TheHidden-Tember

The hell did you do to the bounty system

15 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Another page. Another repeat of the same bs ignoring any and every sound point brought up.

At this point it's insanity.

some of that is bias opinion.

in some cases it prolongs but in some cases it makes the difference ( some golds on this thread even said so )

13 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

You shouldn't be an Enforcer in the first place

enforcer can arrest then kill the detainee to lose n 5

15 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

You clearly like to have things easy so you should just be a Criminal as Criminals have it a little bit easier. Just run to a contact, bribe and go back to being a scummy-coward to the city.

“just don’t play enforcer if you don’t like the bounty system” is not a solution, if one faction is punished more for the exact same intended gameplay then it’s just bad game design

being encouraged to not play an entire faction is a negative

You shouldn't be an Enforcer in the first place if you like to have things easy, but there still exists a super-easy way if you are worthy of carrying a badge... Simply arrest someone then execute them. This is effective enough to push your prestige ALL THE WAY down to 4.0... Nice and simple. Your opposition might even thank you for speeding up their respawn times as well as not slowing down the match.

being encouraged to replace your situationally optimal weapon with never optimal ltl and putting your team at a massive disadvantage (if you weren’t killed while switching weapons while n5/p5) is a negative

If you can't do that, then in addition to driving over civilians, any destructive action helps. A player will naturally destroy signs and fire hydrants as they drive over civilians which substantially lowers prestige.. Dear heavens, you can even lose prestige by being useful to your team through blowing up opposition vehicles during the mission itself, since the game doesn't care and will treat them as civilian cars (e.g to kill their spawner mods).

being encouraged to leave the mission area to run over signs and fire hydrants is a negative

being encouraged to shoot civilians and reveal yourself to the enemy team is a negative

none of these options will help if a player is doing even perfectly average (1 kdr) or better, it takes probably a dozen civilians just to equal one enemy kill

After a mission, you can also deliver something to the vault if you wish to go all the way down to prestige 2.0 but at this point, that is not even remotely necessary.

this is the only suggestion that doesn’t put players at a disadvantage or interrupt core gameplay, but i imagine it’s annoying as hell to not be able to play again until you find a stolen vehicle after every mission and dropping to p2 doesn’t guarantee that you won’t get a bounty on your next mission, so in the end the time sink might be pointless anyway

a vague sense of “open world feel”, an extra 400 bucks if you manage to kill every single opposite faction player in the district, and the satisfaction of knowing you’re stomping your opposition (unless you aren’t, because notoriety/prestige often doesn’t work as intended) are laughable “rewards” for your enemies being given the single best advantage anyone can get in apb

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Solamente said:

it’s entirely possible and common to do well in one mission, only to go n5/p5 in your next mission almost regardless of performance - you gain more notoriety/prestige for kills than you do for deaths, so unless you’re getting completely shut down with 0 kills you’ll inevitably pop a bounty

I have been shut down like that by some of the real golds on NA.  I do well enough against silvers and low golds, but take a hand full of the real golds that group... I'm just basically a meat shield and my N/P drops real fast.

But without a large population the extremes are more common than when the servers were alive with multiple districts.

• Like 1

interesting.

in conclusion, the elite pro tryhards ask for remove the p5n5 cause they are not so pro. (????maybe cause  wallhack is not so funny when also oppo have it too simply watching map and radar? ???)
(have just a death more ruins their elite mission score? i die multiple times and still win ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Queen of Love said:

interesting.

in conclusion, the elite pro tryhards ask for remove the p5n5 cause they are not so pro. (????maybe cause  wallhack is not so funny when also oppo have it too simply watching map and radar? ???)
(have just a death more ruins their elite mission score? i die multiple times and still win ).

Amazing argument, to say the least.

12 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

enforcer can arrest then kill the detainee to lose n 5

yesh

10 hours ago, Solamente said:

“just don’t play enforcer if you don’t like the bounty system” is not a solution, if one faction is punished more for the exact same intended gameplay then it’s just bad game design

being encouraged to not play an entire faction is a negative

That is where you are wrong. Enforcers are NOT MEANT to lose prestige.. Enforcers in fact bribe to GAIN prestige in case they mess up badly, this is the most obvious clue. Enforcers were intended to keep their prestige high, not low. If you wish to keep your prestige low, that is your preference. Your preference was not the intended mechanic so don't claim that please.

being encouraged to replace your situationally optimal weapon with never optimal ltl and putting your team at a massive disadvantage (if you weren’t killed while switching weapons while n5/p5) is a negative

It is quite the contrary. Stabba-PIG is the ultimate secondary an Enforcer could ever have. Something that Criminals in particular are envious of.

being encouraged to leave the mission area to run over signs and fire hydrants is a negative

being encouraged to shoot civilians and reveal yourself to the enemy team is a negative

none of these options will help if a player is doing even perfectly average (1 kdr) or better, it takes probably a dozen civilians just to equal one enemy kill

Simply because they stem from the desire to go with a preference that is negative in itself and only a whiney player who doesn't like to be challenged or improve would seek.

