Y2Venom

How about removing Abandonmission

1 minute ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Like i said utopia, and i KNEW, that someone will instantly say that.  Everything to defend hackers...everything. 

That is why i said democratic vote! If there is 6 ppl in a team, 5 of us would have to choose quit.

Either way none of this will ever happen so its pointless to discuss it. 

i’m not defending cheaters i’m defending literally anyone who might win against their opposition 

we both know there’s a significant portion of the population who is only after the easiest missions possible, what do you think those players will do with a system that allows them to quit any mission as soon as they start losing?

4 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i’m not defending cheaters i’m defending literally anyone who might win against their opposition 

we both know there’s a significant portion of the population who is only after the easiest missions possible, what do you think those players will do with a system that allows them to quit any mission as soon as they start losing?

Why are you still insisting on prolongation of conversation about an utopia idea that will never happen?  You really like to talk with me dont you? 

removing abandoning mission  is a complete joke, did you know back in the days of old APB Reloaded RTW- (Real Time Worlds) you never had that.... and it was kinda annoying not to have it... G1 implemented the abandon mission later down the line, people don't agree with me. yes they did. The Admins/mods can check this for you. 

Reasons for not removing abandon missions

1) you can abandon missions because of players that are afk

2) players you really don't want to play with 

3) people who you know that will grief you

4) Trolls

5) Team killers

6) Bad players

7) stream snipers:

so yeah they're some of the reasons why it shouldn't get removed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Why are you still insisting on prolongation of conversation about an utopia idea that will never happen?  You really like to talk with me dont you? 

you posted an opinion on a public forum that i disagree with so i felt like i should also post my opinion, in the hopes that our incompetent overlords will see that not everyone agrees with your opinion - are you aware of how balance discussions work? or maybe just social interaction in general?

also you accused me of defending cheaters, which deserved at least a casual dismissal 

~ How about abandonmission when u have enemies but only in the first mintue of the match , like add more abandon not less  , some players u get in your team refuse to play the match and wanna out of it and they  usually kill the mate or drive around without helping , so if they wanna leave they should have the chance to leave instead of staying and ruin it for the whole team

3 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

You are genius, how did I not think of that! 

Topic is abandoning a mission.

Report button wont save me from PLAYING a mission with a player who always bullied me, harassed me and was toxic to me with sabotaging my mission on purpose because he hates me for only his known reasons.  /ABANDONMISSION  however will save me from him! That is if i am quick enough before we got cop opponents. 

That is why we do need /abandonmission! 

Not only do we need that,  if I was LO i would even put a system similar to  requesting leadership of a team by democratic voting of abandoning mission with the opponents. 

If we get "pro"  rank 20's  who go 30 kills 0 deaths, because kids are bored and they cheat in dead game without consequences or active admins with power of ban on sight, it would be nice in that case to abandon a mission and stop wasting our time. In my opinion it would even be a sort of counter measure for hackers / cheaters, because if every opposition would quit to them, they would pretty much either have to leave a game, or eventually stop cheating or hacking.  But that idea is just an utopia sadly. 

Recently I decided that since i got annual leave, maybe i should revisit and grind away on my criminal character that i've neglect. My crim just got to rank 38.

For just under a decade I've played APB and despite that, I strugged to get 20 kills in a game unless it's in fightclub.

There are pro players, there are veteran players and then there are hackers.

I think you're exaggerating quite a bit.

A balance is needed as so /AbandonMission isn't going to be abused, for you it's a get out from abusive opponents but those opponents are going to also use the same tool as you to leave evenly matched games to find and select easier opponents.

I don't always agree with Solamente, I think his "utopia" idealism is along the lines of Les Brown: -“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.”.

Normally I would agree with it's principle however we're far from ready to aim for the stars or the moon.

Lets just fix Matchmaking and Threats which is the core problem before addressing the other symptoms.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

I don't always agree with Solamente, I think his "utopia" idealism is along the lines of Les Brown: -“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.”.

Normally I would agree with it's principle however we're far from ready to aim for the stars or the moon.

i don’t believe in utopias at all, but thanks for the classroom motivational poster quote 

35 minutes ago, Solamente said:

you posted an opinion on a public forum that i disagree with so i felt like i should also post my opinion, in the hopes that our incompetent overlords will see that not everyone agrees with your opinion - are you aware of how balance discussions work? or maybe just social interaction in general?

also you accused me of defending cheaters, which deserved at least a casual dismissal 

Ok glad you disagreed with my opinion. In real life, people for whose opinions you dont care for, or you disagree with,  you dont initiate conversations with them. But yes..thsi is APB forums.

I am still after giving an opportunity to people to decide for themselves  whether they like to play against someone or not. 

Abandonmission stays either way! Regardless what your opinion is. 

Smart for defending cheaters, I see what you did there. 

20 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Recently I decided that since i got annual leave, maybe i should revisit and grind away on my criminal character that i've neglect. My crim just got to rank 38.

For just under a decade I've played APB and despite that, I strugged to get 20 kills in a game unless it's in fightclub.

