Dasimoge

[Discuss] Remove or change the ability to join lower threat Districts?

Which option do you take?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Choice [Only one] | Read the options befor you choice

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3

So i realized, that kinda many Silvers are complaining about, that to many Goldies joining the Silver Districts.

Like i seriously understand you guys, but the main problem why acutal some "Gold" players started to play on the Silver districts in the past is,

that they hoped to face silvers to farm them instead of getting hardcore/good Goldies.

But what's about the good Goldies, why they don't join the Gold Districts atm? An simple answer, they are forced to join the Silver districts because the Gold ones are just empty.

Gold Districts are giving more EXP/Ingame Cash or not? Yes, though i would appreciate it, if the one person who made the % [How much you get] tabel, could post it here.

So, they are 3 options from my side.

Option 1: Everything gotta stay as it is (Simple one).

Option 2: Removing the ability to join lower threat districts complettly.

Option 3: Rework the matchmaking / threat system. | By TheOppositePolarBear

[Removed]Option 3: Change the abiility to join lower threat districts only for GOLDS

All options colliding with the dethreater problem and the "Threats are to easy to get" one.

Of course there have to be many changes befor this may works.

!!This thread is for the future!!

Legend: Info | Question | Players Option

Edited by Lislya
Removed an poll
  • Like 1

there is gonna be a huge problem if they do the option 2 and 3, just look how much de-rankers are already in the agme

1 minute ago, gdfgdfgfdgfd said:

there is gonna be a huge problem if they do the option 2 and 3, just look how much de-rankers are already in the agme

Obviously yes, there gonna be huge problems.. but as i said, there have to be many changes befor this may works.

1 minute ago, Lislya said:

Obviously yes, there gonna be huge problems.. but as i said, there have to be many changes befor this may works.

yup that's right...in 2011-2012 before the districts threads change the gold districts was full and nobody didn't tried to de-threat only if they wanted to farm in bronze district with criminal

This sounds like a great way to make people dethreat even more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gdfgdfgfdgfd said:

yup that's right...in 2011-2012 before the districts threads change the gold districts was full and nobody didn't tried to de-threat only if they wanted to farm in bronze district with criminal

Exactly! But you see, over the years it was like a Domino effect.

First the one does it, then a group, then more groups, then a whole clan etc..

• Like 1

Exactly! But you see, over the years it was like a Domino effect.

First the one does it, then a group, then more groups, then a whole clan etc..

can't agree more

all those options kinda dont line up with what majority have in mind. the threat system needs an overhaul badly along with matchmaking. so it properly matches those with the appropriate skill.

and the threat districts need to GTFO. instead replacing it with much like open conflict. but bronze and greens will have their own private districts so they can learn and adjust accordingly to the games somewhat demanding learning curve.

IF i recall correctly, last time they did option 2 or 3, they almost killed the game, the dethreaters instead of playing in gold district, just left, and we dont have a healthy enough population to just afford losing them.

i do recall that they did option 2 at some point.

so option 0: rework the matchmaking / threat system.

bonus point: they do have to rework the threat system at least. there are lots of low golds saying "im no gold" - thats because the skill gap between a low gold and a high gold is the same skillgap between a 1st day bronze and that low gold, with a NHVR and a yukon. so, they are "too good to be a silver, too bad for be a gold" thus they end up joining silver districts / dethreating (not all low golds).

i would like to call an APB historian to corroborate  tho-

d107411.jpg

1 minute ago, DiBBz said:

all those options kinda dont line up with what majority have in mind. the threat system needs an overhaul badly along with matchmaking. so it properly matches those with the appropriate skill.

and the threat districts need to GTFO. instead replacing it with much like open conflict. but bronze and greens will have their own private districts so they can learn and adjust accordingly to the games somewhat demanding learning curve.

Everyone got his own opinion.

I know that my "Options" are not lining up to 100% with all.

Of course you can add ur options which you would prefer. I gotta add them to my thread.

How bout fix the gold districts so then it's able to support a more stable population, It's been like that for almost 5 years only ever used to ram raiding or clan event's never actually seen it active with no more than maybe between 5-10 players max.

4 minutes ago, DiBBz said:

i gotta disagree. my guess is that,some people would just make new accounts to get into the newbie district and destroy them. you know... its the APB community were' talking about here

Everyone got his own opinion.

I know that my "Options" are not lining up to 100% with all.

Of course you can add ur options which you would prefer. I gotta add them to my thread.

i already did  =P

polar-bear-cam.ngsversion.1415396765148.

Just now, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i gotta disagree. my guess is that,some people would just make new accounts to get into the newbie district and destroy them. you know... its the APB community were' talking about here

i already did  =P

True that!

