Sign in to follow this  
VanilleKeks

two small fixes

1. Preventing people from insta teleporting into their cars when close to objects

2. Reverting the last steel plating buff that G1 did.

Approx 1 day of developer work for 134% gameplay improvement.

Thanks

• Like 1

what's with people assuming they know how hard it would be to add things into a codebase they've never seen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VanilleKeks said:

1. Preventing people from insta teleporting into their cars when close to objects

I believe that is intended so you can get in/out even if the doors are blocked.

Speaking of exploits, I woudl like to see the building doors and the heavy lifting object fixed. 

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

1 minute ago, HawtGirl said:

I believe that is intended so you can get in/out even if the doors are blocked.

Speaking of exploits, I woudl like to see the building doors and the heavy lifting object fixed. 

Getting out by teleporting when stuck is fine, getting in is abused like crazy, even if intended. If your car is blocked from both sides and you can't get in, well tough luck grab a civ car or respawn it.

12 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Getting out by teleporting when stuck is fine, getting in is abused like crazy, even if intended. If your car is blocked from both sides and you can't get in, well tough luck grab a civ car or respawn it.

Agree but there is probably a reason to be like this. For example, it will be too easy to make a car unusable just by ramming it to a wall with another one especially by people that are not in the mission. The door alone requires a lot of space to work. Just parking close to the car may block it completely if there is not enough space for the character's hitbox.. 

Edited by HawtGirl

9 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Agree but there is probably a reason to be like this. For example, it will be too easy to make a car unusable just by ramming it to a wall with another one especially by people that are not in the mission. The door alone requires a lot of space to work. Just parking close to the car may block it completely if there is not enough space for the character's hitbox.. 

With the abundance of car spawners I don't think this will be a problem large enough to justify not removing what is by far the most abused mechanic of the game. We're trading for a lesser evil here. You can already make cars unusable that way anyway, it's just a little bit harder.

• Like 1

1 day to fix, 37 days to fix the other 20+ bugs it randomly causes when they update it 

APB's engine Causing chaos since 2009