I mentioned these as lesser but other options one may do if the player is persistent in being a fake-Enforcer, not wanting to arrest-2-execute and still wants their prestige kept low. I mentioned these because the actions above do not slow down the player's vehicle & that the city is full of them. Civilians do not decelerate the player vehicle AT ALL when ran over.. signs and other destructible things are also harmless in the face of meta and even mediocre vehicles. This in no way is an issue whatsoever.

Players who get a K/D of 1+ wouldn't feel bad towards being bounty because they are in fact likely to win. They wouldn't get a K/D of 1+ if they weren't doing better than their opposition.

And before the argument of "they can see me on the map" resurfaces. That argument is invalid because spotter-mod exists. The opposition doesn't need to see you on the map when they can see you behind walls. It is that much simple.

this is the only suggestion that doesn’t put players at a disadvantage or interrupt core gameplay, but i imagine it’s annoying as hell to not be able to play again until you find a stolen vehicle after every mission and dropping to p2 doesn’t guarantee that you won’t get a bounty on your next mission, so in the end the time sink might be pointless anyway

This alone is an indication that APB is simply not for said player..  The only thing that interrupts core gameplay is wanting the game to play like CS:GO.

Stolen vehicles are plentiful.

Additionally, a good Enforcer typically gets bounty at least once every mission. A good Enforcer also instantly gets P5 as soon as they join a district at P2.5 and arresting an N5...

Playing with the average rate of MAYBE 1 P5 per mission is nothing short of pathetic and this is exactly why the argument of "why should I get punished for being good" that surfaces around this forum is a delusional and flawed in itself.

a vague sense of “open world feel”, an extra 400 bucks if you manage to kill every single opposite faction player in the district, and the satisfaction of knowing you’re stomping your opposition (unless you aren’t, because notoriety/prestige often doesn’t work as intended) are laughable “rewards” for your enemies being given the single best advantage anyone can get in apb

It is not vague at all and you must elaborate on "doesn't work as intended" because based on what you have said prior, you use the word "intended" to drive your discussion that is in fact against what is intended by obvious features in the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

And before the argument of "they can see me on the map" resurfaces. That argument is invalid because spotter-mod exists. The opposition doesn't need to see you on the map when they can see you behind walls. It is that much simple.

a lot more people talk about joker tickets for flare guns. I see people use them more often now.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

a lot more people talk about joker tickets for flare guns. I see people use them more often now.

Yeah, these too~

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

some of that is bias opinion.

in some cases it prolongs but in some cases it makes the difference ( some golds on this thread even said so )

[...]

Could you elaborate on that then? Which of my points were biased opinions? Go through them all step by step. I want you to rebut them.

Difference in what? In a stomped game? Please, show me those comments by "golds".

Edited by TheJellyGoo

1 hour ago, Lily Rain said:

It is quite the contrary. Stabba-PIG is the ultimate secondary an Enforcer could ever have. Something that Criminals in particular are envious of.

Jesus, you are completely out of touch with the game LMAO. You should definitely start playing outside of Bronze mate.

Spotter is a strategic option, P5/N5 is also a "strategic option" since you need to get out of your way to not get it, which is a strategy in itself, even though it's awful game design.

Stolen vehicles are plentiful.

Not exactly true, highly situational and depends on where the mission is taking place.

Playing with the average rate of MAYBE 1 P5 per mission is nothing short of pathetic and this is exactly why the argument of "why should I get punished for being good" that surfaces around this forum is a delusional and flawed in itself.

It's been explained countless times why it's a punishment, you just can't grasp it. Then again, you're probably not even Gold yourself so you wouldn't understand. I hate to make remarks about threat level, but it's beyond obvious people who are in the lower brackets have a different POV about the game, it happens in every game.

