blockblack

I am feeling Devastated...

1 hour ago, Golderlight123 said:

"n-tec premades"? Is that what silvers call good players nowadays?

coming from a arrogant player like yourself ofcause you would say this. you're nothing special yourself.. attacking players like this - oh is that what silvers call good players nowadays... typical from a player that has been banned 10 times or more.

Very insightful, Golderlight123456789, thank you.

19 hours ago, blockblack said:

even though I play APB Since 2016 with 4000+ hours..

This is a lie and you know it is. Just stop and get good, seriously

9 hours ago, Lato said:

This is a lie and you know it is. Just stop and get good, seriously

It's not impossible, as even I have 2500 hours of regret.

On 2/12/2020 at 8:12 PM, HawtGirl said:

That is just poor game design. I can 1vs2 and 1vs3 in other games. That is what skill is about - showing that you can carry without relying on others. 

Here you are handicapped by how much your team will cooperate and you will mostly die because getting outnumbered and not the lack of skill.  

Being able to 1vs2,3,4,5 is a form of skill

Taking down a single enemy in a coordinated attack is a form of skill

Avoiding being outnumbered is a form of skill

Aiming is a form of skill

Ammo management is a form of skill

Deciding when to engage is a form of skill

Deciding when to disengage is a form of skill

Knowing the advantages and limitations of weapons is a form of skill

Knowing the map is a form of skill

Utilizing the map to your advantage is a form of skill

Understanding the spawn system is a form of skill

Abusing the spawn system is a form of skill

Knowing when to rely on others is a form of skill

Knowing when others need to rely on you is a form of skill

Do you want me to go on?

Defining skill with a single sentence as "this is what it's about" is completely impossible. It has been generally categorized into mechanical skill and game sense but it's incredibly nuanced. Getting back to your example. Being outnumbered is one of the following:

1. Your fault for letting it happen (lack of that specific skill)

2. Proper movement by the enemy (showcase of that specific skill by enemy)

It is entirely possible for APB to be skill-based without allowing you to instantly wipe the enemy with head shots. What you think skill is does not really matter in an objective discussion and if you wish to continue participating in those I would highly recommend to consider other perspectives before you make a statement. It makes the discussion better for everyone.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/12/2020 at 8:54 PM, Flaws said:

Here we go again....

APB is the furthest you can be from a solo game, the entire premise of the game is to play as a team. For example the fact that players only have one hitbox, hints that taking down multiple targets is much more difficult than it is in games such as CS:GO or R6S where one good aimer can take down entire teams over and over (headshots). In APB that's a lot more unlikely due to the fact that you still need to hit multiple shots on each of those players while they are most likely also targeting you at the same time. That is also one of the reasons top teams never take 1v1 engagements unless absolutely necessary and only stick to 2v1s, 3v1s, etc. That is the reason you have multiple roles to fill in such as close, mid and long range and different roles need to position themselves differently and have varied playstyles.

I've stated the exact reasons why the game is not competitive and it has nothing to do with the fact that APB is a team game. It's not flawed game mechanics to be able to perform better with a full team than when soloing, it's how it is supposed to be because it is a team game. You are supposed to play it with friends.

Pretty sure he means "soloqueue", not solo game as a singleplayer. And that's really how you get most fair matches when your team and opposition are soloq'ing.

The system doesn't even try to find you opposition that consist of a group of your size, the logic is not there, it simply tries to find you ANY 4 people...and you end up against soloq players most of the time as that's how most people play. And lets be honest - with the  current population(and future, this game is not going anywhere, more news at 11) this is the most "versatile" way for matchmaking; all those soloq players are like small lego pieces that you can put together anyway you wish.

Cross-district matchmaking might help but not a lot.

Best way to play this game is solo or duo que, that's it. But I can understand people who want to play with friends.

As for the cheaters - nothing has changed. Same people, same clans, going 30-1, others stream and think it's really not noticeable, some get banned then buy new R255 accounts and the shitshow continues.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sayori said:

The system doesn't even try to find you opposition that consist of a group of your size, the logic is not there, it simply tries to find you ANY 4 people

Source?
Ive been trying to learn more about APB's matchmaking so this interests me.

Edited by CookiePuss

On 2/12/2020 at 6:40 PM, blockblack said:

So today in APB I got matched against a Group of n-tech premades (those premade players with mic who dress in black and use all-black cars and NEVER EVER miss a shot) and I lost... Switched server and got matched with another group of these premade players and lost to them 3 times, then switched server again and this time got matched twice against a group of cheating low ranks...

Because of all these losses I became Silver for the first time in a while... And I am feeling so devastated... I lost 7 Matches in a row +no wins today... I managed to get some kills but against these n-tec premades I scored like 3 kills and 11 deaths...

None of my friends were online, And I am not in any clan (because all clans are currently either russian or Toxic)

I know it's just a game but this is... this is just making me feel like a useless devastated noob even though I play APB Since 2016 with 4000+ hours...