There are pro players, there are veteran players and then there are hackers.

I think you're exaggerating quite a bit.

A balance is needed as so /AbandonMission isn't going to be abused, for you it's a get out from abusive opponents but those opponents are going to also use the same tool as you to leave evenly matched games to find and select easier opponents.

Lets just fix Matchmaking and Threats which is the core problem before addressing the other symptoms.

I totally agree. However abandonmission is necessity, and always will be. If we were all normal people, and didnt abuse everything we are given, it would be nice community, but then again we know APB community. 

Edited by Kitty Yekaterina

24 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Ok glad you disagreed with my opinion. In real life, people for whose opinions you dont care for, or you disagree with,  you dont initiate conversations with them.

that’s exactly how problems are solved irl, so i guess it’s just social interaction in general you don’t understand 

25 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

?

29 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

so i guess it’s just social interaction in general you don’t understand 

You both undermining very good points in your posts with comments like these.

Kitty, While I agree in votes to kick and to abandon mission. Democracy is it's own biggest flaw, It can be manipulated by a biased or corrupted majority, you can see this in big scale national politics and small scale local politics.

I can think of a national level political stories that happened this month which is examples of that but we're not here for real world politics, we take talk further about in private if you wish.

If a group or clan of trolls or cheaters play together, well it's a strong majority that is going to get away with abusing the voting system in games. Abandoning mission for easier games, Kicking lower threat players from games for higher threat team members is already something has happens.

It is safeguards meant to help other players, weaponised against them.

Y2Venom suggested removing /AbandomMission. And while I can't see a reason why it would be done, It's still open for discussion unless a mod or the OP decided this has gone far enough.

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

When a majority of the time it is the higher threat players that are likely to win, Your message comes across wrongly than intended.

Without elaboration or further context, actually I somewhat see that this could be misconstrued as a defense for those who break the rules and it comes across as you're in denial or lying.

Yes there is every chance that the team wanting to quit, could actually win the game if they continued.

...I can recall a time when a player on my team wanted to play with his friends and asked to be kicked, It pissed me off as that left me 2 v 1 and he just drove around hoping I would kick him.

I ended up having to do the rest of the mission on my own as no backup arrived, fortunately I got lucky that time and did win. But it's was down to dumb luck that my opponents got a bit lost trying to get to the objective, I think their car got stuck or something.

It's another debate if it's fair on those wanting to leave having to be forced to stay, or if it's fair on those staying in mission as others leave. But again that's also for private or another time.

11 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

When a majority of the time it is the higher threat players that are likely to win, Your message comes across wrongly than intended.

Without elaboration or further context, actually I somewhat see that this could be misconstrued as a defense for those who break the rules and it comes across as you're in denial or lying.

Yes there is every chance that the team wanting to quit, could actually win the game if they continued.

there is no further elaboration or context necessary, i stated that the potential for easy abuse such a system would allow applied regardless of cheaters

framing it as defending cheaters even after that is just a poor attempt to sidestep discussion about the massive flaw in their suggestion 

5 hours ago, Solamente said:

that’s exactly how problems are solved irl, so i guess it’s just social interaction in general you don’t understand 

Problems i have with type of people like you irl are solved by my standing up from the table and going away. That is a social demonstration of what i think about people whose sole purpose is not to give constructive counter argument but purposely defiantly give opposite opinions just to trigger people to talk back to them.  

With people like you irl I would not waste a single 1 minute of my time to lead discussions. Because you never give a logical conclusion, you never give quality conversation, you always and only give entirely insane directly opposite conclusions with 1 liners, spamming your post numbers to 1 million, with a fact you never say anything. Which can mean only one thing. You know exactly what you are doing, you are deliberately a smartass, you know you troll, but you hide behind wannabe intelligent shallow constructions and conclusions which are seen through like a water.  That is if you even had courage to approach me (but that is petty thing to say, true but petty isn't it? - rhetorical question) 

Being against /abandonmission can only be entirely ignorant person.  

As someone already counted up, there are multiple valid reasons for it, and it should not be changed. The end.  Change rest of 1000000000 broken things in this game, stop distracting us with irrelevant things. 

Number of people who would abuse that potential utopia system is irrelevant compared to what cheaters would face.  Because with your attitude EVERY single decision can be abused...and ? You didnt discover America with it. 

4 hours ago, VickyFox said:

snip- 

Yes democratic system could be abused , but with that approach every single rule on this world can be abused and IS abused, so you cant have such approach on the world, otherwise we would have to cancel every single governement, every single system, every single rule ever given out because ALL of them are corrupted. Yet we cant have stone age anarchy in 2020.

Edited by Kitty Yekaterina

4 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Problems i have with type of people like you irl are solved by my standing up from the table and going away. That is a social demonstration of what i think about people whose sole purpose is not to give constructive counter argument but purposely defiantly give opposite opinions just to trigger people to talk back to them.  