29 minutes ago, swft said:

It's been explained countless times why it's a punishment, you just can't grasp it. Then again, you're probably not even Gold yourself so you wouldn't understand. I hate to make remarks about threat level, but it's beyond obvious people who are in the lower brackets have a different POV about the game, it happens in every game.

Same as 'golds' state it's a punishment. Usually when you get a bounty it's because you do TOO well. But again as I mentioned earlier if the matchmaking was fair, you wouldn't get bounty every 5 min.

And as stated earlier it should be tweaked a little like: better rewards and dying should reduce threat level further. This to prevent that you get a bounty if you are not doing TOO well. 

Edited by PraiseTheSun

40 minutes ago, swft said:

Jesus, you are completely out of touch with the game LMAO. You should definitely start playing outside of Bronze mate.

Ah, resorting to false bronze-calling. Classic and is all I needed to completely see through you. You getting triggered proves my point, Criminal:

unknown.png

And if you actually had the ability to arrest and kill like I have already established to your clueless mind earlier, you would've responded to my previous post rather than watch silently in the "recently browsing" group for more than 24 hours like a silent predator.. The fact that you were speechless and couldn't reply to my previous post and still spew nonsense here is sufficient proof.

May your faction continues to be without a Stabba-PIG for much longer, envious kitten. Enjoy slower spawns and free food in jail.

Spotter is a strategic option, P5/N5 is also a "strategic option" since you need to get out of your way to not get it, which is a strategy in itself, even though it's awful game design.

No.. that's just you not being able to handle the heat.

Not exactly true, highly situational and depends on where the mission is taking place.

You can simply hover your crosshair on cars and they'll tell whether they are stolen or not.. Stolen vehicles are in fact not rare..

It is only a punishment to those whom are unworthy and whine about it all. You simply think you are better than you actually are. With the lack of knowledge, hesitation and doubt that you have shown earlier, It is you who in fact who belongs in the bronze district.

To further entertain your lack of information, I MAIN LTL and am Gold for eternity and always will be. You or anyone else aren't capable of pushing me down from that with all the advantages I give, so educate yourself about the game and the people you are addressing before you puke further misinformation and nonsense. You have already embarrassed yourself enough throughout the pages of this thread.

45 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

It is only a punishment to those whom are unworthy and whine about it all. You simply think you are better than you actually are. With the lack of knowledge, hesitation and doubt that you have shown earlier, It is you who in fact who belongs in the bronze district.

To further entertain your lack of information, I MAIN LTL and am Gold for eternity and always will be. You or anyone else aren't capable of pushing me down from that with all the advantages I give, so educate yourself about the game and the people you are addressing before you puke further misinformation and nonsense. You have already embarrassed yourself enough throughout the pages of this thread.

Someone is extremely mad, your whole post revolves around the fact that my (now) main character is a criminal and how I'm an incompetent player who only plays criminal due to being "unable" to play as enforcer. Sad conclusions from a salty person.

I have a few APB characters as you can clearly see here:

55QWH9q.png

Wow, it just so happens that I have more Rating combined on enforcers than criminals... Now what Mr. Know It All?

Face it, you're an LTL main (LOOOOL), that speaks volumes about your gameplay and knowledge of the game. LTL is not META and is extremely situational, I can assure you will forever be condemned to only win against bad players or in specific mission scenarios, no chance against actual good opposition unless you're playing the game by abusing every single dirty strategy there is in the book and maybe then you'd have a chance.

It's actually hilarious that you had to pull a screenshot from god knows where (I haven't logged in in a while on that character), funny stuff. I'm still clueless as to who you are ingame, but I'm sure I've pissed you off by the sound of it, maybe you got your patootie handed more than a few times and you're just taking it out on my opinion about Bounty.

Anyways, congratulations on skewing the thread, you've still achieved nothing and Bounty is still disabled in missions, as it will continue to be if LO listens to the right people, which they did so far. 🙂

3 minutes ago, swft said:

Bounty is still disabled in missions, as it will continue to be if LO listens to the right people, which they did so far. 🙂

So you're stating the other 80% is wrong? Outch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, PraiseTheSun said:

So you're stating the other 80% is wrong? Outch. 

