blockblack

I am feeling Devastated...

So today in APB I got matched against a Group of n-tech premades (those premade players with mic who dress in black and use all-black cars and NEVER EVER miss a shot) and I lost... Switched server and got matched with another group of these premade players and lost to them 3 times, then switched server again and this time got matched twice against a group of cheating low ranks...

Because of all these losses I became Silver for the first time in a while... And I am feeling so devastated... I lost 7 Matches in a row +no wins today... I managed to get some kills but against these n-tec premades I scored like 3 kills and 11 deaths...

None of my friends were online, And I am not in any clan (because all clans are currently either russian or Toxic)

I know it's just a game but this is... this is just making me feel like a useless devastated noob even though I play APB Since 2016 with 4000+ hours...

Did the same ever happen to you? Can you tell me something that can make me feel at least less devastated? Thanks

Edited by blockblack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

just don't worry about it

big brain moves

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

just don't worry about it

big brain moves

It's not being worried, it's just that feeling... I can't explain it...

But you know... that feeling that you get when you are an Old experienced player but still get wrecked and feel like a noob... as if all that time you played was useless...

That seems like a normal day in APB.

Good thing the thread segregation is back so I have only to deal with the dethreaters instead of all the cheaters on the server. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, blockblack said:

that feeling that you get when you are an Old experienced player but still get wrecked and feel like a noob... as if all that time you played was useless...

Story of my life dude.  Every day in this game for me.

"n-tec premades"? Is that what silvers call good players nowadays?

Even if you are a top tier player, if you play alone you won't stand a chance against a full group of good players because APB is not a solo game. The strategy is to not expect much from these matches and just do your best, whatever that might mean, knowing full well that your skill isn't the reason for the loss 99% of those times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Even if you are a top tier player, if you play alone you won't stand a chance against a full group of good players because APB is not a solo game.

It is a solo game. The way how the game handles groups is poorly designed.

For someone who is complaining all the time about how this game not being competitive and fair enough, you are surely jumping very fast to defend flawed game mechanics by saying "just play with friends 4head".

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

It is a solo game. The way how the game handles groups is poorly designed.

For someone who is complaining all the time about how this game not being competitive and fair enough, you are surely jumping very fast to defend flawed game mechanics by just calling it "just play with friends durrr".

Here we go again....

APB is the furthest you can be from a solo game, the entire premise of the game is to play as a team. For example the fact that players only have one hitbox, hints that taking down multiple targets is much more difficult than it is in games such as CS:GO or R6S where one good aimer can take down entire teams over and over (headshots). In APB that's a lot more unlikely due to the fact that you still need to hit multiple shots on each of those players while they are most likely also targeting you at the same time. That is also one of the reasons top teams never take 1v1 engagements unless absolutely necessary and only stick to 2v1s, 3v1s, etc. That is the reason you have multiple roles to fill in such as close, mid and long range and different roles need to position themselves differently and have varied playstyles.

I've stated the exact reasons why the game is not competitive and it has nothing to do with the fact that APB is a team game. It's not flawed game mechanics to be able to perform better with a full team than when soloing, it's how it is supposed to be because it is a team game. You are supposed to play it with friends.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Flaws said:

"n-tec premades"? Is that what silvers call good players nowadays?

Even if you are a top tier player, if you play alone you won't stand a chance against a full group of good players because APB is not a solo game. The strategy is to not expect much from these matches and just do your best, whatever that might mean, knowing full well that your skill isn't the reason for the loss 99% of those times.

I am not a silver, well... I actually am right now Temporarly till that bad luck streak goes away, Anyway, This is not how I call a good player, I call a good player a "Pro"... And these n-tec permades never miss a shot which is totally impossible to achieve... So that's a new type of players I guess? the god-like players?

The following rant can be negated by stating that APB is not a solo game. That would be a most valid argument if that was the case, but I'm not focusing on it now.

I know how you feel. I kept jumping back and forth between gold and silver for some 30 consecutive missions before I finally decided to stop playing the game. I was gold since 2016, as I used to join nothing but open conflict, fight club or social.

Success for me was totally random in this game. Every now and then I would go on a five kill streak in abington with a regular oca, and sometimes not be able to kill a single hostile in close quarters, no matter how I tried. The bullets would just pass everywhere around him. This was especially annoying when I managed to sneak up to them on a mission, with my decent knowledge of the map, but die anyways due to not scoring enough hits. You could say this is due to panic or something, but keeping the sights right on the center of mass, well within the effective range of the weapon, should do the trick. My ping was good and fps almost smooth 60.

