TheHidden-Tember

The hell did you do to the bounty system

6 hours ago, swft said:

Can stomp you and anyone in this thread saying that Bounty was fine while soloing. Not a flex, just a statement. Any higher tier player will back me up in saying that the Bounty system is better now than it ever was.

I don't back you up on this, sorry. Also, why so totalitarian? Some people might like some stuff that others just don't while some other people will like different stuff. Let it be. Removing, deleting, erasing or blocking is never a good option. Changes are good instead, and besides how sketchy the bounty system is/was, any attempt to change it would've been better than just removing it, I'm talking about turning on bounty during a mission and being on risk of getting killed while at it with chances to also kill some randoms around.

3 hours ago, swft said:

Except we have overtime on a lot of final stages already. Overtime is much more predictable than getting killed by a random off-mission player while doing an objective since you can't see where they are but they can clearly see where you are. It's unpredictable, unreliable and ruined many missions for the sake of randomness and unwanted chaos. But sure man, get LO to implement this as a toggle to allow people to go P5/N5 and be affected by those firing at them, let's see the metrics on who will actually want this back, so you can finally quit this dumb argument that you already lost several pages back.

I think that's the challenge, knowing that everyone could come for you at any moment from any corner while you have tiny chances to survive, and some other factors that people here has been mentioning but that people like you that only wants their own reasons to be heard refuse to understand. My opinion is that people complaining so loud about this and any other mechanics clearly didn't understand how these works and never managed to handle it or attempted to play and learn which aspects of it are and advantage and a challenge against the disadvantages and risks.

Most funny part of turning on bounty was knowing someone could and indeed will do come for me to screw my mission or chase me down through the district. That along screwing any other "high tier" players abusing lowies, now you can't be a hero for your own faction players anymore.

Clearly people at LO haven't had a chance to play the game and get the experience of APB by themselves without "that kind" of players tutoring them, otherwise makes no sense to see so many people complaining about how they keep pushing changes that only that self-proclaimed-elite of players wants to have.

everybody say it with me one more time - “notoriety/prestige is not based solely on current mission performance, so it fails at being a balancing mechanic”

wasn’t that fun?

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You wanna learn to do the thing, you gotta practice doing the thing.

If all you wanna do is get better at surviving at bounty, then fine.

But if you wanna get better at the game you gotta play the game, homie.

yes

yes

and yes. 

I used to die almost immediately from a bounty from that pressure but now i can last a couple minutes under that pressure.

I have never made it to 5 minutes though especially when getting swarmed.

but that conditioning for the pressure of it has helped immensely for the rest of APB as well so I don't choke up as much from that pressure like other non gold people do

no pain no gain mentality

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

yes

yes

and yes. 

I used to die almost immediately from a bounty from that pressure but now i can last a couple minutes under that pressure.

I have never made it to 5 minutes though especially when getting swarmed.

but that conditioning for the pressure of it has helped immensely for the rest of APB as well so I don't choke up as much from that pressure like other non gold people do

no pain no gain mentality

The most important skills in APB are prediction and positioning, neither of which you can learn from bounty.

You are wasting your time.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

The most important skills in APB are prediction and positioning, neither of which you can learn from bounty.

You are wasting your time.

not a complete  waste.

being able to think and act under that kind of pressure is important as well

like knowing your surroundings and being able to work with it and also to keep moving and work with those areas as you go as well.

thinking on your feet is just as important - its how the military function and succeeds.

13 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

not a complete  waste.

being able to think and act under that kind of pressure is important as well

like knowing your surroundings and being able to work with it and also to keep moving and work with those areas as you go as well.

thinking on your feet is just as important - its how the military function and succeeds.

You do you, I'll stay gold.

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

everybody say it with me one more time - “notoriety/prestige is not based solely on current mission performance, so it fails at being a balancing mechanic”

wasn’t that fun?

Wait, so how else do you gain N/P because the fastest way from N4/P4 is by killing opponents while not dying... which has a massive effect on the mission performance by allowing your team to attack/defend the objective.

33 minutes ago, illgot said:

Wait, so how else do you gain N/P because the fastest way from N4/P4 is by killing opponents while not dying... which has a massive effect on the mission performance by allowing your team to attack/defend the objective.

