TheHidden-Tember

The hell did you do to the bounty system

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

by any chance you wouldn't be on medicine for Narcissism would you? either way its a rhetorical question. i dont want to know.

try to chill you've been riding people a bit strong on this thread.

[...]

I see. Still evasively with the answers to my points. Anyway, guess that does answer it in the end.

Have a nice day/night.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

On 2/17/2020 at 3:36 PM, TzickyT said:

didn't that change to max 1 level drop for both parties

it did not

Merged.

On 2/17/2020 at 7:06 PM, Solamente said:

factionkilling is not intended so im not sure this example makes sense, but i'm all for fixing this uneven punishment

What do you mean "not intended".

It was intended in the original version of the game, where crims could kill other crim bounties for money. The huge standing penalty was added in specifically to counter the action of faction killing your friendly P5 enforcers because that wasn't supposed to bring money. It was a broken asymetrical system, but brought some fun to the game.

Since then, they have changed the system a few times ,namely bringing it to what I believe was the best state where you're only allowed to kill bounties in the opposing faction which is more symmetrical and overall better. However, they never removed the enforcer killing P5 enforcer penalty.

Game systems are a whole, you can't just change one parameter independently and call it a day.

Hell in the current system there is still an ingame message saying you now have a bounty on your head, kill as many people as you can when in fact nothing has changed mechanically except that killing people grants slighlty better rewards.

The current system has so many systemic flaws.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

What do you mean "not intended".

It was intended in the original version of the game, where crims could kill other crim bounties for money. The huge standing penalty was added in specifically to counter the action of faction killing your friendly P5 enforcers because that wasn't supposed to bring money. It was a broken asymetrical system, but brought some fun to the game.

Since then, they have changed the system a few times ,namely bringing it to what I believe was the best state where you're only allowed to kill bounties in the opposing faction which is more symmetrical and overall better. However, they never removed the enforcer killing P5 enforcer penalty.

Game systems are a whole, you can't just change one parameter independently and call it a day.

Hell in the current system there is still an ingame message saying you now have a bounty on your head, kill as many people as you can when in fact nothing has changed mechanically except that killing people grants slighlty better rewards.

The current system has so many systemic flaws.

guess we can't help it that in apb teamkilling is a thing

I like what they did with the bounty-system so far and ...

without to repeat all the already mentioned arguments, it would be the best decision to completely get rid of the bounty-system. (Or at least N5/P5) It doens't really balance the game und usually makes missions unfair especially for teams of equal skilled players.

If a gold plated silver like me constantly get N5/P5, I don't want to imagine how much impact this "feature" has on a high skilled player. After some certain patches and balances, its pretty obvious, they usually listen to silvers, who most likely doesn't even play the game anymore and just tend complain about everything without proper and comprehensible arguments. And yes I'm allowed to judge those silvers, since I'm a silver as well 🙂

• Like 1

Idk why people are saying that only good players get punished by bounty system because reality isn't like that  because I have seen/suffered good players finishing his mission in p5/n5 thanks to the good matchmaking and then how the nice people they are even though they are complaining about bounty system all the time they decide to make ur mission be  3 vs 2 making u lose, but even though this happen I don't want it removed because in apb FUN DON'T EQUAL WINNING MISSIONS

• Like 4

Hi, it's been what, 3 years now. The bounty system is still in its broken useless state.
I understand that you'd want to remove it but please then also consider:

- Remove the huge icon over a P5/N5 player's head

- Remove the message that says "there's a bounty on "X", kill them now"
- Might as well remove the bounty counter for when you press M or select your spawn

- Decrease the prestige penalty when you're an enforcer killing a P5 enforcer OR increase the notoriety penalty when you're a criminal killing an N5 criminal.

• Like 1

Great, more lunacy about wanting to punish players for being good. Learn how to play and stop asking for / depending on crutches like the bounty system. It's unfair, it disrupts missions, strategy and allows griefing.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Thial said:

Great, more lunacy about wanting to punish players for being good. Learn how to play and stop asking for / depending on crutches like the bounty system. It's unfair, it disrupts missions, strategy and allows griefing.

