Dasimoge

[Discuss] Remove or change the ability to join lower threat Districts?

Which option do you take?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Choice [Only one] | Read the options befor you choice

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3

Personally feel like option 2 is the best, wanna play with your lower threath friends either they join you on gold or you play open conflict. I honestly think that people who'd complain about threath locked districts forgot about Open Conflict.

I only think option 2 will be a good solution for short term, I'd like to see a complete rework of the threath system over time.

36 minutes ago, Gizzly said:

Personally feel like option 2 is the best, wanna play with your lower threath friends either they join you on gold or you play open conflict. I honestly think that people who'd complain about threath locked districts forgot about Open Conflict.

I only think option 2 will be a good solution for short term, I'd like to see a complete rework of the threath system over time.

Option 2 has been tried once as i read it correctly and killed almost the game.

9 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I would remove threat separated districts completely. It would demotivate people from dethreating to access lower ranked districts

Just make it so:

gold = 3 points, silver = 2 points, bronze/green/T = 1 point. Both teams need to have same points with tolerance +-2 points to get into match.

So if one team is made of 2golds and 2 silvers =  10 points

the opp team will be made of 10 bronzes, or 6 silvers, or 1 gold and 2 silvers and 3 bronzes. ..you got the idea.

If one team has more points than another, they are able to call backup.

Max point limit per team is 12, so if you are 10p vs 12p, you will have to wait for bronzes or silvers to join as backup.

And no, it does not work like that yet. I often see 1 gold and 1 silver vs 2 golds and they are not able to call backup.

im just going to use your suggestion to say this: any system we implement should also take in consideration premade teams.

i just lost a couple of games, not necesarily because the oposition was better than us, but because they were pre-made, communicated teams, working as teams, while we were a team of randoms with no comms, no teamwork, no synergy. at some point, premade teams do a real difference.

8 hours ago, Nite said:

Is there even any other game that prevents you joining certain lobbies based on your MMR anyway? Seems like the time for this has passed to me.

How about option 5 - any threat can join any district, rework the tutorial so new players can actually understand the game mechanics, make all weapon icons the same color so newbies don't assume gold gun icon = special premium calibre gear.

are you suggestion to improve the tutorial and then let the matchmaking treat us all as equals?

43 minutes ago, Gizzly said:

read the whole thread please, we've already discussed how it was attempted and it almost killed the game.

24.jpg

dont hate me for this post just after my last one. i just re-read the thread and decided i wanted to answer to a couple more posts. really, im not doing it for the postcount 😧

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

2 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

are you suggestion to improve the tutorial and then let the matchmaking treat us all as equals?

😧

A better tutorial that properly prepares new entrants for the gameplay yes. Half the newbies I see floundering around in bronze district are already half-confused about how things work in APB even before they get tossed into a mission and gunned down by some dude who they -think- is wallet-warring (when no such thing exists here) just because his scoreboard weapon icon is a special color.

Matchmaking should still take threat level into account (and we need way more threat levels too IMO), but there's no reason to bar players from being in certain map instances because of it. Let the mission match-ups deal with that.

I'm still one for the option of removing threats and just pitting everyone against everyone like the original game, it solves every problem down the board. The matchmaking system also takes more than just your threat into account, your gun, gun mods, how many stars you have, rank, and character mods are taken into account as well, which is obvious when you're in a semi empty district, and change your loadout and stuff while waiting for opposition.

Edit: I should also point out that I believe the old system with Wins/Losses determining your threat was much better and made it much harder to gain and lose threat levels, the worst thing they ever did was make threat score based on the requests of elitist players that disliked having to use teamwork to gain gold.

Edited by CrunkGirl
Adding wordy words.

They just need to fine tune and rework the scoring, matchmaking and threat system.  Does that sound hard?  It's not.  Go back to the original RTW system it wasn't perfect but compared to how it's degenerated it will seem like a miracle improvement... and they shouldn't need a rocket scientist to reinvent what already existed before G1 fubared what wasn't broken to create the most broken game ever.

1 hour ago, CrunkGirl said:

I'm still one for the option of removing threats and just pitting everyone against everyone like the original game, it solves every problem down the board. The matchmaking system also takes more than just your threat into account, your gun, gun mods, how many stars you have, rank, and character mods are taken into account as well, which is obvious when you're in a semi empty district, and change your loadout and stuff while waiting for opposition.

Edit: I should also point out that I believe the old system with Wins/Losses determining your threat was much better and made it much harder to gain and lose threat levels, the worst thing they ever did was make threat score based on the requests of elitist players that disliked having to use teamwork to gain gold.

Wins and losses would still be easy to dethreat, you sinply just throw the match like ppl r doing now. It needs to include KDR somehow as when you get to a couple thousand hrs of playtime ur KDR will barely move if at all hence crippling any ability to dethreat for vets.

It doesn't matter, this game is going to turn into a BR game after the engine is updated anyways.

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Lislya said:

[Removed]Option 3: Change the abiility to join lower threat districts only for GOLDS

2bxswf.jpg

Edited by PoshDoll

2 hours ago, Nite said:

A better tutorial that properly prepares new entrants for the gameplay yes. Half the newbies I see floundering around in bronze district are already half-confused about how things work in APB even before they get tossed into a mission and gunned down by some dude who they -think- is wallet-warring (when no such thing exists here) just because his scoreboard weapon icon is a special color.

