valdas001

About bounty system

For god sake why did you guys touched bounty system???? It wasnt broken and didnt need fix. Now after mission u cant hunt bounty, even on mission enemy bounty doesnt show on minimap.

Edited by valdas001
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not like we have discussed this a hundred times over now but sure let's open another thread about it.

If you want to know why I suggest you look it up because I won't bother going over it again.

Srsly, this was such a stupid move.

Now is much harder to complete bounty mission and you get no help from outside when getting stomped too. Nice.

It should be at least possible to see the bounty on the radar for the people in the mission. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Now we can also don't call it "bounty" anymore , cuz that word lost all itz meaning.

Edited by iDontThinkSo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, valdas001 said:

For god sake why did you guys touched bounty system???? It wasnt broken and didnt need fix. Now after mission u cant hunt bounty, even on mission enemy bounty doesnt show on minimap.

Clearly you don't get P5 enough to understand how much of a nuisance this is. Especially when you're getting hunted down by a team of OPGLs and Osmaws when tryna defend VIP, not to mention getting killed by P5 outside your mission also.

• Like 3

You people didn't bothered to talk about it when it went on and on for half year. It was all over forums.

Now you come complaining about it?

Man, fuck you all.

I have account of shitton of missions ruined just because I was killed once as bounty. Mainly defense missions which cascaded badly.

One thing is defending against opposing team, other defending against whole district - just because FOR ONCE you did good.
You are welcome to settle score with me when I'm NOT busy.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PraiseTheSun said:

It just shouldn't be turned off without a decent replacement. 

That was response of politican.

What is your alternative?

Edited by Mitne

31 minutes ago, watsoNN said:

Clearly you don't get P5 enough to understand how much of a nuisance this is. Especially when you're getting hunted down by a team of OPGLs and Osmaws when tryna defend VIP, not to mention getting killed by P5 outside your mission also.

i was alot of time bounty. And In VIP missions / last stage kill missions when random bounty killed you it didnt counted, so it wasnt problem.

2 minutes ago, Mitne said:

That was response of politican.

What is your alternative?

maybe atleast let kill bounty when both are not in mission and missions without opposit.

1 hour ago, iDontThinkSo said:

Now we can also don't call it "bouty" anymore , cuz that word lost all itz meaning.

It really did indeed. There is already a rewards for killing a player that is on a kill streak so the way how it works now is much of the same.

42 minutes ago, watsoNN said:

Yeah, poor guy. Dying once while completely dominating the enemy team. Clearly worth complaining about. 🙄

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, valdas001 said:

maybe atleast let kill bounty when both are not in mission and missions without opposit.

You can no longer get Heat 5 while in missions.

Just now, valdas001 said:

i was alot of time bounty. And In VIP missions / last stage kill missions when random bounty killed you it didnt counted, so it wasnt problem.

Congratulations mate, heres a virtual sticker.

Why didn't you voice your opinion when this was being talked about for as long as it has been. Its even been put on the blogposts and all over the forums for ages now. P5 needed to be changed ages ago and thankfully it has been.

2 minutes ago, watsoNN said:

Congratulations mate, heres a virtual sticker.

Why didn't you voice your opinion when this was being talked about for as long as it has been. Its even been put on the blogposts and all over the forums for ages now. P5 needed to be changed ages ago and thankfully it has been.

But i want real one not virtual. 

Because bounty sucks.

Why would I want to be playing a mission, having fun, only to have some pleasant fellow not in my mission come stomping through and throwing any semblance of balance out the fucking window.

Don't even get me started on capping a point in OT, only to have some mong not in my mission suddenly go N5/P5 next to me, costing me the mission.

Absolutely dumb af system.

Still is even with the change.

Also, if you are getting bounty in bronze, its time to move to silver. (assuming they ever return seg)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Yeah, poor guy. Dying once while completely dominating the enemy team. Clearly worth complaining about. 🙄

notoriety/prestige are not dependent on your current mission performance, please stop using this terrible counter argument

5 minutes ago, Solamente said:

notoriety/prestige are not dependent on your current mission performance, please stop using this terrible counter argument

What is it dependent on then? Unless you are consistently getting kills all the time, you won't reach it. This forum is very good at calling the white black. 

