TheHidden-Tember

The hell did you do to the bounty system

4 minutes ago, Westford said:

If the N5/P5 Icon would NOT appear, that would be helpful.

In these instances, they do appear, so , not very helpful.

These players have the "Appearance of N5/P5" as it has always been.

The only difference is, they take no damage.

Confusing ... ?

Yeah...

it's only confusing to you because you're used to the old even worse system, and now you know better

i'm willing to bet you're in a very small minority that doesn't operate based on red/green nametags or crosshairs

edit: i guess i should add that i don't have any issue with the icon not appearing, it just seems like a really small nitpick to me when you would have had the same issue under the old system where friendlies had n5/p5 icons as well

Edited by Solamente

On 2/9/2020 at 9:55 PM, Flaws said:

Even if you look at the bounty icon first, you can easily see what color the name is as it's literally right below it...

Either way, neither me nor anyone I know has any issue with that but making the icon not visible to people out of your mission would be fine too. Makes no difference if you pay attention.

Hmm, an interesting point.

This, I did not know.

Things have changed, and I need to take note.

Thank you.

This is helpful.

On 2/9/2020 at 9:56 PM, Solamente said:

it's only confusing to you because you're used to the old even worse system, and now you know better

i'm willing to bet you're in a very small minority that doesn't operate based on red/green nametags or crosshairs

edit: i guess i should add that i don't have any issue with the icon not appearing, it just seems like a really small nitpick to me when you would have had the same issue under the old system where friendlies had n5/p5 icons as well

If only this little "tid-bit" was shared with us all.

I was not aware of this.

Documentation, Patch Notes , I should have read.

It escaped me.

Thanks for clarifying.

Merged.

Sooo,

What colors ares the name tags of someone that has an N5/P5 Icon above them ?

Red - Vunerable ?

Yellow = ?

any other colors ?

I did not see any mention of this before.

Sorry.

Merged.

What, the discussion has ended ?

All I ask is for some clarification after my observations have been proven lack of knowledge.

Help a "brother" out, and other unknowing players.

We can't just "lambast" someone without providing guidance and clarification.

Or can we ?

How does it now work ?

Link to Patch notes I would read.

Is this game being run by certain blackhood tryhards nowdays ? 

All the changes seem to go 1 direction >>>
Play ntec, don't use cars, don't use grenades unless its anti-car grenades, don't use explosives, don't use autoshotguns, don't use fun and different mods from rest of the playerbase, you need to use the same generic setup that the tryhards use 24/7.

I have a feeling that the new LO staff is listening WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much to a VERY VERY SMALL core of players that have a VERY specific playstyle they wanna force everyone else to follow.
And SADLY so far LO is listening every step of the way and slowly changing the game to become so friggin' bland and boring, everyone have to use the same setup and "everything else is lame, so we nerf it".

Why the fuck is explosives "easier" than ntec lazers ? LOL .. cmon if explosives was more powerful, then by default EVERYONE would run around using explosives, because people always use majority of whats most powerful (CA3 anyone? spotter mod? ntecs?)

Yet LO keeps listening to these few few (and multiple times banned veterans?) that want them to shape the game only by how they play it.

It's a shame, because the game is already dwindling and somehow they think that forcing the rest of the playerbase to all play the same, will make the game thrive and grow... lol, yeh wait and see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Westford said:

Sooo,

What colors ares the name tags of someone that has an N5/P5 Icon above them ?

Red - Vunerable ?

Yellow = ?

any other colors ?

I did not see any mention of this before.