A funny thing was how I was almost always granted gold threat after just tagging along a really good team. Even though doing more kills and objectives alone in a lost match turned me silver. This is of course due to the winning team receiving a well earned score multiplier, but still. It felt unfair to have your constantly visible social status switch without having much to say about it.

The general inconsistency lead to feeling devastated at times. Not knowing if you're a decent player or complete garbage.

What I could blame for randomness faced by solo players are (in addition to my own drawbacks) slow times to kill (preventing a single player from taking out more than one enemies face to face) and fast health regeneration (making taking out a camper (*cough* an entrenched defender) often impossible without a teammate).

How could this be fixed?

A) Hide threat, or allow a player to hide his. This way one wouldn't need to be embarrassed for failing a mission or two. Queing for a mission wouldn't feel as awful if you know you won't get ridiculed if you lost.

B) Make guns more deadly, and therefore allow a sneaky lone wolf to be more effective. This would sure make macros less useful too, as the focus would move from damage farming to getting the first shot off. Sure this would be too radical to most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Flaws said:

That is also one of the reasons top teams never take 1v1 engagements unless absolutely necessary and only stick to 2v1s, 3v1s, etc.

That is just poor game design. I can 1vs2 and 1vs3 in other games. That is what skill is about - showing that you can carry without relying on others. 

Here you are handicapped by how much your team will cooperate and you will mostly die because getting outnumbered and not the lack of skill.  

Also playing solo is not restricted so saying that the game shouldn't be played solo is just stupid (it is also a very good way to kill a game by having it restricted only to groups. All the games that have tried it, added solo options shortly after).

• Like 1

You shouldnt really feel this way , you faced groups and you were solo , they had team work and you didnt ,

and the threat level doesnt always define your skill level ~

• Like 2

Don't worry too much about it. The general skill level of players has shifted quite a bit in both directions in the past couple of years due to the lowering population so it will feel like its harder to avoid the higher skill players since alot of these players stick around. All you can do is do your best and have fun and focus on the missions where you're versing players of around the skill level as you.

I too am very average at this game and have been stuck in mid-gold since 2012. I'm surprised i've kept this threat level this long but feel like i am going to drop some time soon for first time since 2012 I think cause of how player skill has shifted with population.

Well, look at the brightside, at least you didn't dethreat to silver on purpose. You know you're gold, that's why you queue on Silver servers; you know that you can play fairly well if not soloing against premades. I mean, the thing most APB "play-4-fun" players will eventually do is dethreat to silver on purpose, this way they can keep a fake ego stomping actual new/bad players. You didn't do that, you kept playing even though you were losing and that's what makes you different from the rest.

I don't wanna go full motivational coach type shit though, you still did only 3/11 on those matches so you must be doing something wrong. Leave the "better than me = cheating" mentality for those who are either really bad or "too good" to the point where they can see if someone is cheating. Also, don't focus on your hours, man. Mastering something is a damn long process. When it comes to apb it is even worse since, currently, I can't recall any game with such specific mechanics.

Still, that's fixable. Unlike the delusional ones who run away to Bronze servers, those will never learn the game even when they hit 10k hours. Another thing that might be a little too obvious, but I'll say it anyway: stop caring about winning/losing or being silver/gold, this will help you with the "devastated" feeling. Just don't let this stop you from grinding. 🙂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

That is just poor game design. I can 1vs2 and 1vs3 in other games. That is what skill is about - showing that you can carry without relying on others. 

Here you are handicapped by how much your team will cooperate and you will mostly die because getting outnumbered and not the lack of skill.  

Also playing solo is not restricted so saying that the game shouldn't be played solo is just stupid (it is also a very good way to kill a game by having it restricted only to groups. All the games that have tried it, added solo options shortly after).

I’m not sure what games you’re playing but you’re 255R silver if you’re using the same name in game, so I doubt that you have a good skill in other games. My friends from csgo who was global elite got their gold in the first day of trying the game against 255r silver groups running with osmaw/detonators etc. in the bronze district. On the last stage of the first mission they had already figured out that to beat this type of players they have to use different set up, one cqc and one long range and play by assist otherwise they will get farmed by osmaw with car surfers and detonators.

