TheHidden-Tember

The hell did you do to the bounty system

14 minutes ago, Flight said:

Just to clarify: this is not a thing.

If you saw proof of this I am afraid that you might have fallen for a good old meme.

In other news - we very much appreciate the discussions ongoing in this thread, especially the civilized ones. It's often difficult to pose questions of what people believe APB to be and what they believe it should be. While the producers have a vision, feedback and perspectives from all walks of life is always appreciated.

then why is there actaully videos of him on YouTube, And proof of him being banned, for unlimited time, Yet hes walking between the crowd of active players tho, Second people investigated it, and saw the actaully transaction going on between The previous devs and flaws itself. Look i don't care about it him at all, But if theres actaully proof of it, And people are already posting it social media, I would be worried about it, Since basicily its a free pass for every cheater out there, Not to mention the By pass of edit configs are being supported by devs aswel. as an exuse to make the game run smoother and stable, (Instead of allowing the engine run on more cores then just a single one (Wich was easy to fix)  so i wouldn't be suprice if the rumor was actaully an fact.

8 minutes ago, Drastical91 said:

then why is there actaully videos of him on YouTube, And proof of him being banned, for unlimited time, Yet hes walking between the crowd of active players tho, Second people investigated it, and saw the actaully transaction going on between The previous devs and flaws itself.

All bans placed under FairFight were reversed in 2018. Unbans did not come at a cost.

You can read all of the details on the old blog here: https://apbreloaded.blogspot.com/2018/06/june-2018-anti-cheat-update.html

9 minutes ago, Drastical91 said:

Not to mention the By pass of edit configs are being supported by devs aswel. as an exuse to make the game run smoother and stable, (Instead of allowing the engine run on more cores then just a single one (Wich was easy to fix)  so i wouldn't be suprice if the rumor was actaully an fact.

These issues are being addressed with the engine upgrade. How that is related to your original statements goes beyond me, but feel free to privately message me and we can discuss 🙂

10 hours ago, Tigrix said:

You're contradicting yourself imo.
At one side, you'd like the game to be highly competitively balanced and ensure that players have a lot of control over losing and winning.

-snip-

I agree 100% 

Punishing players for playing well isn't a good system. enough said

32 minutes ago, Boxo said:

tell this to players with "funny" score of 0.0.23 versus gold tryhards.

p5N5 was the real balance (that no one other game had) between Ultrastrong and normal player.

10 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

tell this to players with "funny" score of 0.0.23 versus gold tryhards.

p5N5 was the real balance (that no one other game had) between Ultrastrong and normal player.

45 minutes ago, Boxo said:

3 hours ago, Solamente said:

but tweaking mission stages to be fairer for both sides or ensuring objectives don’t spawn in areas with zero cover or adding alternate movement paths through the map is not going to magically ruin the game

Ok fair enough. However I don't really consider removing the bounty system completely as a tweak. If it was reworked in a good way - sure. But removing it without providing alternative is just taking away from the game content. 

yes, I know it is not a permanent thing but my issue is that there isn't going to be reworked anytime soon and it will just stay disabled indefinitely. 

• Like 1

personaly i would like to see a new system brought in with the bounty system. wil it owrk that needs to be tested but removing the bounty system is just removing part of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen of Love said:

😄 

(my currently is 0.2.20) (even in social)

sounds like a you problem.

Edited by Boxo

4 hours ago, Flight said:

Just to clarify: this is not a thing.

If you saw proof of this I am afraid that you might have fallen for a good old meme.

Prior to Little Orbit, players involved in the free Tiggs box scandal were allowed to pay money for the boxes opened in order to get their accounts unbanned. In some cases this amounted to hundreds of dollars.

Same happened with the players who bought cheap packs from third party sites.

Though undoing a ban for cheating (in exchange for money) is something Ive not heard of.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

Do you know how it feels to carry a team since they can't fight against the average players and then being killed on the last 10 seconds by a random silver with a star losing the mission, Because of a smart system that makes you vulnerable against everyone? No then don't speak its not only to punish good players but also players that carry there teams.

Edited by Gateron

5 hours ago, Drastical91 said:

its Competvive asf, Why you think theres gold,Bronze Rookie,trainer Silver treaths, It classifies wich rank they are, Hella heck is Competvive, Its not only for match making, If you think a shooter insn't competitive i wouldnt know what else would be in your eyes.

And the match making of today, With gold VS Bronze does kill the game, Infact The population goes down.... I wonder why…. perhabs things were promised couple times now, And people do not see the actaully promised progress that has been made years ago, Yes the game has now new hoster and owners, But it doesnt mean the problem doesnt exists.

