valdas001

About bounty system

14 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Because it is only getting on the way of the gameplay and is nothing but annoyance. Even if FC I see people having to excuse each other when they accidentally kill someone. It happens so often.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:09 AM, Solamente said:

the (apparently not) immediately obvious issue is being able to spam explosives at any cqc fight without having to worry about tk's

but the threat of friendly fire is also very useful when facing multiple enemies, assuming you understand how to position correctly it helps you control how many people are shooting you at once

14 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Makes the game more tense for the target and gives the others something else to do. It also embraces the open world thing as someone said in another thread. 

if you wish to fight 20 people at once while trying to solo an objective you’re free to play fight club 

i fail to see how the open world experience is enhanced by murdering (or being murdered by) your own faction, but you can do that without n5/p5 anyway

49 minutes ago, Solamente said:

the (apparently not) immediately obvious issue is being able to spam explosives at any cqc fight without having to worry about tk's

Explosives can always be a exception. Not really that hard to figure out.

50 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i fail to see how the open world experience is enhanced by murdering (or being murdered by) your own faction

ummm... you are no longer getting rewarded for killing bounty of your faction to begin with.

44 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Explosives can always be a exception. Not really that hard to figure out.

what logical reason would there be for that distinction?

not to mention this would be another indirect nerf to an already relatively underpowered weapon class

the only pvp shooter i’ve played without friendly fire was the division and it was a pretty awful mess, with players strafing around and through each other's firing lines with impunity just so enemies never dealt full damage to a single person at a time 

44 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

ummm... you are no longer getting rewarded for killing bounty of your faction to begin with.

you’re rewarded by either losing n5/p5 and continuing your mission without interference or getting n0/p0 and thus delaying your next n5/p5 for additional time, both of which are more valuable than the 1500 apb$ in my anecdotal experience - i seem to be faction killed (or even teamkilled) more often than not

Edited by Solamente
typo

This was one of the best moves LO has done since they bought APB. But of course it's people who "need help when getting stomped" that hate it. It's to make the game more competitive and this is exactly where APB should be heading towards. If you want a casual experience (which the bounty system is all about), try GTA Online 🙂

No longer do we need to have our missions affected or even lost due to getting bounty at a crucial time in a mission and getting hunted down by randoms. I sincerely hope that LO quit listening to the forum people as much as they have so far.

1 minute ago, Flaws said:

I sincerely hope that LO quit listening to the forum people as much as they have so far.

aren’t you a “forum people” as well?

1 hour ago, Flaws said:

It's to make the game more competitive and this is exactly where APB should be heading towards.

Not to burst your bubble but this game is not becoming an esport anytime soon. 

It is actually more likely to run out of playerbase than anything if they keep making such dumb decisions just to pander to the veterans. 

What is next? Unbanning cheaters again? 

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

Not to burst your bubble but this game is not becoming an esport anytime soon. 

It is actually more likely to run out of playerbase than anything if they keep making such dumb decisions just to pander to the veterans. 

What is next? Unbanning cheaters again? 

It doesn't need to become esports to be an enjoyable experience. And having the bounty system as it was prior to the change is not enjoyable in any way. And it's not a dumb decision, it's a logical decision because APB is competitive at it's core but it needs many changes. The bounty system was only scratching the surface.

4 hours ago, moxxichixx said:

Like every other game company, nerf the fun

Depends what you see as fun.

Getting killed for getting p5/n5 in mission by some random dude out of street while losing ain't fun.

Especially since almost always it's key members of team who get these.

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Because bounty sucks.

Why would I want to be playing a mission, having fun, only to have some pleasant fellow not in my mission come stomping through and throwing any semblance of balance out the fucking window.

Don't even get me started on capping a point in OT, only to have some mong not in my mission suddenly go N5/P5 next to me, costing me the mission.

Absolutely dumb af system.

Still is even with the change.

Also, if you are getting bounty in bronze, its time to move to silver. (assuming they ever return seg)

I mean at this point minus well remove it, no point in having it if it's only mission based. The whole point of it was because it was a "Bounty" now it's just dumb to have all together.

