Drastical91

Game is dying

The game is dying, And it was coming since People simply could start the game without using launcherprogram But using the ABP,EXE to by pass the Files check from launcher itself

This causes people to allow them using edited files for example Costum crosshair ETC wich gives them more advantage then a regular player who doesn't edit there files at all

Infact theres video's of people doing this and still they playing without any punisment, This caused yesterday already a manority to leave the game ,Its insane that theres only 426 players online on an europain server 

Fix this or the game aint living long enough for the new client update

Heres some viideos of people actaully showing how to config this crosshair stuff, And if you watch the related videos you see more people doing it..

Another day, another thread saying the game is dying. What else is new?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You don't need to bypass the launcher's file-checking to get a crosshair. Also, the game isn't dying because configs are allowed, the game is dying because we haven't had the engine upgrade yet (it's been 6 years) and proper content added to the game following it.

• Like 6

The game is dying because eveyrone still actively present in this shit community is afraid of change and everyone puts their hopes on the Engine Upgrade. Literally every discussion for the past half a decade has boiled down to cheaters, matchmaking, balance and a bunch of other things that KEEP coming back, because whenever something new gets introduced everyone pulls the emergency brake like a madman.

New content isn't going to save a game that fundamentally flawed. And with fundamentally flawed I don't per-say mean the engine the game runs on.

• Thanks 1

This makes me wonder what exactly is that EAC doing.

I have seen it working well in other games but not here it seems. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

This makes me wonder what exactly is that EAC doing.

I have seen it working well in other games but not here it seems. 

LO intentionally disabled file-checking with EAC to allow configs.

1 minute ago, swft said:

i wish they didn't do that ...

1 minute ago, swft said:

But the config file used by the advanced launcher is only 1, isn't it? Can't they just allow changes on that single file only? 

just don't allow any config changes ... there is an advantage in the game and peopel don't trust me saying this. everyone has a decent pc. and im pretty sure a lot of people just use it to have a better ping or just to always run and have a way to glitch the running in the game

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

But the config file used by the advanced launcher is only 1, isn't it? Can't they just allow changes on that single file only? 

AFAIK, advanced launcher touches APBCompat.ini and APBMachineOptions.ini, don't think it touches other files.

8 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

just don't allow any config changes ... there is an advantage in the game and peopel don't trust me saying this. everyone has a decent pc. and im pretty sure a lot of people just use it to have a better ping or just to always run and have a way to glitch the running in the game

And make most people leave? Have you realized how many people play with config files and other edits? I refuse to play the game vanilla, it looks bad and performs bad. Also really like the localization edits because the default mission description is not informative at all and mixes lore with actual mission information. Hopefully LO does something about it someday too.

• Thanks 1

Another day, another thread by people who talk about stuff they know nothing about. Next.

• Thanks 1

Another day, another thread suggesting that cheat and hacks are what is making the game die. Why don't you tell us what you REALLY think.

25 minutes ago, swft said:

AFAIK, advanced launcher touches APBCompat.ini and APBMachineOptions.ini, don't think it touches other files.

Cool. Just have those 2 allowed and forbid anything else.

It will also prevent use of any other launcher that touches anything else. 

The game should provide the options by default and till then the advanced launcher shouldn't be allowed. Advantage or not; it should be the same for every player. 

• Like 3

I see no harm in this ... do you , if you can change the crosshair and the graphics , do it ... these are just some quality of life changes that should've been in the game in the first place.

Well, little Orbit is doin a good thing actually with all the updates and stuff take care it'll just require some time.

There's also a good chance to increase our playerbase again if they also start an good advertising after the engine update.

Edited by YukiiaChan
  • Like 2

There's been always people against modifications and people encouraging the use of these. Personally I think that taking the risk of modifying anything would put you in the line of fire for further excuses from anyone from G1 staff to get you banned as we have seen many unfair bans happening and any given reason could lead you to get hit.

Now with LO it seems the criteria for bans is softened regarding game files modifications and such configs but I still think this as a couple other similar stuff in regards of looking for "advantages" to play the game, either because they "improves a badly optimized game" or because "the game is unfinished and they should add these options ingame already", is causing a mess within the community since long time ago.

Probably if any of this was moderated and probably punished it would stop people from publicly expose their modifications but now you are glorified if you do modify your game and blamed if you don't. And this is not gonna change now.

And game is not dying, it is in the state it is since a couple of years already, the question is how long will it survive if it stays like this and how much could it revive if it finally improves. I doubt anything will happen but will hold my hopes for the better.

Why is it always the ones with the lowest amount of  knowledge on a subject that are the loudest?

AFd2zjx.gif

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 2

Modifying anything other than the ini file is pretty much not any different than hacking.

• Like 1

hello everyone . i have input my game files a crosshair custom and config but i  am still not going good scores when i play i want to ask there is more files people can change becuase i need more adtantage i suppose ? any help then thank you for it

38 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Modifying anything other than the ini file is pretty much not any different than hacking.

LOL please. Can you people stop with making sh*t up? Have you ever even tried or considered what any of those configs even give you? There is no config in this game that gives you unfair advantage except for the particle removals and that's not even half of the things you can get. Is it an unfair advantage if my kill feed is different colors or if my kill message says "clapped bro" in pink instead of "Enemy Killed" in ugly orange? Or is it always sprint which just saves me holding down shift but still yields the exactly same result in gameplay? Or maybe ambient sound removal. Yeah, that really makes me win more....

Even if you wanna try and argue that crosshairs are a "cheat", they really aren't because they give you no actual advantage. If you can't aim, you won't be able to hit any more shots crosshair or not. For the love of god, stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Have you ever even tried or considered what any of those configs even give you?

It doesn't matter even if you make something completely pointless like making shit to slow you down. File modifying is forbidden in any pvp game and it makes no difference for the cheat detecting software what you are trying to do as long as it detects changes. There is most likely something like that mention even in APB ToS.

But if it is true that there is no file protection right now in APB, that just leaves the gates open for cheaters. 

Also my mentality is like this: if you waste time to do it, then it is not as pointless of a change as you make it looks like. 

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 2