With people like you irl I would not waste a single 1 minute of my time to lead discussions. Because you never give a logical conclusion, you never give quality conversation, you always and only give entirely insane directly opposite conclusions with 1 liners, spamming your post numbers to 1 million, with a fact you never say anything. Which can mean only one thing. You know exactly what you are doing, you are deliberately a smartass, you know you troll, but you hide behind wannabe intelligent shallow constructions and conclusions which are seen through like a water. 

i'm sorry that your balance suggestion was so poor that it only took a single sentence to poke a giant hole in it, but that seems like it's more a you problem than a me problem

just for the record i'm also not the one that immediately jumped to insults when their opinion was challenged

7 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Being against /abandonmission can only be entirely ignorant person.

not against the current /abandonmission mechanic nor have i ever said otherwise, try again

9 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

As someone already counted up, there are multiple valid reasons for it, and it should not be changed.

i'm glad that you've decided to agree with me in the end, although from the tone of your post i don't think you even realize it

or you do realize and "You know exactly what you are doing, you are deliberately a smartass, you know you troll, but you hide behind wannabe intelligent shallow constructions and conclusions which are seen through like a water." 

8 hours ago, FluffyCat said:

~ How about abandonmission when u have enemies but only in the first mintue of the match , like add more abandon not less  , some players u get in your team refuse to play the match and wanna out of it and they  usually kill the mate or drive around without helping , so if they wanna leave they should have the chance to leave instead of staying and ruin it for the whole team

Great idea. However, in addition to your proposed first minute only restriction, I would add these as well:

• If you deal any damage to anything. Includes civvies, neutral cars, destructible environment entities (boxes, barrels, parking meters, lightposts, etc).
  • If you take damage from the enemy team. This includes both to your character and your car.

That way you can't go in with the first minute and attempt the objective, then quit if you didn't just steamroll the opp. Also so you can't just roll up in your car, evaluate the objective and the opp, and then decide to quit there. It would maintain the abandonment as something done in response to the matchup itself, such as avoiding people you already know you stand no chance against or teammates that you know are just going to grief you.

I would also say that there would need to be a limitation placed on how often you can abandon, to prevent habitual abandonment. Similarly to how kicking people from the team has a 2 minute cooldown, I would say give the abandonment feature a cooldown. Something along the lines of 10 minutes would probably be alright. That'd be short enough that you can potentially permanently avoid a certain group in the district, but long enough that you aren't going to be able to really grief the game with it.

not sure what was discussed in 3 pages, but i was thinking about a similar post recently as well. I'm sick and tired of tryhards and desperates who are looking for an easy win and are abandoning right away if they have a silver/bronze and attacking mission... Its stupid.. id remove abandon mission at least for a short time and see how it goes.. I know my post will get some negatives but whatever... its just my opinion.. 😞

1 hour ago, Tumblez said:

for example something like Fight Club but in Financial/WF and with multi-stage missions. 

ive been pitching anarchy/chaos districts with actual objectives for months now, but as simple as it would be i doubt little orbit will commit to anything like new game modes until after the engine upgrade

I mean...afaik people mainly abandon because missions such as antisocial networking exist still in 2020 and as of bad teammates etc if u solo you shouldn't have high expectactions either way.Could be just me though

Protip : You can disable and re-enable your network card in Windows to leave matches without being kicked (Takes 7 clicks). The game just thinks you timed out, and you can relog instantly.

I agree, because of someone it has become a useless function, so many players leave 1/2 second after group join, the thing is very annoying because almost all the times it forces you to play 1 vs 1 missions, I think that the missions on this game were conceived as team play and this function goes against this feature. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EvilDaphne said:

I agree, because of someone it has become a useless function, so many players leave 1/2 second after group join, the thing is very annoying because almost all the times it forces you to play 1 vs 1 missions, I think that the missions on this game were conceived as team play and this function goes against this feature. 

by playing alone u get a lot of missions 1v1 for 3 players or even 2 players that u need to finish whitin 4 minuts. like u need to drive 2 trucks to a point ... in 4 minuts ... i feel like just giving up on that mission.

Crazy idea, Remove groups... just to see what happens.

14 hours ago, Solamente said:

i'm sorry that your balance suggestion was so poor that it only took a single sentence to poke a giant hole in it, but that seems like it's more a you problem than a me problem

My suggestion is still on point.  I am not programmer to know the best way for solution but i can give an idea.  

Your one liners aside, provocation never poke anything, because you never provide any "smarter" solution or suggestion, you only know to spit over everybody's elses.  Thats only thing you are good at. 

Aside of abandonmission there should be abandonmission with opp as well in some distant future, if there is one for APB.  You are obviously einstein so enlight us the better way to do it. 

18 hours ago, Solamente said:

there is no further elaboration or context necessary, i stated that the potential for easy abuse such a system would allow applied regardless of cheaters

Every single system has potential abuse in it, and will be abused.  You didnt discover America with it.  If we look your way, everything should be cancelled then, since everything can be abused.

On the one hand, people complain about Golds stomping on lower threat players.

On the other hand, golds get shit talked for abandoning missions with lower threat players.

Reminder that the community agrees on nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Reminder that the community agrees on nothing.

Again that's normal with any community or society.

At times even disgreeing to disagree!