NinjaRIpper  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ninjaripper be allowed to be used inside any part of APB?

• Yes, is nice have character exported in cool scenario.
    • Yes , we are the only game with this potential special feature.
    • Yes, at least was ready, useful and working.
    • Yes, i still play and with Ninjaripper I have what APB can'T
    • Yes, was a lovely mode for personalitation and present the true core of APB. (custom character 100%)
    • No, i love be toxic and i hate nice cool things that always helped game and community.
    • No, and you will never have horses or motorbike in APB or anywhere.
    • No, cause 1Q 2014 is near and we dont need nothing else.

I would know if there is any official will to make Ninjaripper users free to make this game great and popular again.

6 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

INinjaripper users free to make this game great and popular again.

Please explain.

No, because I don't want yet another way to hook into the game. Thx

Edited by Kevkof
  • Like 2

If you seriously think that the rendering community alone is going to make this game "great again", you're legitimately delusional.

To explain why what you ask is impossible:
Ninjaripper is a third-party injector/wrapper based software. It works by adding code to the game client which is normally not there. Very few software use this functionality, and most of those are cheats. This is why EAC blocks it. to EAC, ninjaripper looks and behaves exactly like a very rudimentary cheat. If you allow Ninjaripper through EAC, cheat makers could just make their cheat look like Ninjaripper, and be allowed through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevkof said:

No, because I don't want yet another way to hook into the game. Thx

Is not "Hook" is just a new way for "Use" the game. 

15 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

If you seriously think that the rendering community alone is going to make this game "great again", you're legitimately delusional.

To explain why what you ask is impossible:
Ninjaripper is a third-party injector/wrapper based software. It works by adding code to the game client which is normally not there. Very few software use this functionality, and most of those are cheats. This is why EAC blocks it. to EAC, ninjaripper looks and behaves exactly like a very rudimentary cheat. If you allow Ninjaripper through EAC, cheat makers could just make their cheat look like Ninjaripper, and be allowed through.

Works like a cheat ,but is not a cheat.

Cheaters every month have tons of cheat that influence APB without need of Ninjaripper that's is an old ,very old code.

have the ability to take a 3d "screenshot" is just an outbound flow, not an inbound instance.

L4d2 ,COD4 and Skyrim used community content and both survived (and survive) for more than a decade. So render community in APB Could effectly help the game.

I know that render just a couple of dolls is not so much, but like Warframe, also a pencil scratch with a tag online is a little tribute more .

Multiply the little tribute more and more and you will have a significant impact for the health of a  game online.

Strange that a significant artist understimate this.

15 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

Works like a cheat ,but is not a cheat.

Cheaters every month have tons of cheat that influence APB without need of Ninjaripper that's is an old ,very old code.

have the ability to take a 3d "screenshot" is just an outbound flow, not an inbound instance.

L4d2 ,COD4 and Skyrim used community content and both survived (and survive) for more than a decade. So render community in APB Could effectly help the game.

I know that render just a couple of dolls is not so much, but like Warframe, also a pencil scratch with a tag online is a little tribute more .

Multiply the little tribute more and more and you will have a significant impact for the health of a  game online.

Strange that a significant artist understimate this.

You don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter what the program does, but HOW it does it. EAC is a program. It can't think about what something is. It detects cheat-like behaviour, and therefore blocks it. Trying to get around this without also opening a window for actual cheats to come through is simply not possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

You don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter what the program does, but HOW it does it. EAC is a program. It can't think about what something is. It detects cheat-like behaviour, and therefore blocks it. Trying to get around this without also opening a window for actual cheats to come through is simply not possible.

In this case APB should develope an own tool for export, for dont waste years of community duty and a new potential (and free) resource.

EAC canT recognize a script/process from another? I hope this isnT true. If in a garden there are 2 dogs and one bite an hands doesnT means that we have to suppress all the dogs in the block.

12 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

In this case APB should develope an own tool for export, for dont waste years of community duty and a new potential (and free) resource.

Too much work, absolutely not worth their time right now. In a few years, when they aren't busy with way more important projects? sure why not?

Aside from that, there are some legal implications about having an official exporter that may or may not be very dangerous for LO, especially considering that they don't own the APB rights anymore.

13 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

EAC canT recognize a script/process from another? I hope this isnT true. If in a garden there are 2 dogs and one bite an hands doesnT means that we have to suppress all the dogs in the block.

