Westford

Huge Silver misconception ... Let's set the record straight..

15 hours ago, WizYuan said:

404671513103433728.gif?v=1

I got you fam, if you show me yours I'll show you mine.

Also this thread lol.

2 hours ago, Luminesca said:

I think your avatar captures the essence of permasilver perfectly.

Thank you.

It's not easy, unless you live in FC forever.

I had requested that the thread be locked, but there is obvious interest for it too survive.

Edited by Westford

1 minute ago, Westford said:

Thank you.

Just now, Westford said:

Thank you.

I

a silver at forum posting too i see

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

I don't think that was a compliment.

3 minutes ago, Westford said:

I don't think that was a compliment.

a silver at thinking too i see

17 hours ago, Westford said:

I see a whole bunch of derogatory remarks on players .. that (They must be Silver)

Either because of poor positioning, situational awareness, unfounded hackusating  ... whatever....

Let's set the record straight.

Golds are no better ....  

I know....

Been playing the game for a better part of 7 years.

Yes, I may be a maxed rank Silver, and yes ... I know better..

Killed mid level to high rank Golds on the regular .....

So before any of you elitist Golds care to "spew" your "stuff" ... about (they must be silver)...

know this ... I have "spewed" your "stuff" on more than one occasion.

Might want to change the song you sing ...   cause ... it ain't cutting it anymore ...

I'm not buying it ....

....  and neither are they .

On a lighter note, happy to see people in district ....

Okay for one, none of that made sense, you're just trolling.

Two, your ellipses are completely out of control.

1 minute ago, -Rachel- said:

ellipsii?

Just now, BXNNXD said:

ellipsii?

Ellipses is plural, ellipsis is singular.

14 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Actually, a "true Silver (™)" to be exact.

4 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

I suppose it was a bit of trolling.

As far as the ellipses ... well I like them.

3 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

Ellipses is plural, ellipsis is singular.

bet

An ellipsis (plural: ellipses) is a punctuation mark consisting of three dots.

Use an ellipsis when omitting a word, phrase, line, paragraph, or more from a quoted passage.

Ellipses save space or remove material that is less relevant.

11 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

never really understood silver or even bronze tbh

when you can get gold without firing a single shot, it’s kind of crazy to me that some people can’t manage it

I'll let you know the silver life chose me T___T .
On a serious note didnt play in like 2-3 yrs, but from what I remember lagged whenever a nade was thrown and the framerate wasnt the best. also never touched an smg in the little time I played. That might also explain it... I guess lack of experience, ability to adapt to situations and/or teamwork where what appeared the most in the gameplay of ppl in silver I played with.
(edit: also aim tracking)
P.S. Do you think apb would kill or shorten the lifetime of a laptop.

Edited by Nophromoo

Just now, Nophromoo said:

I'll let you know the silver life chose me T___T .
On a serious note didnt play in like 2-3 yrs, but from what I remember lagged whenever a nade was thrown and the framerate wasnt the best. also never touched an smg in the little time I played. That might also explain it... I guess lack of experience, ability to adapt to situations and/or teamwork where what appeared the most in the gameplay of ppl in silver I played with.

P.S. Do you think apb would kill or shorten the lifetime of a laptop.

im not super technical but i would assume shorten, unless it had both decent hardware and a decent cooling system

otherwise the excessive heat for excessive periods would probably degrade components 

on the other hand i have a shitty dell student laptop that lasted years playing apb "full time", and still functions fine to this day

11 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

when you can get gold without firing a single shot, it’s kind of crazy to me that some people can’t manage it

I used to be a perma gold. I have played very little since 2015. Coming back, I am just worse now. My positioning, awareness, etc., is all still fine, I just can't aim anymore, so I lose fights because of it consistently. I dunno why it happened, but it did. When I came back, I immediately got slammed down to silver, and since then, I have been fluctuating back and forth.

You might be some unknown silver scrub ingame, but you are a gold when it comes to trolling the forum

6/10 at the troll thread

same .....

...........                     ...............

.......                                 .....

........                 ............

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

im not super technical but i would assume shorten, unless it had both decent hardware and a decent cooling system

otherwise the excessive heat for excessive periods would probably degrade components 

on the other hand i have a shitty dell student laptop that lasted years playing apb "full time", and still functions fine to this day

decent hardware and decent cooling system might be questionnable since its a 2 yrs old macbookpro, but I guess its time to install windows and try out.

• Like 1

I'm silver but more like in a limbo, I win, get gold and then lose and get silver. It was always the problem that all the closet hackers were gold and eventually were put against us until we lose and get dethreated again. And I talk about years ago. We came back to play with LO but of course it was way worse these few days when all hackers were raging before Battleye. But we managed to reach gold one time even with all those aimbots and speedhacks. 

Haven't played since, so I guess we might get gold for good next time.... if Battleye does its job.