It doesn't reset for every mission.

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It doesn't reset for every mission.

right, but you gain N/P by doing well in either objectives or killing while avoiding dying.  If you die a lot then you lose points quickly.  So, unless you are a crim mugging your way to N5, becoming P5/N5 is a direct result of doing well in a mission.  If you do too well then the bounty system used to be a balancing factor.

2 hours ago, Salvick said:

I don't back you up on this, sorry. Also, why so totalitarian? Some people might like some stuff that others just don't while some other people will like different stuff. Let it be. Removing, deleting, erasing or blocking is never a good option. Changes are good instead, and besides how sketchy the bounty system is/was, any attempt to change it would've been better than just removing it, I'm talking about turning on bounty during a mission and being on risk of getting killed while at it with chances to also kill some randoms around.

I think that's the challenge, knowing that everyone could come for you at any moment from any corner while you have tiny chances to survive, and some other factors that people here has been mentioning but that people like you that only wants their own reasons to be heard refuse to understand. My opinion is that people complaining so loud about this and any other mechanics clearly didn't understand how these works and never managed to handle it or attempted to play and learn which aspects of it are and advantage and a challenge against the disadvantages and risks.

Most funny part of turning on bounty was knowing someone could and indeed will do come for me to screw my mission or chase me down through the district. That along screwing any other "high tier" players abusing lowies, now you can't be a hero for your own faction players anymore.

Clearly people at LO haven't had a chance to play the game and get the experience of APB by themselves without "that kind" of players tutoring them, otherwise makes no sense to see so many people complaining about how they keep pushing changes that only that self-proclaimed-elite of players wants to have.

In that case, P5/N5 should've been something that you'd OPT-IN on, not something you achieve for doing well or just playing the game as you should. It makes no sense to punish someone for playing the game, that isn't a fair challenge, you're literally 1v40 (considering faction members won't kill you, which is what used to happen most of the time for obvious reasons) and you are visible on the mini-map at all times and you have an icon above your character. Now tell me, where's the challenge? The thrill of having to fight a bunch of people who aren't on your mission and also can spawn within a few meters of you after you've just killed them? That's not a challenge that's just masochism and you didn't even get properly rewarded for it LMFAO.

You can call it what you want but that was just a gimping mechanic, all it did was try to keep you down during the mission. You had no way to get rid of it by killing enemy players or whatever task the game could give you, you just had it until you died which was the point of it. When you have games like CoD that give you killstreak rewards for doing well, you have APB Reloaded that gives you a death sentence for doing (almost) the same thing, how awesome is that? Also, I absolutely hate CoD, so don't even mention that I should be playing it instead of APB on which I've spent 6000+ hours throughout 9 years.

On a side note: No, I'm not one that refuses to hear others opinions, it's just that my opinion on this matter is the correct one for the longevity and the "competitive" aspect of the game, whether you like it or not.

Edited by swft

16 minutes ago, illgot said:

then the bounty system used to be a balancing factor

That is its intent. We all agree on that.

What it actually does, isn't that.

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

There's like 300 people playing APB.

Which makes your argument all the more bizarre.

there were 600 before this mutilation done by people that NEVER understood APB.

congrats, 50% less in a month.

the goal of 100% out is near.

congrats also to supporters of this nice type of ideas (that neither play the game)

8 hours ago, swft said:

Overtime was added by G1 and Bounty has always existed since RTW, get your facts together if you're gonna argue with me.

How does that changes anything from what I have said regarding the bounty system?

10 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

There was surely a reason to add a bounty system on the first place. 

7 hours ago, swft said:

2. I'm putting it down with legitimate arguments about game balance. Yes, matchmaking isn't good but the Bounty system isn't supposed to be there to fix it, that was never the intent, I'm sure.

Says who? The way how it works says otherwise. Literally what it does is making you visible for everyone else when you are outperforming. It doesn't happen just at random. It is specifically designed in that particular way (unless you are going to tell me it was random at the beginning).

