kftopdog

Is this game still alive?

So I was part of the game community back when the game first started. I went by many names but I stuck with kftopdog being my main name. Does anyone here from 2015 still play?

I am also wondering if there is any improvement since the new owners took over the game when gamersfirst sold the game? Last I played there was hackers almost every game i went into and the last car release was like a chevy corvette

Edited by kftopdog

Quite a few veterans are still active, and there were improvements made by the new owner Little Orbit. Including but not limited to, new anti-cheat, a bunch of different events, ARMAS prices rework, weapon balancing, network migration, code optimization and work done on engine update.

Define alive? Do people play? Yes, however no where near the amount that did in 2015 unfortunately. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kftopdog said:

Last I played there was hackers almost every game i went into

If you honestly believe that I don't see you having a good time coming back. No amount of changes by LO will ever fix that mindset.

• Like 2

While there are still a few cheaters their numbers are relatively low compared to the past, Usually they are on during the early morning to early evening periods if you go by central standard time.

Game is not dead yet, we as a community by being less toxic could help turn the tide but also LO keeping their promises will help ensure the games longevity.

Veterans? Hardly any. Suspicious new kiddos and few old timers like me remain in this game.

What changed? Well, now at Wilde you can get permanent weapons for JTs, Fairfight is rightfully gone, right now it's BattlEye (of which ability to counter-act cheating i'm suspicious off), there are many changes to weapon, especially shotguns and sniper rifles (this two subclasses you should check out before using in fight), LO took over - old G1 is dead, thankfully with Tiggs as well.

My opinion. What this game needs is population. Why doesn't it get new population? Because of cancerous current population which came here from 2016-2018 during G1 chaos. Enough said.

You can drop by but I won't grind sugar about how this game is awesome etc. - it's playable, that matters. Rest... well...

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 2

It's basically hanging on its last finger at this point, sadly.

The game has players, yes. But not the same amount it did back in 2015.

Game's dead, unless you're happy to go in to very few servers being mismatched against insanely good players (and, more often than not, players who know where you are all the time and never miss). If you enjoy a F2P game that leaves you with no choice but to go install "3rd party software" if you want to hit gold status, then this is the game for you. If you're after a fair game where you can improve over time and get in to the top percentile through skill alone, learning the maps, honing your grenade skills, your aiming, your weapon mods, etc, etc, then look elsewhere - you'll never keep up with the majority at the top who rely on the computer doing the work for them.

Awaits the usual 'git gud' that used to accompany all these posts... Having played since 2010 (when it was a decent game, just a terrible business model) I can hand on heart say that this breaks my heart. The level of hacking in the servers is rampant and BattleEye is failing the vast majority of players who simply want to see this game succeed. There's a reason the numbers are so terrible and it's not because this is a terrible game.

• Like 3

It is not going away anytime soon. The community is decaying very slowly but the OBT veterans are way too stubborn to leave it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mitne said:

right now it's BattlEye

sure on that one? Not seeing the EasyAntiCheat startup when the game loads or? 🤔

7 hours ago, Mitne said:

Veterans? Hardly any. Suspicious new kiddos and few old timers like me remain in this game.

What changed? Well, now at Wilde you can get permanent weapons for JTs, Fairfight is rightfully gone, right now it's BattlEye (of which ability to counter-act cheating i'm suspicious off), there are many changes to weapon, especially shotguns and sniper rifles (this two subclasses you should check out before using in fight), LO took over - old G1 is dead, thankfully with Tiggs as well.

My opinion. What this game needs is population. Why doesn't it get new population? Because of cancerous current population which came here from 2016-2018 during G1 chaos. Enough said.

You can drop by but I won't grind sugar about how this game is awesome etc. - it's playable, that matters. Rest... well...

What are you on about?  The best time of this dying game was Fairfight bans, Tiggs banning nearly everybody and that toxic, hilarious website where people trashtalked the FF banned people and created a whole new kind of celebrity.  There was quite a bit larger population back then as well.  I think LO's iteration of APB is the worst, and the nearly deadest lowest population in APB history.  The best iteration of APB:r was Nekrova and it's proprietary Frost anticheat and active in-game GMs... that version literally had 25 full districts, virtually all day. G1 never had such a lively playerbase... well not since release anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juggoire said:

Awaits the usual 'git gud' that used to accompany all these posts...

it’s hard to take you seriously when you’ve played for almost a decade but think gold can only be achieved via cheating, and can’t even read the startup splash screen well enough to comprehend we have easyanticheat and not battleye

No. Everyone before 2017 died in a freak server fire after LO took over.

22 hours ago, kftopdog said:

Does anyone here from 2015 still play

yes

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

No. Everyone before 2017 died in a freak server fire after LO took over.

now i want bbq

thanks

On 2/6/2020 at 8:29 PM, Solamente said:

it’s hard to take you seriously when you’ve played for almost a decade but think gold can only be achieved via cheating, and can’t even read the startup splash screen well enough to comprehend we have easyanticheat and not battleye

Apologies - quoting someone else on BattleEye - figured it had changed.