Anyways I don't really understand this thread. But all I can say is hackers hate me. I many times get whispers of hatred from them. I do play dirty. And explosive.

Edited by Musul Man

Yeah, there's too much overexplanation, overcomplication, and ego-stroking in this.

In all my years of playing this game, I've noticed there are four types of players in this game. It's the same four types of players you find in any other game:

1. Noobs who don't know anything.

2. Casuals who don't know much about the game and don't care to know.

3. Casuals who know a lot about the game but don't care to Tryhard or use that knowledge.

4. Competitives--also known as Tryhards.

*5. This isn't really a category, but it's interesting to note. There is a small group of people who actually fall somewhere between 2 and 3 who ONLY play with 4's to essentially reap the benefits of the 4's popularity or notoriety. I call them Gold Diggers. These are usually the ones with the biggest mouths and talk the most shit to other people who complain about cheaters or something being unfair. Lots of people in these forums like this, I think. Basically, their goal is to feel like they're better than other people somehow.

You'll notice the Threat Colors correspond to these Categories:

1. They're Green's or Bronze.

2. They usually dance between Bronze and Silver.

3. They usually dance between Silver and Gold. (This is where most of your Dethreaters come from, because they don't want to play against Category 4.)

4. They're usually always Gold.

But also, the way the Threat system works is FUBAR, because people who are in Category 2 sometimes go Gold because maybe they get a lot of wins. The difference between Category 2's and 3's is something which isn't really tracked in the game because there's no way to track how much you know about the game and how much you care about winning.

All this stuff about Game Sense, Mechanics, Awareness, all this other crap is just ego-stroking from folks who thinks they have some kind of elite knowledge. You do the same stuff in this game as you do in any other game. There's not some secret tactical information in APB that you either know or don't know.

You either know the map or you don't.

You either know how to work the spawns or you don't.

You either know how to work the weapon ranges or you don't.

You either know to gang up on one guy or you don't.

You either communicate what is going on or you don't.

You either know to play with minimum settings for maximum frames or you don't.

You either know to manipulate your mouse DPI and sensitivity or you don't.

And lastly, you either use cheats or you don't. (Put here, because it happens, though it's not technically an aspect I am referring to.)

So basically:

You either want to expend the energy to actually do all of that stuff or you don't.

You either play only with other people who want to do it or you don't--This is primarily why PUG's don't work against Pre-Mades.

A team of four players who all fall into Category 4, they will always beat another crew that is not entirely made up of any other Category.

Another caveat to this is people who claim they don't care and seem to be able to manage all of the above. It's not correct. They do care. They are actually concentrating on these things intently, at least some of the time.

And then you have people who have played together for so long, they can do a lot of this stuff on auto-pilot.

Basically, you either want to Tryhard, or you don't want to Tryhard.

The reason this game is frustrating is because you have two groups of people who have entirely different expectations for this game, and they're constantly forced to play together. I cannot tell you how many times I have said, "Why are we OPPed against these guys over and over and over again? Where are all the people who are like us?" My only estimation is they either quit the game, or they've decided to dethreat to play in the Bronze District. This issue is only exacerbated by the fact that the Tryhards WILL NOT play in the proper District--Gold District. They WILL without fail go to the Silver district. I believe this is because APB has historically had a serious problem with Cheaters, both Blatant and Closet. This is exactly why RP decided some time ago to experiment with Silver/Gold Locking Districts. This didn't work, however, primarily because of how the Threat system works. A Category 2 can easily jump into Gold, and they end up doing the Threat Dance I mentioned above--and it's just frustrating and not fun. Basically, the Threat System is FUBAR.

Either way, this forced Opposition scenario has created a false sense of inflated ego inside the minds of Tryhards (like they're doing something amazing) mostly because they're children, or they're at the age where they think any of this stuff even matters. To them, it's important that they're good. It's the same mindset when people try to say, "I beat/play the game on the Hardest Difficulty because it means I'm awesome." In reality--who cares? Well, obviously someone cares. Not that I have any room to judge them--to each their own. It's something that is important to them, and so... all right. Fair enough. Regardless, folks are forced to play against them. In the end, however, all it does is reward the person who really cares and punishes the person who is just trying to have a good time.

So, that, in my estimation, is what I see is the biggest problem in this game. Cheaters were the biggest problem, but since LO brought in BattleEye and FairFight is still active, I feel they have done everything they can for that problem. And so, I have confidence in their resolution for that. Their next main objective should be tackling the issue with the Threat System and the Match-Making in general to help alleviate the problem I mentioned above.

Edited by Zascha
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Zascha said:

Yeah, there's too much overexplanation, overcomplication, and ego-stroking in this.

