blockblack

I am feeling Devastated...

35 minutes ago, Hey! said:

The good news is, LO has so horribly managed the game it is now infested with exploiters, cheaters and toxics... as a consequence the game is almost dead and sure to be sold and LO's utter incompetence will be gone for good.  Game may die... but if a company actually installs an anticheat which isn't easily bypassed, and puts GMs into the district shadowing the gameplay and district communication... like they did on Nekrova... APB just might come back to life again.  LO listening to known cheaters, has failed harder than a G1 nightmare circling a toilet bowl.

Game was WORSE when it comes down to cheating back in G1 days. I won't change my mind on this one, and it's quite clear if you actually sit down and remember those days.

• Like 1

Just now, zekter said:

Game was WORSE when it comes down to cheating back in G1 days. I won't change my mind on this one, and it's quite clear if you actually sit down and remember those days.

It was always bad... ofc when there was actually a population, there were more shenanigans... but now, LO has done a few devastating things... 1. added the Russians, and 2. added the Brazilians and 3. rely on an utterly ineffective anticheat.  What I well and do remember is under G1 the game had actual fast response to tickets, regular, even weekly Armas sales, GMs who at least tried to be in-game and observe based on player reports, and banned a lot of cheaters.  There was a point where hardcore banning accounts was unproductive and I long advocated temp bans... but as G1's population declined, their funding declined and they stopped paying for Fairfight updates and simply manually banned in the name of Fairfight... prior to that, and had the bans been temporary and faster than Fairfight's entirely too slow algorithm, the game population would have remained stable.  What LO has done to the game has shrunken the population by a magnitude of 10... leaving a game populated by thousands... a game populated by a few mere hundreds... and yes.. the SAME cheaters and exploiters who were mass unbanned... continue with impunity... because the system is so compromised, and the GMs so incapable and so lax... that nothing is done... except the playerbase continues to shrink... down that toilet bowl.

7 minutes ago, Lign said:

That’s the reason why we need to wait for phasing system that will hopefully be released after engine update

The matchmaking may need a rework too.The k/d differences in matches are very big at times. 

Just now, HawtGirl said:

The matchmaking may need a rework too.The k/d differences in matches are very big at times. 

phasing is a matchmaking rework

Just now, Solamente said:

phasing is a matchmaking rework

It will find people of similar skill as far as I understand and will match them together, but the question is, if the way how skill is determined is good enough? 

For example is it more winrate or k/d based etc?

1 minute ago, HawtGirl said:

It will find people of similar skill as far as I understand and will match them together, but the question is, if the way how skill is determined is good enough? 

For example is it more winrate or k/d based etc?

elo rating is based on score

4 hours ago, blockblack said:

So today in APB I got matched against a Group of n-tech premades (those premade players with mic who dress in black and use all-black cars and NEVER EVER miss a shot) and I lost... Switched server and got matched with another group of these premade players and lost to them 3 times, then switched server again and this time got matched twice against a group of cheating low ranks...

Because of all these losses I became Silver for the first time in a while... And I am feeling so devastated... I lost 7 Matches in a row +no wins today... I managed to get some kills but against these n-tec premades I scored like 3 kills and 11 deaths...

None of my friends were online, And I am not in any clan (because all clans are currently either russian or Toxic)

I know it's just a game but this is... this is just making me feel like a useless devastated noob even though I play APB Since 2016 with 4000+ hours...

Did the same ever happen to you? Can you tell me something that can make me feel at least less devastated? Thanks

You can't care about this thing, existing since.. years.

If you love the game stay, if uou don't, well.. leave.

Not difficult.

Yes, it happens to everyone.

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

"n-tec premades"? Is that what silvers call good players nowadays?

Even if you are a top tier player, if you play alone you won't stand a chance against a full group of good players because APB is not a solo game. The strategy is to not expect much from these matches and just do your best, whatever that might mean, knowing full well that your skill isn't the reason for the loss 99% of those times.

