Hexerin

According to Little Orbit, this is perfectly acceptable behavior

7 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Does the /ignore function still work in APB?

Apparently not if they ignore everyone and their list is full.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El-Neko said:

Apparently not if they ignore everyone and their list is full.

If you manage to actually fill up your ignore list, maybe the problem is you?

• Like 4

The main reason for the population plummeting is douchebags insulting teammates and opposition. If you start banning players for that, the game will be empty before you know it.

• Like 2

Trust me, they have to deal with much worse offensive language that what you posted. 

32 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

b660e5a7aa9f13a841d1fe27de24c3a9.png

If they start banning for that the entire APB community will have to be banned. 😊

And yes, I get stuff like that daily as well.

All you can do is at least making sure they are getting reported. 

Thankfully. This game is 18+. With the current track of offended snowflakes in other games they will soon start banning people for telling someone that he is bad.

6 minutes ago, NoobQueen said:

Thankfully. This game is 18+. With the current track of offended snowflakes in other games they will soon start banning people for telling someone that he is bad.

Just because the game is rated +18, it doesn't automatically gives you rights to be a jerk.

Sometimes I wonder if some people even know what that +18 even stands for.

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Just because the game is rated +18, it doesn't automatically gives you rights to be a jerk.

Sometimes I wonder if some people even know what that +18 even stands for.

I assume it means you have to be mature enough to realise that some bad words don't do anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I consider being told to quit and play another game a valuable piece of advice. The manners are a little off but otherwise it's solid.

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I assume it means you have to be mature enough to realise that some bad words don't do anything.

Well sure they don't other than ruining your mood. 

Imagine coming home from work trying to relax just to get some 12-years-ol screaming at you for not playing the game 24/7 while they are still using their parent's credit card. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, HawtGirl said:

Well sure they don't other than ruining your mood. 

Imagine coming home from work trying to relax just to get some 12-years-ol screaming at you for not playing the game 24/7 while they are still using their parent's credit card. 

You click on their name then type /ignore instead of /w and move on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You click on their name then type /ignore instead of /w and move on.

I don't even bother with them 99% of the time tbh but I don't think it should be tolerated either. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I don't even bother with them 99% of the time tbh but I don't think it should be tolerated either. 

Cmon. You really think the person in the OP should be banned for that? They are some pretty low tier bad words.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If you manage to actually fill up your ignore list, maybe the problem is you?

Maybe, maybe the abuse is justified or maybe there is a real social problem in APB when you have to clear spaces in your ignore boxes.

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Cmon. You really think the person in the OP should be banned for that? They are some pretty low tier bad words.

Not on first offence but if they are like this all the time, few days ban/mute won't be a bad idea.

Edited by HawtGirl

1 minute ago, VickyFox said:

Maybe, maybe the abuse is justified or maybe there is a real social problem in APB when you have to clear spaces in your ignore boxes.

If you are filling your ignore box the constant is YOU. The ignore box is not small in size, but sure if you are someone who has thin skin and is unable to turn the other cheek at even the most mild of things, leading to mass ignoring anyone for a tiny little thing, then yeah maybe.

Just now, HawtGirl said:

Not of first offence but if they are like this all the time, few days ban/mute won't be a bad idea.

If it becomes disruptive I could maybe see the argument, but this is far from it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It's not about the words used, It's a direct verbal attack.

The odd insult is not uncommon, just be an adult about it, you can state your opinion suggesting they quit but there's no need to call someone fucking trash.

6 whispers in 6 minutes. It is a judgement call in what quantifies harassment but I'd say that is an example to consider.

1 minute ago, HawtGirl said:

Not of first offence but if they are like this all the time, few days ban/mute won't be a bad idea.

I'd agree to a temp mute in chat or a few days ban.

If you are filling your ignore box the constant is YOU. The ignore box is not small in size, but sure if you are someone who has thin skin and is unable to turn the other cheek at even the most mild of things, leading to mass ignoring anyone for a tiny little thing, then yeah maybe.

Sometime unfortunately I add someone to my ignore list and they'll still be active for a week or so.

Admittedly I do need to clear our my ignore list as most are inactive, but maybe you'd like to join me for a few games of FC sometime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If it becomes disruptive I could maybe see the argument, but this is far from it.

I just don't feel like I should be forced to mute everyone before starting a match. 

It is not a huge insult, sure but the games are meant for fun. If that person is so frustrated to a point he has to do that, why is he even playing this game?

We are not here just to listen to him having a breakdown.

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

It's not about the words used, It's a direct verbal attack.

The odd insult is not uncommon, just be an adult about it, you can state your opinion suggesting they quit but there's no need to call someone fucking trash.

6 whispers in 6 minutes. It is a judgement call in what quantifies harassment but I'd say that is an example to consider.

Sometime unfortunately I add someone to my ignore list and they'll still be active for a week or so.

Admittedly I do need to clear our my ignore list as most are inactive, but maybe you'd like to join me for a few games of FC sometime.

Sure there is no need. And it shows a lot about the person who says such a thing. But when it is something quite minor it is more on the one that received the whisper here. This is something that really shouldn't be handled by LO unless it gets out of control. It is something that should be handled socially on a micro and macro level; micro being the singular person, macro being the APB community as a whole.

Also I only play missions, no FC.

1 minute ago, HawtGirl said:

I just don't feel like I should be forced to mute everyone before starting a match. 

It is not a huge insult, sure but the games are meant for fun. If that person is so frustrated to a point he has to do that, why is he even playing this game?

We are not here just to listen to his breakdown. 

If you feel as though you need to be muting a large number of people maybe you should just turn off the chat box altogether? Or set it only to certain channels.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

If you feel as though you need to be muting a large number of people maybe you should just turn off the chat box altogether? Or set it only to certain channels.

This brings the question why is there still a chat if that is what it will going to be used mostly?

As I said, I don't care but it just crates bad impression for the game community in general. 

Sure there is no need. And it shows a lot about the person who says such a thing. But when it is something quite minor it is more on the one that received the whisper here. This is something that really shouldn't be handled by LO unless it gets out of control. It is something that should be handled socially on a micro and macro level; micro being the singular person, macro being the APB community as a whole.

Any suggestions on how we can imrpove the situation on a community level, telling us that maybe we're the problem and to turn chat off is one option but isn't doing anything on a macro level.

At what point do you consider it out of control, what do consider moderate or severe then if the OP was a example of minor abuse.

The only things worse I can think of is resorting to using racial slurs and suggesting physical threats.

• Like 1