Sakebee

APB GM Applications Now Open

I would love to apply but my passion for the game is strong and partly my grammar is not the best i was a gm on another game... but that game went downhill fast, not because of me, how it was handled, so good luck for those who will apply.

why anyone would volunteer to do this unpaid is beyond me.  You arent even a full gm, have limited gm abilities, and are basically a glorified forum mod.  Thats it.  Heres a thought, hire some ACTUAL GM's to police the districts.  I miss the days when they would show up and ban hammer the griefers etc.  

• Like 5

On 2/21/2020 at 10:11 PM, Shimmer said:

why anyone would volunteer to do this unpaid is beyond me.  You arent even a full gm, have limited gm abilities, and are basically a glorified forum mod.  Thats it.  Heres a thought, hire some ACTUAL GM's to police the districts.  I miss the days when they would show up and ban hammer the griefers etc.  

Да братан я тоже скучаю по тем дням но увы нам не вернуть тех  дней((

On 2/22/2020 at 7:11 AM, Shimmer said:

Volunteering to be a digital janitor that doesn't even have the ability to do anything.

• Like 1

Интересное решение Администрации. Напомнило мне мой опыт такого сотрудничества с Иновой. Жаль отбор не пройду, я не говорю свободно на английском.

An interesting decision of the Administration. My experience of such cooperation with Inova reminded me. I selection will not pass, I do not speak fluent English.

14 hours ago, Velvet Remedy said:

Интересное решение Администрации. Напомнило мне мой опыт такого сотрудничества с Иновой. Жаль отбор не пройду, я не говорю свободно на английском.

An interesting decision of the Administration. My experience of such cooperation with Inova reminded me. I selection will not pass, I do not speak fluent English.

Я тоже но в заявке просто уточнил что буду представлять только русскоязычных игроков 

I think old ffbans and post history of future applicants should be over viewed and anyone who has ever publicly hackusated disqualified immediately.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luminesca said:

I think old ffbans and post history of future applicants should be over viewed and anyone who has ever publicly hackusated disqualified immediately.  

Sounds interesting, but they may not have been entirely wrong in their accusations, but even if they were doesn't mean they wouldn't be fair and unbias you still have to prove cheating is being done before a ban can be incurred otherwise it would be an abuse of power based purely on he said/she said evidence..

I am, and have always been about the new user experience for the game. Sad to see, soo many ppl that cry about stuff yet do NOTHING to help remedy anything.

I do understand their hesitations and frustrations however.

This post or CALL for GM applications does not give enough information IMO.

What is our ROLE.

A handful of times I have seen a GM online in my 7 plus years and all I saw was all out GIMME GIMMME GIMME stuff info whatever. And incompetent GM's who are hounded, distracted by silly requests and redundant information.

We need some REAL guidlines, Some real AUTHORITY. Some Real abilities!

Just making a post and getting some new GMS that don't show, or will not have a real interest or just like attention is a WASTE of time and effort. 

Lets really talk about this please.

Myself, and I am sure many others would like to try to make a real difference. 

From clues, I gather that if a GM it will have no realation to your other main charactes. Thats good< If I understand it correctly.

But , there is no FAQ.

I am all about helping NEW players. What tools would a GM have if any?

Can I move a player from a District? With his/her permission?

Specifically, the Trainee, Green or Bronze that ends up in Silver Stomp.

Could I move after soo many wining missions the OBVIOUS 255 Bronze Dethreater to Silver?

If not, Why NOT and what s the POINT?

Can as a GM you be able to fly ABOVE or somehow view a mission in progress?

I don't want to waste my time If I cannot truly benefit the game and progression of a new player base.

I really think theres needs to be a open discussion, and better yet several scheduled Discord disussions on the matter.

I have been playing off and on since 2012 and in all that time i have seen about 6 GM's and of those times it was nothing but Bernie Sanders ppl asking for free crap.

If you are going to continue to be this single minded and not have a REAL discussion on GM;s and how they can have a real effect, well I don't know.

I just think, that you  a great pportunity to have a lot of free help and you should not squander it again like its always been done.

There should also be a meeting with chosen GM's to say what they will and wont do.

My experience in all these years, are a few immature GM's that like some attention and are missing the big picture.

I really, really want to throw my hat in the ring. I have several ideas of how to help, assist and train New players.

But, I also enjoy the game. If this is going to be what it has always been, and not really getting down to some core issues you are wasting everyones time!

Merged.

GM's should have some kind of abilty to MOVE a player. With Consent OR after X rules without.

A GM should be able to move a player out of a mission. This has the potential to be abused by bad or unethical GM's.

GM's should be able to be reported by players for bias or unafairness and this should take a priority.

If not, they are not GM's they are just Social Justice Warriors.

