TzickyT

Greeter System

as i was send over to hear by a gm i think some people would agree on somthing like this.

i am part of a virtual chat community that uses a greeters system.

i was wondering if the concept as greetersystem would work in this game.

we don't have a big community and i am sure some people would accept being a greeter more than being a gm.

what would a greeter need to do

a greeter can give info to players who are new or talking in the greeter chat.
a greeter can group up with players in the greeter chat. / play with new players

a greeter can answer questions about game or do tech help.

a greeter can monitor the greeter chat.

official greeters wil need to follow the rulings of terms of service and have a decent knowledge of the game.

the links i have from the greeter system im taking this i wil post below ( this is just ot give an example to understand what this can possible create)

https://help.imvu.com/s/article/What-are-Greeters-and-how-do-I-become-one

https://help.imvu.com/s/article/Greeter-Manual

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Basically San Paro City Mentors.

I am very much in favor of a training/support program for new players within APB, but I'll hold my hands up to being bitter after years of insults from fellow experienced players and a strong distrust from new players.

With a lack of care from the previous GamersFir... In fact do I even need to elaborate on the previous G1 with SPCT and SPCM?

You have no idea how much I want to help new players but there's 2 things I'd like in return:

Some basic level of respect as a person, not as an authority but as a fellow player.

Also I'd like to help other and still have some level of freedom of opinion. This doesn't mean freedom of speech but one shouldn't have to pretend that they agree with everything Little Orbit does, It's ok to disagree with a superior as long as you handled in a professional manner.

Sadly neither of these are likely I feel are likely.

My heart and in principle I say yes, my mind says try not to think about where the inspiration came from! 😓

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Basically San Paro City Mentors.

I am very much in favor of a training/support program for new players within APB, but I'll hold my hands up to being bitter after years of insults from fellow experienced players and a strong distrust from new players.

With a lack of care from the previous GamersFir... In fact do I even need to elaborate on the previous G1 with SPCT and SPCM?

You have no idea how much I want to help new players but there's 2 things I'd like in return:

Some basic level of respect as a person, not as an authority but as a fellow player.

Also I'd like to help other and still have some level of freedom of opinion. This doesn't mean freedom of speech but one shouldn't have to pretend that they agree with everything Little Orbit does, It's ok to disagree with a superior as long as you handled in a professional manner.

Sadly neither of these are likely I feel are likely.

My heart and in principle I say yes, my mind says try not to think about where the inspiration came from! 😓

likeminded people for this topic are hard to find and i understand the whole message u wrote

if it ever comes to apb and i get part of this system. i would wish i could work with u

On 2/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, VickyFox said:

That's more or less how things are.

We have no person situated behind us ready with a whip in case we disagree with choices made by the company. We help out, but we are still individuals and I have never felt like my personal opinion was in any way unvalued or dismissed. I've shared my personal opinions and feelings many times in official settings - you just have to go about it in a professional manner, clearly indicating what you are doing.

Not quite sure what you mean by the first thing.

2 hours ago, Mirele said:

That's more or less how things are.

We have no person situated behind us ready with a whip in case we disagree with choices made by the company. We help out, but we are still individuals and I have never felt like my personal opinion was in any way unvalued or dismissed. I've shared my personal opinions and feelings many times in official settings - you just have to go about it in a professional manner, clearly indicating what you are doing.

Not quite sure what you mean by the first thing.

There are people who want to help but the offers are not taken seriously or are drowned out by others who rather get a laugh out of other's misfortune. I guess I am just a bit cynical about how effective it would be.

The second point was more of a reference to the old SPCT and SPCM. Management has change but as much as I want to help others in APB to improve the community and maybe better themselves and an individual.

To accept different now regrettably doesn't mean confidence and trust are going form quickly.

I'd love to take part in something like this.  I already kinda do it but it's only when I notice a newbie having a hard time.  I'd like this to have some sort of tag or something like the SPCMs had (But with a less confusing name.  How are they supposed to know what SPCM stands for if they're new?) that lets new players know that we're the ones that are ok with helping them out.  Considering how hostile this community is toward them, I feel like they would be afraid to ask random high ranks for help sometimes.  If we had the tag or title on our name or whatever then they would know who to approach for help.  Maybe since new players are Trainees we could be Trainers.

• Like 2