Good players using ntec all black style with visual and strange modifications to the style of the game? LOL, classic depressed humans.

I play most of the times alone and i can win, i can loss, i don't care, if is fun no worries for me.

37 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

It will be fixed by itself when everyone gets matched against equal skill 

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

Also I was mostly gold when I stopped playing. So wrong again.

You're silver then. If you dip between silver and gold, your rank in any other game would be upper silver and that's where you belong. I couldn't break into higher Diamonds on League because I belong below it. I reached my skill cap and would have to work tirelessly to improve.

Flaws is right; you don't possess the qualifications to speak about intricate balancing if you don't have the skills to grasp them in the first place. It's people with this mindset that do the most damage. You think you're helping and know what's best, but you don't.

You can't.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

You're silver then. If you dip between silver and gold, your rank in any other game would be upper silver and that's where you belong. I couldn't break into higher Diamonds on League because I belong below it. I reached my skill cap and would have to work tirelessly to improve.

Flaws is right; you don't possess the qualifications to speak about intricate balancing if you don't have the skills to grasp them in the first place. It's people with this mindset that do the most damage. You think you're helping and know what's best, but you don't.

You can't.

Eh. What I can I say? Enjoy your empty servers then.  🤷‍♀️

me with 2-3 other pres on comm: 

come-at-me-913edee599.jpg

me playing solo:

please+don't+hurt+me.JPG

that's just apb:r

Eh. What I can I say? Enjoy your empty servers then.  🤷‍♀️

I'm NA... this means nothing to me. 😉

2 hours ago, Hey! said:

1. added the Russians, and 2. added the Brazilians 

LO didn't add any of them, buddy. The publishers of the game in their countries gave up on APB; G1's the one to blame, they were the ones to create the migration system to begin with. As a BR myself, we don't enjoy playing on "your" servers, all we ever wanted and ever will is having our on server with decent ms. This can also be used for Russians, I belive, but not only for them, as Australians also fall into the equation too. Do you actually think people enjoy having to play with high ms? I don't give a shit about your xenophobia, but at least be accurate on who you're putting the blame on.

2 hours ago, Hey! said:

3. rely on an utterly ineffective anticheat. 

How can EAC be an "utterly ineffective anticheat"? It's used in one of the most successful games in history, it's basically at the same level of BE and only loses to FaceIT Client which is a absolutely invasive AC.  Some other points that you check before saying it's ineffective: P2C providers vanished almost completely since EAC was implemented; R255 cheaters used to almost rage-cheat in FC servers, now from time to time you only see some r40 doing this on EU, which means that some of them ARE getting banned; Fairfight is obsolete, which means that EAC is already superior to it. Also, take in consideration that LO claims to have something else to analyse the gameplay pattern of reported players, so it is something already.

2 hours ago, Hey! said:

What I well and do remember is under G1 the game had actual fast response to tickets, regular, even weekly Armas sales, GMs who at least tried to be in-game and observe based on player reports, and banned a lot of cheaters.  There was a point where hardcore banning accounts was unproductive and I long advocated temp bans... but as G1's population declined, their funding declined and they stopped paying for Fairfight updates and simply manually banned in the name of Fairfight... prior to that, and had the bans been temporary and faster than Fairfight's entirely too slow algorithm, the game population would have remained stable.  What LO has done to the game has shrunken the population by a magnitude of 10... leaving a game populated by thousands... a game populated by a few mere hundreds... and yes.. the SAME cheaters and exploiters who were mass unbanned... continue with impunity... because the system is so compromised, and the GMs so incapable and so lax... that nothing is done... except the playerbase continues to shrink... down that toilet bowl.