9 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Let's analysis the argument of the defenders:

-Highly skilled players get a bounty to balance the mission and give their opposition a chance

What it actually means:

-Balance is a lie. One death doesn't help out in a one-sided fight it simply prolongs it. However one death in a balanced mission can ruin and sway it towards one side

-The multiplier which was an actual reward (money/exp) hasn't been working properly for years so no actual gain except some pocket change

-Bounties can and do interfere just as much into completely unrelated missions possibly ruining balanced missions along the way

That last point is very important since we all actually agree that the most skilled players receive them more frequently so what is weighing more?

-Prolonging a one-sided mission for a bit?

-Ruining a balanced mission by becoming a bounty?

-Or several ruined missions by a bounty going on a rampage in the district (I remember a 17 kill-streak as a bounty and let me tell you the hate flowing in was like a tsunami, understandably)

So here we are again. Logic. The substance so many here seem to be resistant to.

Another page. Another repeat of the same bs ignoring any and every sound point brought up.

At this point it's insanity.

6 hours ago, swft said:

You can call it what you want but that was just a gimping mechanic, all it did was try to keep you down during the mission. You had no way to get rid of it by killing enemy players or whatever task the game could give you, you just had it until you died which was the point of it. 

That is not true.

34 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

That is not true.

Go on then, elaborate. Explain this amazing 2010 gameplay mechanic of getting bounty and having only 2 ways out: dying or lowering your prestige/notoriety by teamkilling or killing civillians as enforcer (assuming this still worked).

1 minute ago, swft said:

Go on then, elaborate. Explain this amazing 2010 gameplay mechanic of getting bounty and having only 2 ways out: dying or lowering your prestige/notoriety by teamkilling or killing civillians as enforcer (assuming this still worked).

So you start off by saying there is no way out but now you say there are 2 ways out AT BEST, fascinating...

Yes, killing Civilians still work. Why wouldn't it work? When did you last play the game to have this much doubt about losing prestige by killing civilians?

There are however more than just 2 ways. Way more..

Losing prestige is not a smart thing to do reward-wise but I will entertain your choice.

1 » You clearly like to have things easy so you should just be a Criminal as Criminals have it a little bit easier. Just run to a contact, bribe and go back to being a scummy-coward to the city.

2 » You shouldn't be an Enforcer in the first place if you like to have things easy, but there still exists a super-easy way if you are worthy of carrying a badge... Simply arrest someone then execute them. This is effective enough to push your prestige ALL THE WAY down to 4.0... Nice and simple. Your opposition might even thank you for speeding up their respawn times as well as not slowing down the match.

If you can't do that, then in addition to driving over civilians, any destructive action helps. A player will naturally destroy signs and fire hydrants as they drive over civilians which substantially lowers prestige.. Dear heavens, you can even lose prestige by being useful to your team through blowing up opposition vehicles during the mission itself, since the game doesn't care and will treat them as civilian cars (e.g to kill their spawner mods). After a mission, you can also deliver something to the vault if you wish to go all the way down to prestige 2.0 but at this point, that is not even remotely necessary.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

there were 600 before this mutilation done by people that NEVER understood APB.

congrats, 50% less in a month.

the goal of 100% out is near.

congrats also to supporters of this nice type of ideas (that neither play the game)

The game havent avg'd 600 players since January, 2019. Removing bounty isn't what "killed" apb, the game has been losing players since 2015.

Source

As stated earlier in this discussion; it is an unique system. I do totally agree with that.

If you get bounty once it doesn't mean your mission is lost. Your team is bigger than you, right? Saying that a bounty destroys the mission is the same as stating that if you die once your mission is fucked or is having 20 kills and 1 death that much of a shame? 

I believe the bounty system could be fine if the matchmaking is tweaked,because with more fair matches you won't get bounty every 5 min.

And no I don't see it as an punishment. Usually when I get a bounty it is because the other team is getting stomped anyway. I do agree that it could be tweaked like:

- better rewards;

- dying lowers your threath level further, so that you don't get it with 9 kills and 8 death because your threat was high already. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, PraiseTheSun said:

because with more fair matches you won't get bounty every 5 min.

Yeah. Tell them, because some people here have superiority complex or something. 

• Like 1

Also.. please us a different argument than saying it's unfair I get killed once after stomped the enemy team which gives the enemy a little chance of doing something besides respawning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zekter said:

The game havent avg'd 600 players since January, 2019. Removing bounty isn't what "killed" apb, the game has been losing players since 2015.