What 80%, where did you even get that number from this thread? The forums don't even accurately represent the community, there's a reason why the vocal majority here doesn't represent the majority in game. People like "Lily Rain" don't depict most of the population of the game. Even if they did, quality over quantity is way more appreciated. I'd rather listen to 10 veteran "skilled" players than 50 randomly selected players of all kinds of skill levels and playtimes when talking about game balance/health. Just take a look at good examples like R6, Overwatch, CS:GO, where community feedback is extremely important and they need to filter out the feedback, loud mouths aren't the smartest ones a lot of the times.

41 minutes ago, swft said:

Someone is extremely mad, your whole post revolves around the fact that my (now) main character is a criminal and how I'm an incompetent player who only plays criminal due to being "unable" to play as enforcer. Sad conclusions from a salty person.

The only person who is mad is you. All I did was debunk the fact that you have said there is absolutely no way to lose prestige other than dying. This clearly opened a hole in your soul. I am sorry, but you don't get to spread misinformation and expect people to let it slide. Straighten your facts next time or you'll get straightened, whether by myself again or someone else, period.

43 minutes ago, swft said:

55QWH9q.png

This explains why I wasn't able to put you in jail like most other n-tec and nfas mains, you are in Citadel.

Fear not, though. For once the global merge takes place, you'll join them in jail. Your day will come, sit tight. I will give you a swft arrest before you could even min-ttk me in the language your kind speaks.

45 minutes ago, swft said:

Wow, it just so happens that I have more Rating combined on enforcers than criminals... Now what Mr. Know It All?

Rank means nothing in APB unless you are high.

46 minutes ago, swft said:

Face it, you're an LTL main (LOOOOL), that speaks volumes about your gameplay and knowledge of the game. LTL is not META and is extremely situational, I can assure you will forever be condemned to only win against bad players or in specific mission scenarios, no chance against actual good opposition unless you're playing the game by abusing every single dirty strategy there is in the book and maybe then you'd have a chance.

And this is exactly why I am superior to you and other meta-only players. I can make you struggle while being effectively out of the meta. This also proves your anger and the outcome of the previous discussion. You are in fact not much of a threat with LTL after all, eh? You can't arrest for the life of you and that fact alone makes you below most people. Enjoy your fake, multi-faced list of characters.

49 minutes ago, swft said:

It's actually hilarious that you had to pull a screenshot from god knows where (I haven't logged in in a while on that character), funny stuff. I'm still clueless as to who you are ingame, but I'm sure I've pissed you off by the sound of it, maybe you got your patootie handed more than a few times and you're just taking it out on my opinion about Bounty.

Unlike you Mr. many faces, I can hold my own without hiding behind many characters. Piling up characters means nothing towards being capable.

51 minutes ago, swft said:

Anyways, congratulations on skewing the thread, you've still achieved nothing and Bounty is still disabled in missions, as it will continue to be if LO listens to the right people, which they did so far. 🙂

lol, don't put your inability to argue with facts and play outside the meta on me or anyone else around here. Those are your shortcomings and yours alone to fix. Don't blame it on the bounty system for it will only make you more of a weakling.

22 minutes ago, swft said:

What 80%, where did you even get that number from this thread? The forums don't even accurately represent the community, there's a reason why the vocal majority here doesn't represent the majority in game. People like "Lily Rain" don't depict most of the population of the game. Even if they did, quality over quantity is way more appreciated. I'd rather listen to 10 veteran "skilled" players than 50 randomly selected players of all kinds of skill levels and playtimes when talking about game balance/health. Just take a look at good examples like R6, Overwatch, CS:GO, where community feedback is extremely important and they need to filter out the feedback, loud mouths aren't the smartest ones a lot of the times.

That's exactly the problem. You are not skilled so you won't be able to identify skilled players.

The fact that you are comparing APB to Overwatch and CS:GO alone reeks of trouble and the only loud mouth in this thread, so far, is you.

You'd do well to state real facts from here on out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, swft said:

You state that the right persons is a minority of so called 'elite' even, tho the game is bigger than those players. As there are players who have a lot of in-game knowledge but aren't part of the 'elite' because they are not active on the forum, casual players or not taken seriously because they happen to be silver.

And 80% was just a matter of speaking. 

Also, this discussion is basically one group that doesn't have an issue with it and one group that has. So a good solution would be to tweak the bounty system with as example the suggestions i posted in a previous post. 

Edited by PraiseTheSun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

The only person who is mad is you. All I did was debunk the fact that you have said there is absolutely no way to lose prestige other than dying. This clearly opened a hole in your soul. I am sorry, but you don't get to spread misinformation and expect people to let it slide. Straighten your facts next time or you'll get straightened, whether by myself again or someone else, period.

