Sakebee

6/27 Beta Bug Reports

This is a thread for bugs related to the 6/27 open beta playtest.

When submitting bugs, we ask that you do your best to format them in the following way. This will give us the best chance of finding the issue you came across and making sure it gets fixed! Be sure to check out our known issues list and skim this thread before posting so we don't get a bunch of duplicate issues. Here is the structure we would prefer:

• Summary: A short description of the bug – think of it as similar to a newspaper headline.
  • Game Version: This is important for tracking reasons. Including the version number lets us see how long a bug has been present within the game and where it was first spotted.
  • Description: A detailed description of the issue that you’ve found. Try to stay concise and clear in your information while being specific.
  • Steps to Reproduce: This part can be the most important part of a bug report. The steps that you took to reproduce this issue.
  • Reproduceability: If you find the reproduction of an issue, how many times are you able to reproduce it following these steps you wrote above? You can use a percentage or a fraction (ie. 2/5 or 5/5 times. 25% of the time or 100% of the time, for example).
  • Results: What’s actually happening when you follow these steps.
  • Expected Results: What should have happened instead of the bug.

Example - A bug report for a specific issue

Description: Ammo is currently not being re-supplied to the end user during a mission under any circumstance. This happens for weapon changes, and for weapons equipped before missions

Game Version: 1.19.5.789497

Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch the game.
2. Enter any district, and either change weapon, or shoot some bullets and attempt to resupply ammo
3. Notice that it does not do this.

How many times have you recreated this bug: 3/3

Expected results: This shouldn't be happening.

Thanks! We really appreciate everyone who takes the time to let us know about an issue they found.

EDIT

For those with installer issues, we will need your install log. Here is how to find it:

1. Open Temp folder (Press Win+R, type "%temp%" and press enter)
  2. Search the folder for files that start with APBInstall. It's these we need.
    image.png.c916605d13a3ab01284dae8a7156000d.png

Please DM @Sakebee this log when you have a moment. If you have trouble sending the file, you can also DM the log to SakeBee#2553 on Discord.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Description: Checkboxes stay checked/unchecked after resetting the game. Leaving the game on the High quality but just unchecking some boxes(doesn't matter which one) and resetting the game for it to take effect, those checkboxes are still shown to be checked even though that setting is no longer on. It works the other way around as well, leaving the game on Minimum quality but just checking some boxes(doesn't matter which one) and resetting the game for it to take effect, those checkboxes are still shown to be unchecked even though that setting is now on. This doesn't happen if I just change from one preset setting to another (e.g from High to minimum and resetting the game it works the way it should).

Game Version: 2.1.0.830570

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the game

2. Check/Uncheck any checkbox

3. Reset the game

4. Notice that the checkbox is still checked/unchecked(depending on which settings your game was set on) even though the setting you changed has taken effect

How many times have you recreated this bug: 3/3

Expected result: This shouldn't be happening.

Edited by jmiIos
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jmiIos said:

Description: Checkboxes stay checked/unchecked after resetting the game. Leaving the game on the High quality but just unchecking some boxes(doesn't matter which one) and resetting the game for it to take effect, those checkboxes are still shown to be checked even though that setting is no longer on. It works the other way around as well, leaving the game on Minimum quality but just checking some boxes(doesn't matter which one) and resetting the game for it to take effect, those checkboxes are still shown to be unchecked even though that setting is now on. This doesn't happen if I just change from one preset setting to another (e.g from High to minimum and resetting the game it works the way it should).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the game

2. Check/Uncheck any checkbox

3. Reset the game

4. Notice that the checkbox is still checked/unchecked(depending on which settings was your game set on) even though the setting you changed has taken effect

How many times did you recreated this bug: 3/3

Expected result: This shouldn't be happening.

Yup i can confirm that is correct.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)

Description: Steam Login will make you game crash every time you launch it

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the game

2. Click Steam Login

3. Crash

4. Open the game and crash every time you load the login screen

Expected result: This shouldn't be happening. I fixed it by deleting all folders but Launcher, CookedPCConsole and Content, then downloading the files again using the launcher (because I have no idea of the exact files causing the issue).

Edited by FranGT
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)

Description: Application Error message after launching APB Beta from the official launcher.

Game Version: 2.1

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the official launcher.
2. Click Start
3. Error message pops up.

How many times have you recreated this bug: 3/3

Results: Application Error message.

49rJtIR.png

Expected results: APB should open.

System Specs:
CPU: Xeon X5690

RAM: 24GB DDR3

GPU: GTX 1080

Edited by SquirrelFace

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, FranGT said:

Description: Steam Login will make you game crash every time you launch it

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the game

2. Click Steam Login

3. Crash

4. Open the game and crash every time you load the login screen

Expected result: This shouldn't be happening. I fixed it by deleting all folders but Launcher, CookedPCConsole and Content, then downloading the files again using the launcher (because I have no idea of the exact files causing the issue).

This is a known issue. You'll have to log in using your LO login credentials.

To fix the auto Steam login issue, do the following:

1. Launch regedit (Win + R, type regedit, press enter)
2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Gamersfirst\APB\APB Beta
3. Locate the String Key "Tag". It's value should be "steam" currently

4. Double click on the "Tag" key, change it's value to "live"

Let me know if that helps.

Edited by SKay

2 hours ago, ToSFriendlyNameHere said:

https://gyazo.com/f665b86a8244737ac6890695dc8aa792 amazing, I can't even go past the installer great!