If they figured out that fast that they can’t casually play 1v2/1v3 in that game then I’m pretty sure the game is team based

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lign said:

I’m not sure what games you’re playing but you’re 255R silver if you’re using the same name in game, so I doubt that you have a good skill in other games. My friends from csgo who was global elite got their gold in the first day of trying the game against 255r silver groups running with osmaw/detonators etc. in the bronze district. 

Cool story bro. 

In some other game I may believe you but APB plays nothing like other FPS games. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Cool story bro. 

In some other game I may believe you but APB plays nothing like other FPS games. 

That situation made my friends learning the game in the right direction.

Btw, if I remember correctly, I’ve seen your name in asylum citadel, 255r silver running with true ogre and always eating my nades without reading when I’m going to nade you. Don’t think that you’re good in other shooters if you can’t read obvious decisions of your opponents

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lign said:

That situation made my friends learning the game in the right direction.

Even if he really got it in one day, he probably got lucky to get into situations where mechanical aim had more impact than game knowledge. + you said he was fighting silvers. I get matched vs golds on daily basis. 

5 minutes ago, Lign said:

Btw, if I remember correctly, I’ve seen your name in asylum citadel, 255r silver running with true ogre and always eating my nades without reading when I’m going to nade you. Don’t think that you’re good in other shooters if you can’t read obvious decisions of your opponents

I don't even have ogre.

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

I could go on and on about how you understand nothing about the topics you talk about the most on these forums but knowing you at this point, it's a complete and utter waste of time and energy. You don't understand APB enough to even hold gold which is very easy (that alone already speaks volumes, believe it or not). You keep making completely (objectively) wrong statements about APB and other shooter games and other good players who reply to you confirm it over and over and over. But alas here we still are. 

The ones who know the littlest are the loudest. That goes for everything.

• Like 2

Even if he really got it in one day, he probably got lucky to get into situations where mechanical aim had more impact than game knowledge. + you said he was fighting silvers. I get matched vs golds on daily basis

Yes, it’s true that aim is a big part of apb but if you look at some streams you will see that top tier players started relying more on utilities than on their aim. The obvious utility is a car gameplay that is very op. Some players don’t even fight, they just driving cars with blowtorch and try to kill you when you’re in the bad situation. They won’t leave the car in bad situations just to play for aim.

I don't even have ogre.

I might be wrong then.

Edited by Lign

3 hours ago, blockblack said:

Can you tell me something that can make me feel at least less devastated? Thanks

The good news is, LO has so horribly managed the game it is now infested with exploiters, cheaters and toxics... as a consequence the game is almost dead and sure to be sold and LO's utter incompetence will be gone for good.  Game may die... but if a company actually installs an anticheat which isn't easily bypassed, and puts GMs into the district shadowing the gameplay and district communication... like they did on Nekrova... APB just might come back to life again.  LO listening to known cheaters, has failed harder than a G1 nightmare circling a toilet bowl.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Flaws said:

I could go on and on about how you understand nothing about the topics you talk about the most on these forums but knowing you at this point, it's a complete and utter waste of time and energy. You don't understand APB enough to even hold gold which is very easy (that alone already speaks volumes, believe it or not). You keep making completely (objectively) wrong statements about APB and other shooter games and other good players who reply to you confirm it over and over and over. But alas here we still are. 

I think having more than 3000h is enough to know the basics. Also I was mostly gold when I stopped playing. So wrong again. 

9 minutes ago, Flaws said:

The ones who know the littlest are the loudest. That goes for everything.

Do you have a mirror?

• Like 1

I think having more than 3000h is enough to know the basics. Also I was mostly gold when I stopped playing. So wrong again. 

Do you have a mirror?

Tbh, gold doesn’t mean anything in this game because how easily you can get it. But if you can’t hold it then you’re not even close to the average skill ceiling of the game

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lign said:

Tbh, gold doesn’t mean anything in this game because how easily you can get it. But if you can’t hold it then you’re not even close to the average skill ceiling of the game

Well excuuuuse me for not being the best player in a game that has only OBT veterans left in it.

That doesn't make my point less valid unless you want the game to lose more players. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Well excuuuuse me for not being the best player in a game that has only OBT veterans left in it.

That doesn't make my point less valid unless you want the game to lose more players. 

That’s the reason why we need to wait for phasing system that will hopefully be released after engine update