Support is working as intended. I just had a problem with my account and the max waiting time I've had was 2 days, which isn't bad for a small team of customer support; There are weekly updates and patch notes, those not having sales sometimes doesn't mean it's bad; Fairfight never worked for this game, and it never will. Fairfight is an obsolete system in general due to the "evolution" of the cheating scene mainly with randomization (let's not get too in-depth on this one, but can check a forum with u and c and do some research on FF); Check steamcharts for the recent numbers pre-LO and post-LO, you'll see that the game have been losing 1k players each year since 2015, so LO isn't making more people leave, they were leaving long time ago; They were unbanned because G1 manually banned alot of them, as you've said.

Edited by zekter
typo and info

You lost me with the subtle insinuation that the players beating you were cheating.

Think like a silver, end up being silver.

Seems legit to me.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, blockblack said:

Did the same ever happen to you? Can you tell me something that can make me feel at least less devastated? Thanks

congratulations you can now relate to how bronzes and silvers feel when golds dethreat. ( slightly different of course )

5 hours ago, Hey! said:

The good news is, LO has so horribly managed the game it is now infested with exploiters, cheaters and toxics..

that @#%% was always here  , it didn't magically appear from Little Orbit.

1 hour ago, zekter said:

LO didn't add any of them, buddy. The publishers of the game in their countries gave up on APB; G1's the one to blame, they were the ones to create the migration system to begin with. As a BR myself, we don't enjoy playing on "your" servers, all we ever wanted and ever will is having our on server with decent ms. This can also be used for Russians, I belive, but not only for them, as Australians also fall into the equation too. Do you actually think people enjoy having to play with high ms? I don't give a shit about your xenophobia, but at least be accurate on who you're putting the blame on.

How can EAC be an "utterly ineffective anticheat"? It's used in one of the most successful games in history, it's basically at the same level of BE and only loses to FaceIT Client which is a absolutely invasive AC.  Some other points that you check before saying it's ineffective: P2C providers vanished almost completely since EAC was implemented; R255 cheaters used to almost rage-cheat in FC servers, now from time to time you only see some r40 doing this on EU, which means that some of them ARE getting banned; Fairfight is obsolete, which means that EAC is already superior to it. Also, take in consideration that LO claims to have something else to analyse the gameplay pattern of reported players, so it is something already.

Support is working as intended. I just had a problem with my account and the max waiting time I've had was 2 days, which isn't bad for a small team of customer support; There are weekly updates and patch notes, those not having sales sometimes doesn't mean it's bad; Fairfight never worked for this game, and it never will. Fairfight is an obsolete system in general due to the "evolution" of the cheating scene mainly with randomization (let's not get too in-depth on this one, but can check a forum with u and c and do some research on FF); Check steamcharts for the recent numbers pre-LO and post-LO, you'll see that the game have been losing 1k players each year since 2015, so LO isn't making more people leave, they were leaving long time ago; They were unbanned because G1 manually banned alot of them, as you've said.

Other than punctuation here and there , I did not see anything wrong with this post.

You have my banana stamp of approval. nom nom away. ( I had a banana with a sticker in front of me shush )

If it only took that much for you to drop to silver it suggests you were hardly gold in the first place.

8 hours ago, Flaws said:

Even if you are a top tier player, if you play alone you won't stand a chance against a full group of good players because APB is not a solo game. The strategy is to not expect much from these matches and just do your best, whatever that might mean, knowing full well that your skill isn't the reason for the loss 99% of those times.

I mean, all the Joker carbine and oscar kiddies went NTEC, so you can't really blame him.

4 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Eh. What I can I say? Enjoy your empty servers then.

No shit.. Thanks to noobs like you who were asking for segregation, that's what i'm enjoying now....

And seeing you talking about skills, while crying in other threads for your bronze instance to be back is just pathetic.

10 hours ago, blockblack said:

It's not being worried, it's just that feeling... I can't explain it...

But you know... that feeling that you get when you are an Old experienced player but still get wrecked and feel like a noob... as if all that time you played was useless...

