(PS4)grunge76

February 2020.....

February 2020 is almost halfway over now, and the PS4 version is still garbage with no offical update release in sight.....  why not PIN your topic about all work on the new engine and such ON YOUR HOME PAGE SO IT'S THE FIRST THING WE SEE WHEN WE LOG IN?  It's bad enough as it is, you think game cons are more important than fixing a game for your fans.

Edited by (PS4)grunge76

Chill.  Pay attention to the Tracking the Engine Upgrade thread.  The Engine Upgrade is still their top priority, and by working on the upgrade they're improving your version too.  I don't know where you get the idea that they think cons are more important.  You'll get your day/night cycle and music studio soon enough, just be patient.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

19 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Chill.  Pay attention to the Tracking the Engine Upgrade thread.  The Engine Upgrade is still their top priority, and by working on the upgrade they're improving your version too.  I don't know where you get the idea that they think cons are more important.  You'll get your day/night cycle and music studio soon enough, just be patient.

Where is the thread?  I don't have countless hours to look for it.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

Next time try to be at least more gentle.

You just needed to spend 5/10 minutes into the forums. 
It stays into Social District (General Discussion) Sub-section of APB Forums.

Edited by AlishaAzure

29 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Besides, to chill is ridiculous when the game has been a thing on PC for an eternity and on PS4 since 2017.  Yes I know LO has only own the game for almost 2 years now but this is just stupid.....  they've put game cons ahead of fixing this when this has been a game for so long.  They're amateurs and as amateurs, they should do the right the first before anything else first.

1 hour ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

It's a pinned thread.  It takes seconds to find if you go to the Social category.  Don't be lazy.

Besides, to chill is ridiculous when the game has been a thing on PC for an eternity and on PS4 since 2017.  Yes I know LO has only own the game for almost 2 years now but this is just stupid.....  they've put game cons ahead of fixing this when this has been a game for so long.  They're amateurs and as amateurs, they should do the right the first before anything else first.

No, seriously.  Chill.  APB is a game, it's not worth getting this worked up over.  Also I ask again, where the hell does this come from:

they've put game cons ahead of fixing this when this has been a game for so long.

I could be wrong but it seems like Matt is the one who attends the cons and as far as I know he's the CEO, not one of the coders for the engine upgrade.

You wanna talk about stupid? Lets just demand that they release what they have before it's ready and ignore what it might fuck up.  But once it does fuck something up we'll be right back here to complain about it right?  Then it'll be LO's fault right?  Even if they were to try that Microsoft and Sony wouldn't let the update through so you would still be in the same boat you're in now.

Besides, to chill is ridiculous when the game has been a thing on PC for an eternity and on PS4 since 2017.

Which means it's even more important to get the PC version to the same point as the console version asap.  You have had the engine upgrade since 2017, we were originally supposed to have it in 2014.  It's best to get the PC version consolidated with the console version so they won't have to keep wasting their time making two different updates for each version, so as of right now the PC engine upgrade takes priority.  Don't think I don't care about the future of the game, APB has been big part of my life for almost a decade.  At least try to understand what they are doing is NOT an easy task.  If you give that engine upgrade thread a quick looksie you'll see that random unexpected performance drops and bottlenecks keep showing up which they then have to identify, find the cause of, and fix each time.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

On 2/12/2020 at 12:59 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

It's a pinned thread.  It takes seconds to find if you go to the Social category.  Don't be lazy.

No, seriously.  Chill.  APB is a game, it's not worth getting this worked up over.  Also I ask again, where the hell does this come from:

I could be wrong but it seems like Matt is the one who attends the cons and as far as I know he's the CEO, not one of the coders for the engine upgrade.

You wanna talk about stupid? Lets just demand that they release what they have before it's ready and ignore what it might fuck up.  But once it does fuck something up we'll be right back here to complain about it right?  Then it'll be LO's fault right?  Even if they were to try that Microsoft and Sony wouldn't let the update through so you would still be in the same boat you're in now.

