Hexerin

According to Little Orbit, this is perfectly acceptable behavior

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

It is actually scary that people take this as the norm. 

Yeah, I get it. People do that in games. The difference is, some communities does it more than others and gets the label of being toxic for that matter. 

You're 8 years too late. APB has been toxic since forever. There are even game suggestions for you to belittle your opposition. The idea is to make them upset and throw off their game. Yes, it appears to be mean or whatever, but unless you have a weak constitution it wont bother you.

Especially when its obvious the person insulting you cant even use english properly. It's quite obvious the person OP is crying about does not use english on the norm based on the coherency of their words.

When the company decides to ban people for insulting other people then they would have to start logging every chat and begin banning people for every mean word they say. Might as well force everyone into social and call it 'Club APB.'

APB is not advertised for children, so it isn't that much of an issue with people insulting others. Just don't be a baby about it and make a thread crying about how someone was mean to you. The 18+/M rating is mostly there due to language and the fact this game is similar style of GTA when it comes to violence and running citizens over. So expecting the moderation to police people insulting others makes sense if they're being overly offensive with racial slurs or something. Simply calling someone trash is not enough to cry over.

and fuck you zombie my ignore list is full as fuck!

for those saying  " my ignore list is full"

An honest question : did you accuse someone then block them so they could not reply? I see that A LOT more often than any trash talking like posted in this thread.

If so then that is your fault for your ignore list being full , not to mention hackusations then , but that is somewhat of a different topic.

In the end it is your choice how you use your ignore list and if you filled your list up then you need to tone it back a bit on your behavior as a whole.

I personally do not see a lot of what this thread is about , sure there is some , but to fill up a whole list ?

I think I've blocked 3 people the past year or so and that's it.... so yes i have valid concerns about your behavior since i do not see it often.

for those who have forgotten i played in bronze as well as silver , and I'm saying I do not see it often

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

An honest question : did you accuse someone then block them so they could not reply? I see that A LOT more often than any trash talking like posted in this thread.

If so then that is your fault for your ignore list being full , not to mention hackusations then , but that is somewhat of a different topic.

In the end it is your choice how you use your ignore list and if you filled your list up then you need to tone it back a bit on your behavior as a whole.

I personally do not see a lot of what this thread is about , sure there is some , but to fill up a whole list ?

I think I've blocked 3 people the past year or so and that's it.... so yes i have valid concerns about your behavior since i do not see it often.

for those who have forgotten i played in bronze as well as silver , and I'm saying I do not see it often

I normally keep mine full because certain player's themes aggravate my tinnitus and I don't like the loud ringing in my ear. Plus the amount of people who have annoying themes is too high. Report system is shit, so you can't really report people for having ear no themes anymore.

Just now, Alani said:

I normally keep mine full because certain player's themes aggravate my tinnitus and I don't like the loud ringing in my ear. Plus the amount of people who have annoying themes is too high. Report system is shit, so you can't really report people for having ear no themes anymore.

I had forgotten about that thank you.

However i also do not hear that often either.

I think only once or twice since summer.

I would suggest that any old ignore block be removed since the issue is probably old and done with

18 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If you manage to actually fill up your ignore list, maybe the problem is you?

Not really , the game is full of toxic people that 1 ignore list is not enough for them , u get them in enemy , u get them in team mates ~

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

b660e5a7aa9f13a841d1fe27de24c3a9.png

iGet worst whispers than that and honestly i havent seen something like this in any other games , its exclusive for apb 😂 but i understand u and i wish if they can really do something about it ^.^

Edited by FluffyCat

I can't speak for all, but this has been a very informative discussion.

Some things that I have learned;

1) Probably the most compelling is this;

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Imagine thinking that because a thing happens, it is allowed.

And I assumed anything that happened in game, ie; cheating, hacking , glitching, exploits, toxicity ..

was implicitly allowed by Little Orbit.   

This was a small wakeup call for me .. Thank you.   

2) Use the /ignore command
    A novel approach, never used it myself as I need all the friends I can get, yes.. even the mean people

3)  Do not respond to their comments
     Won't they get mad after a while ?

4) Respond back, requesting to be friends, ask for gaming tips, strategy and what not
    I have done this many times, even pleading with them for up to 30min or longer to accept my friend request,

only to be /ignored by them  😟    (I was added to their ignore list, not mine)

5) Go to Lobby, take a break
    Make a sandwich or a Hotpocket

The Anonymous Game play, no matter what game, will have it's share of Jerks,

and no, you will not see them out in the real world spewing their toxicity.

The benefits of anonymity.

Not having to take responsibility for ones actions. (Like a slap-up-side the head)

If you allow yourself to become a victim, you will be a victim.

I choose not to be a victim.

Edited by Westford
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FluffyCat said:

i havent seen something like this in any other games , its exclusive for apb

overwatch is far worse than apb

2 hours ago, Westford said:

Not having to take responsibility for ones actions. (Like a slap-up-side the head)

Do it mafia style ~ WITH A FISH !!!

6 hours ago, Alani said:

APB has been toxic since forever.

Yes, I know and I also know it is too late for it as well considering the player count. My first post in this thread was exactly about that.

After all, they even started unbanning hackers at one point just to keep the player count.

3 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Yes, I know and I also know it is too late for it as well considering the player count. My first post in this thread was exactly about that.

After all, they even started unbanning hackers at one point just to keep the player count.

That is not why people were unbanned.

Many bans under G1 were unjustified and even MattScott was banned under the old system.

The bans were reversed when a better system was put in place since the old one could not be justified.

On top of false bans , people were banned for unjustified reasons as G1 had seen fit.

Since then anyone who  there was adequate proof against has been banned as well as any alt accounts they may of had.

MattScott himself announced this information.

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Zero players on my ignore list.

I don't understand people these days.

To be fair, you did disable all themes iirc.

There are options to hide the chat individually or completely, it should help to halve down the frustration levels, after all its a game not a social platform.

I've been using complete hide of chat window after i realized there is nothing good about it, and my stressful experience went down to half.

If you want to play with friends, there is always skype, discord etc...

13 hours ago, Alani said:

and fuck you zombie my ignore list is full as fuck!

Please don't use that kind of language in the APB community. We are trying to better it now. Starting with you.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, VickyFox said:

It's not about the words used, It's a direct verbal attack.

The odd insult is not uncommon, just be an adult about it, you can state your opinion suggesting they quit but there's no need to call someone fucking trash.

6 whispers in 6 minutes. It is a judgement call in what quantifies harassment but I'd say that is an example to consider.

I'd agree to a temp mute in chat or a few days ban.

Sometime unfortunately I add someone to my ignore list and they'll still be active for a week or so.

Admittedly I do need to clear our my ignore list as most are inactive, but maybe you'd like to join me for a few games of FC sometime.

6 whispers in 6 minutes is the length of a single match. Harrassment would be more like this happening over several hours across many many matches and carrying on into days and weeks. (which i've encountered and had to block people for because G1 sure as hell wasn't banning them) People will fairly often complain all match. EVERY match if you face them all the time because let's face it, sometimes, people reaaaally hate facing you. (in this case ignore option is far better, while you could report for harrassment, generally /ignore should have been used long before a report for harrassment would be needed... depending on what is said that is)

Merged.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:48 AM, Fortune Runner said:

no i wouldn't i don't do that lol

with how little i see people talk that way it makes me wonder why you are seeing it a lot when i do not

a simple solution is those who are repeat offenders to have their chat privileges removed and  let them play.

no whispers no team chat nothing + an icon by their name that shows they can not

that means no inbound whispers of any kind either

A lot of people will earn far more hate via ingame chat, or "team/player match afk's" depending on how they play.

Playing like an pleasant fellow, spawn hunting, gliching/abusing broken mechanics, using nfas or carbine/oscar, only ever 2v1 pincering someone, or running with items for example will earn you a LOT of hate.

Sometimes the chat can't be avoided even when you don't do those things. A number of people however, absolutely do the above. Sadly it also strokes a number of elitist epeens and makes them enjoy their toxic gameplay which leads to more insults.

On 2/1/2020 at 4:05 PM, Mystical said:

Reading the comments im starting to get why this game is so toxic.

It may be the internet but online anonymity shouldn't be an excuse to treat other people like this, It's a game and while it should have to be taken seriously, likewise it shouldn't have to come to personal attacks.

People ask what makes APB toxic, It's one of those things which is best observed happening rather than trying to explain the complexities.

On 2/1/2020 at 4:20 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If you ignore everyone that says something slightly negative towards you of course you're gonna fill it up.

I admit I am lazy and will empty my ignore box later when I log on.

I don't know if you just have a double standard and act differently online than you do in person, or if you have thing mentality in everyday life. What you consider mild behavior shouldn't be the standard for the community because you don't give a toss about what other's say.