8 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

This may be a bit of a stupid question, but in the last patch notes, it does say this: However my experience so far is that you can still be P5/N5 whilst in missions - however you are immune to damage by players outside of the mission, and you no longer show up on the mini map for enemy players. This effectively removes bounty as a concept, because the only disadvantage now is that you have a larger symbol above your head. Is this what everyone else has experienced, or am I missing some patch notes which explained this change?

Yes, that's how it works. You still get heat5 as normal, as that's necessary to reach the 2x rewards multiplier. You also still grant the bounty reward when your opp kills you. You'll have the bounty marker over your head (granting permanent Tagger on you to the enemy), but you no longer permanently show up on the radar to the enemy (which makes it impossible to properly move around). You also no longer enter open combat state, which means people outside your mission can't interfere with it (nor can you interfere with others).

The current design of the bounty system is significantly closer to what it should be. A simple pity system for the other team if someone is performing too well in the match. There's still more that needs to be tweaked though.

• You accumulate heat far, far too fast still.
  • Your heat should reset once the match is over.
  • Heat being affected by PvE stuff should be removed (criminals gain heat or enforcers lose heat by killing civvies, for example).
  • Heat should be zeroed as a baseline, instead of enforcers idling at halfway through heat2.
  • Enforcer's inflated heat multipliers should also be reverted since they no longer have a disadvantage with these changes.

23 hours ago, valdas001 said:

For god sake why did you guys touched bounty system???? It wasnt broken and didnt need fix. Now after mission u cant hunt bounty, even on mission enemy bounty doesnt show on minimap.

Silvers were tired of dropping down to the bronze servers and getting ganged up on when they were constantly turning N5/P5.

It wasn't fair that they could be killed by people passing by instead of constantly destroying the lower skilled players they went to bronze to fight.  I don't know any golds that actually complained about the issue.  The real gold threat players usually just kill anyone passing by and see P5/N5 as a challenge instead of an excuse on why they lost a round.

I myself found the wanted status as a balancing measure to hinder people who were constantly killing opposing team members.  It allowed outside help which could give the team that is obviously losing the fight a chance to complete the objective (even if they probably won't win the over all match).

Edited by illgot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, illgot said:

Silvers were tired of dropping down to the bronze servers and getting ganged up on when they were constantly turning N5/P5.

It wasn't fair that they could be killed by people passing by instead of constantly destroying the lower skilled players they went to bronze to fight.  I don't know any golds that actually complained about the issue.  The real gold threat players usually just kill anyone passing by and see P5/N5 as a challenge instead of an excuse on why they lost a round.

I myself found the wanted status as a balancing measure to hinder people who were constantly killing opposing team members.  It allowed outside help which could give the team that is obviously losing the fight a chance to complete the objective (even if they probably won't win the over all match).

its like you didn't even read the thread

1 hour ago, Tumblez said:

Oh, Lord. They actually did it. After leaving for a couple weeks I return to find the game even worse yet. At this point it's just ridiculous lol

Now only way to kill bounty that is not in mission is by teamkilling it or taking Truck.

just going to put my thought about the bounty system.

with listening to everyones take on the Bounty system i find that bounty system is an intresting aspect - that can be developed further.

if i put my crativity mind to it i would suggest if at the end of a mission somone hits bounty or is stil bounty people get flagged up and the party they are in can't be disbanded. that party needs to play vip mission against the whole server who arent in missions. this gives bounty hunters a good enjoyment. but gives also maybe an opportunity to do something funky with the bounty system as it is.

• Like 1

In my opinion this is the best way.  Nobody can interfere with your mission anymore, nor decide outcome of it, without even knowing it, as it happened plenty of times.

Fair play to everybody, enemy and your team, and other teams. 

removing bounty was a step closer to the death of OG apb. Were getting closer and closer to the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foscor77 said:

removing bounty was a step closer to the death of OG apb. Were getting closer and closer to the end. 

Original APB died many, many years ago thanks to Gamersfirst/Reloaded and their complete inability to give the slightest of fucks about maintaining a coherent design philosophy across the game. At this point it's also impossible for Little Orbit to bring it back, it's lost forever.

Reminder that OG APB closed down in less than 3 months.

Reminder that when APB relaunched less than 10% of players returned.

Not sure how much we should be hanging on to those versions of the game.