This explains why I wasn't able to put you in jail like most other n-tec and nfas mains, you are in Citadel.

Fear not, though. For once the global merge takes place, you'll join them in jail. Your day will come, sit tight. I will give you a swft arrest before you could even min-ttk me in the language your kind speaks.

Rank means nothing in APB unless you are high.

And this is exactly why I am superior to you and other meta-only players. I can make you struggle while being effectively out of the meta. This also proves your anger and the outcome of the previous discussion. You are in fact not much of a threat with LTL after all, eh? You can't arrest for the life of you and that fact alone makes you below most people. Enjoy your fake, multi-faced list of characters.

Unlike you Mr. many faces, I can hold my own without hiding behind many characters. Piling up characters means nothing towards being capable.

lol, don't put your inability to argue with facts and play outside the meta on me or anyone else around here. Those are your shortcomings and yours alone to fix. Don't blame it on the bounty system for it will only make you more of a weakling.

That's exactly the problem. You are not skilled so you won't be able to identify skilled players.

The fact that you are comparing APB to Overwatch and CS:GO alone reeks of trouble and the only loud mouth in this thread, so far, is you.

You'd do well to state real facts from here on out.

That's just plain cringe. You got me speechless, you are the epitome of what's wrong with this game's community, I won't even address your last reply topic by topic since you'll just distort everything once again.

I'm abandoning this thread since my point was made several pages back.

Just now, swft said:

That's just plain cringe. You got me speechless, you are the epitome of what's wrong with this game's community, I won't even address your last reply topic by topic since you'll just distort everything once again.

I'm abandoning this thread since my point was made several pages back.

Better luck next time with whatever lies and misinformation you may come up with next.

• Like 1

People arguing that they are the right ones to be heard and that they know what "everyone wants" reminds me of when someone who spends too much time in social networks states that what he says is what "everyone is saying" and yet they don't talk with more than 3 or 4 persons outside the computer about these matters.

Here we have people who only talk with their circle of friends, either ingame clan, community Discord groups or such and they claim that what they say is what everyone wants, yet they attack anyone who is not part of their group or that tries to state different opinions. I wonder if they also push their arguments among their groups in the same way till they kind of force their friends to support them in the way they want, I mean, that's a current phenomena of social networks interactions indeed.

If LO is listening to these kind of players then they are clearly not listening to the right people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Salvick said:

People arguing that they are the right ones to be heard and that they know what "everyone wants" reminds me of when someone who spends too much time in social networks states that what he says is what "everyone is saying" and yet they don't talk with more than 3 or 4 persons outside the computer about these matters.

Here we have people who only talk with their circle of friends, either ingame clan, community Discord groups or such and they claim that what they say is what everyone wants, yet they attack anyone who is not part of their group or that tries to state different opinions. I wonder if they also push their arguments among their groups in the same way till they kind of force their friends to support them in the way they want, I mean, that's a current phenomena of social networks interactions indeed.

If LO is listening to these kind of players then they are clearly not listening to the right people.

Spot on, well said.

"A filter bubble has been described as exacerbating a phenomenon that has been called

splinternet or cyberbalkanization, which happens when the Internet becomes divided up

into sub-groups of like-minded people who become insulated within their own online

community and fail to get exposure to different views."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_bubble

[Edit] Disclaimer: Haven't read this particular wiki article entirely but I believe it helps to explain the phenomenon I'm talking about. I clarify this just in case anyone thinks I'm bringing in political stuff which was not my intention. [/Edit]

This Filter Bubble is what I'm talking about, and that's what I think should be taken into consideration when we want to express a detailed critic or opinion based on objective facts

Detailing these mechanics, factors or outcomes of the bounty system is valid.

Anything else such as "everyone says so", "we are the only ones that understand this", "every gold knows that", "no silver should provide feedback about the game", and so on are just biased statements imo. That's why I'd like to insist on see how precisely can we address this.

Some people wants to have fun, some people wants a competition, I believe both of these can meet each other in a middle point while spreading the options to choose one way or another to play at the same time.

Edited by Salvick
Minor clarification about the quoted source.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

That is where you are wrong. Enforcers are NOT MEANT to lose prestige.. Enforcers in fact bribe to GAIN prestige in case they mess up badly, this is the most obvious clue. Enforcers were intended to keep their prestige high, not low. If you wish to keep your prestige low, that is your preference. Your preference was not the intended mechanic so don't claim that please.

intended gameplay is running missions, enforcers are affected more severely by the bounty system as you yourself have pointed out

this is objectively wrong

Simply because they stem from the desire to go with a preference that is negative in itself and only a whiney player who doesn't like to be challenged or improve would seek.

