Sakebee

APB GM Applications Now Open

EDITApplications are closed at this time. We will announce when they open up once more.

Hello everyone,

We are looking to add more GMs to our volunteer program. If you think you have what it takes to be a helpful, impartial, and fair ambassador who can help maintain our standards for community behavior, now is your chance! As a GM, you will be engaging with the community in the game itself. Should you join us, your responsibilities would be as follows:

⦁    Making sure the dialogue between the users is friendly, respectful, and in accordance with the Terms of Service
⦁    Making sure the game being played fairly and in accordance with the Terms of Service
⦁    Assisting players in the game, be it to fix technical issues or share game knowledge
⦁    Reporting any activity that is against Terms of Service to a specified place you will be getting access to once you're a team member
⦁    Using your GM powers only for good and neatly reporting their usage to specified staff members

Requirements:

The following requirements are the basic requirements needed for you to be a considered candidate:
⦁    MUST be 18+
⦁    Has a deep knowledge of APB
⦁    Has general knowledge of the Terms of Service
⦁    Has a friendly and professional disposition capable of handling both positive and negative situations that may arise
⦁    Has the ability to be objective and patient when handling issues in a fair and consistent manner, free from discrimination or favoritism
⦁    Can manage a conversational level of the English language

A small advantage may be given to the candidates who:
⦁    Have previous experience as a GM or any equivalent position
⦁    Knows more than one language that is a big part of the game's community

Note that you will be immediately disqualified if your application does not follow the requested format detailed below.

How to apply:

All applications must be sent via PM on the forums to both @Sakebee and @Ritual. Your application should be in the text field of the PM. Do not send us any attachments.

1.       The SUBJECT of your PM should be “Application: APB GM”

2.       Why do you feel you are a good fit for the GM position? (2-3 paragraphs max)

3.       List all of your accounts and characters you own.

4.       Tell us if you were ever banned in the past and why.

5.       When did you start actively playing APB?

6.       Roughly how long do you spend playing APB each week?

7.       Do you have any previous experience as a GM or any previous experience with similar projects?

What Happens Next?
We will be reviewing your applications over the next few weeks to identify potential candidates to join the volunteer team. If you are selected, we will contact you and schedule an interview over Discord.

What if I don't hear back right away?
It probably means we have yet to review your application. We are usually dealing with a large number of applications, and it takes time to go through all of them. Whether you are moving forward to the interview stage or not, we will make sure to let you know the results. Thank you for your patience!

Note: We take note of applicants that react poorly to not being selected. This will hurt your ability to be considered in the future.

So what happens after I am selected and pass the interview?
Congrats! Shortly after the interview, we will contact you to let you know if you will be joining our volunteer team! You will need to sign an NDA before we introduce you to the team. You will go through a training period with a well-seasoned mentor by your side while you get the hang of things before becoming a full-fledged GM.

Let's continue to build up the APB community together. I look forward to reading your applications.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

If you volunteer for this you should really rethink your life choices.

• Like 7

volunteer, eh. gming is not my cup of tea anyway but... eh. this isn't spct or smth but full-on gm as volunteering...  i mean sure, when i was 16 i would've thought of this as cool but... nah.

just because i actually have no clue: is it normal to have unpaid gms? the only time i've (knowingly) seen this was on very legit pservers for various games - might have obviously been the case somewhere else.

• Like 1

This could be a good opportunity to help the community for whoever LO chooses.

What's the point of hiring GMs if you don't take action on reports anyways?

• Thanks 1

If I my be critical about this GM application.

Im fine with u recruiting new gm’s but first of all what happened to all other gm’s that actually joined this program before. I see no one of those gm’s or is there somewhere that we can see who is stil a gm or not?

I feel the GM’s have to less power in the game. Mostly they get in contact with people asking the same question all the time from gold players who act stupid or start trolling. Also hackers leave districts when a  GM comes joining a district. I personaly vouch for Hidden GM’s than GM’s that start joining the district.

I think the community also wants to see what GM’s actually do. I personaly would like to know what a GM actually does. Only thing I see them do is answering questions and that’s it.

for everyone who wants to become a GM congratz and good luck.