Did the same ever happen to you? Can you tell me something that can make me feel at least less devastated? Thanks

+1

A friend list empty.

100% hit of oppo and cross that rest white on my side also with oppo near enough to read the Tshirt logo.

Toxicity whisper on me about using of ..mmm... every weapon in my arsenal.

Ammo box useless. (except that is still a marvellous claymore)

Forum that still pray for have old login intro. (meanwhile other success games use the IDENTICAL format ,Cyber Hunter for example)

Toxic player gold that still use "Silver" as an insult.

P5N5 removed for help the tryhard to be more tryhard and egogentric and absolute immortal (and without need to install cheat! best san valentine gift ever).

Engine Update inexistent.

Any Update inexistent. (Warframe in 10 years evolved in a Space Battleship COOP game, we still hope in something like motorbikes or new map)

I could continue but EAC blocked my Ninjaripper instead of Autoaim of Volgograd Rank9, so i am still busy for study something to do about.

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Source?
Ive been trying to learn more about APB's matchmaking so this interests me.

No official source, just my observation after years. And knowing the sloppy work of RTW/Reloaded, I find it hard to believe someone did it..but also why would they? You are limited to 40 people to match against and that's best case scenario which never happens. Even in solo'q sometimes it may take awhile to get opposition.

But if you know lots of bored people who wanna be labrats you can run tests.  2 4-man groups, 8 soloq players queue at the same time for like 20 times and see what happens. Of course everyone must be at the same threat level.

Or Matt Scott can confirm whether this is right or wrong... or a dev after getting permission from Matt Scott to do so:)

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sayori said:

No official source, just my observation after years. And knowing the sloppy work of RTW/Reloaded, I find it hard to believe someone did it..but also why would they? You are limited to 40 people to match against and that's best case scenario which never happens. Even in solo'q sometimes it may take awhile to get opposition.

But if you know lots of bored people who wanna be labrats you can run tests.  2 4-man groups, 8 soloq players queue at the same time for like 20 times and see what happens. Of course everyone must be at the same threat level.

Or Matt Scott can confirm whether this is right or wrong... or a dev after getting permission from Matt Scott to do so:)

It would be cool to know exactly how mm works.

There's little information made public so yeah, I think we'd need LO to fill us in.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm not going to repeat what's already been said about balance, cheating and stuff (IMO i see cheaters only once in a week, maybe I'm lucky, but whatever), I just wanna discuss one thing being mentioned: Black clothes and Vegas - do people really think it makes so fking special wearing THIS tasteless shit?! Oh, let's not forget about anime pics and chill out styled themes... So disgusting. Seriously, that's one thing is killing me. Uniqueness, pls.

and this is EXACTLY what they feed off of, you need to realize that you're facing exceptionally low life people who get enjoyment of slamming others in the ground via shady practices ((cheats)) and as long as you give them attention, whining on here for example, they would feel absolutely amazing about themselves. We all know who they are, some of them are OLD closet cheats and we all know they're not as good as they portray, and are somehow still not banned.

But if these events manage to get you all down in the dumps and your emotional state revolves around this game, you should seriously consider getting out more, finding a hobby or just find a life purpose in general and work on that, a game should in no way make you feel great about yourself. That's just dumb. I've been playing this game for 10 years now and I know for a fact I'm experienced, since I manage to kill cheaters but lose at the end regardless because they move in packs, the more aimbots on one single person, the better. So cheer up, and find a source of validation/positive feedback outside of this game that rewards you for your tangible efforts. Gl.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nagletz said:

Uniqueness, pls.

Bruh if you want uniqueness, you are playing the wrong game.

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Bruh if you want uniqueness, you are playing the wrong game.

wait wat? The only reason this game still has population is because there isn't anything like it (until gta V at least but even with that that makes it only 2)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

wait wat? The only reason this game still has population is because there isn't anything like it (until gta V at least but even with that that makes it only 2)

$10 says you use Hairstyle #2

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

$10 says you use Hairstyle #2

It is no secret. I have already confirmed that earlier but the thread is about gameplay. 

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

Dont worry about Cookie .

DoesnT know this game very good.

Is still trying to remove a bad tattoo from his character using Clothes Kiosk. 

2 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Is still trying to remove a bad tattoo from his character using Clothes Kiosk.

I'll figure it out one of these days.

12 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Both cannot compare, while APB is alot simpler, in terms of gameplay mechanics, it is exactly this simplicity that gives it the higher grounds in comparison to GTA V 

GTA V movement is far more clunky and clumsier than in APB, and this is normal since the character movement there is supposed to be as close to real life movement as possible, and that's what makes it unreliable and somewhat of a handicap when the player is participating in deathmatches and tight shootouts where being exposed quarter of an inch matters. 

Whereas in APB you have this robotic, perfectly obedient and responsive movement much like in Counter Strike where all the unnecessary "realism" mechanics are taken out of the picture and precision is prioritized. I don't look at GTA V as competitive as APB  in terms of shooting and movement mechanics, although it has a lot more people playing it 

P.S. Let's not forget Saints Row

Edited by ch4ncer
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 4:20 PM, zekter said:

Game was WORSE when it comes down to cheating back in G1 days. I won't change my mind on this one, and it's quite clear if you actually sit down and remember those days.

