Hello there, couples months ago i bought and assembled my new fresh pc. Its made up of:

-CPU i5 9600k

-GPU RTX 2060 OC 

- MOBO Z390 GIGABYTE GAMING X

- 16GB RAM etc.

I was rly happy about this config and i tought the game would have finally run as god comands. In the end, game still run a little sh*t. Fps are good and i have no drops at all even when particles take over the screen. The real problem are those stupids micro stutters, half of a second stutters that rly give me cancer. I've tried everything and even with overclock and downclock the game wont run properly. I have tested also other games, like gta 5 or warframe and things run the best u could ask. 

If some one knows how to fix this crap or if anyone has any fix for this please let me know. 

I really dont know what to do anymore...

Maybe give the APB Advanced Launcher a try.

Not sure if you know but APB's current game engine (Unreal 3.0) is built to use the single strongest CPU core.

While other software would run faster as the work load is share across more processing cores, APB does not and in fact may be less optimal than older CPUs.

The upgrade to Unreal Engine 3.5 onward should rectify this but that is on going by Little Orbit.

6 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Maybe give the APB Advanced Launcher a try.

Not sure if you know but APB's current game engine (Unreal 3.0) is built to use the single strongest CPU core.

While other software would run faster as the work load is share across more processing cores, APB does not and in fact may be less optimal than older CPUs.

The upgrade to Unreal Engine 3.5 onward should rectify this but that is on going by Little Orbit.

I've tried adv launcher, even on the lowest possible, i've also tried various config. I removed the vivox, particles and everything that can stress CPU/GPU. But they keep coming back. Its a pain in this patootie cuz it happens only in this game. Some players told me this is a common problem for new gen GPU'S. I cant belive there is nothing to do with this problem... 

Ps. For example my strongest cpu core is up about 4.7 ghz so i dont think is all about cpu

Edited by NandoSeee

1 hour ago, NandoSeee said:

I've tried adv launcher, even on the lowest possible, i've also tried various config. I removed the vivox, particles and everything that can stress CPU/GPU. But they keep coming back. Its a pain in this patootie cuz it happens only in this game. Some players told me this is a common problem for new gen GPU'S. I cant belive there is nothing to do with this problem... 

Ps. For example my strongest cpu core is up about 4.7 ghz so i dont think is all about cpu

It actually does not, Apb has suffered from this issue for years.

I have the same problem. Those stutters are really annoying. They happen at random moments tho, I could be in the middle of a grenade exploding while fighting an ogre and it will all go smoothly. But then I could be running in the middle of the street and get taht split second stutter. They happen like once every couple minutes or so, and that means in an hour timespan, they made me die or miss a kill at least twice. Hate them

7 hours ago, NandoSeee said:

Hello there, couples months ago i bought and assembled my new fresh pc. Its made up of:

-CPU i5 9600k

-GPU RTX 2060 OC 

- MOBO Z390 GIGABYTE GAMING X

- 16GB RAM etc.

I was rly happy about this config and i tought the game would have finally run as god comands. In the end, game still run a little sh*t. Fps are good and i have no drops at all even when particles take over the screen. The real problem are those stupids micro stutters, half of a second stutters that rly give me cancer. I've tried everything and even with overclock and downclock the game wont run properly. I have tested also other games, like gta 5 or warframe and things run the best u could ask. 

If some one knows how to fix this crap or if anyone has any fix for this please let me know. 

I really dont know what to do anymore...

Despite having a good computer myself, I experience microstutters pretty much everyday.

Normally they come every now and then when I'm fighting an enemy player. Fairly certain that the "blood" of the character is what causes these microstutters to happen.

Like mentioned above by the others, advanced apb launcher or a custom config is the best things you could try.

PS: I've heard removing ragdolls of characters (upon death) fixes microstutters for many people, no idea if that works or does any difference because I've not tried it myself.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ExoticZ said:

Despite having a good computer myself, I experience microstutters pretty much everyday.

Normally they come every now and then when I'm fighting an enemy player. Fairly certain that the "blood" of the character is what causes these microstutters to happen.

Like mentioned above by the others, advanced apb launcher or a custom config is the best things you could try.

