TheHidden-Tember

The hell did you do to the bounty system

13 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

oh noo high risk high reward, how hooorriiiblleee

19 hours ago, Solamente said:

doubling mission rewards isn't a high enough reward for potentially fighting 40 people for 10 mission stages, in the most extreme example

would you like to try again?

4 hours ago, Lato said:

This game being "unique" is whats killing it, the bounty system is a very stupid mechanic and NOT fun at all..who says otherwise is probably used to play in bronze district where you can get loads of easy kills, am i right Tember?

Yes please keep making these tiny but essential changes

I think you are the one who crying in bronze district. When random bounty killed you while taking care of bronzers.

38 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Bounty probably seems fine when you never get it yourself.

Lets not make assumptions here. I find it exciting when I get it. it puts me on the edge and is basically a bonus stage. Even dying as bounty doesn't feel that punishing because of being in disadvantage. 

Another thing is that I like hunting bounties too without having to be obligated with a mission. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 2:33 PM, Solamente said:

i won't disagree that there are a lot of reasons people quit but seeing as the game has been moved in a casual direction since day 1 of reloaded (looking at you, ttk decrease), and has pretty much failed every step of the way, i think its valid at this point to assume this direction is not working

which people would those be, because from my pov little orbit has been favoring casual players until just recently

shotgun rayscaling, hvr accuracy-based-damage, all 3 of the "new" weapons little orbit has added, and riot just to name a few examples, have all been geared towards a casual gameplay experience

perhaps we have a different definition of competitive vs casual balance

• to me competitive balance is when players have a large amount of control over their actions/reactions and are rewarded for making use of that control, there is no "forcing" everyone to play a certain way other than ensuring that as many factors as possible are as equal as possible
  • and casual balance is where a large amount of control is taken away from the player, rewards for making use of that control are arbitrary, and there's little to no thought given to equality

given that apb is an inherently pvp experience and its also theoretically supposed to be fun i support a more competitive balance direction, since imo losing due to factors outside of your control is rarely a fun experience - especially if it happens consistently 

a highly competitive setup is not impossible

will apb ever be as balanced as a static arena shooter where the only variables are each players' skill level?

probably not, but that doesn't mean we can't get close and it definitely doesn't mean we shouldn't try

i disagree, games like csgo and seige have kept and even grown their population years after their releases despite both being highly competitive shooters

the true barrier to new players coming in to highly competitive games "late" are tutorials and matchamaking imo

i fail to see how this has any bearing on apb

as mentioned above, siege remains a very popular shooter despite being even more of a "csgo clone" than apb could ever be

and by your logic gta online (the ultimate hyper casual open world shooter) already exists, so why continue pushing apb towards a casual direction either?

If there was one change, i wouldn't mind the TTK being increased slightly. I miss the old school shoot outs.

2 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

It also speaks that premade stompers only wants easy wins. That is why they are complaining about it so much.

Can stomp you and anyone in this thread saying that Bounty was fine while soloing. Not a flex, just a statement. Any higher tier player will back me up in saying that the Bounty system is better now than it ever was.

Edited by swft
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, swft said:

Can stomp you and anyone in this thread saying that Bounty was fine while soloing. Not a flex, just a statement. Any higher tier player will back me up in saying that the Bounty system is better now than it ever was.

So how does that makes a difference exactly? If you are too good for the opposition, you get bounty. Simple as that. Deal with it like a man.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

So how does that makes a difference exactly? If you are too good for the opposition, you get bounty. Simple as that. Deal with it like a man.

Why would I be punished because the matchmaking is faulty? Show me a game that does this and is successful.

EDIT: Also the game provides you with no way to get rid of the bounty, it's literally a punishment, the game wants you to die after you get it.

Edited by swft

8 minutes ago, swft said:

Why would I be punished because the matchmaking is faulty? Show me a game that does this and is successful.

Any game with overtime for example. 

It is a compensation for the faulty matchmaking. Now is even worse without it.

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Bounty probably seems fine when you never get it yourself.

Be P5N5 was my favourite reward.

Can we focus on how P5N5 was the only good thing for balance a "tryhards/cheaters vs humans" match?

i read that people complain about APB unique system was a reason for its debacle.

can you tell me why instead APB still have a population after 10 years if this unicity is so bad?

i guess the fact  is the opposite, the unicity keep game still running, and any changes for this nice and original open world features will kill it definetively.

Edited by Queen of Love
people is stupid.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

Be P5N5 was my favourite reward.

Can we focus on how P5N5 was the only good thing for balance a "tryhards/cheaters vs humans" match?

i read that people complain about APB unique system was a reason for its debacle.

can you tell me why instead APB still have a population after 10 years if this unicity is so bad?

i guess the fact  is the opposite, the unicity keep game still running, and any changes for this nice and original open world features will kill it definetively.

