Hexerin

Amazon purchases still supported, or...?

iirc the last time this was brought up mattscott said they had contacted amazon about it several times and hadn't received a response

edit: 

Edited by Solamente
link
  • Thanks 2

What I want to know is why armas still says 5$ to 500g1c when it is actually 6$ now.

Misleading much?

5 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

What I want to know is why armas still says 5$ to 500g1c when it is actually 6$ now.

Misleading much?

That would probably be your local VAT being added, from the US this is what you get:

n6kDaSY.png

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

https://smile.amazon.com/Reloaded-Games-41219PB-Reloaded1-Download/dp/B00A2VHB4U/

Noticing that the G1C bundles are using the old pricing model ($1 = 80 G1C), which leads me to believe that this Amazon listing is either outdated or a scam run by third party.

All of them are out of stock anyway, so it would be hard to pick them up to test

4 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

That would probably be your local VAT being added, from the US this is what you get:

n6kDaSY.png

All of them are out of stock anyway, so it would be hard to pick them up to test

I mean, they could at least remove that text from the website. The proper exchange is shown when trying to make a purchase anyway. 

On 2/1/2020 at 11:17 AM, HawtGirl said:

I mean, they could at least remove that text from the website.

Why tho ? You're still paying them $5 for those 500 G1C

1 hour ago, heelruby said:

Why tho ? You're still paying them $5 for those 500 G1C

You maybe, but I don't.

964TvXn.jpg

Edited by HawtGirl

34 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

You maybe, but I don't.

It's called tax. Complain to your government, this isn't on Little Orbit.

38 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It's called tax. Complain to your government, this isn't on Little Orbit.

And? All games have VAT included in their prices. APB is the only game that i know which advertise prices without VAT.

There isn't even an asterisk to mention that vat is not included. 

You only see the full price when attempt to make a purchase. 

Also since the non taxed price is listed as 5$, does that means LO pays no taxes for sales in NA? That doesn't even make sense. 

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

You maybe, but I don't.

964TvXn.jpg

You're still paying LO $5, the other $1 goes to your government

3 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

And? All games have VAT included in their prices. APB is the only game that i know which advertise prices without VAT.

There isn't even an asterisk to mention that vat is not included. 

You only see the full price when attempt to make a purchase. 

Also since the non taxed price is listed as 5$, does that means LO pays no taxes for sales in NA? That doesn't even make sense. 

Where are you from ?

Afaik most if not all prices in the US are before taxes, since every state doesn't have the same taxes %

Edit : also forgot to mention that when you buy something, the seller doesn't pay taxes on the sale, you do. All they do is collect it to give it back to the government (at least that's how it works where I live)

Edited by heelruby

45 minutes ago, heelruby said:

You're still paying LO $5, the other $1 goes to your government

Where are you from ?

Afaik most if not all prices in the US are before taxes, since every state doesn't have the same taxes %

Edit : also forgot to mention that when you buy something, the seller doesn't pay taxes on the sale, you do. All they do is collect it to give it back to the government (at least that's how it works where I live)

The issue is that if they allow international transactions, the price should be adjusted for the certain region or clarify if VAT is not included if going to keep it the same.

When I buy a game on Steam, I see the the final price that I will have to pay (for me it will be 6$, for others will be 5$), not the price that goes to publisher, developer or government. 

16 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

The issue is that if they allow international transactions, the price should be adjusted for the certain region or clarify if VAT is not included if going to keep it the same.

When I buy a game on Steam, I see the the final price that I will have to pay (for me it will be 6$, for others will be 5$), not the price that goes to publisher, developer or government. 

Now I'm not sure you're trolling or not since you can see the final price just like I can

F0lO1Q1.png

11 minutes ago, heelruby said:

Now I'm not sure you're trolling or not since you can see the final price just like I can

F0lO1Q1.png

I know this. The prices are even updated on that one.

The issue is the page that comes before. 

llxwRas.jpg

Edited by HawtGirl

On 2/5/2020 at 7:45 PM, HawtGirl said:

I know this. The prices are even updated on that one.

The issue is the page that comes before. 

llxwRas.jpg

It's not the final page before payment nor is it the cart's page so I really don't get why this bothers you this much. There's nothing "illegal" or whatever in there

26 minutes ago, heelruby said:

It's not the final page before payment nor is it the cart's page so I really don't get why this bothers you this much. There's nothing "illegal" or whatever in there

Simply because it is misleading and it cost them nothing to just edit it out.

That page has been like this for years before taxes were added to ingame purchases.

Edited by HawtGirl

You are told what the cost is before you pay though, right?
If so, isnt that enough?

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You are told what the cost is before you pay though, right?
If so, isnt that enough?

No. It is no different than going shopping and see one price on the label just to find out it cost more when you get to the checkout. 

Edited by HawtGirl

22 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

No. It is no different than going shopping and see one price on the label just to find out it cost more when you get to the checkout. 

Ahh, I see what you mean.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

I would need someone from the US to confirm, but don't quite some stores in the US display the prices without tax?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

I would need someone from the US to confirm, but don't quite some stores in the US display the prices without tax?

almost all of them, at least in ny

On 2/7/2020 at 1:22 PM, Kevkof said:

Pretty much every store you go to in every state displays item prices without tax.  The initial pop up page is correct regardless.

12 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Pretty much every store you go to in every state displays item prices without tax.  The initial pop up page is correct regardless.

How one can be sure then if they have enough money when buying many things at once if taxes are not included on the prices? 

But anyway, as I said, APB is the only game that I know which does this. Every other place where I have to pay in $, the on-display price is always with tax included. 

9 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

How one can be sure then if they have enough money when buying many things at once if taxes are not included on the prices?

the general logic would be that you go into the store and guesstimate up to your limit.  Such as walk into the store with $20 and buy $19 worth of stuff with the remaining $1 for taxes.  Though if you actually have money, then you don't pay attention to taxes, like at all.