If it's possible to look back at historical data, I was gold for a very long period of time - but that was prior to this LO iteration of the game; now it's a lot of very suspicious 'never missers' and guys that seem to know exactly where you're coming from all of the time (and no, not shoulder looking or the the kill section of the mission where everyone's flagged). But, your comment is as close to 'git gud' as it can be without actually saying it - so thanks for proving me right! 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Juggoire said:

But, your comment is as close to 'git gud' as it can be without actually saying it - so thanks for proving me right! 😛

i'm unclear on what other response there can be to anyone who accuses approximately 25% of the population of cheating based on their arbitrary threat color, that's a pretty clear indication of someone with a major disconnect

Grinding JT's for permanent weapons is what is keeping me somewhat active weekly, mostly Baylan is where i play.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:35 AM, Juggoire said:

Game's dead, unless you're happy to go in to very few servers being mismatched against insanely good players (and, more often than not, players who know where you are all the time and never miss). If you enjoy a F2P game that leaves you with no choice but to go install "3rd party software" if you want to hit gold status, then this is the game for you. If you're after a fair game where you can improve over time and get in to the top percentile through skill alone, learning the maps, honing your grenade skills, your aiming, your weapon mods, etc, etc, then look elsewhere - you'll never keep up with the majority at the top who rely on the computer doing the work for them.

Awaits the usual 'git gud' that used to accompany all these posts... Having played since 2010 (when it was a decent game, just a terrible business model) I can hand on heart say that this breaks my heart. The level of hacking in the servers is rampant and BattleEye is failing the vast majority of players who simply want to see this game succeed. There's a reason the numbers are so terrible and it's not because this is a terrible game.

your mentality is disturbingly like the ones who justify themselves cheating and saying its anyone else's fault for their actions.

a decent computer and a decent internet connection are required for most games.

how you think a cheat is needed for gold is beyond me

define "alive."

i see a lot of mutilated version of apb this year.

riot= apb without guns and cars. (and without customitations in some stage)

mission district = no p5n5, an open world closed for tryhards elite.

next:

server merge, with server location in USA (10 player total in Usa, 400-500 lagging europeans)

Ntec buff.  (cause is still not good as Oscar plus Macro)

Spawncar nerf. (cause is an injustice that newplayers got or free a powerful calabria with this amazing strategy tools, they should have to get pain before gain it)

Trueogre buff. (cause tryhards canT manage oppo with a simple PMG)

engine update post-dated to 4Q 2028

Obeya and Patriot always been the core of apb , now Citadel is treated like HAN.

I remember when normal players asked for more customitation and even Tiggs gift for free 10 clothes space more and 5 car slot more.

now we simply asked for a better anticheat.

and we have EAC that kill the performance worst than an XP update in 2008.

On 2/6/2020 at 11:35 AM, Juggoire said:

If you enjoy a F2P game that leaves you with no choice but to go install "3rd party software" if you want to hit gold status, then this is the game for you.

Friendly reminder that APB once had a streamer with no hands that used his feet and a console controller. (played with a cam as well)
This man was perma gold, and never banned.

So if you cannot achieve gold, you are literally less skilled than a man with no hands.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 1:18 AM, kftopdog said:

So I was part of the game community back when the game first started. I went by many names but I stuck with kftopdog being my main name. Does anyone here from 2015 still play?

I am also wondering if there is any improvement since the new owners took over the game when gamersfirst sold the game? Last I played there was hackers almost every game i went into and the last car release was like a chevy corvette

That was 2015 APB when cheat clans were rampant and game abuse was almost every mission. You won't get that now. Cheaters are extremely far and few between, (aside from one fishy max player) I have yet to see someone I'd assume is actually cheating, and it's been like that for the past like 8-12 months. So you'll have a much better time in regards to that. However, the pop is nowhere near what it was back then either.

54 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

(aside from one fishy max player)

Can you DM me the name?
It will stay between us, Im just curious.

I played around 2015, and i log on now and then just to check it out, but its kinda sad seeing this game slowly go down, had some good memories playing this when i was a kid

Reality

game population is getting lower and lower. often times players can’t complete contacts because there are not enough players in Waterfront

engine upgrade is like a carrot on a stick held out in front of you. One week we are just a week or month away from being able to finally  see the EU then next another issue is found.

I say this, not to be mean, but because I care a lot about this game and I think it has real potential and as we know, there really is nothing like it

in my opinion we should just release the new contacts planned for after the EU now and just leave the engine as is and just put our resources into making new content based on the current flawed engine.  I know this won’t be popular to hear, but let’s be real. this would hopefully bring a few people back and keep the game alive a little longer