Drastical91

Game is dying

27 minutes ago, Flaws said:

most of these things will likely be encrypted after 3.5 and they will be added as official features in the game.

You are allowed to modify the ini file in particular anyway even if they add them inside the game.

The fact that it is just a text file and can be opened with the most basic text editor bundled with Windows means that they had no intentions of stopping you from editing it. 

That doesn't apply for other files though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drastical91 said:

You're an id...t... tbh cause OOM errors were before the drivers of RTX wasnt proper, i dunno wich acient stone your coming from but those drivers were released in aug, Have fun getting an 2080Ti yourself now;) and P.s who said i played at Max settings, As "SO called nerdy yourself" You should have know beter but heck forum warriors, Go ingame when the updates are ready and go check if people gonna like your configs in social district, And hear them out, Or arnt they importaint and does your opinion only count, C...nts lol

As an actual RTX owner, I ask you to please stop.

Just now, Drastical91 said:

Since the release when they charged people 10$ per week to play. That since 2007 When it was P2P wich was changed within 2 months to F2P but as that stunt pulled of loads of negativity The crap of Waves were coming as they were boycotting The compainy that actaully dev'd the Game, (Some history lesson there) The fact you telling me that Config files do not give you an advantage, Why the hell are you instisting then using them… Thats like telling somone your on diet but Once they turn there back, Your shoveling killo's of pies down your throat lol Just your scared that they touch your pie's….. 

If you read what I wrote about it already you would know that just because you don't get a direct advantage over other players it doesn't make it pointless. Localization files are changed to make the text and UI/HUD of the game look better and more aesthetically pleasing. Removing the need of holding down Shift to sprint isn't a significant change either, neither are things like removing ambient sounds. It's all quality of life changes, they are not advantages. As such, Little Orbit has acknowledged that some of those things need to make it into the official game after the engine upgrade and they've allowed for them to be used until then which is very commendable on their part. If LO was another corporate company that's completely disconnected from it's players, this game would have half the amount of players you claim it has during peak times.

The reason there are so few players is because everyone is waiting for the engine upgrade and they are simply bored of the game. New players don't populate the game as the game lacks matchmaking, especially right now as we have no threat segregation and new players get stomped 10x times as much as before in the bronze districts. It has zip zero nada nothing to do with configs lol.

3 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

You are allowed to modify the ini file in particular anyway even if they add them inside the game.

The fact that it is just a text file and can be opened with the most basic text editor bundled with Windows means that they had no intentions of stopping you from editing it. 

Yeah, it doesn't but the things that you can do with those other text files is insignificant anyway so I see no reason for this entire forum thread to exist or for players to be complaining about it, making such big false claims that it is somehow responsible for the low player count. That is ridiculous, absolute lunacy.

13 minutes ago, Drastical91 said:

You're an id...t... tbh cause OOM errors were before the drivers of RTX wasnt proper, i dunno wich acient stone your coming from but those drivers were released in aug, Have fun getting an 2080Ti yourself now;) and P.s who said i played at Max settings, As "SO called nerdy yourself" You should have know beter but heck forum warriors, Go ingame when the updates are ready and go check if people gonna like your configs in social district, And hear them out, Or arnt they importaint and does your opinion only count, C...nts lol

2020 here and my rtx 2060 cant still run the game on max because it will crush ALL THE TIME for out of memory error. I dunno who gives.u the infos but my man ur wrong in everything u said.

9 minutes ago, Flaws said:

The reason there are so few players is because everyone is waiting for the engine upgrade and they are simply bored of the game

When Little Orbit bought APB many people who have not been on all came on.

I believe we hit 2,000 people back then but I can not recall for certain.

Edit ; requesting citation please so I know for sure how many were on back then since it is relevant

Edited by Fortune Runner

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

Just barely 2k going from steamcharts. Then dropped back even lower than it was before in just a bit over 1 single month.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Just barely 2k going from steamcharts. Then dropped back even lower than it was before in just 1 single month.

ok thank you.

so yeah we have lurkers waiting - so not quite dead

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Edit ; requesting citation please so I know for sure how many were on back then since it is relevant

Yes, because that + the new anti-cheat and players getting unbanned and all the engine upgrade promises generated tons of hype but it's been over a year since then so that hype train has died down and players went back to other stuff, waiting for the promised engine in APB to come (the ones who haven't completely quit the game entirely).

Even if you have no problems with the game, it has simply become boring and stale unless you seek to become a top player which isn't that popular in a game that's full of RNG and other issues that get in the way of that.

1 minute ago, Flaws said:

Even if you have no problems with the game, it has simply become boring and stale unless you seek to become a top player which isn't that popular in a game that's full of RNG and other issues that get in the way of that.

nope im not a gold , but im still here. its my home

31 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

While i agree that disabling eac's file-checking isn't a good thing, there isn't a way to magically enable cheats in the config files. People do this to get better fps ingame or you can make the game look better on max graphics.  