There's like 300 people playing APB.

Which makes your argument all the more bizarre.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

There's like 300 people playing APB.

Which makes your argument all the more bizarre.

Because removing it will surely make everyone coming back, right? 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Because removing it will surely make everyone coming back, right? 😂

Maybe you weren't paying attention, but he was saying bounty has kept the game alive, and that removing it is what will finally kill the game.

Readings is hard.

2 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Any game with overtime for example. 

It is a compensation for the faulty matchmaking. Now is even worse without it.

Except we have overtime on a lot of final stages already. Overtime is much more predictable than getting killed by a random off-mission player while doing an objective since you can't see where they are but they can clearly see where you are. It's unpredictable, unreliable and ruined many missions for the sake of randomness and unwanted chaos. But sure man, get LO to implement this as a toggle to allow people to go P5/N5 and be affected by those firing at them, let's see the metrics on who will actually want this back, so you can finally quit this dumb argument that you already lost several pages back.

Except we have overtime on a lot of final stages already. Overtime is much more predictable than getting killed by a random off-mission player while doing an objective since you can't see where they are but they can clearly see where you are. It's unpredictable, unreliable and ruined many missions for the sake of randomness and unwanted chaos. But sure man, get LO to implement this as a toggle to allow people to go P5/N5 and be affected by those firing at them, let's see the metrics on who will actually want this back, so you can finally quit this dumb argument that you already lost several pages back.

Having overtime doesn't necessarily means it is enough for this game. Some missions doesn't even have overtime.  

There was surely a reason to add a bounty system on the first place. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, swft said:

EDIT: Also the game provides you with no way to get rid of the bounty, it's literally a punishment, the game wants you to die after you get it.

So if you're up against someone your skill level, get bounty, its "punishment"? lol You have plenty of ways to get rid of it, unless a crim. Soooo

1 hour ago, swft said:

Not since they broke overtime it isnt. Now just assume you wont get overtime because you dont even while on point.

Bounty's exist on other games , however those other games do not let bounty's interfere with missions , but instead activate them out of missions.

As for some golds saying bounty's not fun .... a bounty is the best way apb currently has for a survival mission.

certain golds on this thread saying its too hard when they  slaughter everyone else makes it seem like they just want it easier for them. ( especially golds in bronze )

but like I have been saying , it would be nice if bounty's were able to be caught after missions , and that they do not interfere with missions

it would also be nice if there was more things to do out of missions , though i am unsure what exactly

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

Having overtime doesn't necessarily means it is enough for this game. Some missions doesn't even have overtime.  

There was surely a reason to add a bounty system on the first place. 

Overtime was added by G1 and Bounty has always existed since RTW, get your facts together if you're gonna argue with me. It was advertised as an "open-world" feature, but in reality it just never panned out to be what they envisioned back then.

Anyway, I'm yet to read a single convincing argument about why Bounty should be the way it was, you people just keep stating the same things:

- How uneven a match can be and how Bounty could "help" balance it out. (this is a lie, once the Bounty dies they go back to smashing you anyway, sure you could win 1 match but what about the other 10? also, you're still winning when you shouldn't be winning: matchmaking is at fault, not the players, so they shouldn't be wronged because the game has issues.)

- The fun element of becoming a bulls-eye to everyone in the district. (oh yeah, I forgot about the joy of being hunt down by everyone with no reward or benefit to anyone involved, my bad)

- If you're a good player you should be able to defeat everyone in the district that comes close to you even though everyone knows where you're at but you don't have any information on them. (sure sure)

- P5/N5 graphical popup instantly gives you an adrenaline boost when it gets displayed. (someone actually said something along these lines in this thread)

Please reflect about the bullshoot you are posting before actually pressing "Submit reply", specially since it really makes no sense to anyone but yourselves.

- The fun element of becoming a bulls-eye to everyone in the district. (oh yeah, I forgot about the joy of being hunt down by everyone with no reward or benefit to anyone involved, my bad)

you do get extra cash payouts as well as an ego boost if you do well.

but yeah some of you just like it easier and put people down for not thinking the same.

and yes i do enjoy getting a bounty on me during mission so i have more to shoot at

some of us liked the chaos open conflict district we had where everyone was red on the opposite faction and theres a thread on it from back when we had it.

27 minutes ago, swft said:

Overtime was added by G1 and Bounty has always existed since RTW, get your facts together if you're gonna argue with me. It was advertised as an "open-world" feature, but in reality it just never panned out to be what they envisioned back then.

