Sakebee

6/27 Beta Feedback

Think the closed beta is now closed yes? ... 

Today's beta was great

1 minute ago, Hlebka said:

Today's beta was great

Rip beta.

The most hour's I've spent in a lobby menu of a game while in front of the PC LMAO time for something else ( Closed Beta ended now )

Here's feedback:

I was super happy to see so many people trying in! That was cool. We're here. It's good. Folks wanna do this.

That said, this event should obviously have been delayed. How many of us are going to try again next time, having experienced this? Two thirds? One third? You're going to have to wrestle with adding capacity with no idea of who's going to try again. Conventional wisdom says you only get one shot at things like this, but knowning APB:R, I truly hope people continue to be as forgiving as they have been.

The next time, logging in to the client needs to be more informative for us. At the very least the client has to be able to tell us whether an event is on or not. We went in completely blind, the event was delayed, logins didn't work, the event was first extended and then called early. All this information needs to be visible ingame.

Error codes and messages should be legible; 1) if the beta has not started yet, let us know. 2) If we can't log in due to traffic, let us know. 3) If the password is actually wrong, let us know. Error code 8 and 9 and 11004 aren't meaningful information and made the experience, at least for some players who did not know what was up, much more harrowing than it should have been.

The illegible error codes made the start of the event completely hazy. If you tried to log in at the start date and time, you wouldn't have known the event was even on since it was running way late! Use Twitter (or some other live messaging platform) should be used to announce any potential delays. Any problems? Let us know right away. You should be live-tweeting the situation or running a devstream.

The beta launcher should have had its newsfeed directed to the APB 2.1 Beta forum. The known issues were only available in the beta forum which was hard to access and, ultimately, didn't even have all of the relevant information (the early shutdown of the event was only announced in the Social District, not in the beta forum).

The beta client should have had Steam login altogether disabled (button removed or darkened) if it didn't work. Unnecessary confusion. Using Steam event notifications was good, but we were completely in the dark as to what was wrong and why we couldn't log in - or when the event ended! There should have been a constant stream of live updates on the nature of the issues and reasons as to why we couldn't log in..

The beta Launcher had very, very slow download speeds. I waited until late Friday to download, as recommended, and still nearly missed the (nonexistent) start due to having to download so much data so slowly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ran worse than live massive slow downs instead of stuttering and the menu's and ui are ugly only improvement was lighting and visuals.

Well, acctually i couldnt even a catch glimpse into the beta, ive tried multiple times, the last tryp after an an longer waiting time on world joining , the game told me afterwards all the time, my character is ingame i have to wait.  Over that and the late Time here, i wanted to wait an hour on the couch and then try again but asleeped. Well.

Anyway i hope i can give a feedback for further content.

I think alot of peoples were happy when they could hear their own music ingame... in the cars and else, and just a suggestion, how about the ideaa/possibility to link ingame music/radio with spotify?

I would really love to see that, and it would sure atract at least a few other peoples too.

anyway i hope your ideas for new system with cash, and the engine update work out well. I would love to get some good time in the game, like in old times. I would also love to see eventually new content after the new engine update, and not seeing the game slowly dying after an reanimation.

Greetings

never even got in, tried from start to finish, got loading screen maybe 6 times. tried whole time

Posted (edited)

I was in-game 3 times, on 2 different characters, crashing each time. (Once was my fault.)

All my stuff seemed to have ported over from my account.

2 crashes that happened from the game, were in Social. One time was just me standing still. The other was when I tried popping up the Radeon Overlay to see my Frame Times.

Got into Asylum, killed some people. Unimpressed with FPS. Running a Ryzen 2600x and Vega 56 at 2560x1440, I was getting 70-90 FPS in both districts.

The main menu screen, where you type in your login info, and it's showing some complex fight in Financial? That screen stutters once every 4.5 seconds, consistently. Not just my machine, but all of my friends as well. Obviously it doesn't really have any effect on the game itself, but it's a horrible look to get to a game's start menu and have it stuttering.

When in Social, I noticed that my money in the top right was blurry. Low resolution. Maybe because I'm playing at 2k and not 1920x1080? Either way, it was again one of those little polishes that makes the game look and feel like it's hardly working.

Menus are still awful laggy messes. As in, clicking to switch from one weapon to another, makes FPS stutter hard.

On the positive though, the foliage looked nice. Grass in Social was pretty decent. It's hard to give a lot of positives, when most of my time was spent trying to log in, or restarting the game after crashes.

From what I could tell, the accidental speedhack was fixed. I gave that a quick try, but can't say for certain that it was entirely fixed. I reported exactly how to do it when I was in SPCT years ago, and won't mention more here. I'm sure it's still working great on Live APB.

This shouldn't have been called a Beta, but rather a Login test, or Alpha. I think if it was branded as such, it wouldn't have been taken so negatively. Beta is usually some sort of preview on how the game is expected, and hoping to run. Not something that hardly works and crashes constantly.

