Sign in to follow this  
postalgril

thanks LO you're the best

thanks for fixing servers and thanks for letting bronzes play again i love you ❤️ 

• Like 3

So i'm guessing de-threating is going to happen all over again? xD

4 hours ago, Nivo said:

at least there’s a chance orbit punishes dethreaters, as they have in the past

no segregation just let dethreaters face bronzes without having to break the tos

6 hours ago, Nivo said:

Would you prefer golds stomping bronzes in EVERY  single match and chasing them off of APB to lower population even more so like it just did this past month or so but only permanently  ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Would you prefer golds stomping bronzes in EVERY  single match and chasing them off of APB to lower population even more so like it just did this past month or so but only permanently  ?

I'd rather LO did anything about dethreating.

Wait, that wasn't an option was it?

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

no it wasnt

population hasnt increased at all either so threat segregation or not

nothing has changed xd

14 minutes ago, Alani said:

no it wasnt

population hasnt increased at all either so threat segregation or not

nothing has changed xd

It has been just 2-3 days lol.

Also many people probably don't even know it was added if they are already not playing. 

All in all, having proper matchmaking is the bare minimum that a game should have so don't expect everyone to be in a hurry to come back without anything else added. 

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

phasing and matchmaking i suppose. hope it happens soon

7 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

same

14 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

There still seems to be a long way till the engine update. 

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

There still seems to be a long way till the engine update. 

long way? should i fix that for you?

alright xD

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

There still seems to be one Infinite way that has no end till the engine update. 

here you go!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlishaAzure said:

long way? should i fix that for you?

alright xD

here you go!

Sees about right indeed. 

Not to mention the population is so small that even phasing probably won't fix the issue with matchmaking during off hours. At least, not with the current threat system.

7 hours ago, Haganu said:

Not to mention the population is so small that even phasing probably won't fix the issue with matchmaking during off hours. At least, not with the current threat system.

do you even know what phasing does?

9 hours ago, Haganu said:

It is not like you are matched strictly with your thread. I still got games against full gold teams when I was bronze. 

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

do you even know what phasing does?

he’s right tho, phasing is worthless with jericho-level population

you can’t have cross distinct matchmaking if there’s barely one district per threat in the first place

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

you can’t have cross distinct matchmaking if there’s barely one district per threat in the first place

learn to swim in the pond and you'll find more

12 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

It is not like you are matched strictly with your thread. I still got games against full gold teams when I was bronze. 

Exactly. It's not like you have to be matched with the exact same threat level, but your second sentence describes the issue precisely.

An issue I'm afraid even phasing won't fix sufficiently, due to the small population this game has. With a more simple threat distribution (instead of the 40 levels we have now), it would work at least a little better whenever phasing becomes a thing.

Edited by Haganu

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

Exactly. It's not like you have to be matched with the exact same threat level, but your second sentence describes the issue precisely.

An issue I'm afraid even phasing won't fix sufficiently, due to the small population this game has. With a more simple threat distribution (instead of the 40 levels we have now), it would work at least a little better whenever phasing becomes a thing.

But it will still make it better. Also no system is going to fix the lack of players anyway.

Thanks LO! Now 30yr old's who've played the game for 10k hours and still can't handle playing vs golds will be able to dethreat and feed their ego against new players on bronze district.

Edited by displacement
Pepega

6 hours ago, Solamente said:

I mean lets face it, no segregation on Jericho was the same as Phasing for Jericho... we only had one populated district most days, spread across all threat levels.

I guess adding EU players to Phasing might help, though the differences in ping will be interesting. What would a Brazilian vs Russian match even feel like?  (I realize some of you really want to make a joke here... but can you don't?)

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean lets face it, no segregation on Jericho was the same as Phasing for Jericho... we only had one populated district most days, spread across all threat levels.

I guess adding EU players to Phasing might help, though the differences in ping will be interesting. What would a Brazilian vs Russian match even feel like?  (I realize some of you really want to make a joke here... but can you don't?)

Considering MattScott takes ping into account for matchmaking, I want to say it's fair that Ru vs Br matchups are a bit far-fetched to be viable. I'd probably make ping numbers like that off-limits.

Edited by Haganu
unless we can put a server at the bottom of the atlantic, maybe it's a fair middleground

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

Considering MattScott takes ping into account for matchmaking, I want to say it's fair that Ru vs Br matchups are a bit far-fetched to be viable. I'd probably make ping numbers like that off-limits.

Then yeah, phasing wont really help NA players at all.

2 hours ago, Haganu said:

Considering MattScott takes ping into account for matchmaking

rly? im already doing nothing in this game since segregation is back. I'm either getting no opp or dethreating opp.. And they want to add matchmaking based on ping?

Are they having a different /pop stats that we do? Maybe separate female characters from male as well?

Sign in to follow this