Anyway, I'm yet to read a single convincing argument about why Bounty should be the way it was, you people just keep stating the same things:

- How uneven a match can be and how Bounty could "help" balance it out. (this is a lie, once the Bounty dies they go back to smashing you anyway, sure you could win 1 match but what about the other 10? also, you're still winning when you shouldn't be winning: matchmaking is at fault, not the players, so they shouldn't be wronged because the game has issues.)

- If you're a good player you should be able to defeat everyone in the district that comes close to you even though everyone knows where you're at but you don't have any information on them. (sure sure)

- P5/N5 graphical popup instantly gives you an adrenaline boost when it gets displayed. (someone actually said something along these lines in this thread)

Please reflect about the bullshoot you are posting before actually pressing "Submit reply", specially since it really makes no sense to anyone but yourselves.

Let's analysis the argument of the defenders:

-Highly skilled players get a bounty to balance the mission and give their opposition a chance

What it actually means:

-Balance is a lie. One death doesn't help out in a one-sided fight it simply prolongs it. However one death in a balanced mission can ruin and sway it towards one side

-The multiplier which was an actual reward (money/exp) hasn't been working properly for years so no actual gain except some pocket change

-Bounties can and do interfere just as much into completely unrelated missions possibly ruining balanced missions along the way

That last point is very important since we all actually agree that the most skilled players receive them more frequently so what is weighing more?

-Prolonging a one-sided mission for a bit?

-Ruining a balanced mission by becoming a bounty?

-Or several ruined missions by a bounty going on a rampage in the district (I remember a 17 kill-streak as a bounty and let me tell you the hate flowing in was like a tsunami, understandably)

So here we are again. Logic. The substance so many here seem to be resistant to.

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 1

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

you do get extra cash payouts as well as an ego boost if you do well.

but yeah some of you just like it easier and put people down for not thinking the same.

and yes i do enjoy getting a bounty on me during mission so i have more to shoot at

some of us liked the chaos open conflict district we had where everyone was red on the opposite faction and theres a thread on it from back when we had it.

1. You never got decent rewards for being P5/N5, the killer did get a bit of cash which makes it way more worth to them than to the Bounty. (this makes no sense, if the bounty is getting punished, then at least they should give them more rewards per kill than what they used to.)

2. I'm putting it down with legitimate arguments about game balance. Yes, matchmaking isn't good but the Bounty system isn't supposed to be there to fix it, that was never the intent, I'm sure.

3. You don't play the game to win, you play it for fun, which explains why you'd think the Bounty system was fine. What I'm saying is, I just want fair matches that depend more on skill than gimmicks. I know that missions aren't fair because they are asymmetrical and because of the RNG of the location where it's played at, no need to tell me about it, but fixing things like this is what can make us veterans stick and not ditch the game like others did and will.

4. You're literally just being nostalgic, not rational, about the open conflict district which mostly had a collective 10 players in them and most were green-bronze players that entered it by mistake.

Its worth mentioning that if you are getting bounty in bronze, its probably time to start playing in silver.

Sure bounty is fun when you just run around punching babies, now try it against big boy gamers.

16 minutes ago, swft said:

You don't play the game to win, you play it for fun, which explains why you'd think the Bounty system was fine

if you mean me in particular , ive  said it would be nice if it didn't interfere with missions but that i understood why those in bronze wanted it still.

with phasing and matchmaking coming soon ( hopefully ) the old bounty system just isnt good to keep.

middle ground is needed not the way it is now and certainly not like we had before.

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Its worth mentioning that if you are getting bounty in bronze, its probably time to start playing in silver.

Sure bounty is fun when you just run around punching babies, now try it against big boy gamers.

ram raiding. then i wait for the fun  of being swarmed ( or even provoke people )

i miss that open conflict we had

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

if you mean me in particular , ive  said it would be nice if it didn't interfere with missions but that i understood why those in bronze wanted it still.

with phasing and matchmaking coming soon ( hopefully ) the old bounty system just isnt good to keep.

middle ground is needed not the way it is now and certainly not like we had before.

ram raiding. then i wait for the fun  of being swarmed ( or even provoke people )

i miss that open conflict we had

Imagine spending 30+ minutes ram raiding to N5 just to die in 30 seconds.

You ARE a special one indeed.

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Imagine spending 30+ minutes ram raiding to N5 just to die in 30 seconds.

You ARE a special one indeed.

yup thats me lol but its still fun to try getting better this way

12 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

yup thats me lol but its still fun to try getting better this way

You wanna learn to do the thing, you gotta practice doing the thing.

If all you wanna do is get better at surviving at bounty, then fine.

But if you wanna get better at the game you gotta play the game, homie.