greenfield

Regarding Threat Segregation

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

The game needs a better system but putting everyone in one place is just wrong.

Yes, veterans buy stuff but they won't be playing the game forever + they are the ones who already have bought most of the things they need. Even if they do playe forever they can burn out on the game and play something else for months before deciding to come back (and they won't do that all at the same time so the game will be lacking players).

The game needs to appeal to new and returning players and by just putting everyone in one place it will have the opposite effect. 

No I definitely agree with you. All together in one place, people with 12000 hrs gameplay and 1hr gameplay is simply not right, not fair,  BUT at this very moment (which should not be permanently) is necessary in my opinion.

If you got small playerbase, dividing it further will just make you mathematically have even smaller playerbase. 

I am not for this system to remain permanent, but i am up to keep this system until engine upgrade this year (as promised for 4th time by LO), which can be an ace in sleeve to attract new playerbase finally.

Players need better experience otherwise they wont stay. Nobody would. 

You can discuss players experience when you have players, but like this, there wont be any left. 😕

And this current mm is not unfair only to silvers... i too get bronze players, low rank silvers in mm..and guess what? I dont abandon mission.  I play along, wait for opp, and we get 4 premade 255 gold cops, and I lost the match. You press k, you get new match.

Its not really so bad for silvers at the moment either, because you guys get high rank golds as well on your side. 

So imo we should all just cooperate together if we want to prevail.  Its not flowers and sunshine mm for any of us all the time, but at least you get missions, and you get opp. 

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

no thats not true.

A lot of silvers play in silver and those full districts were proof of that.

Half the players are not normally on right now because of no threat segregation and poor matchmaking from it

once it is back the ones waiting will be playing regularly again.

now if we just got more people to play apb after we have phasing done then we can really get things going more in the right direction.

If this is correct, and playerbase is this low because 90% of players are waiting for threat system coming back, then i am definitely up for returning back threat system asap.

But I think playerbase is low due to extended eu servers usage, and from what i know, 80% of ppl from EU and Russia quit because they couldnt play with 100000 ms lag and it took 3 months +  for LO to finally bring back EU servers (from which even social is still at NY atm). 

If you are correct tho, then i am up for bringing threat back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

no thats not true.

A lot of silvers play in silver and those full districts were proof of that.

Half the players are not normally on right now because of no threat segregation and poor matchmaking from it

once it is back the ones waiting will be playing regularly again.

now if we just got more people to play apb after we have phasing done then we can really get things going more in the right direction.

Yeah, the thread segregation will definitely make more people willing to come back (assuming they know about and still care enough for the game) 

Edited by HawtGirl

im concerned people think threat segregation is actually keeping people from playing.

you wont see anyone really 'come back' when they finish the network stuff for the europeans. The population is the same as it has been for NA. lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

If you got small playerbase, dividing it further will just make you mathematically have even smaller playerbase. 

Normally that is the way to go. When you have small playerbase and it is split between servers, the most logical thing to do is put them together so they have others to play with.

However, in APB's case, having all these different ranks in one place is probably just as damaging because, lets face it - it will just make people leave. Not just be isolated on other servers but leaving completely.  

The game is probably losing players even when we speak right now. 

During the weekend I started asking myself "Why I am even still here? is this even fun if trying makes no difference?" There is just nothing to do. Then I remembered the new servers are on its way so I guess that is something. It will be still bad but a bit more bearable. 

8 minutes ago, Alani said:

im concerned people think threat segregation is actually keeping people from playing.

you wont see anyone really 'come back' when they finish the network stuff for the europeans. The population is the same as it has been for NA. lol

Eeeexactly this is what I 've been thinking. Playerbase dropped when EU servers got hosted by NY ones "temporary" for 3+ months. Long enough for majority to quit the game, as they did. 

3 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Normally that is the way to go. When you have small playerbase and it is split between servers, the most logical thing to do is put them together so they have others to play with.

However, in APB's case, having all these different ranks in one place is probably just as damaging because, lets face it - it will just make people leave. Not just be isolated on other servers but leaving completely.  

The game is probably losing players even when we speak right now. 

During the weekend I started asking myself "Why I am even still here? is this even fun if trying makes no difference?" There is just nothing to do. Then I remembered the new servers are on its way so I guess that is something. It will be still bad but a bit more bearable. 

