MattScott

Threat re-enabled for Jericho and Citadel (SERVERS BACK ONLINE)

Hi all,

Servers are back online with the Valentine's Day patch.

This maintenance was extra long because we were moving databases and more resources into the Europe data center.

This also means we finally have enough resources to turn back on threat for both worlds.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Just now, MattScott said:

This also means we finally have enough resources to turn back on threat for both worlds.

fucking finally 

• Like 2

Countdown to people complaining that they now want threat segregation removed again.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

11 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Countdown to people complaining that they now want threat segregation removed again.

more like people bitching about no population lol

• Like 1

Thanks. Although I feel like I have to bring up that on NA which coast the server is being hosted on is still kept from us, is there plans to lest us know or are we going to just keep it a guessing game?

Finally. I don't know if I could stand the horrible matchmaking any longer. Maybe now won't have to deal with full gold vs full silver team and a greenie all the time. 

• Like 1

That's good news, congrats for all the progress made.

What about phasing? Is it coming soon?

I think asking here could work and I'm concerned because latency to West Coast is unplayable to me, I'd like to play some APB again.

Thanks!

Just now, Salvick said:

I think asking here could work and I'm concerned because latency to West Coast is unplayable to me, I'd like to play some APB again.

Thanks!

phasing has always been scheduled for after the engine upgrade afaik

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

Thanks. Although I feel like I have to bring up that on NA which coast the server is being hosted on is still kept from us, is there plans to lest us know or are we going to just keep it a guessing game?

The team is nearly done with this.

Hoping it will go into the next major patch.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MattScott said:

The team is nearly done with this.

Hoping it will go into the next major patch.

When will the new items go on ARMAS?

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

Thanks!

You may want to experiment with different action districts. Some are West Coast, and some are East Coast.

The team is nearly done putting in a region ping/latency indicator. That will show up on the Advanced tab to show which servers are better for you.

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 6:59 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

This maintenance was extra long because we were moving databases and more resources into the Europe data center.

Thanks,
Matt

Finally, thanks for the news, damn.

This Valentine seems better than the other months, at least we getting new stuff, new items and new servers with threat districts back.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:17 PM, MattScott said:

You may want to experiment with different action districts. Some are West Coast, and some are East Coast.

The team is nearly done putting in a region ping/latency indicator. That will show up on the Advanced tab to show which servers are better for you.

There is any ETA on that coming?

Merged.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:59 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

Btw bug of not dropping down the guns is still present.

When is it going to get fixed? or it's going to stay there forever?

1 minute ago, AlishaAzure said:

Btw bug of not dropping down the guns is still present.

When is it going to get fixed? or it's going to stay there forever?

The weapon pickup system was redesigned last year, they're not meant to drop. you can just ressuply them

48 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Can't add more reactions today so I'll just say this sounds great, thanks for the answer, I'll try it out.

13 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

The weapon pickup system was redesigned last year, they're not meant to drop. you can just ressuply them

Wasn't a bug? Mhm oke.

I just can't remember but i am sure it was.

Whats the point when max golds with ursus and volcanos and nanos are allowed to roll trainees and bronzes on the bronze district?  I think it's sad and fairly obvious LO is completely out of touch and incompetent at managing their game... which is why it's in the worst possible state it has ever been,,, and population wise... failing fast and hard.

Feedback: performance is not great. Lots of lag and rubber banding when I played a few hours ago

im in CA

Nice. 

But nobody going to mention that Asylum is still called Abington towers in the advanced tab even though that map hasn't been used in 7 years... 

Really not fixing the REAL issues 😡

17 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Well I can see Jericho having reason to complain, alright.

8 hours ago, Hey! said:

Whats the point when max golds with ursus and volcanos and nanos are allowed to roll trainees and bronzes on the bronze district?  I think it's sad and fairly obvious LO is completely out of touch and incompetent at managing their game... which is why it's in the worst possible state it has ever been,,, and population wise... failing fast and hard.

What do you suggest that can potentially fix that issue? Turning threat off didn’t work as many wanted. I was getting low lvl bronzies constantly as an opposition.

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lign said:

What do you suggest that can potentially fix that issue? Turning threat off didn’t work as many wanted. I was getting low lvl bronzies constantly as an opposition.

the system i have in my mind that would work in my opinion is
- make a server for silvers and golds. (remove green and brons districts.)
- make a server where Everyone is alowed (trainee green brons silver golds.)
people who are intrested in playing against golds only wil go to silver and golds districts.
people who are intrested in playing against or help bronz players wil go to a full mixed server.

what do i see about that perspective. we wil see if people actualy go help bronze players to learn the game. or hunt them down. and peopel who are intrested in playing silver vs gold can play on there server. couse now we don't know if we are going to go to do detreathing system or not.

Just now, TzickyT said:

the system i have in my mind that would work in my opinion is
- make a server for silvers and golds. (remove green and brons districts.)
- make a server where Everyone is alowed (trainee green brons silver golds.)
people who are intrested in playing against golds only wil go to silver and golds districts.
people who are intrested in playing against or help bronz players wil go to a full mixed server.

what do i see about that perspective. we wil see if people actualy go help bronze players to learn the game. or hunt them down. and peopel who are intrested in playing silver vs gold can play on there server. couse now we don't know if we are going to go to do detreathing system or not.

Separating low population is not a good idea. G1 tried to make districts for everyone by releasing open conflict, none played it. There're basically districts for everyone, it's called silver district

5 minutes ago, Lign said:

Separating low population is not a good idea. G1 tried to make districts for everyone by releasing open conflict, none played it. There're basically districts for everyone, it's called silver district

my thougth is acutaly having 2 different districts one for silver and golds only. and one for everyone to join.

i m not talking about splitting the community as u can join a server with bronze silver gold and trainees. or u can join a silver and gold district.
what u are creating is a competitive district and a helpfull district.

5 minutes ago, Lign said:

my thougth is acutaly having 2 different districts one for silver and golds only. and one for everyone to join.

i m not talking about splitting the community as u can join a server with bronze silver gold and trainees. or u can join a silver and gold district.
what u are creating is a competitive district and a helpfull district.