Sorry.

provided you or the n5/p5 player is on a mission

the previous system:

• n5 player and you are an enforcer/p5 player and you are a criminal - a yellow nametag, a yellow star on the minimap, and a red crosshair when aimed at
  • n5 player and you are a criminal - a yellow nametag, a yellow star on the minimap, and a green crosshair when aimed at
  • p5 player and you are an enforcer - a green nametag, a green star on the minimap, and a green crosshair when aimed at
    • all n5/p5 players can be interacted with 

the new system:

• a grey nametag, no star on the minimap, and a white crosshair when aimed at
    • no n5/p5 players can be interacted with

its far simpler imo

3 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Why the fuck is explosives "easier" than ntec lazers ? LOL .. cmon if explosives was more powerful

easier does not always mean more powerful

Edited by Solamente
edit/merged

14 hours ago, Donjae said:

the new bounty system are bless .

before people out side the mission was can kill you and you can loss you mission only cos someone outside your mission .

but in this new bounty system people only in your mission against you can kill you as bounty and they will get more money as reward .

like this for me its good way to fix the bounty system .

u cant be punished cos your good and that fix it 

its not good enough.

if the mission is over and they still have a bounty it should be up for grabs by anyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

provided you or the n5/p5 player is on a mission

the previous system:

• n5 player and you are an enforcer/p5 player and you are a criminal - a yellow nametag, a yellow star on the minimap, and a red crosshair when aimed at
  • n5 player and you are a criminal - a yellow nametag, a yellow star on the minimap, and a green crosshair when aimed at
  • p5 player and you are an enforcer - a green nametag, a green star on the minimap, and a green crosshair when aimed at
    • all n5/p5 players can be interacted with 

the new system:

• a grey nametag, no star on the minimap, and a white crosshair when aimed at
    • no n5/p5 players can be interacted with

This helps.

Thanks for the explanation.

I personally think the bounty changes are stupid. It was one of the things that made this game unique, and like you said, this change they made basically removed it, lol. All it did was make this game even more generic. I hope they decide to reverse it in the future.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

I personally think the bounty changes are stupid. It was one of the things that made this game unique, and like you said, this change they made basically removed it, lol. All it did was make this game even more generic. I hope they decide to reverse it in the future.

I don't know how you guys says that removing a broken mechanic which was pure rng is making the game more "generic". Come on, we have fully customizable characters/cars, a whole symbol system which you can make almost everyhing, theme creation with pretty advanced stuff and much more. Bounty doesn't make the game unique, all it did was annoy people doing their missions.

Edited by displacement
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Flaws said:

No good players who take the game competitively use cheap tactics against newbies. Those are the exact same people who dethreat to bronze district (not necessarily, but that kind of mentality). Real good players are much more likely to go secondary only against proper newbies than use cheap tactics. The players you speak of are not the players I speak of when we say "competitive". I speak of the players who quit the game for the day if they don't get opp that is equal/around that level of skill within the first 10 missions. Competitive players have 0 interest in farming new players, they get nothing out of it. Fake golds farm new players, because it makes them feel good at the game and it feeds their ego. You speak of the latter and they do drive players away indeed, but nothing drives players away more than the matchmaking system because the matchmaking system can give players a whole variety of reasons to dislike playing the game. They might think everyone is cheating (as we know, that's extremely common even nowadays where cheaters are mostly extinct), they might think it is too late for them to get into the game, being 10 years late or they might just hate the matchmaking like everyone else does and so on.

While I agree that they aren't "good" players, that doesn't mean that they don't have good mechanical skill and god tier awareness and coordination, let alone a competitive mindset nor wish to play competitively. I just call them competitive because to "win" is their end goal, and they do so by -any- means. Quite frankly I wouldn't even know who to call "competitive" on Jericho by your standards. Maybe EU is a bit different in those terms.

Matchmaking does cause problems though I agree, however there's little means in terms of fixing it until they can pretty much force cross district matchmaking.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

5 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

1 hour ago, displacement said:

I don't know how you guys says that removing a broken mechanic which was pure rng is making the game more "generic". Come on, we have fully customizable characters/cars, a whole symbol system which you can make almost everyhing, theme creation with pretty advanced stuff and much more. Bounty doesn't make the make unique, all it did was annoy people doing their missions.

do not forget it was also stated it was still being worked on.

which means they wanted community input on if more should be done or not which is why i said  :

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

its not good enough.

if the mission is over and they still have a bounty it should be up for grabs by anyone.

which would give us all a better balance without interfering with missions - and yes it does interfere with missions , although i personally didn't mind having a survival mission go off.