Yip oky fair enough! I am in mostly for the designs anyway, but if there ll be no players, i wont ve nobody to sell it to anymore x.x

Edited by Kitty Yekaterina

1 hour ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Nobody cares that bronzes will leave, since bronzes are newcomers and they dont keep this game alive nor they care to invest real life money for a game they dont care for.

i hope this is just referring to the current state of the game, because otherwise new players are absolutely necessary - where do you think all the veterans come from?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i hope this is just referring to the current state of the game, because otherwise new players are absolutely necessary - where do you think all the veterans come from?

Its obviously referred to the current state of the game. Do we really have to think about basic stuff such as new players, as if each and every one of us weren't new at one time and didn't install apb and created first character? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Its obviously referred to the current state of the game. Do we really have to think about basic stuff such as new players, as if each and every one of us weren't new at one time and didn't install apb and created first character? 

we are a good bad example, the fractional percentage of millions of people who have tried apb and didn’t quit

this is not a good ratio, and while i’m aware there are a lot of reasons people quit besides new player experience that doesn’t change the hundreds upon hundreds of negative reviews about said poor experience

from a business standpoint new players are probably slightly more important, the gaming industry has been moving away from maintaining a small number of veteran players as “whales” and moving towards enticing a large number of players spending a small amount of money

even little orbit recognizes this, evidenced by them lowering microtransaction prices and (supposedly) moving armas to account bound

and then with apb’s specific situation, where id bet a large majority of veterans are aware that spending money on a game that 3 companies have consistently failed to improve is not a good idea, if they haven’t already purchased everything they want already

at the end of the day neither group can be discarded - apb isn’t going to survive on the 600 veterans that still play, but changing apb to appeal to a constantly rotating population of new players will leave us high and dry when inevitably there’s no one new left to try the game

Edited by Solamente
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

If this is correct, and playerbase is this low because 90% of players are waiting for threat system coming back, then i am definitely up for returning back threat system asap.

But I think playerbase is low due to extended eu servers usage, and from what i know, 80% of ppl from EU and Russia quit because they couldnt play with 100000 ms lag and it took 3 months +  for LO to finally bring back EU servers (from which even social is still at NY atm). 

If you are correct tho, then i am up for bringing threat back.

I am referring to the past month or so.

As for lower players in general , Little Orbit has a roadmap of putting in more servers globally to make playing less laggy and a wider phasing possibility in doing so.

Assuming the new servers go up . and apparently a possible engine upgrade soon , then we could try getting new players into APB and that could boost phasing and matchmaking even more so if they stay

1 hour ago, Alani said:

it is i am one of them. this past month has  kept a good amount of us offline from poor matchmaking

2 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

I rarely rage whisper, its usually done to me. But if i whispered you first, means you were toxic disgusting prick. Sorry for putting you in your place. Come again. 

Yeah sure KEKW

pop is low because no segregation

i havent played in 3 months now for example and neither have all my friends

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NoobQueen said:

Yeah sure KEKW

Not gonna argue with some noob queen, meaning provide me your in game name, not this one you are hiding behind, and i will tell you exactly why i whispered you.

But you wont, because if you had any courage, you would not be using different ingame names, different forum names, probably different char names with 20 aliases, you are hiding behind, like all rest of toxic players. 

Because its easy to seek refugee without consequences of your dumb toxic attacks and bullyings when you hide behind 20 renames, 20 different aliases, 20 different nicknames, while you attack person who never changed her nickname, nor in game, nor forums, because i got nothing to hide, because i am good person, and because i am adult enough to stand behind my spoken words and actions.

You wont see one day some player noobqueen39658 addressing you  n calling you out publicly on forums for something, deliberately not saying entire context, acting like a martyr, while in fact its me hiding behind that nickname. 

So if you got butthurted, you got butthurted for a reason, because you know it was your fault. If you got something to tell me, tell me in private message here, from your real nickname, or in game. 

If you dont have nothing to tell me, stop crying then. 

If only I made a public comment of every single harassing whisper i got in game, this forum would have 45000 pages of it. 

• Like 1

"i havent played in X many time because of no segregation"

most of the people who have said that shit I have seen dethreat in silver and run to bronze.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alani said:

most of the people who have said that shit I have seen dethreat in silver and run to bronze.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol... rekt

uTJP8gd.gif

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Alani said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe because the matchmaking is garbage even with segregation.

Not having at all is still worse. It is only good for those on the top of the food chain because they get easy opposition. 