Hi, read the very last message I posted thank you.

11 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

Hi, read the very last message I posted thank you.

Removing the marker doesn't fix it. The problem was that the bounties were abused by the opposing team which was calling their buddies to kill the bounty. Also the opposite was happening where bounties were teaming up to grief random people's missions by using things like opgl osmaw hvr etc.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 1

Just now, Thial said:

Removing the marker doesn't fix it. The problem was that the bounties were abused by the opposing team which were calling their buddies to kill the bounty. Also the opposite was happening where bounties were teaming up to grief missions by using things like opgl osmaw hvr etc.

literally read better, please. I am not saying that the bounty system should be back to how it was before, I am saying that since the bounty system has been practically removed (aka you cannot kill bounties not in your mission anymore), then I want to stop seeing all those UI elements which tell me to kill bounties. Also, the fact that bounties are asymetrical in terms of enfs/crims is still not fixed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

literally read better, please. I am not saying that the bounty system should be back to how it was before, I am saying that since the bounty system has been practically removed (aka you cannot kill bounties not in your mission anymore), then I want to stop seeing all those UI elements which tell me to kill bounties. Also, the fact that bounties are asymetrical in terms of enfs/crims is still not fixed.

I read your first post, not gonna read 13 pages. The whole prestige system should be reworked as it brings literally nothing to the game anymore, nobody cares about it and it's literally unfair due to crims being able to pay off their meter. The meter should be gone while its effects should be just hardcoded into base APB. The bounties should be completely gone in general as it was always a griefing tool by either announcing to everyone where you are so that they could come and grief you during possibly a very important moment of a mission or like I wrote before it was actually abused to grief on purpose which was happening very often in clan / 4 man group matches. If a game punishes you for being too good then that's a shitty design / game.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thial said:

I read your first post, not gonna read 13 pages. The whole prestige system should be reworked as it brings literally nothing to the game anymore, nobody cares about it and it's literally unfair due to crims being able to pay off their meter. The meter should be gone while its effects should be just hardcoded into base APB. The bounties should be completely gone in general as it was always a griefing tool by either announcing to everyone where you are so that they could come and grief you during possibly a very important moment of a mission or like I wrote before it was actually abused to grief on purpose which was happening very often in clan / 4 man group matches.

Since you do not want to read I will copypaste my actual suggestions here:

- Might as well remove the bounty counter for when you press M or select your spawn

- Decrease the prestige penalty when you're an enforcer killing a P5 enforcer OR increase the notoriety penalty when you're a criminal killing an N5 criminal.

• Like 1

Just now, TheHidden-Tember said:

Since you do not want to read I will copypaste my actual suggestions here:

Why not just remove it completely and work whatever advantages it was giving into the base game instead of stripping it off of features to the point where it's unrecognizable ?

6 minutes ago, Thial said:

Why not just remove it completely and work whatever advantages it was giving into the base game instead of stripping it off of features to the point where it's unrecognizable ?

sure, i'm ok with that.

10 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

sure, i'm ok with that.

You can also go a step further and just introduce a new deathmatch like gamemode to districts where people who are not in a mission could join in just like it works with events and shoot anyone who's not a part of a mission until they will either quit or they will join a mission. You can even give all of those people a marker above their head and make them visible on the map. Or just play fightclub.

That would be way more fun than just randomly being griefed by people. There was nothing good about bounties. No player who ever died from being a bounty or to a bounty said that it was fun. The only people who were having fun were those who were on the griefing end laughing maniacally as they were driving people over or spamming them with opgls and volcanos while carsurfing.

Plus another problem with bounties was low pop and bad matchmaking. New players always keep saying that bounties are there to help them win against very good players but the reality is that they should never have been matched against those good players in the first place.

Edited by Thial

LEAVE IT, WE DONT WANT POUND OF FLESH BACK IN THIS SHIT GAME