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

While I agree that they aren't "good" players, that doesn't mean that they don't have good mechanical skill and god tier awareness and coordination, let alone a competitive mindset nor wish to play competitively. I just call them competitive because to "win" is their end goal, and they do so by -any- means. Quite frankly I wouldn't even know who to call "competitive" on Jericho by your standards. Maybe EU is a bit different in those terms.

Matchmaking does cause problems though I agree, however there's little means in terms of fixing it until they can pretty much force cross district matchmaking.

I figured that might have something to do with EU vs NA. As far as I know, most of the "good" players on Jericho just play like total scum most of the time. We don't consider those competitive players on EU, just fake golds, regardless of their win ratio. We have fastly different standards here and it's likely one of the many reasons we still have more players too.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 3:44 AM, displacement said:

I don't know how you guys says that removing a broken mechanic which was pure rng is making the game more "generic".

it is not broken just because you did not like it.

Merged.

players are talking about todays mechanics and how it affects them but all i am seeing is golds say they do not like it when they are not wearing the shoes of bronzes and silvers who are crushed by gold dethreaters , and this being the only way to have a fair fight

however focusing on " tomorrows " phasing  , this would no longer be needed as it was , and is a step in the right direction to not interfere with matches

phasing and matchmaking  being done is supposed to give us a better chance at a fair fight , and the  bounty mechanics of yesterday would unbalance the match.

I feel everyone missed this crucial point that this is needed for " tomorrows " phasing plans , and because of it a change is needed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

it is not broken just because you did not like it.

Yes, it actually is broken - not just from an opinion based balance perspective.

Early days the multiplier was applied to the end of the mission rewards so ending a mission on N5/P5 was big money/exp.

At some point it got intentionally/unintentionally (who knows with G1) screwed and only applied to the direct kill rewards which are like an extra 10$ per kill so w/e.

That is why I'm so annoyed about people defending it. They don't even know what they are talking about.

40 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Yes, it actually is broken - not just from an opinion based balance perspective.

Early days the multiplier was applied to the end of the mission rewards so ending a mission on N5/P5 was big money/exp.

At some point it got intentionally/unintentionally (who knows with G1) screwed and only applied to the direct kill rewards which are like an extra 10$ per kill so w/e.

That is why I'm so annoyed about people defending it. They don't even know what they are talking about.

my posts were meant to be one post.

Ive said before how it would be nice if it didn't interfere with missions.

16 hours ago, Flaws said:

I figured that might have something to do with EU vs NA. As far as I know, most of the "good" players on Jericho just play like total scum most of the time. We don't consider those competitive players on EU, just fake golds, regardless of their win ratio. We have fastly different standards here and it's likely one of the many reasons we still have more players too.

Pretty much. I know I and maybe a handful of others don't camp items etc, and only pull some of the stuff that occurs in game -after- the enemy pulls it first for justification. I call em fake golds as well, but they are rather toxic (i can be at times though as well hehe). I do have an EU char or two, but i've never bothered playing it too much cause of latency. I might have to try again.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

24 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Pretty much. I know I and maybe a handful of others don't camp items etc, and only pull some of the stuff that occurs in game -after- the enemy pulls it first for justification. I call em fake golds as well, but they are rather toxic (i can be at times though as well hehe). I do have an EU char or two, but i've never bothered playing it too much cause of latency. I might have to try again.

The past months/weeks when Citadel was hosted in NY I've been playing a lot with the characters I have and I honestly found it so easy that it was boring to play there, even against some pre-made groups of max rank golds, the kind that plays 24/7, there was not even a single match I felt like a real challenge at all tbh. And I'm an average to say the best. Probably they'll say it was because of their lag, but had like  +155ms so that's no excuse to me.

However, the only part of RTW and lately G1 to blame has been always the european team, that part of the staff has been always acting with clear favoritism for Obeya/Patriot players leaving Colby/Joker with no admins to help with moderation and the ones to thank for every official contest they hosted that was actually rigged while mostly Eu players won every time disregarding the ugly stuff they picked up like in example for the Joker Store. And their players have been always the most toxic ones in the forums too, a few of them still are, only a couple of Colby players were more toxic than anyone.