6 hours ago, Drastical91 said:

This causes people to allow them using edited files for example Costum crosshair ETC wich gives them more advantage then a regular player who doesn't edit there files at all

Some overlay programs like Overwolf and PlayClaw which you can use to get custom crosshair are whitelisted by EAC. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/tcgrw/guides/whitelist/

Edited by Mystical

26 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Yeah, it doesn't but the things that you can do with those other text files is insignificant anyway so I see no reason for this entire forum thread to exist or for players to be complaining about i

They are not complaining about the ini files. Those are officially allowed for edit. 

i feel like someone should mention that the advanced launcher, config edits, and overlay crosshairs have all been approved by little orbit for the time being - advanced launcher is available to download from the official gamersfirst website:

https://media.gamersfirst.com/gamersmedia/apb/Advanced_APB_Launcher.zip

little orbit recognizes that these alterations are either borderline necessary for a large majority to even run the game, or are aesthetic preferences that do not affect gameplay

source: 

https://youtu.be/EKvAdRXOeYY#t=11m01s
Q: The one thing that I think needs to be discussed really carefully, is graphical settings, the things people have done to tweaking the shaders, text edits and also what that means in the future. So kind of the two big questions I've seen asked a lot from the community is mostly what sort of modifications can they make to the game files, but more importantly, will we see features. We'll break this down into two, I'll go over both but we'll break it down into two. The second one being now that we have the Advanced Launcher on the official website and there was a previous 'knock-off one' that was being prevented and now subsequently being looked for and banned for as well. The main thing is can we expect to see those kinds of graphical option in the engine upgrade once we get to it. Is there gonna be more flexibility about what we can turn down or turn up, if we can turn any features off, that sort of thing. Lets start at the first one, now that the advanced launcher is here and it's officially linked what kind of stance do we have in terms of modifying files at all? More specifically are people allowed to do shader edits, are they allowed to use custom crosshairs, ... that sort of thing. I think people just want not so much a yes or a no, but more a "here are the lines in the sand, don't go beyond them" sort of thing.
A: The general rule is, you can edit the config files, that's what the game edits when it saves settings and certainly those are editable files. That's what the Advanced Launcher edits, editing config files you're good to go. Editing shaders is a "No, you can't edit shaders". I think there are layers there that get a little bit nuanced. The problem with editing shaders is this: It's very easy to change the shader to do things like wallhack or create transparency or add really bad, lets say egregious cheats in there that enable you to do things that you otherwise shouldn't. I do know that there are some shaders floating around that people try to use to reduce fog. That's one that I've been pretty lenient on because it does affect the performance of the game pretty radically, on average about 15-20 fps. Fog is not a gamebreaker, it doesn't give you a huge advantage. It's usually so far out on your line of sight that it's not going to help you see other players. So fog is the one place where I have gone on record and I've said "Look, I don't love it, but we are certainly not going to be banning players for disabling fog. But just know if you get in there and you start messing with shaders you're opening yourself up. That's what happened with the Russian version of the launcher, I don't believe that those guys who have been very supportive of the game had any ill will there. Easy Anti Cheat picked it up, to Easy Anti Cheat it looks like someone is hacking around in the shaders and people got banned because of it. We got a lot of very unhappy, mostly Russians because in this case the site was in Russian, players who felt that they were unjustly banned and they were like, look I've never cheated. We listened to them and looked at the logs and the launcher. Ultimately I made the decision to go ahead and roll that back, most of these players did end up getting banned for two to three weeks while we sorted that out so they still got a level of punishment there but in general I guess the message is "Don't mess with shaders, don't mess with stuff that isn't directly editable as a text/config file". You mentioned crosshairs, this is a super controversial one. Look, I can take a piece of tape and stick it in the middle of my monitor. That's not cheating right? No publisher in the world can detect a piece of tape on your monitor. Overlays have come up, currently my stance is "We're not banning for crosshair overlays, anything outside of the game. Don't go editing any of the images or any of the crosshairs ingame, don't start tweaking around with things. If you want to run something outside of the game, we can stop them but we are not going to police to that level of what's happening on your PC while you're playing the game. The trick is don't modify the files, but overlays can be used.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

As an actual RTX owner, I ask you to please stop.

Not even trying to defend that clown nor claim that the OOM isn't a super common issue, but I do own a rtx 2070 myself and haven't had that issue with the game on max. Been that way since I got it(a year? now) and I've always had whatever the latest driver was.

3 hours ago, XYXYXYXYX said:

Not even trying to defend that clown nor claim that the OOM isn't a super common issue, but I do own a rtx 2070 myself and haven't had that issue with the game on max. Been that way since I got it(a year? now) and I've always had whatever the latest driver was.

You silly person... lets swap cards.

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

game died 10 years ago..cant die again why u think is keep runnin...

Even DayZ got out of alpha and got released.

When you feel everything is dying around you

giphy.gif

you silly people

• Like 1