Read my posts, I know that the game is competitive, I was arguing with op

Edited by Lign

So far around here Tigrix replies were some of the better elaborated ones. Also it bugs me that people keeps calling it a "punishment" instead of seeing it as a "challenge". That's a contradiction, talking about competitiveness and how their competitive expertise should be the only heard side in regards of things that should be changed, then claiming that there are things they can't handle because these are "punishing" their high skilled gameplay style so should be removed.

Surprising also how all out of the sudden forum accounts with less than 200 or 100 posts are now coming to claim they are so happy with this change...guess they are part of that circle of friends talking about this every day but...where they were all this years then? Don't take offense by this, but I can only suspect that such activity is unusual.

Also stating that threat has something to do with skills or competitiveness of APB is hilarious, people with basic skills can hit gold easily. High skilled players with high latency can't keep their consistency playing against players from the same region of the server. Threat can be exploited so very experienced players dethreat to silver and even bronze every day. How could this threat system mean anything at all to anyone?

Mixed opinions given, some might want to play 4vs4 all day every day, with no bounty system, no lower threat players in their matchmaking pool and no explosives weapons, grenades or silly-yet-so-fun car mods and such. Many others would like to play the game as it is, with minor key balances and more additions to get wider options to choose a play style even if it is something silly as going out as a punk looking criminal with a bazzooka and a carbomb or a one man army vigilante with a machinegun and spy radars, spotter and any other intel gear available on a huge mayhem 8v8 missions or even more if possible, driving around with their big trucks, classic muscle cars and sport speed vehicles, drive-bying, ramming everyone, jumping out of the car shooting like crazy and rushing the objectives or holding positions to stop their opposition at all cost...

...at the end, it seems there's a kind that is was having fun all this time not matter what, and there's another kind that only cares about themselves and their score willing to remove from their missions anyone else that doesn't adapt to their game style and taking the bitter taste of the game as it is unless they can get an isolated playfield exclusively for themselves.

Maybe its time to remove the prototype / open conflict districts and make a "Competitive Distritc" ruleset with only Ntecs, Shotguns, Carbines and HVR with no other game mechanics than missions and only Nulander Pioneer/Seiyo Spacio and Vegas cars allowed and stop changing stuff in the actual game for the rest of the players that quit playing and wish they could return some day, probably restoring everything that used to make this game so fun as it used to be back when there wasn't this "competitive" hype intoxicating the whole community and developers/staff.

Let me clarify, competitive aspects are fun, playing competitive is fun, but each game at their essence might have it or not, and APB doesn't, it allows it, but is not on its heart at all, this game is about something else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

Also it bugs me that people keeps calling it a "punishment" instead of seeing it as a "challenge". That's a contradiction, talking about competitiveness and how their competitive expertise should be the only heard side in regards of things that should be changed, then claiming that there are things they can't handle because these are "punishing" their high skilled gameplay style so should be removed.

it is a challenge, but a challenge is not an inherently positive concept so this word distinction isn’t really relevant 

imo when a challenge is impossible, is not correctly applied, and provides no benefit,  it becomes a negative action (punishment)

n5/p5 puts the player at an extreme disadvantage that is theoretically infinite; there is no mechanic that allows a player to continue normal mission gameplay without their bounty constantly interfering until they die, and yet there is also no sufficient reward for doing so

and (for like the 15th time in this thread i think) the bounty system may have been intended to be placed on players doing exceptionally well but in practice it doesn’t actually limit itself like that, it’s entirely possible to go n5/p5 with even average or subpar performance in your current mission 

4 hours ago, Solamente said:

it is a challenge, but a challenge is not an inherently positive concept so this word distinction isn’t really relevant 

imo when a challenge is impossible, is not correctly applied, and provides no benefit,  it becomes a negative action (punishment)

n5/p5 puts the player at an extreme disadvantage that is theoretically infinite; there is no mechanic that allows a player to continue normal mission gameplay without their bounty constantly interfering until they die, and yet there is also no sufficient reward for doing so

and (for like the 15th time in this thread i think) the bounty system may have been intended to be placed on players doing exceptionally well but in practice it doesn’t actually limit itself like that, it’s entirely possible to go n5/p5 with even average or subpar performance in your current mission 

To be fair, good compensation would be winning the mission or whatever and getting the 2.0x bonus to rewards. I was appalled when I found out it didnt count years ago, but soon after forgot lol.