If anyone experiences installer issues, please DM me your installer log so we can take a look. Here are instructions on how to find that log:

1. Open Temp folder (Press Win+R, type "%temp%" and press enter)
  2. Search the folder for files that start with APBInstall. It's these we need.

The OP has been updated to include this info as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SKay said:

Technically couldn't one simply close Steam before starting the game if they aren't comfortable with registry stuff n' things?

12 hours ago, SKay said:

To fix the auto Steam login issue, do the following:

1. Launch regedit (Win + R, type regedit, press enter)
2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Gamersfirst\APB\APB Beta
3. Locate the String Key "Tag". It's value should be "steam" currently

4. Double click on the "Tag" key, change it's value to "live"

Let me know if that helps.

Does not work as its set to "live" already.

16 hours ago, FranGT said:

Simply deleting files from APB\APBGame\Config and running launcher again should reset the issue if you have clicked "automatically login with steam".

• Dislike 2

10 hours ago, VaniaGameNameTravisfocsgo said:

Hello, please need help, how to fix that issue ? 

GPU - NVIDIA 450 GTS 

CPU - I3-540 - 3.4GHZ 

VRAM - 1GB 

RAM - 4GB 

WIN 10 (Last update)

https://ibb.co/mFzH7st

You need a processor that supports AVX instructions, yours does not; any processor from 2011 and later does.

4 hours ago, Catgorl said:

You need a processor that supports AVX instructions, yours does not; any processor from 2011 and later does.

If that's the case then it means a lot of users won't be able to play. It seems unnecessary to require AVX when plenty of other large player count UE3 and EU4 games do not require it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

If that's the case then it means a lot of users won't be able to play. It seems unnecessary to require AVX when plenty of other large player count UE3 and EU4 games do not require it.

I completely agree, I’ve never played with an innovation, although daylight and tekken work🧐

Good evening you can't download the installer anymore?

1 minute ago, REDSKYFOX said:

Good evening you can't download the installer anymore?

The launcher is available here, this is the same link from the blogpost.

~@mayii

Posted (edited)

Hello,

What about the players that don't have AVX instructions? Would they have any way to install anyway? 
It would seem weird being able to play the latest call of duty, but not being able to install APB due to a restriction of the installer.

Pretty sure there are also UE games that don't require this. 

Edit:

I have copied my Launcher files over to bypass the setup. And the Launcher seems to download the game for my friend. I'll update if the game also works. 

Merged.

Update :

The hackfix from above didn't work. 

The game won't run. 😞@MattScott any feedback? 

Edited by Infinito
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I guess its no bug, more like something i just dont know

But i cant log in with my existing Account

Gameversion: beta 2.1

I would be happy about any help

Thanks

Edited by SunnyMonroe
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Infinito said:

Hello,

What about the players that don't have AVX instructions? Would they have any way to install anyway? 
It would seem weird being able to play the latest call of duty, but not being able to install APB due to a restriction of the installer.

Pretty sure there are also UE games that don't require this. 

Edit:

I have copied my Launcher files over to bypass the setup. And the Launcher seems to download the game for my friend. I'll update if the game also works. 

I'm having the same issue,  littroly been playing apb since release, been excited for the engine update, and now i may not even be able to play it due to avx.  i hope they change this,  changing a processer out is not like a grapics card, most of the time you need a new motherboard to go with it,  looking at least a grand to upgrade just to play APB.

1 hour ago, RevyBando said:

me issue,  littroly been playing apb since release, been excited for the engine update, and now i may not even be able to play it due to avx.  i hope they change this,  changing a processer out is not like a grapics card, most of the time you need a new motherboard to go with it,  looking at least a grand to upgrade just to play APB.

I haven't digged into this yet, but I've read there is an emulator. https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-software-development-emulator.html

I wouldn't know how it will work, as my experience in CPU emulators is it usually lags like Sh#t

On 6/24/2020 at 9:46 PM, Catgorl said:

That's gonna be huge yikes from me.

My best PC can run GTA V super fine but will not be able to play APB Beta...

Hope I'm not right on that...

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RevyBando said:

I'm having the same issue,  littroly been playing apb since release, been excited for the engine update, and now i may not even be able to play it due to avx.  i hope they change this,  changing a processer out is not like a grapics card, most of the time you need a new motherboard to go with it,  looking at least a grand to upgrade just to play APB.

I feel like AVX shouldn't be a requirement to begin with, and that upgrading hardware shouldn't be the solution, but just in case you are going that route, you can get a decent secondhand CPU/Motherboard combo that supports AVX instructions for 200 pounds or less sometimes.

Edited by Catgorl

Posted (edited)

am i smart(yes) 

or why i cannot login? i already changed my pass but it still wont let me (wrong id or pass), or is the ingame one different?, i think not 

i always sign in with steam but this doesnt work in the beta xD

Edited by Flame the Coyote
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Flame the Coyote said:

am i smart(yes) 

or why i cannot login? i already changed my pass but it still wont let me (wrong id or pass), or is the ingame one different?, i think not 

i always sign in with steam but this doesnt work in the beta xD

The test is tomorrow ...

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

The test is tomorrow ...

yea i know but does this even prevent me from logging with a wrong pass error, wanted to check if my chars are there xd

Edited by Flame the Coyote
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1