In all my years of playing this game, I've noticed there are four types of players in this game. It's the same four types of players you find in any other game:

1. Noobs who don't know anything.

2. Casuals who don't know much about the game and don't care to know.

3. Casuals who know a lot about the game but don't care to Tryhard or use that knowledge.

4. Competitives--also known as Tryhards.

*5. This isn't really a category, but it's interesting to note. There is a small group of people who actually fall somewhere between 2 and 3 who ONLY play with 4's to essentially reap the benefits of the 4's popularity or notoriety. I call them Gold Diggers. These are usually the ones with the biggest mouths and talk the most shit to other people who complain about cheaters or something being unfair. Lots of people in these forums like this, I think. Basically, their goal is to feel like they're better than other people somehow.

You'll notice the Threat Colors correspond to these Categories:

1. They're Green's or Bronze.

2. They usually dance between Bronze and Silver.

3. They usually dance between Silver and Gold. (This is where most of your Dethreaters come from, because they don't want to play against Category 4.)

4. They're usually always Gold.

But also, the way the Threat system works is FUBAR, because people who are in Category 2 sometimes go Gold because maybe they get a lot of wins. The difference between Category 2's and 3's is something which isn't really tracked in the game because there's no way to track how much you know about the game and how much you care about winning.

All this stuff about Game Sense, Mechanics, Awareness, all this other crap is just ego-stroking from folks who thinks they have some kind of elite knowledge. You do the same stuff in this game as you do in any other game. There's not some secret tactical information in APB that you either know or don't know.

You either know the map or you don't.

You either know how to work the spawns or you don't.

You either know how to work the weapon ranges or you don't.

You either know to gang up on one guy or you don't.

You either communicate what is going on or you don't.

You either know to play with minimum settings for maximum frames or you don't.

You either know to manipulate your mouse DPI and sensitivity or you don't.

And lastly, you either use cheats or you don't. (Put here, because it happens, though it's not technically an aspect I am referring to.)

So basically:

You either want to expend the energy to actually do all of that stuff or you don't.

You either play only with other people who want to do it or you don't--This is primarily why PUG's don't work against Pre-Mades.

A team of four players who all fall into Category 4, they will always beat another crew that is not entirely made up of any other Category.

Another caveat to this is people who claim they don't care and seem to be able to manage all of the above. It's not correct. They do care. They are actually concentrating on these things intently, at least some of the time.

And then you have people who have played together for so long, they can do a lot of this stuff on auto-pilot.

Basically, you either want to Tryhard, or you don't want to Tryhard.

The reason this game is frustrating is because you have two groups of people who have entirely different expectations for this game, and they're constantly forced to play together. I cannot tell you how many times I have said, "Why are we OPPed against these guys over and over and over again? Where are all the people who are like us?" My only estimation is they either quit the game, or they've decided to dethreat to play in the Bronze District. This issue is only exacerbated by the fact that the Tryhards WILL NOT play in the proper District--Gold District. They WILL without fail go to the Silver district. I believe this is because APB has historically had a serious problem with Cheaters, both Blatant and Closet. This is exactly why RP decided some time ago to experiment with Silver/Gold Locking Districts. This didn't work, however, primarily because of how the Threat system works. A Category 2 can easily jump into Gold, and they end up doing the Threat Dance I mentioned above--and it's just frustrating and not fun. Basically, the Threat System is FUBAR.

Either way, this forced Opposition scenario has created a false sense of inflated ego inside the minds of Tryhards (like they're doing something amazing) mostly because they're children, or they're at the age where they think any of this stuff even matters. To them, it's important that they're good. It's the same mindset when people try to say, "I beat/play the game on the Hardest Difficulty because it means I'm awesome." In reality--who cares? Well, obviously someone cares. Not that I have any room to judge them--to each their own. It's something that is important to them, and so... all right. Fair enough. Regardless, folks are forced to play against them. In the end, however, all it does is reward the person who really cares and punishes the person who is just trying to have a good time.

So, that, in my estimation, is what I see is the biggest problem in this game. Cheaters were the biggest problem, but since LO brought in BattleEye and FairFight is still active, I feel they have done everything they can for that problem. And so, I have confidence in their resolution for that. Their next main objective should be tackling the issue with the Threat System and the Match-Making in general to help alleviate the problem I mentioned above.

eb8.gif

Everything in this thread is merely a symptom of a flawed system.

The very idea of icons that perpetually float over your head to indicate your worth as a player is offensive.

The fact that it's always there on display more easily visible than even your name or faction, even in social district where it couldn't possibly even matter just adds more toxicity to an environment that already breeds it.

You are not silver. Or gold. Unless you've managed to slather yourself in some sort of metallic paint. Perhaps your threat rating in APB is one of those colors, but it should not form any part of your identity. Anyone who addresses you by your APB threat rating has given you a good indicator that they are not likely the sort of person with opinions that are worth your time or attention.

• Like 1

i feel you bro. lately, silvers have been carrying my gold-for-6-years patootie. not all silvers are bad players, not all golds are good players. there are many more factors that affect a player's score other than their own skill and experience. also coordinated teamplay through voice comm can make any team the best team.

17 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

gLzQRMs.gif

Edited by PoshDoll