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Alani said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol this is on point.  Bringing back threat system, will simply bring back ability to all dethreaters to go back to good old harassing bronze districts. 

This way at least all bronzes, trainees, silvers got same chance of getting gold player in their team, as its same chance to get them in opposition.

We helped already plenty of low level bronzes and trainees, to win a mission, because we didnt abandon team. That will not be the case anymore when threats are back. 

2 hours ago, Alani said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

how do you know they're in bronze unless you're in bronze to see them? did you just admit to being a dethreater?

what you just said then is called psychological projection

me tho i really am a bronze. learning disabilities along with a potato laptop 😛 

its just not fun playing against full toxic gold clans. just facts, there's no point in playing if you're not a cheater or a toxic gold rn.

12 minutes ago, postalgril said:

how do you know they're in bronze unless you're in bronze to see them? did you just admit to being a dethreater?

what you just said then is called psychological projection

me tho i really am a bronze. learning disabilities along with a potato laptop 😛 

its just not fun playing against full toxic gold clans. just facts, there's no point in playing if you're not a cheater or a toxic gold rn.

shhh. they don't want to be embarrassed by getting killed by a bronze.

• Like 1

dont think i actually play the game long enough to dethreat into bronze

dunno what this pyschology thing is but if that is true then when you respond does that mean you feel attacked?

:^)

15 hours ago, postalgril said:

not necessary. What if Alani is a silver?

15 hours ago, postalgril said:

just facts, there's no point in playing if you're not a cheater or a toxic gold rn.

this is not true and you know it, cmon.. maybe you should consider changing you hardware instead.. if you're playing on a potato laptop as you said?

Edited by greenfield

i got no issue to play with greenies. at least u can learn them how to play the game - ( didn't read what everyone wrote) - but everyone knows where our trouble lies and does nothing about it.

18 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

This way at least all bronzes, trainees, silvers got same chance of getting gold player in their team, as its same chance to get them in opposition.

Allow me to fix that for you.

18 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

This way at least all bronzes, trainees, silvers got same chance of getting a dethreater in their team, as its same chance to get them in opposition.

The logic goes both ways, which makes your point pointless.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Allow me to fix that for you.

The logic goes both ways, which makes your point pointless.

Allow me to explain it better for you.

Gold player and dethreater is not a same thing, so it makes your comparison and point pointless.

Dethreater is a high rank silver who cant match golds nor she/he was, is or ever will be a real gold. 

If she/he was, she/he would not dethreat, desert, and run away from gold opposition all the way to the bronze districts.

Dethreater "earned" her/his gold status on bronze, low silver, green and trainee players. 

Gold earned her/his on silver districts from where everybody did everything to escape from fighting re roll hackers, closet cheaters, tryhard premade group clans of 4 men sitting on discord playing as if every mission is world championship for real money, etc.

I carried already many low rank silvers, trainees in matches to victory, some of them even thanked me for it. I lost many too, because you cant be 1 girl army vs 4 255 golds, but that is the life.

You win some you lose some, life goes on. 

Im sorry, i barely post any negative posts, but i still stand by the side that adding segregation now was just plain stupid.. In one hour i got only 2 damn mission out from which in one, our opp was losing on purpose  🤬  

And i can't blame the players, its understandable... who would be happy with such a rate of dispatched missions???

How not to get mad on this... its just ridiculous..

I even tried to go in the gold one (fin1). And to my surprise, out of 4 players, 2 were bronze and 1 silver and the 4th one i didn't see but they kindly asked me in chat to leave as they were apparently all friends and my presence there would only spoil their matchmaking... great. 

So again, i understand both sides had their detriments, but imo having the chance to play, even against an uneven opposition, is better than not being able to play at all!! 😭😭😭

UdFZX36.png

Merged.

great.. here's how things have changed in just few mins while i was writing this..g3dJGEf.png

Threat segregation only causes a divide in the community.   

No if you really wish to fix things and no this isn't an answer to the skill gap, however people will be less likely to complain if everyone is treated equally Threat should be hidden currently as it sits a player won't try if they see a full team of Golds and think there is no chance.

Second the plates have always been a dividing point, Gold players see silver and feel the need to be toxic and rub it in a silver players face claiming they are trash.  Trainers and up see Gold players and automatically  give up without trying, and or accuse said players of being try hard.

Hiding threat I believe would lesson the toxic behavior to a point, sure players need to strive for something this is true, but the elitist views of the community need to go away and this is the only way this will become possible.