I've added your Option to my thread 🙂

I wish this would work. But to me  de-threating is the single biggest Problem (now that cheating is attacked) in the game allready and it only would get worse. 

I hope LO is more creative than me because i dont see a solution to the problem. 

2 minutes ago, KurtKlops said:

I wish this would work. But to me  de-threating is the single biggest Problem (now that cheating is attacked) in the game allready and it only would get worse. 

I hope LO is more creative than me because i dont see a solution to the problem. 

I do hope that the LO Staff or even Matt is going to state their facts and options in this thread!

Edited by Lislya

3 minutes ago, ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™ said:

How bout fix the gold districts so then it's able to support a more stable population, It's been like that for almost 5 years only ever used to ram raiding or clan event's never actually seen it active with no more than maybe between 5-10 players max.

1) what do you mean by that? i mean - its not like people doesnt connect to the gold district because of performance issues

2) after one of the lasts jericho DDoS attacks (remember that sometimes, after a  DDoS, the server loses its capability to create new districts, confirmed by matt) the gold district was active with between 25 and 35 players of each faction IRC

20130322-085443-2.jpg

9 minutes ago, ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™ said:

I gotta attach with @TheOppositePolarBear

I would remove threat separated districts completely. It would demotivate people from dethreating to access lower ranked districts

Just make it so:

gold = 3 points, silver = 2 points, bronze/green/T = 1 point. Both teams need to have same points with tolerance +-2 points to get into match.

So if one team is made of 2golds and 2 silvers =  10 points

the opp team will be made of 10 bronzes, or 6 silvers, or 1 gold and 2 silvers and 3 bronzes. ..you got the idea.

If one team has more points than another, they are able to call backup.

Max point limit per team is 12, so if you are 10p vs 12p, you will have to wait for bronzes or silvers to join as backup.

And no, it does not work like that yet. I often see 1 gold and 1 silver vs 2 golds and they are not able to call backup.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

what you said is literately nothing new. people are doing that the now anyways because it means their character is more easy to control when de-threating.

also who says that would be the case. like i said the threat system needs and overhaul as well as matchmaking. so the chances of them smurfing actual new players would hopefully be very low.

either way smurfing is nothing new and is in every game that has multiple characters per account

1 hour ago, gdfgdfgfdgfd said:

if the ranking system is made so the progression between ranks is much longer or allot more spaced out then this may alleviate the problem as it will be more of a grind to do this. So once you hit Gold, going back to Silver or bronze will take much more effort to do so.

1,2, and 3 just make people DT more. Fixing the reason for it and fixing matchmaking are the only real solutions and I am sure LO is already aware and working on it to some degree.

Make all districts open, have matchmaking applied but threat hidden.

Now people will not be able to assume you are gold, silver, bronze, green and just play.

Seen silvers genuinely beat golds, seen bronzes outsmart golds and only if such players would apply themselves without thinking so much the game would be a better place.

Not saying all vs all, implying that sometimes your mind can restrict your abilities and deter you from trying.

Is there even any other game that prevents you joining certain lobbies based on your MMR anyway? Seems like the time for this has passed to me.

How about option 5 - any threat can join any district, rework the tutorial so new players can actually understand the game mechanics, make all weapon icons the same color so newbies don't assume gold gun icon = special premium calibre gear.

So... you know what happend last time G1 did this right? If not let me remind you. Dethreating become a thing oh and also we lost like 1/3 of population. But ye lets go with it anyway. We need threat system overhaul not this.

1 hour ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I would remove threat separated districts completely. It would demotivate people from dethreating to access lower ranked districts

Just make it so:

gold = 3 points, silver = 2 points, bronze/green/T = 1 point. Both teams need to have same points with tolerance +-2 points to get into match.

So if one team is made of 2golds and 2 silvers =  10 points

the opp team will be made of 10 bronzes, or 6 silvers, or 1 gold and 2 silvers and 3 bronzes. ..you got the idea.

If one team has more points than another, they are able to call backup.

Max point limit per team is 12, so if you are 10p vs 12p, you will have to wait for bronzes or silvers to join as backup.

And no, it does not work like that yet. I often see 1 gold and 1 silver vs 2 golds and they are not able to call backup.

I remember a time when the Threat actually worked like this. and it was great. I would slaughter nubs by the dozens. But in the end you would always get overwhelmed by numbers. And the issue with going back to this would be the new "spawn" system G1 added to the game. People either spawn entirely too close or half way across the map. So either A you will have 12 scrubs spawning constantly 50m from the objective and it will be endless or you will spawn 300m out from the objective and NEVER be able to win. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1