PS: I've heard removing ragdolls of characters (upon death) fixes microstutters for many people, no idea if that works or does any difference because I've not tried it myself.

Thanks for the advice. I've actually all the config ever made. I will try to find the besto combo with those mods even if something is against the rule of the game. I mean, i tried to play fair at all but there is actually no way out in this situation....

14 minutes ago, NandoSeee said:

I will try to find the besto combo with those mods even if something is against the rule of the game. I mean, i tried to play fair at all but there is actually no way out in this situation....

not the good thing to try or say .

exo give you the best tip , the game engine old and not like the newer games out there the game dont using your specs like its need to do .

dont take the risk and do things against the rules its not worth it .

exo give you some tip ( removeing blood , and removing regdoll ) might help you .

also give the game high priority also might help , but dont go against the rules .

good luck 

2 hours ago, ExoticZ said:

Please tell me the line in CFG or heading Advanced APB launcher which takes it away. Thanks.

Just now, Sirocco said:

Please tell me the line in CFG or heading Advanced APB launcher which takes it away. Thanks.

Like I said, I've never tried it myself. Got no idea how to set that up.

Just now, Sirocco said:

Go to apb zone and donwload the cfg. U cant remove ragdoll from adv launcher !

those microstutters been in there forever it's something that is going to be present despite having a good PC, yet sometimes is not notable at all but it happends hopefully with the new engine this disappears 😄 

for warframe is something really crazy if u get to notice an issue like this XD idk for me is like warframe is the smoothest game i've ever played i love it, however back to APB with this i feel like it's something u learn to get used to after of a time idk it's what i used to do, sadly right now i can't tell at all since im rebuilding my pc so i cannot play ^

Cheers!.

2 hours ago, ExoticZ said:

Depends on the person's rig. If they have a dedicated NVIDIA PhysX card (shown below), then they wouldn't notice any difference. For everyone else, they'll notice a significant difference since the game isn't taxing the CPU every time something within ~90m dies.

cfd0416f4b6ed4c63877b09be9a00ad3.png

I found out by playing with or against my friends that we all get micro stutter at the same time when server ms jumps. Not sure if it caused by server latency but all the time we get stutters literally at the same second according to our stream VODs. To be clear I didn’t have such a bad performance issue during Xmas patch. Only the default stutter every 60secs

2 hours ago, Sirocco said:

go to APB folder, then APBINPUT.ini or APBGAME.INI (only one of them has the ragdoll line) and search "ragdolls", you will see two lines with that ragdoll

one will say something like =8, edit that to =0

the other one will say something DeathAnimations=true, replace false for true (DeathAnimations=false)

that's all.

unfortunately i'm on my laptop PC and i can't exactly give u the names of the lines and folders, hope that helps so far, i will get to my desktop PC later.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

go to APB folder, then APBINPUT.ini or APBGAME.INI (only one of them has the ragdoll line) and search "ragdolls", you will see two lines with that ragdoll

one will say something like =8, edit that to =0

the other one will say something DeathAnimations=true, replace false for true (DeathAnimations=false)

that's all.

unfortunately i'm on my laptop PC and i can't exactly give u the names of the lines and folders, hope that helps so far, i will get to my desktop PC later.

It's like that!😍 Found and changed. Thanks so much😇

• Like 1

Why do people never mention what drive they have. Especially with how much better APB runs on an SSD compared to a HDD. 

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

18 hours ago, NandoSeee said:

I remember when i bought a new pc in 2016 and i was so happy because i thought it's going to fix everything, but it didn't. My fps went up by 70 fps, stutters still remained

11 hours ago, ExoticZ said:

I'm surprised you have stutters, i sometimes watch your twitch and it's very smooth, stuttering should be noticeable.

I also think it's something about the blood, because whenever a not so skilled player is shooting in my direction my game is smooth, but always when i play aginst good players it's constantly stuttering. So when a bad player missed my character i had a smooth experience, but when a good play hit my character i couldn't even play normally.

5 hours ago, TzickyT said:

i guess u have to wait for the engine upgrade than.

That's what we've been doing for many years

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Why do people never mention what drive they have. Especially with how much better APB runs on an SSD compared to a HDD. 

Moving the game from HDD to SSD does help, but it doesn't fix the problem