Edited by Guartorias

So, that mean i won't be able to play APB New Version?

CPU Phenom x6 1100t

GPU R9 270X

8 GB Ram

Captura-de-Tela-2.png

for the 5 minutes i was able to play, i had stable 144fps in both districts after all assets had loaded and the freezing that causes stopped, w/ i7-6700k & 2070 super. graphics look a lot better but i play on potato anyway for fps. never got a chance to really test hitreg or network latency

-ppl were invisible while shooting me 🙃

-gibe us money to buy weapons for future tests

-unlock all guns for ppl who are not max level(?)

I wasn't able to login. Sometimes code 8 or 10007 or 11004 on login, sometimes I just wasn't able to join with character. Sad that I haven't tested new engine 😕

I hope this login problem won't be there the next time, because honestly that was the only bug i had.

The game would let me login, choose my character and then kick me, or i could join a district but it would kick me during loading.

Except one time, and it was nice to play, had no bugs, my character was like in live, nice. There was too much contrast but that's just visually, and i was doing 70-90ish fps in ultra, where i was doing 100-120 fps on live with a i7-8750H and a GTX 1060 6GB.

My friends, however, crashed when they tried to login, with no error code.

I believe in you, LO, this was clumsy, but at least you could get some data on why people couldn't connect. Baby steps.

I can't log in, getting an error of "Username or password are incorrect" but I've just logged in to the website successfully.

58 minutes ago, Xyro said:

I can't log in, getting an error of "Username or password are incorrect" but I've just logged in to the website successfully.

The database probably got swapped back to private again, especially if you're trying now

I'll add one more note: Normally LO is completely on top of the public-facing aspects of the game. Matt's constant stream of updates is actually a little bit astonishing given how much time it has to take, and there have been some really fun and nice streams too.

The next time the beta comes, though, how about a completely separate beta Twitter account for the beta tests that would keep Matt's and the official Twitter free of the beta stuff?

It would be completely dedicated to spamming out the times, dates, potential delays, extensions, hiccups, guiding people. Its tweets could be displayed in-game too, and on the forums as a ticker.

• Like 2

Hey!

Tried the Beta yesterday, the only problem with it were the servers (thats not related to the Engine Upgrade anyway).

My question is: Is there any plan to do something with the Post Processing? I mean, Depth of Field, Bloom. etc. or is it the "final product" in the case of Art/graphics?

11 hours ago, ElWolfgang said:

Значит, я не смогу играть в новую версию APB?

Процессор Phenom x6 1100t

GPU R9 270X

8 ГБ оперативной памяти

Захват-The-Tela-2.png

ваш процессор не поддерживает  формат AVX ..

Поверьте на слово, не вы 1 столкнулись с этим ((( 

Little Feedback
Played the Beta for about 10 Minutes, only Social. Needed to Create a New Character since mine are not there...
Went to the Outfit Designer and noticed that the Clothes from the ARMAS are viewable. Pretty cool tbh since you can check out on an Item for you Character before buying it with G1C. Please bringt this to the Live Server as soon as you can, really appreciated it.

Bullet-point feedback from the 10-15 minutes I was able to get in before the initial shutdown:

• Look and feel is a bit rough. Multiple clothing items have black textures that crush all colors (the shinguards being one of them). I remember loving the lit city-scapes of San Paro. Yes, they were very bloomy, but the colors seemed a lot more tuned. This version is "realistic" but seems to lack the depth of previous iterations. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
  • Character lighting in the editor is so dark that it's hard to really do much in the way of designing. I do like that your character isn't hyper-lit and it's more realistic for the game, but man... all my designs look rough now. Multiple layering issues with certain decals as well. For some reason they were coming in red/black.
  • Game appeared relatively stable for me even when people were hammering the world-server. I was getting 138-144 FPS, 40 MS on all settings maxed with an I7-8700k at 5.2 ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080ti, and 32gb of 3200 MHZ GDDR4 ram.
  • Man... the load times. What a dream. Instant character editor, district loads taking 4-5 seconds. It's just... wow.

Hopefully I can try an action district next time.

Thank.

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2020 at 9:27 PM, ElWolfgang said:

So, that mean i won't be able to play APB New Version?

CPU Phenom x6 1100t

GPU R9 270X

8 GB Ram

Captura-de-Tela-2.png

Pretty much. Most other games do not require AVX. There's probably a good reason those other games don't use it. If it increased performance you know the big companies would be all over it.

Edited by SquirrelFace

On 6/28/2020 at 3:17 AM, Guartorias said:

2 crashes that happened from the game, were in Social. One time was just me standing still. The other was when I tried popping up the Radeon Overlay to see my Frame Times.

Could get in for about 5 minutes in social after which the game crashed, Ryzen 7 3700X, RX 5700. 

Seems to be a Navi issue I guess.

Posted (edited)

Audio broke last second so. Have some calm, upbeat Synthwave

My pc config 
https://valid.x86.fr/kze886

Edited by IRyanI
Was broken link
  • Like 1