Which means it's even more important to get the PC version to the same point as the console version asap.  You have had the engine upgrade since 2017, we were originally supposed to have it in 2014.  It's best to get the PC version consolidated with the console version so they won't have to keep wasting their time making two different updates for each version, so as of right now the PC engine upgrade takes priority.  Don't think I don't care about the future of the game, APB has been big part of my life for almost a decade.  At least try to understand what they are doing is NOT an easy task.  If you give that engine upgrade thread a quick looksie you'll see that random unexpected performance drops and bottlenecks keep showing up which they then have to identify, find the cause of, and fix each time.

We PS4 players have not had the engine update yet jackass!  The game was released on PS4 in 2017 by Gamers First, who had zero plans for a new engine.  It was bought in 2018, by Little Orbit who are the ones who planned a new engine and update. They claim they're working on everything but they're coming to their second year of owning the game and well, they haven't released anything to us!  They haven't finished working on everything so no update release for anyone.

Edited by (PS4)grunge76

3 minutes ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

We PS4 players have not had the engine update yet jackass!  They haven't released anything to us!  They haven't finished working on everything so no update release for anyone.

Consoles are already using the newer engine, but still need a lot of updates that LO is working on. You had the newer engine since console came out ...

6 minutes ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

The game was released on PS4 in 2017 by Gamers First, who had zero plans for a new engine.  It was bought in 2018, by Little Orbit who are the ones who planned a new engine and update.

G1 announced the engine update in 2013 but never delivered on it, other than the consoles which are in an abysmal state as they are.

Once they can get the console versions patched it should improve for you guys as well, but the core engine of console is already the newer one

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

Consoles are already using the newer engine, but still need a lot of updates that LO is working on. You had the newer engine since console came out ...

Wrong, the new engine was planned by Little Orbit when they bought APB in 2018, from Gamers First.  Gamers First did not release APB for PS4 on a new engine. Furthermore, Gamers First had zero plans to use a new engine.  It was Little Orbit who decided APB needed a new engine when they made the purchase.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE COMING HERE TO COMMENT!!!!!

5 minutes ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

Wrong, the new engine was planned by Little Orbit when they bought APB in 2018, from Gamers First.  Gamers First did not release APB for PS4 on a new engine. Furthermore, Gamers First had zero plans to use a new engine.  It was Little Orbit who decided APB needed a new engine when they made the purchase.

Let me present you this post from October 2013 back when Reloaded Productions (aka GamersFirst, to many people) had the game.

https://apbreloaded.blogspot.com/2013/10/colliding-with-gta-v-train-and-getting.html

Please do have a read through that and then get back to me 🙂

You should seriously take your own advice, and relax a little while you're at it.

As @Kevkof said it was first announced years and years ago (2013) and then set to release in 2014 (hence the famous "Q1 2014" joke we see quite a bit around here). Tho sadly to this day it still hasn't happened, but console versions are based on the engine upgrade, they were just rushed which is why they perform so bad.

2 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

We PS4 players have not had the engine update yet jackass!  The game was released on PS4 in 2017 by Gamers First, who had zero plans for a new engine.  It was bought in 2018, by Little Orbit who are the ones who planned a new engine and update. They claim they're working on everything but they're coming to their second year of owning the game and well, they haven't released anything to us!  They haven't finished working on everything so no update release for anyone.

2 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Let me present you this post from October 2013 back when Reloaded Productions (aka GamersFirst, to many people) had the game.

https://apbreloaded.blogspot.com/2013/10/colliding-with-gta-v-train-and-getting.html

Yeah sure, I'm the jackass.  G1 threw together the shitty engine upgrade you're running right now.  LO is fixing G1's engine upgrade.  Ever notice how different the game looks on consoles compared to PC?  The old engine doesn't even have god rays, yet the version you're running has them, upgraded textures, a completely different color palette, and the old engine didn't even have controller support.  Why do you think they always refer to what they're working on as the PC engine upgrade?  It's because consoles already have it!

Here's a comparison:

2 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

I can't even handle this level of irony right now.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 6:02 PM, (PS4)grunge76 said:

On 2/21/2020 at 6:09 PM, Kevkof said:

Please do have a read through that and then get back to me 🙂

https://www.polygon.com/2013/10/18/4852838/apb-reloaded-receiving-massive-engine-upgrade-in-2014

When newer computer actually run the game worse than older computer because APB is so old, there is inherently problem.

PC users have been waiting for fixes longer than consoles had APB... Over half a decade!

Wait in line.