Source

And Neither went less 400, why you didnT correct the other nice forum user?

T. & H. spreads.....

Edited by Queen of Love
sdfkdshf

1 hour ago, Queen of Love said:

And Neither went less 400, why you didnT correct the other nice forum user?

T. & H. spreads.....

Do you want me to @ him so you can feel a little better? Grow up, all I'm stating is that the game was dying even before LO, not because of a patch. And @CookiePuss was probably talking about NA, which doesn't even avg. 250 players /week according to will.io ---can also be used for more numbers, since steamcharts only counts steam users, but will.io doesn't make the avg. /month only weekly numbers.

Edited by zekter
more info

14 hours ago, illgot said:

it’s entirely possible and common to do well in one mission, only to go n5/p5 in your next mission almost regardless of performance - you gain more notoriety/prestige for kills than you do for deaths, so unless you’re getting completely shut down with 0 kills you’ll inevitably pop a bounty

On 2/14/2020 at 12:17 AM, swft said:

In that case, P5/N5 should've been something that you'd OPT-IN on, not something you achieve for doing well or just playing the game as you should. It makes no sense to punish someone for playing the game, that isn't a fair challenge, you're literally 1v40 (considering faction members won't kill you, which is what used to happen most of the time for obvious reasons) and you are visible on the mini-map at all times and you have an icon above your character. Now tell me, where's the challenge? The thrill of having to fight a bunch of people who aren't on your mission and also can spawn within a few meters of you after you've just killed them? That's not a challenge that's just masochism and you didn't even get properly rewarded for it LMFAO.

You can call it what you want but that was just a gimping mechanic, all it did was try to keep you down during the mission. You had no way to get rid of it by killing enemy players or whatever task the game could give you, you just had it until you died which was the point of it. When you have games like CoD that give you killstreak rewards for doing well, you have APB Reloaded that gives you a death sentence for doing (almost) the same thing, how awesome is that? Also, I absolutely hate CoD, so don't even mention that I should be playing it instead of APB on which I've spent 6000+ hours throughout 9 years.

On a side note: No, I'm not one that refuses to hear others opinions, it's just that my opinion on this matter is the correct one for the longevity and the "competitive" aspect of the game, whether you like it or not.

I'll admit this reply of yours imo was nicer than others of this kind, till the part where you state, again, that your opinion is the correct for x aspect of the game.

Taking that into consideration, neither should I believe that I'm right with my ideas of this particular bounty system or any other features of the game, but while those of us who refuse to keep constantly seeing things being removed from the game are the ones showing a wide diversity of opinions, suggestions and ideas in regards of this topic, being actually impartial and open to hear other people's opinions, and expressing all sort of thoughts about this, I can't deny it gets my attention the pattern on these opinions that keep saying that the bounty system is a "punishment against competitive players".

Again, I'm not trying to say these opinions are plain wrong or that these players shouldn't give their opinion because they clearly does not understand anything about the game beyond the competitive aspects of it, besides these have a bunch that indeed says so about whoever does not support them. I'm just willing to see the game attracting a wider audience and actually managing to retain these players, so all my ideas are focused on fun and enjoyment of the game.

Being in total control of the game is an idea that only leads to frustration, because besides if players are high skilled or lowies all sort of factors will enter into consideration to grant a win or slap a loss on a players face. This argument to me sounds more like the one of someone who will go beyond the rules to achieve their goals, but that's a different topic to discuss.

My reward is having FUN, the challenge is to have FUN, and trying to adapt to the game design is indeed FUN. Suggestions and ideas to tweak or change some mechanics in order to improve the fun are healthy, the ones that attacks the core design of the game are not.

Instead, a punishment to me would be to have to play the same way every day, with the same 3 or 4 class weapons out of the whole bunch available, applying the same 2 or 3 valid tactics available to survive a match every time and forced to ignore the immersion of the game environment and features turning an open world scenario with full customization features and a wide range of weapons and items to setup my loadout just to please one single and monotonous play style. If I wanted that I'd stick to CS:GO playing Dust and Aztec all day.

Edited by Salvick
typos
  • Like 2