I mentioned these as lesser but other options one may do if the player is persistent in being a fake-Enforcer, not wanting to arrest-2-execute and still wants their prestige kept low. I mentioned these because the actions above do not slow down the player's vehicle & that the city is full of them. Civilians do not decelerate the player vehicle AT ALL when ran over.. signs and other destructible things are also harmless in the face of meta and even mediocre vehicles. This in no way is an issue whatsoever.

as already mentioned, even a 1 kdr player won’t see any benefit from running over signs or civilians unless they make it their primary objective

Players who get a K/D of 1+ wouldn't feel bad towards being bounty because they are in fact likely to win. They wouldn't get a K/D of 1+ if they weren't doing better than their opposition.

individual kdr isn’t predictive of the entire mission outcome

permanent visibility vs a temporary mod effect is not comparable 

additionally spotter is a reward for successfully using basic tactics and game skills, a player has to see their enemy for it to take effect and then has to activate the mod - a bounty doesn’t require any of that and yet players receive (in your comparison) an equivalent reward

This alone is an indication that APB is simply not for said player..  The only thing that interrupts core gameplay is wanting the game to play like CS:GO.

missions are the core gameplay, i’m not sure how this is even debatable, non-mission activities have been made less and less desireable over the years

missions can last up to 30 minutes if not longer and there’s additional downtime while matchmaking attempts to work, your own personal notoriety/prestige can affect a large percentage of missions, and that’s without factoring in other n5/p5 players randomly popping in and wrecking your mission (what part of random n5/p5 players affecting other missions is a balancing mechanic btw?)

It is not vague at all and you must elaborate on "doesn't work as intended" because based on what you have said prior, you use the word "intended" to drive your discussion that is in fact against what is intended by obvious features in the game

if the bounty system is intended to balance players that are playing too good it fails - it also effects players that aren’t playing too good, or even good at all in some cases

if the bounty system is intended to enhance the open world feel it fails - a negligible difference in the open world feel at the cost of a negative impact on apb’s core gameplay

if the bounty system is intended to be an arbitrary chance for players to engage in high risk/high reward gameplay it fails - not providing a high enough reward to make facing up to 40 people on your own worthwhile 

im unclear on what else the bounty system could be intended for, please fill me in 

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

intended gameplay is running missions, enforcers are affected more severely by the bounty system as you yourself have pointed out

The bounty system didn't prevent players from pressing k to run missions nor it prematurely ended ongoing missions so there is no connection here. Enforcers were affected more positively as they are meant to have high prestige. Those not wanting to have prestige were not the focus of this entire design.

this is objectively wrong

Stabba-PIG is a powerhouse with unmatched stopping power. APB is a game where players can easily and almost always get 50/1000 stamina damage from various sources. This secondary can finish the job with 1 shot after that, so no. It is objectively and effectively beyond correct.

as already mentioned, even a 1 kdr player won’t see any benefit from running over signs or civilians unless they make it their primary objective

Even better. It is time for said players to see reason and play the game the way it was meant to be played rather than have it play like different, stale games that the world has plenty of already.

individual kdr isn’t predictive of the entire mission outcome

Nor is getting bounty mid-mission.

permanent visibility vs a temporary mod effect is not comparable 

additionally spotter is a reward for successfully using basic tactics and game skills, a player has to see their enemy for it to take effect and then has to activate the mod - a bounty doesn’t require any of that and yet players receive (in your comparison) an equivalent reward

Spotter's visibility is leagues beyond that of a map indicator. Adding to that the beautifully short cooldown of spotter, Spotter is also far more frequent than bounty. Spotter is in fact more frequent than getting bounty via arresting, it is that much broken. Spotter is just superior to bounty in every way when it comes to revealing players. It was already established that R195+ mods are ridiculous and this is one of them. One simply does not defend these mods in any shape or form.

"Spotter is a reward for successfully using basic tactics and game skills"? Spotter tags opponents the instant they land on the camera indicator.. it doesn't even require tracking for a short duration. To make it even more brain-dead, it tags those in a vehicle as well. It lasts long enough for either the user or another team member to move in and finish the job. Where is the skill in using a borderline wallhack that requires no effort to function? Spotter mod in APB is simply 1 step short of a game called Blacklight Retribution.