We all have those days. A lot of factors come in to play, everything from performance issues the day you played, to playing against groups that play together a lot and communicate, and sometimes even cheaters. I sometimes go a week where I feel like I am the best player ever then go days where I can’t catch a break and consistently get spanked. Hang in there

4 hours ago, greenfield said:

No shit.. Thanks to noobs like you who were asking for segregation, that's what i'm enjoying now....

And seeing you talking about skills, while crying in other threads for your bronze instance to be back is just pathetic.

Oh, look. Another one who can't think for more than 10 seconds before talking bull.

This game needs "noobs" if you even want to get any people for a match. Not having segregation and proper matchmaking will kill the playerbase even faster than having everyone in one place with 0 matchmaking. No one wants to play game just to have 1 sided matches all the time.

God. So many stupid people in this forum. 

You people don't deserve to have a playerbase. 

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Hey! said:

but if a company actually installs an anticheat which isn't easily bypassed

Hey gamer what's poppin'

Do you mind letting us know what anti-cheat can be installed that isn't easily bypassed? I'm very curious.

4 minutes ago, rooq said:

Hey gamer what's poppin'

Do you mind letting us know what anti-cheat can be installed that isn't easily bypassed? I'm very curious.

The funny thing is EAC isn't even that easy to bypass but if it is true that there is no file integrity check the game is just open for hackers. 

15 hours ago, Flaws said:

coming from a arrogant player like yourself ofcause you would say this. you're nothing special yourself.. attacking players like this - oh is that what silvers call good players nowadays... typical from a player that has been banned 10 times or more.

The funny thing is EAC isn't even that easy to bypass but if it is true that there is no file integrity check the game is just open for hackers. 

No, it is not wide open for hackers - but file integrity checks or generally locking down certain files (which has been confirmed in engine upgrade) would help with some issues largely unrelated to internal/external cheats.

EAC works pretty decently - so does BattlEye if properly updated and configured, which is harder to do compared to EAC due to the company's structure. Long story.

Here's the reality of anti-cheat:
No anti-cheat is perfect. No anti-cheat can be perfect. As long as sensitive memory is stored on the client, that memory can be extracted or manipulated to create cheats. That is just how data works. It is just more or less difficult to attain the rights to touch this memory while remaining undetected - but it is never impossible no matter what you do. Given time and resources entire anti-cheats can be reverse engineered and emulated seeing as they are just software after all.

The only approach you can take to solve this problem is by moving the sensitive memory to the server side. This is why you do not see cheaters in games like Starcraft, League of Legends or Dota. At least meaningful ones. Because of the fog of war mechanic the server will only transmit data that the player should be able to see. The nature of the genre itself prevents cheats from being useful, and and the simplicity of those games makes it easy to move things to the server side, away from the attacker's control.

A good example of this is how cheaters in APB are incapable of manipulating things like car handling or car speed, because the physics simulation for vehicles is handled on the server side. You could technically do the same with player aim and movement and achieve utopia, but sadly the data transmission required would be out of this world and would not work for shooters at all. Our genre simply does not allow for it.

It is an endless battle that can not be won - you can only do your best. I could go into the implementation details that explains why you see such a small quantity of cheaters right now, but somehow I don't think forum moderators would allow me to. For reference,Valve decided to mostly give up in implementing client-side anti-cheat, among other things they do the most basic of scanning based on detected cheats and leave it at that. They moved their efforts onto detecting cheaters based on machine learning using VACNet, there's a good summary of that talk here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnRgW54EWwA

I've said it before but I'll repeat it again: Right now historically speaking is the lowest amount of cheaters that I have ever witnessed in this game's history. You see occasional appearances but those people are swiftly removed. The other cheaters that people are seeing are a product of paranoia, an incredibly high skill ceiling and bloated egos. People just can not accept that people can be better than themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Using silver as an insult only makes people hate u and divide the community even more

Also the creator of the post is saying basically that his op was cheating

Is so hard to be nice to each others? 

• Like 3