I stil have a personal question about stuff but its not for this topic. Maybe I wil write it later.

2 hours ago, TzickyT said:

Im fine with u recruiting new gm’s but first of all what happened to all other gm’s that actually joined this program before. I see no one of those gm’s or is there somewhere that we can see who is stil a gm or not?

I don't believe that there's an overview of us but we are still around! Albeit we are less in numbers than we were previously.

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

What's the point of hiring GMs if you don't take action on reports anyways?

We certainly take actions on reports that are relevant to game masters. Plenty of people assume that we can deal with private account matters, but those cases are much better handled by the support team.

It's also worth noting that we will never notify you with the result of your report, so it might appear as if we don't react.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mirele said:

I don't believe that there's an overview of us but we are still around! Albeit we are less in numbers than we were previously.

ty for answering that question in particular.

personaly im not intrested in becoming a gm as i want to play this game with my thoughts and my perspective mind. stil i am intested in helping new players play the game. but i find it hard to actualy find players intrested to talk and personaly i don't see a GM actualy getting the same response. i can be mistaking as i am not a gm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

ty for answering that question in particular.

personaly im not intrested in becoming a gm as i want to play this game with my thoughts and my perspective mind. stil i am intested in helping new players play the game. but i find it hard to actualy find players intrested to talk and personaly i don't see a GM actualy getting the same response. i can be mistaking as i am not a gm.

we are still able to play on our private accounts as well, but those names will remain a mystery

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ComFeyer said:

we are still able to play on our private accounts as well, but those names will remain a mystery

okay

another question. ( dunno if this is related to this but for me it partly does)
i know another program that uses some sort of greeter engine(system) where people who are accepted by the company to greet new players and talk to them privatly when they join the game.
would this sort of system help take some work of the gm's ? i can pm a link of the system if intrested to know what im talking about.

23 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

i know another program that uses some sort of greeter engine(system) where people who are accepted by the company to greet new players and talk to them privatly when they join the game.

would this sort of system help take some work of the gm's ? i can pm a link of the system if intrested to know what im talking about.

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/forum/80-game/

1 hour ago, Mirele said:

It's also worth noting that we will never notify you with the result of your report, so it might appear as if we don't react.

That PR trick works in games that have massive playerbases. It doesn't work here, where everyone knows everyone else. Anyone who takes even a moment to keep tabs (as I do), can very easily see that /report is either ignored or a fake command. Even manual reports to support, and direct DMs with MattScott himself result in literally nothing. It's honestly a pathetic joke at this point.

• Like 2

Can I use my original application that never got a response even though the CM promised to respond to everyone?

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Can I use my original application that never got a response even though the CM promised to respond to everyone?

So long as you cover everything we ask for in this application, sure 🙂

On 2/4/2020 at 8:39 AM, Pedroxin said:

I'd really like to help but someone's gotta pay rent lol 

This. 

Would love to, hard to manage with a full time job..

21 hours ago, ComFeyer said:

I have been wondering, is this a strict rule, or do you guys choose to be private ?

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

I have been wondering, is this a strict rule, or do you guys choose to be private ?

One of the first things you learn when holding a position such as a forum moderator or a GM is that you never, ever, give out info that could lead to the general userbase figuring out your personal account. It leads to nothing but bad things for you. People will contact you on your personal account as though it's your official account, and will turn toxic real quick if you don't cater to their every whim. Just look at the SPCT tagged people on the forum, and how others commonly treat them, for an example.

11 hours ago, Fruitini said:

Nows ma chance, were you at skitty.

Uhhhhhh...  You have to also be this tall to a GM as well.  *Raises hand*

Nonsense what that came up, Russian swear a lot. his every word is a checkmate. what now ban for this? This is a game that you can't play without mats ( in any way ) because every second one calls you names and expresses his opinion. you don't need to call people to do this. and the and GM will send far away. you better for cheats Bante on iron. you are now the ban he was given and he made new again and playing with cheats. do as in World of tanks and then the GM will not be needed..