Matchmaking should still take threat level into account (and we need way more threat levels too IMO), but there's no reason to bar players from being in certain map instances because of it. Let the mission match-ups deal with that.

ah, yes. for one second i thought you meant "lets kill the matchmaking system and replace it with a good tutorial". i was going to suggest to play "welcome to the jungle" at the end of that tutorial

12 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

It doesn't matter, this game is going to turn into a BR game after the engine is updated anyways.

some jericho players thinks this has been a BR game since hoplon's server's demise.

PLEASE tell me you got that joke

3B1D983C00000578-4007604-image-a-30_1481

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

9 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

some jericho players thinks this has been a BR game since hoplon's server's demise.

PLEASE tell me you got that joke

BXje.gif

40 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Wins and losses would still be easy to dethreat, you sinply just throw the match like ppl r doing now. It needs to include KDR somehow as when you get to a couple thousand hrs of playtime ur KDR will barely move if at all hence crippling any ability to dethreat for vets.

wouldnt it make it super hard for anyone to threat up as well tho? which would lead to similar situations where skilled players are stomping less skilled players - the skill levels would just be shifted down from gold on silver to high silver on low silver

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

wouldnt it make it super hard for anyone to threat up as well tho? which would lead to similar situations where skilled players are stomping less skilled players - the skill levels would just be shifted down from gold on silver to high silver on low silver

as a low silver, i would argue this is also a thing that exists

4 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i wonder if unaware is aware of this little messenge over here :3

Went ahead and voted for 4. A clear pave and decimation is the best approach.

Also...

HD99Ywp.jpg

Edited by UnawarePolarBear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

Well if u reach gold is there anywhere else to really go thats higher? lol

7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Well if u reach gold is there anywhere else to really go thats higher? lol

yes? 

theres like 10 levels of gold threat lol

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

yes? 

theres like 10 levels of gold threat lol

In the current system. A rework might not have that

12 hours ago, indi said:

Remove the "threat" tiers, implement hidden MMR. Let the remaining player base have at it and play with each other as efficiently as possible. On NA you're forced to sit in social, sometimes for 10+ minutes, spamming the only "silver" district available while there are two other "bronze" districts open. The way the system works right now is it punishes those who don't dethreat, while it rewards those who do dethreat with an easier time with both joining districts and farming newer players.

There shouldn't be four different threat levels locked to their own districts for a server that hovers around 500-700~ people.

Was gonna post pretty much this. Take a like. 

One quick temporary fix would be to reinstate the penalty for joining the district threat below your own. This was removed a few years back for reasons i can't remember.

I believe that the penalty for joining silver districts as a gold was 25% less money and experience gained. Which is not a huge amount. But it might push some golds back to gold districts.

51 minutes ago, Anderzzon said:

This was removed a few years back for reasons i can't remember.

Because Gold districts were still entirely dead. People would rather join a full lower district then wait 45 minutes for the game to oppose you to the 5 other players in the gold district.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

In the current system. A rework might not have that

any matchmaking system that only uses 3 levels of "skill" tiers would be so inaccurate that it would nearly be like not having a matchmaking system at all lmao

16 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

IF i recall correctly, last time they did option 2 or 3, they almost killed the game, the dethreaters instead of playing in gold district, just left, and we dont have a healthy enough population to just afford losing them.

i do recall that they did option 2 at some point.

so option 0: rework the matchmaking / threat system.

bonus point: they do have to rework the threat system at least. there are lots of low golds saying "im no gold" - thats because the skill gap between a low gold and a high gold is the same skillgap between a 1st day bronze and that low gold, with a NHVR and a yukon. so, they are "too good to be a silver, too bad for be a gold" thus they end up joining silver districts / dethreating (not all low golds).

i would like to call an APB historian to corroborate  tho-

I don't even dethreat, I literally just fluctuate back and forth between silver and gold every few missions.

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

any matchmaking system that only uses 3 levels of "skill" tiers would be so inaccurate that it would nearly be like not having a matchmaking system at all lmao

Right now APB has a 5 tier system, it doesnt work so well and with the pop theres too much splitting up. APB really only needs 4 (remove green) and for the system to be fixed. Then if the pop gets high enough it can be expanded

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Right now APB has a 5 tier system, it doesnt work so well and with the pop theres too much splitting up. APB really only needs 4 (remove green) and for the system to be fixed. Then if the pop gets high enough it can be expanded

where did 5 even come from lol, even visually theres only 4 threats

with each color visually representing 10 different skill levels iirc, thats 40 different skill levels

the disparity between a gold 9 and a gold 2 is therefore addressed within this system (within the limits of 40v40 matchmaking ofc), your proposed 4 level system is a drastically simplified version that would end up with terrible matchmaking in practice, albeit all the pretty colors would likely match up

13 hours ago, indi said:

Remove the "threat" tiers, implement hidden MMR. Let the remaining player base have at it and play with each other as efficiently as possible. On NA you're forced to sit in social, sometimes for 10+ minutes, spamming the only "silver" district available while there are two other "bronze" districts open. The way the system works right now is it punishes those who don't dethreat, while it rewards those who do dethreat with an easier time with both joining districts and farming newer players.

There shouldn't be four different threat levels locked to their own districts for a server that hovers around 500-700~ people.

This is the only real solution. It is the only suggestion that will actually work. MMR should be server side, we should not be aware of it. If you can't see it, you can't easily manipulate it.

In addition to this, add a phasing system to the game so that matchmaking works across all available districts, and just phases the matched players into the same instance.

Edited by -Rachel-