Edited by HawtGirl

Just now, HawtGirl said:

What is it dependent on then? Unless you are consistently getting kills all the time, you won't reach it.

you could be going 4 and 10 in your current mission but because you did well on your last mission, getting 1 more kill will put you at n5/p5

even then “consistently getting kills” does not equate to “completely dominating”, an even match will see you barely breaking even most of the time but you’ll still be popping n5/p5 every other stage 

this is why it’s a poor mechanic - not only does it punish players for being too good, but it also punishes players for doing ok, and sometimes even for doing poorly

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

you could be going 4 and 10 in your current mission but because you did well on your last mission, getting 1 more kill will put you at n5/p5

Well ok. even if it happens. You die once and then what? Are you telling me you are good enough to sustain heat 5 but can't win a mission just because you died once? 

btw there is a way to get rid of heat between missions too.

Edited by HawtGirl

12 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Well ok. even if it happens. You die once and then what? Are you telling me you are good enough to sustain heat 5 but can't win a mission just because you died once? 

yes believe it or not there are players that are better than me and players that are equal and players worse than me and these players exist in the same district and i get matched up against all of them on a regular basis

what a crazy string of coincidences that happens all the time

and yes a single death can lose you a mission even if it’s not the final stage, i have no idea why that’s a difficult concept for you to grasp

12 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

btw there is a way to get rid of heat between missions too.

for criminals only, sadly i generally play enforcer because the pop is favorable

Edited by Solamente
typo

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

for criminals only, sadly i generally play enforcer because the pop is favorable

Then they should make something for the enforces instead. 

look, I know it is not a very well designed system but makes the game less stale. There are in fact much worse things in this game that needs to be looked at... like team damage (why is such trollish thing still in the game is anyone's guess)

3 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Then they should make something for the enforces instead. 

look, I know it is not a very well designed system but makes the game less stale. There are in fact much worse things in this game that needs to be looked at... like team damage (why is such trollish thing still in the game is anyone's guess)

why would you ever remove team damage?

what about the bounty system makes the game less stale? aside from the fact that it’s been a part of apb for longer than half the other shitty mechanics we have, it offers nothing that you can’t get elsewhere in apb

This may be a bit of a stupid question, but in the last patch notes, it does say this:

On 1/27/2020 at 11:46 PM, Sakebee said:

You can no longer get Heat 5 while in missions.

However my experience so far is that you can still be P5/N5 whilst in missions - however you are immune to damage by players outside of the mission, and you no longer show up on the mini map for enemy players. This effectively removes bounty as a concept, because the only disadvantage now is that you have a larger symbol above your head. Is this what everyone else has experienced, or am I missing some patch notes which explained this change?

8 minutes ago, Solamente said:

why would you ever remove team damage?

Because it is only getting on the way of the gameplay and is nothing but annoyance. Even if FC I see people having to excuse each other when they accidentally kill someone. It happens so often.

10 minutes ago, Solamente said:

what about the bounty system makes the game less stale? aside from the fact that it’s been a part of apb for longer than half the other shitty mechanics we have, it offers nothing that you can’t get elsewhere in apb

Makes the game more tense for the target and gives the others something else to do. It also embraces the open world thing as someone said in another thread. 

5 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Because it is only getting on the way of the gameplay and is nothing but annoyance. Even if FC I see people having to excuse each other when they accidentally kill someone. It happens so often.

If I'm beeing honest, I kinda agree with your opinion. It can be annoying especially in FC. But my personal opinion why I wouldnt change it, is because all of the funny memories I experienced with ff during the years. And tbh it's also a bit challenging in a few situations, because no one wants to shoot a team mate. (especially Nhvr)

So with ff beeing off you kinda lose that "Challenge" which I personally like. 

An option would be a district with FF on, and one with FF off.