This so much, i don't get why people think otherwise, while the current game population is extremely low, the quality of matches is much better because you aren't facing entire cheat clans AND tryhards 24/7 back to back. Like, you no longer have to face Snappy Turtles (which still exists but no longer has cheaters, and it WAS a full blown cheat clan) and Random Acts of Violence back to back. Most matches aren't full of tryhards either, which makes gameplay more enjoyable. Sadly pop is low, because without all the cheaters the game is soooo much more enjoyable.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:41 PM, Nagletz said:

Ok, I'm not going to repeat what's already been said about balance, cheating and stuff (IMO i see cheaters only once in a week, maybe I'm lucky, but whatever), I just wanna discuss one thing being mentioned: Black clothes and Vegas - do people really think it makes so fking special wearing THIS tasteless shit?! Oh, let's not forget about anime pics and chill out styled themes... So disgusting. Seriously, that's one thing is killing me. Uniqueness, pls.

I agree, but some people just reaaaally want "realistic looking hoody guy" for some reason. Like, my character looks like a kilted gay cowboy with a fishnet top but w/e.

xD

Some of that may be because a lot of clothes are event or Armas locked. I think if we increased the base pool of clothing you may get more deviation. But who am I kidding, its either black/[insert stripes here]type hoodies, or scantily clothed catladies

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 2/13/2020 at 7:24 PM, Sayori said:

Pretty sure he means "soloqueue", not solo game as a singleplayer. And that's really how you get most fair matches when your team and opposition are soloq'ing.

The system doesn't even try to find you opposition that consist of a group of your size, the logic is not there, it simply tries to find you ANY 4 people...and you end up against soloq players most of the time as that's how most people play. And lets be honest - with the  current population(and future, this game is not going anywhere, more news at 11) this is the most "versatile" way for matchmaking; all those soloq players are like small lego pieces that you can put together anyway you wish.

Cross-district matchmaking might help but not a lot.

Best way to play this game is solo or duo que, that's it. But I can understand people who want to play with friends.

As for the cheaters - nothing has changed. Same people, same clans, going 30-1, others stream and think it's really not noticeable, some get banned then buy new R255 accounts and the shitshow continues.

i love tri cue/4man but the pop makes it hard even in a full district to get opp with a 4 man. 3 man gets good opp and is the most balanced matches aside from 4 man.

8 hours ago, ch4ncer said:

Both cannot compare, while APB is alot simpler, in terms of gameplay mechanics, it is exactly this simplicity that gives it the higher grounds in comparison to GTA V 

GTA V movement is far more clunky and clumsier than in APB, and this is normal since the character movement there is supposed to be as close to real life movement as possible, and that's what makes it unreliable and somewhat of a handicap when the player is participating in deathmatches and tight shootouts where being exposed quarter of an inch matters. 

Whereas in APB you have this robotic, perfectly obedient and responsive movement much like in Counter Strike where all the unnecessary "realism" mechanics are taken out of the picture and precision is prioritized. I don't look at GTA V as competitive as APB  in terms of shooting and movement mechanics, although it has a lot more people playing it 

P.S. Let's not forget Saints Row

I only brought that up because some people says it is not unique because gta exists. But even if they were too similar, there are still not that many alternatives which makes it still a pretty unique game. 

Edited by HawtGirl

yesterday i got triggered by people like that but i call em config changer's ... stil issues can happen to the game and u can have a bad day. if u feel like they arent legit don't care about it. i myself am a silver to gold player.

after a while u know who is legit and who is fishy.

43 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I only brought that up because some people says it is not unique because gta exists. But even if they were too similar, there are still not that many alternatives which makes it still a pretty unique game. 

personaly gta online i find worser than apb reloaded.

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

paradosally ,with only premaded items, cyber hunter is the most common style and gameplay with APB. 

i am in the 10% of strongest population there, so is neither complex to play .

but the icy in cake is the character screen. is identical as old apb login screen, plus HUD comands for UI.

i dont know why we keep the nice crime scene and beach, cause there was nice for 1 month, maybe 2, but was supposed in my imagination to change week by week with some type of lore connection. (i dont know, like see a discussion between Saul and Danko, Teng checking business data with Hea Choi, something similar)

btw yesterday APB had been fun, my 61 fps in bronze district worked without surprise, 1w-2l not bad also with gold oppo.

this game need just restore population to 50 vs 50 , matchmaking also if not perfect will do the rest. (oh, and make gold threat irreversible)

18 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

paradosally ,with only premaded items, cyber hunter is the most common style and gameplay with APB. 

i am in the 10% of strongest population there, so is neither complex to play .

but the icy in cake is the character screen. is identical as old apb login screen, plus HUD comands for UI.

You mean fortnite.