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

To be fair, good compensation would be winning the mission or whatever and getting the 2.0x bonus to rewards. I was appalled when I found out it didnt count years ago, but soon after forgot lol.

doubling mission rewards isn't a high enough reward for potentially fighting 40 people for 10 mission stages, in the most extreme example

not to mention if you don't complete the mission you get essentially no rewards for being n5/p5 no matter how well you performed while you had it

On 2/9/2020 at 8:44 PM, zekter said:

Come on, we have fully customizable characters/cars, a whole symbol system which you can make almost everyhing, theme creation with pretty advanced stuff and much more. Bounty doesn't make the game unique

All those have nothing to do with the actual gameplay (aka the gunplay). For instance, my brother introduced me to this game many years ago, mainly for its customization features. He ended up quitting due to the gunplay being both generic and unbalanced as all hell. I stayed, for a multitude of reasons, but my point is that the thing that will keep players is the actual gameplay, not the customization. Not only that, but I was talking about how the gunplay was made more generic as a result of this change...ik i didn't say that specifically but it was implied...so I have no idea why you're bringing up customization, cause that's 2 completely different things.

Bounty made this game less generic, as you'd be able to intefere with peoples' missions in the open world, if they start to pop off. This is a pretty unique feature, which I haven't ever seen in any open-world online game.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:44 PM, zekter said:

all it did was annoy people doing their missions.

Yes, bounty is annoying. Do you think I don't know that? But, it kept some form of balance, cause usually you'd get it if you are popping off. And if you're playing pretty regular, it takes a while to accumulate N5/P5. I thought it was necessary for a game like this.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:45 PM, Fortune Runner said:

do not forget it was also stated it was still being worked on.

which means they wanted community input on if more should be done or not which is why i said  :

which would give us all a better balance without interfering with missions - and yes it does interfere with missions , although i personally didn't mind having a survival mission go off.

I haven't been following the game very closely as of late, and I kinda skimmed through this thread, so my apologies. I do hope that they can find some sort of middle-ground then, to keep everyone happy.

ALSO:

Ik this is a late-patootie reply, u don't have to tell me lol

Edited by Goldtiger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

I haven't been following the game very closely as of late, and I kinda skimmed through this thread, so my apologies. I do hope that they can find some sort of middle-ground then, to keep everyone happy.

ALSO:

Ik this is a late-patootie reply, u don't have to tell me lol

3 days is not that late to me since some people have work projects they leave town and travel for like construction jobs do.

and yes some middle ground on bountys would be nice because right now it mostly does nothing but gives a little extra cash and those of us who  took pride in bounty hunting are high and dry

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Solamente said:

doubling mission rewards isn't a high enough reward for potentially fighting 40 people for 10 mission stages, in the most extreme example

not to mention if you don't complete the mission you get essentially no rewards for being n5/p5 no matter how well you performed while you had it

oh noo high risk high reward, how hooorriiiblleee

• Like 2

@Solamente Take it from someone who has tried. Don''t bother. Pretty much all people with reasoning have left those threads. You will only meet the ignorant fools that shout the same bs over and over again followed by a circle jerk making them believe that they are in the right because no one opposes them anymore when in fact they have been disproved time and time again until people just stopped caring. Your words will be twisted no matter how reasonable. Just don't bother.

Btw.

CS:GO broke its former record and reached a peak playerbase over 900k this month. Former record was 850k in April 2016 during the first 1million$ major.

While certainly in decline (Fortnite boom and predictable swings/drops) it was comparatively still doing better than other competitors (PUBG/Dota2) in the market and in a healthy position.

Back in dec 6th 2018 when it went f2p which is anything but recently in the video game industry it gained 200k reaching 750k peak players. 

After that it lost most of those peak players (down to 580k after 6months) keeping yet again comparatively more average players (competitive long term players stay while the casual mass leaves).

Should also be noted that peak was never CS:GOs strong suit. It always shined with far above average of industry standard in 'Avg. Players to Peak Players'.

Just shows that it is the epitome of competitiveness out there.

But you know facts and data aren't to welcome in these threads. People prefer to draw random conclusions from things they don know anything about.

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 2

This game being "unique" is whats killing it, the bounty system is a very stupid mechanic and NOT fun at all..who says otherwise is probably used to play in bronze district where you can get loads of easy kills, am i right Tember?

Yes please keep making these tiny but essential changes

• Like 2

Funny to see that only lower tier players think the Bounty system was fine... Think it speaks for it self. /thread

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swft said:

Funny to see that only lower tier players think the Bounty system was fine... Think it speaks for it self. /thread

It also speaks that premade stompers only wants easy wins. That is why they are complaining about it so much.

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 4