But in my personal experience playing on NA servers all this time it have been always an abandoned server and due to "any decent human being from any part of the globe standards", playing a game where the management doesn't care about their customers and players does not worth the time, effort and money.

And LO clearly knows to aim to the right target of people that would keep spending money on a broken dead game that is +10 years old, the same people that complains about the game being broken and claims to be the right ones to tell how this game should work with their expertise on requesting the removal of every feature they don't like.

I still like LO, as I see it Matt and his team are doing their best effort to please everyone but they have to focus on retaining the current players as much as possible till they release the new contacts and launch a proper advertising campaign. I admire them for these efforts dodging the bullet for so long now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Salvick said:

only a couple of Colby players were more toxic than anyone.

laughs in colby subforums

On 2/9/2020 at 10:15 PM, Tigrix said:

Is this game being run by certain blackhood tryhards nowdays ? 

All the changes seem to go 1 direction >>>
Play ntec, don't use cars, don't use grenades unless its anti-car grenades, don't use explosives, don't use autoshotguns, don't use fun and different mods from rest of the playerbase, you need to use the same generic setup that the tryhards use 24/7.

I have a feeling that the new LO staff is listening WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much to a VERY VERY SMALL core of players that have a VERY specific playstyle they wanna force everyone else to follow.
And SADLY so far LO is listening every step of the way and slowly changing the game to become so friggin' bland and boring, everyone have to use the same setup and "everything else is lame, so we nerf it".

Why the fuck is explosives "easier" than ntec lazers ? LOL .. cmon if explosives was more powerful, then by default EVERYONE would run around using explosives, because people always use majority of whats most powerful (CA3 anyone? spotter mod? ntecs?)

Yet LO keeps listening to these few few (and multiple times banned veterans?) that want them to shape the game only by how they play it.

It's a shame, because the game is already dwindling and somehow they think that forcing the rest of the playerbase to all play the same, will make the game thrive and grow... lol, yeh wait and see.

4 hours ago, RCooper said:

Stop trying to make apb csgo v2 for the love of god

so precisely put! I hope matt does read forum posts like this ones too

• Like 1

just a word.

TOTALY RUINED !

the system now is useless, stupid, senseless.

re-patch as APB was, please.  Only who never played apb could  had this """intelligent""" idea..

i don’t really understand why pushing apb towards a more competitive gameplay experience is a bad thing, we’ve desperately tried the casual approach for almost a decade now and all we have to show for it is lower population than ever 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i don’t really understand why pushing apb towards a more competitive gameplay experience is a bad thing, we’ve desperately tried the casual approach for almost a decade now and all we have to show for it is lower population than ever 

This, the game is filled with gimmicks for casual players, it actually hurts the game because they really mess up with the core balance. Oh, and it also drives new players away.

22 minutes ago, Solamente said:

What a heap of *...., to put it as politely as I can 🙂

The game is 10 years old, it's lower than ever population because:

1) age, hello the game is a decade old and has terrible performance despite being an old game.
2) the game never got updated as promised for 6+ years, player-bases have patience, but not limitless patience.
3) APB has a LOT of troubles with cheaters and when LO took over the spiral restarted itself with all the old ones coming back cause of having access to all their primary accounts again "2nd chance". (I know friends that quit over simply seeing names they knew got banned for GOOD reasons, back playing on their main accounts and hiding behind "false ban excuse" of a few legits among hundreds of cheaters unbanned.

Funniest part is how you mention current player-base dwindling, and as far as I can tell, with each patch lately, LO has listened to someone who only gives them half the story 😉
And yet they implement the changes and suffer the fall-out and realize too late they should revert it.

Imo problem is the people they are listening to atm, they're the ones speeding up the death of this game.
APB isn't CSGO, as another user kindly said it. 

APB is about diversity and combining a lot of different cool things, into 1 complete game.
APB "competitive" should not be FORCED down the throats of every player, the game itself always had clans that went and organized their own rules and tournaments.
The population being tiny now, doesn't mean everyone should adhere to your way of playing APB, and while you're trying to force it, you're just killing the game that much faster.