This analogy is completely wrong. Think of it more like this. Ninjaripper is a toy gun, a cheat is a real gun. From 10 meters away you see someone holding a gun to someone else's head. Are you going to let them pull the trigger because you think it's a toy gun, or are you going to stop them because it could be real?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Too much work, absolutely not worth their time right now. In a few years, when they aren't busy with way more important projects? sure why not?

Aside from that, there are some legal implications about having an official exporter that may or may not be very dangerous for LO, especially considering that they don't own the APB rights anymore.

This analogy is completely wrong. Think of it more like this. Ninjaripper is a toy gun, a cheat is a real gun. From 10 meters away you see someone holding a gun to someone else's head. Are you going to let them pull the trigger because you think it's a toy gun, or are you going to stop them because it could be real?

The will can reach every result. There is never too much work.

Some one should do that , owner or other.

Nice analogy, cowboy. Now guess if the toygun is in the hand of 2 innocent playing. I prefer an innocent/criminal alive than a innocent/criminal dead.

maybe cause dead make me feel sad.

Edited by Queen of Love
wow/ops

@MattScott

reading again about the technical function of EAC about Ninjaripper, i still believe that there could be a lot of legit way for avoid the block without offer a weak side to cheaters.

for example :

1. allow Ninjaripper just in social district.
  2. create a gate/tool that allow to have custom data directly on client side (so the not-render skilled can save their packed item externaly)
  3. have a offline version of apb client, without need of EAC.

they are all valid solutions.

Edited by Queen of Love
we love APB-Editor

considering ninjaripper works by injecting itself like a cheat - this is just asking for trouble

1 minute ago, Nitronik said:

considering ninjaripper works by injecting itself like a cheat - this is just asking for trouble

Was neither listed as cheat before EAC. 

Cause is not a cheat not even now.

I would really know how Ninjaripper could give any benefit in gameplay.

Oh wait ! i know!

mission district scenario: 

NR_user:"Let me win or i press F10 and your char will be rendered with pink outfit and platinum blonde hair!!"

PlayerA: "NOoooooOOooo"

PlayerB: "YeeeEEeeS ! and red high heel please!"

PlayerC: "Again??? is the 5th time today!! "

Just when I decided to rip my character for VRchat they decide to lock it down? 😞
What a shame..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ellix said:

Just when I decided to rip my character for VRchat they decide to lock it down? 😞
What a shame..

Maybe the steps mentioned here still work, not sure though.  https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/120-the-amazing-apb-reloaded-3d-render-community/

Queen of Love seems to want it to work everywhere at anytime, but the method I linked at least lets you grab your character

8 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Was neither listed as cheat before EAC. 

Cause is not a cheat not even now.

I would really know how Ninjaripper could give any benefit in gameplay.

What you are failing to grasp is that EAC can't distinguish Ninjaripper from a cheat because they both use the same method of interacting with the game.  It's an injector, plain and simple.  It doesn't matter if Ninjaripper is a cheat or not.  To EAC it looks the same as a cheat, so it will block it.  EAC blocks injectors, period.  There's seriously no simpler way to put this and if you still can't understand... then I don't think there is any help for you.  I want a legit way to export characters and cars too, but for now we'll have to use the workarounds.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

1 minute ago, BrandonBranderson said:

What you are failing to grasp is that EAC can't distinguish Ninjaripper from a cheat because they both use the same method of interacting with the game.  It's an injector, plain and simple.  It doesn't matter if Ninjaripper is a cheat or not.  To EAC it looks the same as a cheat, so it will block it.  EAC blocks injectors, period.  There's seriously no simpler way to put this and if you still can't understand... then I don't think there is any help for you.  I want a legit way to export characters and cars too, but for now we'll have to use the workarounds.

I know.

But i guess that a couple of line well coded could solve it.

10 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

I know.

But i guess that a couple of line well coded could solve it.

That would be up to EAC not up to LO

Guest Zilsux

I believe that the main problem here is that Ninjaripper need some really specific permissions.

If LO made it so somehow Ninjaripper was not considered a cheat, just like in other games, people will start making cheats where it disguises itself as Ninjaripper, and since allowing Ninjaripper will require the anti-cheat to ignore so many specific permissions, a ton of cheats could be disguised by it. This has happened before to other games, where the problem is not allowing an harmless program in the game, is the [REDACTED] people who use it as a easy entry for new cheats.

Now if there was an in game way to save your character or vehicles models to your pc, it could be a safer way... or even an open library for stock un-customized items.

The only reason I haven't tried animating anything with APB is because the ripping process and risks where higher than the payoff.

Plus I raged trying to get it to work.