My argument entails that spotter-mod is a million times more revealing and frequent than earning bounty status. I stand by the fact that spotter is cheap and not equivalent to getting bounty. It is cheap, broken and should have been looked at before the bounty system to be frank. I do not believe in any way that they are "equivalent".

missions are the core gameplay, i’m not sure how this is even debatable, non-mission activities have been made less and less desireable over the years

And where exactly on this thread did I state that missions are not core-gameplay or they shouldn't be seen as such??? ~_^

"less desirable" pertains to personal-taste so you should only speak for yourself in that regard. But alas, driving people away from said activities rather than bringing focus to them in hopes for them to become attractive again is wrong in every way. Discussions in the forums are used (actually mostly ignored) to better prepare the game to the world for when LO re-advertises it again later. You should drive them into making things more attractive and rewarding rather than throwing them in a store-room.

missions can last up to 30 minutes if not longer and there’s additional downtime while matchmaking attempts to work, your own personal notoriety/prestige can affect a large percentage of missions, and that’s without factoring in other n5/p5 players randomly popping in and wrecking your mission (what part of random n5/p5 players affecting other missions is a balancing mechanic btw?)

30 minutes is way above the average time for missions in practice. The first stage gets done instantly and that is assuming the offensive-team was waiting for opposition. Additionally, players /abandonmission long missions. Realistically, 30+ minutes per mission is way off the mark.

Having n5/p5 players interfere with your mission is free role-progression. APB is a somewhat tanky game where a 2v1 situation usually guarantees the latter, lonely person's death. If needed, a mid-mission stage in APB lasts to plentiful 5 minutes.. Last stages could also last 10 and 15 minutes... there is plenty of respawns within these time frames and the bounty has 1 life in that state.. So if your entire team is bullied to the point where that bounty single-handedly "wrecks" your team's mission.. if your entire team can not deal with 1 bounty, the problem is then clearly in your team members underperforming and with performance like that, chances are you are going to lose the mission anyway. Don't blame the game for your own shortcomings and misplays.

if the bounty system is intended to balance players that are playing too good it fails - it also effects players that aren’t playing too good, or even good at all in some cases

if the bounty system is intended to enhance the open world feel it fails - a negligible difference in the open world feel at the cost of a negative impact on apb’s core gameplay

if the bounty system is intended to be an arbitrary chance for players to engage in high risk/high reward gameplay it fails - not providing a high enough reward to make facing up to 40 people on your own worthwhile 

im unclear on what else the bounty system could be intended for, please fill me in 

It doesn't fail at that balance because those lesser players could all target the bounty who is playing too good at once.. with APB's sub-par, high-ttk constraints, those aren't playing too good still have the advantage of outnumbering the bounty.. The system doesn't negatively affect these players as it is actually in their favor.

And disabling the system enhanced the open world feel...? It doesn't fail at enhancing the open world feel whatsoever. You say the difference is negligible but your view on the bounty system in its entirely stems from it being too frequent to your taste.. Kindly affirm your stance as you are contradicting yourself.

It doesn't fail at engaging in high risk/reward gameplay. Rewards stack as players continue to play so the bonus will be seen in the long run. One simply shouldn't expect $5,000 from a single kill or something ridiculous like that because 'people can shoot me in an open world PvP shooter mid-mission'... Buffing rewards is not difficult anyways as all it takes is some values to be changed in the game's code, so it isn't a valid point of failure. It is simply something to be tweaked like many other things in the game.

• Like 1

Jesus, this is pure cancer at this point. Bounty system wasn't made for the current game's state, devs didn't think 10 years ahead when players would be mastering the game. There are infinity situations where it would end up fcking you up. Matches aren't always unbalanced; sometimes you get good opp and this means the match will keep going until the last stage almost 100% of the time, getting N5/P5 can mean how it'll end and it's too RNG to be a decisive factor. 

Stop saying it is a balance factor, in this case bad matchmaking is what should you should be arguing about. You never doing well or getting close matches matches doesn't mean everyone is in the same situation, some people are actually getting close matches. I don't even fall into the "good player" category as you've said this entire thread, but still I get alot of those close matches. Also, can't see a reason why bounty wouldn't be a punishment for y'all too, unless you were playing all day on bronze servers to boost your ego.

Edited by zekter