And you get to keep on getting what you have always gotten.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:11 PM, Shimmer said:

Thank You!

Edited by Havana

On 2/21/2020 at 9:11 PM, Shimmer said:

There's a recurring misconception that we do not do these things. We actively monitor and we actively prevent griefing and harassment. The difference being that we do not publicly broadcast actions taken against other accounts. While it may seem like we are just being chatty with community members I can assure you that we are almost constantly dealing with other things simultaneously.

That being said: we can not be everywhere at all times. You are still expected to utilize the /report functionality on your own, so that we can get to you at a later date. But if you do see us in districts please reach out to us so that we can help. A GM sees the game almost exactly as a player does, and it's difficult to keep track of 79 players at once.

23 hours ago, Luminesca said:

We screen applicants thoroughly. We also screen active volunteers thoroughly.

11 hours ago, Havana said:

GM's should have some kind of abilty to MOVE a player. With Consent OR after X rules without.

A GM should be able to move a player out of a mission. This has the potential to be abused by bad or unethical GM's.

GM's should be able to be reported by players for bias or unafairness and this should take a priority.

If you have questions regarding the commands and toolsets I suggest you send a PM to SakeBee.

I can assure you that we observe GMs closely for unacceptable behavior. We have strict guidelines for what we can and can not do.

Edit: If you want to report a GM or any possible misuse of their commands/tools, send a PM to SakeBee as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I think the community needs their hero back

On 2/29/2020 at 7:01 AM, Mirele said:

There's a recurring misconception that we do not do these things. We actively monitor and we actively prevent griefing and harassment. The difference being that we do not publicly broadcast actions taken against other accounts. While it may seem like we are just being chatty with community members I can assure you that we are almost constantly dealing with other things simultaneously.

That being said: we can not be everywhere at all times. You are still expected to utilize the /report functionality on your own, so that we can get to you at a later date. But if you do see us in districts please reach out to us so that we can help. A GM sees the game almost exactly as a player does, and it's difficult to keep track of 79 players at once.

We screen applicants thoroughly. We also screen active volunteers thoroughly.

If you have questions regarding the commands and toolsets I suggest you send a PM to SakeBee.

I can assure you that we observe GMs closely for unacceptable behavior. We have strict guidelines for what we can and can not do.

Edit: If you want to report a GM or any possible misuse of their commands/tools, send a PM to SakeBee as well.

Can you ban on site?  Do you have the full GM abilities to teleport around the district, fly wherever you want, appear wherever you want?  All you can do is report what you see.  The reason you see the game "almost exactly as another player" is because all you are is another player, just with a few extra commands.  You are virtual police and you arent even getting paid.

21 hours ago, Shimmer said:

Can you ban on site?  Do you have the full GM abilities to teleport around the district, fly wherever you want, appear wherever you want?  All you can do is report what you see.  The reason you see the game "almost exactly as another player" is because all you are is another player, just with a few extra commands.  You are virtual police and you arent even getting paid.

We have full GM abilities.

We take immediate actions under some circumstances - for certain issues we must get a hold of a CS employee to be of assistance. This could be a missing Armas purchase or accidental deletion of an item, etc..

I think you misinterpreted what I meant by "almost exactly as another player" I was simply implying that we still just have two eyes to watch over a pretty large map. Expecting us to immediately spot griefing taking place while we are 500 meters away looking at something else is a bit out there. We do our best, but we are much more effective when people communicate with us 🙂

Banning is a touchy subject. As Matt has stated in the past this is the last action we want to take as it rarely leads to anything positive. Cases where banning is considered are carefully inspected before an action is taken. Banning on sight or on the spot is rarely possible, or wise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice no more waiting, here we go I will be the best GM guys. Wish me luck

• Like 1

Hey guys! Thanks for all the great applications you guys have sent in. We have gotten so many great applications, in fact, that we need a little time to catch up. We will be closing GM applications until we can sort through our backlog and give each applicant the consideration they deserve.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update. I was about to ask but didn't want to rush you guys. I heard you have a lot of people to train already.

Thats Nice,

i have do short work as CM and GM along time ago. And do Clan Leading since over 10 Years. Biggest Problem for me is my Bad English. I understand and speak mid. With some tools and google is the most no problem. My main language is German and i Support Swiss, Austrian, German, Nederlands at Metin 2, End of Nations ( Trion ) , Dragons Prophet ( Infernum ) and more a long time ago. I love to work with customers and do something in gaming business. With over 20 years online gaming experience ( Age 42 )🙂

I will think about a application.....but the biggest problem for APB team is my bad english i think. 🙂

With best regards from Germany Lake Constance,

KSK_Stuffz ( Leader www.KSK-Germany.com Multigaming Clan since 2010 )

9 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

put epicgoat and film as GMs

Good luck everybody.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher