Hexerin

According to Little Orbit, this is perfectly acceptable behavior

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

If they start banning for that the entire APB community will have to be banned. 😊

no i wouldn't i don't do that lol

9 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I just don't feel like I should be forced to mute everyone before starting a match. 

with how little i see people talk that way it makes me wonder why you are seeing it a lot when i do not

4 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Any suggestions on how we can imrpove the situation on a community level, telling us that maybe we're the problem and to turn chat off is one option but isn't doing anything on a macro level.

At what point do you consider it out of control, what do consider moderate or severe then if the OP was a example of minor abuse.

The only things worse I can think of is resorting to using racial slurs and suggesting physical threats.

a simple solution is those who are repeat offenders to have their chat privileges removed and  let them play.

no whispers no team chat nothing + an icon by their name that shows they can not

that means no inbound whispers of any kind either

22 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

a simple solution is those who are repeat offenders to have their chat privileges removed and  let them play.

no whispers no team chat nothing + an icon by their name that shows they can not

that means no inbound whispers of any kind either

I can agree with that.

Personally I think Social Justice Warriors are hypocrites, and snowflakes are just raised in a way of having immaturity and thin skin. But while I play APB mostly to vent frustration from work, I am there also to have fun like everyone else. A balance is needed and there should be some limits on how far insults go.

I guess what I'm saying to ZombieBiscuit is I'd like to see just some level of sportsmanship, being on the internet or in a game isn't an excuse to be a pleasant fellow to others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

Just because the game is rated +18, it doesn't automatically gives you rights to be a jerk.

Sometimes I wonder if some people even know what that +18 even stands for.

Was he a jerk? Yeah. But this is internet. I don't think he crossed any boundary at all. Rage whispers in APB are hillarious at most unless they go full racist and homophobic.

HzrSpkq.png

Is it ok? No. But it shouldnt be punishable. You have no right to not to be offended.

Use your /ignore function, and if its full, maybe the problem is you. I have 0 people in my ignore list.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:39 AM, HawtGirl said:

If they start banning for that the entire APB community will have to be banned. 😊

And yes, I get stuff like that daily as well.

All you can do is at least making sure they are getting reported. 

Not the entire community but the majority of it, due to the lack of GM's in-game and peoples who check's those reports, honestly i receive these as well but pretty much from same players, so, a warning, few simple temporarly bans are not that bad honestly.

Very welcome i should say.

Merged.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:16 PM, AxeTurboAgresor said:

HzrSpkq.png

Is it ok? No. But it shouldnt be punishable. You have no right to not to be offended.

Use your /ignore function, and if its full, maybe the problem is you. I have 0 people in my ignore list.

I also have my ignore list empty but that doesn't mean s*bags and a*holes aren't there.

I don't think "strong language" means you can insult others mom, family, tell them to die and salso worse than these.

And even if that "strong language" means that for you and others, well, at least a bit of humanity, a bit of brain logic.

We are all humans, no animals, aliens or bots in here.

Is just a virtual game, many of these who insults will not have the b***s to to that IRL, they would prefer to run away instead, but behind a monitor is different, because nobody can touch you.

BUT, you can get warning, temporary bans, or permanent ones also.

Depends also from game to game, look R6S, if you say the N word or others, you get insta banned, and that's why if you play, many peoples behavior changed due to those strict rules.

I hope LO to do big moves and changes to this as well, because honestly im tired to receiveing the same type of whispers, instead of making new friends peoples go around making bad jokes and insulting, what a world.

PS Also count that APB is MATURE 17+ but many players also have 12/13/14 years old, which is not more than the right age recommended to play by ESRB.

You should limit yourself based on all that.

• Like 3

I can't believe I need to tell you this Hex, but this is a support issue. The forums cannot help you.

Now, for a little teasing...

Imagine thinking that because a thing happens, it is allowed.

Removed derogatory language ~@mayii

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I can't believe I need to tell you this Hex, but this is a support issue. The forums cannot help you.

Now, for a little teasing...

Imagine thinking that because a thing happens, it is allowed.

Removed derogatory language ~@mayii

When typing that I actually had that in my head just didn't have the pic 💀👌

3 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

HzrSpkq.png

ESRB rating is meant to evaluate the game content, not player's interactions. 

It doesn't give you any rights to insult others. 

Reading the comments im starting to get why this game is so toxic.

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If you manage to actually fill up your ignore list, maybe the problem is you?

How can you say that with a straight face?

Awful themes, pathetic trash talking, and the amount of ego in this game over the course of years? It's no stretch of the imagination to see an ignore list reaching critical mass...

... Also, mine is nearly full, so... And I don't really talk to anyone, lmao.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

How can you say that with a straight face?

Awful themes, pathetic trash talking, and the amount of ego in this game over the course of years? It's no stretch of the imagination to see an ignore list reaching critical mass...

... Also, mine is nearly full, so... And I don't really talk to anyone, lmao.

Played thousands of hours, hardly ignored anyone.

shrug

If you ignore everyone that says something slightly negative towards you of course you're gonna fill it up.

I dont see the problem.  If you dont want to be cussed out, use /ignore. This is all on you.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Played thousands of hours, hardly ignored anyone.

shrug

If you ignore everyone that says something slightly negative towards you of course you're gonna fill it up.

same here , some people are just so sensitive lol  

The contacts you pledge to say worse things.

Also, if someone is mean to you it is actually better not to put them on your ignore list. If you do that they see that you did it and they 'win' in a sense. Just physically ignore them instead so they just keep typing to a brick wall while you don't care. The problems in this thread are that you are caring. And I don't say this in a way of 'lol just stop caring' I legit mean just don't care about it or anything.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

28 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The contacts you pledge to say worse things.

They are not real people. It is part of the game world.

When you watch movies with slurs, do you go outside and insult random people on the street that you never met before? 

try it sometimes. Lets see how long will take before getting beaten up or jailed... and don't forget to tell them to just ignore 4head.

Edited by HawtGirl

8 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

They are not real people. It is part of the game world.

When you watch movies with slurs, do you go outside and insult random people on the street that you never met before? 

try it sometimes. Lets see how long will take before getting beaten up or jailed... and don't forget to tell them to just ignore 4head.

What does this 'metaphor/example'? have to do with anything.

i’m curious as to what in this screenshot indicates little orbit is okay with this behavior

as a side note, if this person is whispering hexerin because he’s stomping on new players in the bronze district i feel like it’s justified

• Like 1

This is the only forum I see people literally begging for taking away their right to swear.

Just holy shit. You guys are psychos. Cuz this is the tool for you to ban people you dont like. I see this in other games. It even gets better when you dont even need a proof in such a games, cuz enough reports will do the thing.

Go play LoL u psychos.

Use your /ignore and gtfo. No, u dont want to. Cuz u want them banned. Cuz u jerks.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 1

Its not APB or any game fault ... its humanity error. 

~If you ignore list is full , just remove some ppl. from it ... i bet most of them not even playing or doesn't remember you.

( Usually i remove all from ignore list after month).

1 hour ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

This is the only forum I see people literally begging for taking away their right to swear.

Just holy shit. You guys are psychos. Cuz this is the tool for you to ban people you dont like. I see this in other games. It even gets better when you dont even need a proof in such a games, cuz enough reports will do the thing.

Go play LoL u psychos.

Use your /ignore and gtfo. No, u dont want to. Cuz u want them banned. Cuz u jerks.

APB attracts the mentally ill and feeble, does this really surprise you?

/ignore and your life is so much better. I understand the frustration that it seems so many players are hostile like this, but people get heated. Is some mean words you can easily ignore a punishable offense? I wouldn't say so

Edited by Acornie

This is why we have /ignore, if its full then you are using it wrong.

Edited by CrackSmack

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

b660e5a7aa9f13a841d1fe27de24c3a9.png

This is very mild speak for APB. This is hardly even a personal attack. 

You must see all the obscenities and racism that go on in district chat. 

That should be actionable.

This is just trash talk. Are you a gamer? If you’re a gamer you should be used to trash talk.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Iosono said:

This is very mild speak for APB. This is hardly even a personal attack. 

You must see all the obscenities and racism that go on in district chat. 

That should be actionable.

This is just trash talk. Are you a gamer? If you’re a gamer you should be used to trash talk.

It is actually scary that people take this as the norm. 

Yeah, I get it. People do that in games. The difference is, some communities does it more than others and gets the label of being toxic for that matter. 

• Like 2