Bounty changes.

Grenade supply changes and general focus of eliminating "explosives spam" even though, i don't friggin' see any explosives spam, but i see a lot of NTEC spam:)
Weapon changes that wasn't needed.

I can already predict next moves, if they keep listening to the same few people...
"nerf remote deto, its too strong" (even though it's used by like 2% of playerbase, while all tryhards use spotter lel)
"nerf volcano pls, it kills us when we are hiding with JGs behind corner" 
"nerf grenades, they are too effective at clearing corners! don't let ppl refill them either" (oh wait, this change already happened, indirectly mega buffing JG's even more than they already were)

@mattscott I don't know if you play the game as an actual player and tried missions... if you do/did, you would see yourself whats the truth... what do people use (abuse) 95% of the time versus

what's only used by very few players effectively and in-effectively by most. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Solamente said:

1. Because highly competitive setup is undoable in the way how the game is designed.

2. Highly competitive games doesn't bring new players since they will always be years behind everyone else.

3. CSGO exists already

I just came back and I feel like having to learn the game all over again. 

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

What a heap of *...., to put it as politely as I can 🙂

The game is 10 years old, it's lower than ever population because:

1) age, hello the game is a decade old and has terrible performance despite being an old game.
2) the game never got updated as promised for 6+ years, player-bases have patience, but not limitless patience.
3) APB has a LOT of troubles with cheaters and when LO took over the spiral restarted itself with all the old ones coming back cause of having access to all their primary accounts again "2nd chance". (I know friends that quit over simply seeing names they knew got banned for GOOD reasons, back playing on their main accounts and hiding behind "false ban excuse" of a few legits among hundreds of cheaters unbanned.

i won't disagree that there are a lot of reasons people quit but seeing as the game has been moved in a casual direction since day 1 of reloaded (looking at you, ttk decrease), and has pretty much failed every step of the way, i think its valid at this point to assume this direction is not working

34 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Funniest part is how you mention current player-base dwindling, and as far as I can tell, with each patch lately, LO has listened to someone who only gives them half the story 😉
And yet they implement the changes and suffer the fall-out and realize too late they should revert it.

which people would those be, because from my pov little orbit has been favoring casual players until just recently

shotgun rayscaling, hvr accuracy-based-damage, all 3 of the "new" weapons little orbit has added, and riot just to name a few examples, have all been geared towards a casual gameplay experience

54 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

doesn't mean everyone should adhere to your way of playing APB, and while you're trying to force it, you're just killing the game that much faster.

perhaps we have a different definition of competitive vs casual balance

• to me competitive balance is when players have a large amount of control over their actions/reactions and are rewarded for making use of that control, there is no "forcing" everyone to play a certain way other than ensuring that as many factors as possible are as equal as possible
  • and casual balance is where a large amount of control is taken away from the player, rewards for making use of that control are arbitrary, and there's little to no thought given to equality

given that apb is an inherently pvp experience and its also theoretically supposed to be fun i support a more competitive balance direction, since imo losing due to factors outside of your control is rarely a fun experience - especially if it happens consistently 

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

1. Because highly competitive setup is undoable in the way how the game is designed.

a highly competitive setup is not impossible

will apb ever be as balanced as a static arena shooter where the only variables are each players' skill level?

probably not, but that doesn't mean we can't get close and it definitely doesn't mean we shouldn't try

2. Highly competitive games doesn't bring new players since they will always be years behind everyone else.

i disagree, games like csgo and seige have kept and even grown their population years after their releases despite both being highly competitive shooters

the true barrier to new players coming in to highly competitive games "late" are tutorials and matchamaking imo

3. CSGO exists already

i fail to see how this has any bearing on apb

as mentioned above, siege remains a very popular shooter despite being even more of a "csgo clone" than apb could ever be

and by your logic gta online (the ultimate hyper casual open world shooter) already exists, so why continue pushing apb towards a casual direction either?

• Like 1