Westford

Huge Silver misconception ... Let's set the record straight..

34 minutes ago, PogoTheClown said:

WizYuan really going in on ellipsisboy 

i really go in if u kno wat i mean

676.gif

This thread discloses indeed a huge silver misconception! 

9 hours ago, WizYuan said:
  • poor game sense
  • poor weapon usage
  • poor aim
  • blind running
  • tunnel vision
  • questionable teamwork/tactics 

I'm Gold and I fit all of these. Oh no 😧

9 hours ago, WizYuan said:

silvers all have the same typical gameplay

• poor game sense
  • poor weapon usage
  • poor aim
  • blind running
  • tunnel vision

Okay while I agree you see this a lot, it is not actually always like this. I am a silver myself, but I am not some dumb smart who's running in blindly or has tunnel vision. My aim is meh, my weapon usage is not perfect and game sense depends on the day I am playing, really. The rest simply does not apply to me.

So what does that make me then? I am still technically a silver, yknow...

I created new chars to experience what is to start apb all over, and went gold in two missions not even winning or doing great. For me its amazing that there is still people going silver or even bronze when the game was obviously modified for everyone to get gold as fast as possible and everyone be the "same".

Its a backstab for me when i have spent 600 hours to get gold in the past, playing and learning the game and now you get gold out of nothing...

Edited by LuzExtinguido
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Misterff1 said:

Okay while I agree you see this a lot, it is not actually always like this. I am a silver myself, but I am not some dumb smart who's running in blindly or has tunnel vision. My aim is meh, my weapon usage is not perfect and game sense depends on the day I am playing, really. The rest simply does not apply to me.

So what does that make me then? I am still technically a silver, yknow...

a silver

if you're a gold, you never question that if you're a gold or belong in gold; if you have to ask what it makes you then you're a silver

an 'actual' gold is a gold because of confidence and consistency in their skills and acknowledgement of their weaknesses with a desire to improve and not psychologically project on their weaknesses

pyrites are just silvers in disguise like it's halloween

back in pre-threat apb, there was still a significant difference between gold 3 and gold 6 players, essentially new golds vs cream of the crop players and gold 10s were just hackers (essentially)

the actual golds attempted to find new methods of playing the game to make it more competitive; quickscoping, jumping door kicks, perc pmgs, jumpsniping, primary + fbw, etc.

50% (3/6) is still a fail in post-secondary

All these "Golds" being salty because they're too scared to lose what feeds their ego and makes them feel somewhat better at something in life. Just let them keep saying silver and stuff. IK for a fact I'm a silver and I kick a lot of "Gold" asses on their district. To add, if Golds feel so superior and ashamed of Silvers' play-style, why not go play in your Gold district and never bother with Silvers again. If you're going to play with a community, respect it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Boba said:

All these "Golds" being salty because they're too scared to lose what feeds their ego and makes them feel somewhat better at something in life. Just let them keep saying silver and stuff. IK for a fact I'm a silver and I kick a lot of "Gold" asses on their district. To add, if Golds feel so superior and ashamed of Silvers' play-style, why not go play in your Gold district and never bother with Silvers again. If you're going to play with a community, respect it.

there was a guy with no hands that was consistently gold back in the day lol

id happily play in gold districts if there were any with optimal population, i was a pretty big fan of the threat lock tbh

11 hours ago, WizYuan said:

silvers all have the same typical gameplay

• poor game sense
  • poor weapon usage
  • poor aim
  • blind running
  • tunnel vision

what makes a gold 'actually gold' is typically

• strong game mechanics/game sense
  • average to high accuracy
  • map awareness
  • presence

rank means nothing; rerolls happen and high rank golds can be shit too

you can find gold players that are absolutely terrible - pyrite; if you don't know what pyrite is google it

tldr: rank doesn't matter, gold doesn't even matter when you go against trash players

this thread is pointless to point out as:

it means that you haven't played against the actual golds

404671513103433728.gif?v=1

so many flaws with that.....

Who cares about the social logistics of threat? What happens if you lose? You lose threat. If you win? You gain threat. That's just how it is, no elitism or anything. That's what the game defines for us. This thread should be locked.

1 hour ago, WizYuan said:

pyrites are just silvers in disguise like it's halloween

cheese-dipped silvers

They just need to get rid of TL displays altogether. It just breeds toxicity.

I've been gold for a while but I've never been (intentionally) cruel to silvers (and lower) who wind up in a team with me, but for the most part I just don't like being a rude for no reason. It does get real tiring to see it all the time, though.

Most recent experience: We had a big ol' match (Cremé de la crem, the 5 item hold mission, called in as backup so it was a 5v5) against a bunch of golds and managed to win through sheer attrition, it was a close call but we won through being sneaky, wrestling three items away and displacing theirs in the last few minutes so we overtook them by a couple of points. Gave them a "gg" - it was a genuinely good game, close matchups are few and far between in APB - and got a whole load of anti-silver ranting in response. Happened earlier during a match that was a draw as well where someone threw a hissy fit.

While it doesn't bother me any longer (It's the internet and RIP if you're taking videogames so seriously, especially APB) it's outstanding how vitriolic people can be about it. I guess people get so invested that they start developing a real emotional attachment to APB and take so much stock in their victories and losses that it feels downright insulting when someone "undeserving" manages to best them. I should know because some five or so years ago I was in exactly the same place, I think it's just something you mellow out about with age when you get things that are, you know, actually worth worrying about.

Basically, don't worry about it. If people are giving you shit because you're not a Pro Master APB God, well, there are worse things to be called out about. At the end of the day there are going to be people who are overinvested and chances are if they're not cool enough to be chill about other players in their game, their opinions of you aren't really going to be worth a damn anyway.

Edited by Songbearer

Well, skills of silver players vary, just like those of gold, but technically, if you have spewed enough guts of the golds you'd be gold by now,  so no, golds are better (speaking of skills strictly), but who cares really? what matters is that you have fun.

24 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

Who cares about the social logistics of threat? What happens if you lose? You lose threat. If you win? You gain threat. That's just how it is, no elitism or anything. That's what the game defines for us. This thread should be locked.

Agreed.

As outrageously obvious that my original post was, I had no idea the level of passion that would come forth to ....errm, set the record straight,

as to what a "true Gold (™) " actually meant.

Thanks for the clarification.

Mods, you can go ahead and lock this thread, as it has obviously served it's purpose.

35 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

It's not that simple otherwise there wouldn't be dozen of people threating up after losing.

We even played someone three times in a row and he lost them all. Ranked up to gold in the first and didn't lose it in the following two.

Under this pretense no real gold would actually think about elitism (gold threat) since it is apparent how inflated the supposedly highest threat is. 

It's more a case of if someone can't even get to that level why bother...

I've seen silvers play better than most golds out there.Even bronzes...threat really means nothing anymore.

I'd rather be silver cos golds are mostly toxic. People that just wanna have fun have to de-theat, because they don't want to be on the same planet as said people.

You do you silver

Edited by jnexkk
  • Like 2

golds are people with a least a bit of common sense, silvers are mostly trolls or just bad players

3 hours ago, Westford said:

-snip-

I think your avatar captures the essence of permasilver perfectly.

don't lock the thread

this is an important staneulstation about ernulsgasting the affensftast of silver players and how people's gurenshtaag is klamha'd

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

there was a guy with no hands that was consistently gold back in the day lol

id happily play in gold districts if there were any with optimal population, i was a pretty big fan of the threat lock tbh

Well until golds find a place to hug them all together, they should respect the community they're with. Gold districts being empty is not an excuse to be a douchebag to other players.

• Like 1