care about i find important.
new players i wish i could talk to them and help them learn the game. maybe u need to check the greeter system i suggested on the forums.

6 hours ago, Ellix said:

Takes time to get addicted to this game.

But the drug gone bad and it smells now 

So new users don't appreciate the feeling anymore and there are also a$hole old time junkies..

That's how I see it at least 

Not bad.. not bad.

~ No other game is like apb thats a big reason for old players to stick around and for new players , they come to the game but they have to face hard enemies while they are supposed to be learning the game and that push them away 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

There was international section on forum , with 6 different native language, a red carpet for any new players.

they removed it.

There was a broken system of out of  bound, extremely fun, especially for have stunts and nice races "outside" map, never less than 30 players at time used to meeting just for this.

they removed it.

There was a p5n5 system for "revenge" also after mission versus the strongest stomper, that system allowed also newbies or weak players to put a personal point to the gameplay   (just a little satisfaction more)

they removed it.

There was a gift system that used to be a nice mode for help friends and new players to have something more.

they removed it.

There was a login screen and a soundtrack epic, better than a movie. a masterpiece of design.

they removed it.

There were active player ingame and in forum ,for events or simply for tutorial.

they added the russian from Innova just for balance them.( there was too much love around APB, a bit of ""competitive"" players balanced it)

There was a problem about PC performance.

they solved it with 40 vs 40 district. too bad if MM now canT manage a 2 vs 2 mission.

Oh, and my ninjaripper doesnT works in social.

Too bad for the people that would something more while keeping their APB activity alive. 

I hope in the future, near future potentialy, the nice and fun freedom/anarcky/chaos/madness breeze that only in APb was visible and lovable.

yes , maybe was not organized, but in APB a player had 238479234 features unique plus other 9437927843 not official features for live inside the game.

Now go to killdiekilldie like COD.

It has always been out of touch, horribad decision-making that ruined this gem of a game.

• Like 2

sunk cost fallacy.

people have put time and probably some money into game and it would be a waste to not continue playing when they spent so much time playing it

• Like 1

EwJK0jc.png

Not saying OP is a dethreater (feel free to confess your sins though).

• Thanks 2

We still hate the game but can't stop playing it due to addictions

THIS 

Is the best way I can explain this, from my experience. Me and my brother have pc gaming in common and we play together quit often. APB was one of those games if you saw me guarenteed my brother was with me and through it all we meet some friends in 2012 and 2014 whom we still chat and play with TO THIS DAY so for me its who I meet along the way and this rollercoaster of a game with its ups and downs through the years I stuck with it. I'll always look at apb as a hall of Famer for me. 

As an oldplayer of the game, there is only one reason that i still playing this game. "Customazation" i really enjoy creating new outfits and buying cars and try my skills on designing. Apart from that i'm not gonna say that im still playing the game for PVP cause having a lot of kills and maxed roles, makes the game boring.Icant really find any specific reason without having a new goal to play the game! 

Addiction is when you un-install the game due to frustration, yet re-install it a day later because apb is life.

Edited by Nivo

Guest Zilsux

2018 player here.

Here is my personal opinion on the matter.

APB like any other game has a learning curve, where pro and experienced players can take new players down in groups. Due to this, when I was a newbie APB felt too difficult as any player I encountered could wipe the floor with my bronze [REDACTED], and this is even more evident in silver districts which is home for a lot of de-rankers, so my first experience along with many others where like entering a game for the first time and putting it on hard, just shy of expert. When I joined APB, I joined along with 6 more steam friends to play as a group for the first time, convinced to try the game out thanks to Youtube videos and the customization options. I am the only one who stayed after all this time. All of them basically raged until uninstalling or found the grind of getting better not rewarding enough. I like to think that a bit more comprehensive matchmaking could help in this matter. For what I've seen there's 3 kinds of APB players. Old School experienced players, The usual transit of players who join and leave in a few days, and players like me. Silvers who are masochists and just play for fun despite dying in every corner, who are the ones who eventually become the expert players years down the line.... If I don't quit by then that is. I'm only here to have something to waste my time in in between works.

Edited by Zilsux

5 minutes ago, Zilsux said:

2018 player here.

Here is my personal opinion on the matter.

APB like any other game has a learning curve, where pro and experienced players can take new players down in groups. Due to this, when I was a newbie APB felt too difficult as any player I encountered could wipe the floor with my bronze [REDACTED], and this is even more evident in silver districts which is home for a lot of de-rankers, so my first experience along with many others where like entering a game for the first time and putting it on hard, just shy of expert. When I joined APB, I joined along with 6 more steam friends to play as a group for the first time, convinced to try the game out thanks to Youtube videos and the customization options. I am the only one who stayed after all this time. All of them basically raged until uninstalling or found the grind of getting better not rewarding enough. I like to think that a bit more comprehensive matchmaking could help in this matter. For what I've seen there's 3 kinds of APB players. Old School experienced players, The usual transit of players who join and leave in a few days, and players like me. Silvers who are masochists and just play for fun despite dying in every corner, who are the ones who eventually become the expert players years down the line.

The issue now is that when new players gets to play the game, they get forced to give up on it right away which results lack of players and bad matchmaking forever.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

The issue now is that when new players gets to play the game, they get forced to give up on it right away which results lack of players and bad matchmaking forever.  

without good veterans around the % of toxicity increase mathematicaly.

they never listened them, never.

and they will never do, after 10 years i can confirm that the wish of good community has been perfectly received by other game company.

the toxic part of tryhard golds always opposed to any real new change.

maybe cause their cheats are hard to update is the changing is relevant? just asking.

2 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

the toxic part of tryhard golds always opposed to any real new change.

maybe cause their cheats are hard to update is the changing is relevant? just asking.

If something is going to kill this game, that will be its own community and not the lack of interest to the game. 

Everything these people do (in the forum too) is killing the game. 

I am losing IQ just by reading the garbage that some people living in their own bubble thinks that is ok.

There are some decent people around but not that many unfortunately. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 5:24 PM, FluffyCat said:

~ No other game is like apb thats a big reason for old players to stick around and for new players , they come to the game but they have to face hard enemies while they are supposed to be learning the game and that push them away 

I am an old player too - And I also noticed, that there's alot of old players aswell - And I agree with the quoted post above me. People are super good at this game, after playing so long, knowing all the good places on the maps etc, plus, they own some quite hard hitting weapons aswell. So while you're new, have to learn everything, you haev to deal with being Pwned all the time, by people who got 6 years of experience. That's probably why - Also, there's not alot of youtube videos of APB or streaming, so people dosent really notice the game..

On 2/16/2020 at 4:07 PM, illgot said:

APB (one of the worst shooters I have ever played).

What do you mean exactly? One of the worst from performance perspective?