Some questions concerning the changes to Heat-5

1) Since Heat-5 players are no longer vulnerable to anyone outside of their mission,

does the Heat-5 player still have a Heat-5 Icon above them ?

My guess is that they do.
    I noticed a few times while I was not in a mission, I was shooting at a Heat-5 player (indicator icon above them),

and that player was invulnerable.

If a Heat-5 player is in a mission, shouldn't they have NO Heat-5 icon indicator ?

Players outside of a mission has no way of knowing if a Heat-5 player is out of mission and

vulnerable until a player starts shooting the Heat-5 player and realizes that they are taking no damage.

2) What is the purpose now for a Heat-5 player ?

Assuming that the only time a Heat-5 player is vulnerable to everyone,

when does that occur ?

After their mission has ended if they still have Heat-5 ?

When a criminal is ram raiding & mugging ?

What about an Enforcer ?

Thanks

23 hours ago, Solamente said:

if you wish to fight 20 people at once while trying to solo an objective you’re free to play fight club 

i fail to see how the open world experience is enhanced by murdering (or being murdered by) your own faction, but you can do that without n5/p5 anyway

Sometimes 'meh' mechanics are worth it for the world flavor.

1 hour ago, Westford said:

Some questions concerning the changes to Heat-5

1) Since Heat-5 players are no longer vulnerable to anyone outside of their mission,

does the Heat-5 player still have a Heat-5 Icon above them ?

My guess is that they do.
    I noticed a few times while I was not in a mission, I was shooting at a Heat-5 player (indicator icon above them),

and that player was invulnerable.

If a Heat-5 player is in a mission, shouldn't they have NO Heat-5 icon indicator ?

Players outside of a mission has no way of knowing if a Heat-5 player is out of mission and

vulnerable until a player starts shooting the Heat-5 player and realizes that they are taking no damage.

2) What is the purpose now for a Heat-5 player ?

Assuming that the only time a Heat-5 player is vulnerable to everyone,

when does that occur ?

After their mission has ended if they still have Heat-5 ?

When a criminal is ram raiding & mugging ?

What about an Enforcer ?

Thanks

are the joker missions to kill a n5/p5 player still showing up and if so... I guess you have to be lucky enough to be in a mission against them and kill them?

you can still be witnessed at n5 if carrying the limit but I guess you can no longer be outright jumped which I guess is good for people farming cash.  Bad thing for people who are trying to catch n5 players with 300k (me) is I guess I can disconnect after being witnessed now to delete the cash and give the enforcer a minimal win just for the mission.  At least I don't think they ever fixed that exploit which is why I preferred to go on as an Enforcer and just OSMAW n5 crims with money instead of trying to do the witness mission.

Next move will be to remove missions from game, then no one can interfere while driving around map doing nothing....

Edited by valdas001
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, valdas001 said:

Next move will be to remove missions from game, then no one can interfere while driving around map doing nothing....

yes. also remove all cars, npcs and everything that makes the game unique. 

• Like 1

Really don't like this change.  The only thing that should have been changed is killing someone of the same faction getting rid of your bounty.  That shouldn't happen and only promotes teamkilling.  The real problem with APB is new player retention.  Nobody ever left the game because of a damn bounty interrupting their mission and if they say that they did then they are seriously exaggerating.  How often does that honestly happen?

Throughout my entire time playing (Almost a decade!), an outside bounty only ruined at most 5 or 6 missions.  Pretty much all of the people that I've introduced to the game all thought the bounty system was pretty cool and one of them even said they feel like it adds a bit of life to the game when you're out of mission and that "it's really cool to see a bunch of people ganging up on one person who's really good".  The only people this system negatively affects are experienced players who know what they are doing and assholes who go to bronze to stomp newbies.  H5 should be seen as a BONUS for those that get it often because of that 2x multiplier.  All that should change with the bounty system is making it so that killing someone of the same faction does not get rid of the bounty. 

Sure it may frustrate some of you older players and we had that vote that said a majority think the system should change, but who mostly makes up the forums?  Veterans for the most part.  That vote isn't necessarily indicative of what the entire APB community thinks because the forum is mostly made up of vets. I also voted that I think it should be changed, but not like this.  The only change I wanted for it was the one I mentioned previously.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1