23 hours ago, Solamente said:

i’m curious as to what in this screenshot indicates little orbit is okay with this behavior

as a side note, if this person is whispering hexerin because he’s stomping on new players in the bronze district i feel like it’s justified

I too am curious to know what LO would think of this, Whispers are obviously intended to be direct but I would of argued that such a flurry of insults is getting close to harassment.

If this person is really that upset about another player to type out such insults then he should go in another district or take 5 minutes to calm down, but it comes across as an attempt to bully someone out of rage.

If lower threat player is being dominated by higher threat veteran... Yeah... that's another contentious issue but while it is infuriating, there is a limit and a should be a line in the sand.

Some coaching on gameplay and guidance on how to improve a player's outlook of APB may help, but that's whole is a separate social issue with APB and it's core game mechanics that is on going.

16 hours ago, Iosono said:

You must see all the obscenities and racism that go on in district chat. 

That should be actionable.

This is just trash talk. Are you a gamer? If you’re a gamer you should be used to trash talk.

I agree that at fair bit of the time, some people in district chat are worse but often I just pass them off as trolls...

The way I look at Trolls are just people that are seeking attention which they can't get at home and I pity.

Just ignore and maybe report them but just don't give them the attention.

If you're a gamer then you should be used to competitiveness, yes it may get heated and I hold my hands up to getting frustrated as like anyone else at times, but you can still show a bit of sportsmanship.

Just because it is normal now and has been a long while, it does not mean that it should be.

6 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

To be fair, you did disable all themes iirc.

That's a good point.

15 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Acutally... This made me chuckle a little bit because I've been accused 3 or 4 times in Asylum of hacking and then when I thank them for the compliment and explain myself, I got blocked!

I try not to throw accusations around, I may ask other's opinion of a player first but one tries not to confront. Just report, If you don't send the first message accusing them then there's no need to block their replies.

Thank you for reminding me, I'm sorry if I made them feel bad but they were genuinely outplayed and they did overreact.

Edited by VickyFox

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

I admit I am lazy and will empty my ignore box later when I log on.

I don't know if you just have a double standard and act differently online than you do in person, or if you have thing mentality in everyday life. What you consider mild behavior shouldn't be the standard for the community because you don't give a toss about what other's say.

In Australia they are just tough people as a whole (you have to be  tough because EVERYTHING in Australia wants to kill you) and they talk that way as a whole to socialize.

its a different culture there and culture shock happens due to it.

44 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Acutally... This made me chuckle a little bit because I've been accused 3 or 4 times in Asylum of hacking and then when I thank them for the compliment and explain myself, I got blocked!

I try not to throw accusations around, I may ask other's opinion of a player first but one tries not to confront. Just report, If you don't send the first message accusing them then there's no need to block their replies.

Thank you for reminding me, I'm sorry if I made them feel bad but they were genuinely outplayed and they did overreact.

it came to mind because it happened to me a few months ago.

I still have no idea why i was accused to begin with that day  i was too busy respawning from a firefight mess where most people on both sides died in that cluster lol

So, if this behavior is "acceptable" because "this is the internet" or any other reason you want to name, then just go through every single Discord community, social network groups, forums and such showing that attitude and using these words. According to some people there wouldn't be any issue doing it, just sayin.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:51 PM, FluffyCat said:

Not really , the game is full of toxic people that 1 ignore list is not enough for them , u get them in enemy , u get them in team mates ~

iGet worst whispers than that and honestly i havent seen something like this in any other games , its exclusive for apb 😂 but i understand u and i wish if they can really do something about it ^.^

No you dont get it in whispers in other games, you get it in team/match chat instead.

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

No you dont get it in whispers in other games, you get it in team/match chat instead.

Depends on the game. Team heavy oriented games have very toxic communities by default but the rest aren't like that. 

On 2/1/2020 at 7:43 AM, HawtGirl said:

It doesn't give you any rights to insult others. 

I missed this post

I have to partially disagree because if i do something stupid that I know better on I kinda have it coming.

If its something new or a new/bronze/whatever person that's different entirely - which is why I only partially disagree

OP posted only one time on the thread they made

On 2/1/2020 at 4:58 AM, HawtGirl said:

Just because the game is rated +18, it doesn't automatically gives you rights to be a jerk.

Sometimes I wonder if some people even know what that +18 even stands for.

You have young kids cursing and spitting out dumb shit everydAy. Being 18+ really doesn’t matter at this point.

Edited by Nivo