PotatoeGirl

Is the medusa any good?

I have my eye on it since it first came but is it actually worth it?

Also is it better or worse than the regular amg version?

I play alot LMG and i would prefer medusa above regular AMG

But most ppl will tell u get the regular one...

Guess u should try it on ur own

(I could sell u a medusa with money-back-garantee)

I've tried both the medusa and the regular AMG (the one you buy with JT, identical to euryale)
And I gotta say I prefered the regular one a lot more. First ~10 shots with the medusa have an insane recoil, the ones that come after are super steady. Regular AMG isn't as steady as post 10 shots medusa, but it is steady enough to use it efficiently up to 50m maybe (the gun's effective range is even higher than that, like 60m I think)
I found that with the medusa, during the time I was getting those 10 first shots out, I got killed. Of course this is just my personal preferrence because I couldn't find a way to play around medusa's unique mod. If possible you should try both and see what suits you best

almost all lmg's are underused.
but I would say that the medusa is decent. the normal amg is better but the medusa isn't bad

If you manage to handle the recoil with the first 10 shots (which shouldn't be too hard) it does kill fast and is basically a laser. 

It is not even close.

The Euryale/Stheno are simply better than the Medusa in every way.

The ONLY reason to use the Medusa over the AMG is availability.

So if you don't have the loyalty unlock or enough JT, but have money to buy a Medusa, then I guess use the Medusa. Otherwise nah.

The Medusa regains accuracy the longer you fire it.

It's a a insane laser once it gets going but that's like a full second if not longer, It's a incredible benefit but does that benefit make up for the risk it takes?

The Euryale and Stheno are more simple with it's recoil and accuracy being consistent, for that most would say they are better.

Honestly it's like most weapons, depends on circumstances and play style.

if you struggle with recoil control then the medusa is probably better for you

bah, depends from the user, it's just a matter of taste/ using good it, for ex.  one friend of mine when he want to play serious he use it, and I will never make the mess he make with it and no idea why he is so good when using it.

Personal opinion, It's a good all around weapon, but there is better..give a try doesnt  it cost a lot and u will resell it easy.

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

btw, selling Medusas on Jericho

DTi4BIc.gif

I am afraid to ask what's happening there : | .....

Everybody already explained it so what I have to add is very little.

The Medusa as a support weapon could work well, as long as you play with a team that goes in the frontline for you while you stay behind for most of the situations. This is because the time it takes to gain the accuracy given by its special mod is enough to make it quite useless against any other accurate weapon aiming at you at the same time you engage.

The Euryale by the other side doesn't lose accuracy on its first shots, allowing you to tap fire and keep a constant recoil if you learn it well, it also does considerable damage at mid/long distance although the tap fire got to be more spaced in that case.

You can kill faster on an engage with the Euryale than with the Medusa while the Medusa takes longer to stabilize but once then it has almost no recoil while holding the button down. That's the only difference.

Personally although I have the Medusa I never use it while I do enjoy a lot playing with the Euryale some times.

On 2/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, IS2APBR said:

I couldn't find a way to play around medusa's unique mod.

It offers you benefit against cars compared to normal AMG, at least.

8 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

It offers you benefit against cars compared to normal AMG, at least.

It does? is it significant? 

19 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Yes of course, cars have bigger hitboxes.

oof. That "advantage" pretty much applies for any weapon. 

3 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

oof. That "advantage" pretty much applies for any weapon. 

You have better accuracy against cars in longer ranges with medusa, right?

26 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

You have better accuracy against cars in longer ranges with medusa, right?

is it hard damage even significant enough vs cars? 

sadly any type of alig / shaw gun seems to be under used to kill cars with.

people became stuck on the meta for killing their ops and ignored killing vehicles

medusa is a decent weapon but it mainly depends on your handling of it and your playstyle that goes with the handling.

i would do a boot camp training practice with shaws  and aligs first to get used to them for training so that you are ready for any medusa or euryale you choose later.

In my opinion:
-The Firerate is way too fast for only 80 rounds, it takes like 20+ for the recoil to go away.
-The hard damage is really low, so forget about destroying cars fast.
-You need an ammo source all the time.
-Smart enemies will wait until you run out of magazine to rush you since you have to maintain the clic for the accuracy.

+In a 1v1 fight, you can jump and start shooting, then crouch when landing, having the perfect accuracy by that point.

Aa den är rätt bra om du sätter på Muzzle Break eller Hunting Sight 3 på den. Mer värt att köpa Thumper eller liknande men Medusa är inte helt fel!