foscor77

why large ammunition boxes getting all the hate?

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

why do basically no gold players (I'm talking the big names we all recognize here) ever mop the floor with me while laughing at my rockets/grenades? Instead, I get to chuckle at their sky-flying ragdolls

Why are you pretending you play with the golds?
You are a self admitted dethreater (threat "manipulator" was your wording)... you've said as much on these very forums.

Though I would LOVE to hear the names of these gold players you "mop the floor with". Cuz I for one don't think Ive ever seen you in a silver district.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illgot said:

highish silvers are the average skilled.  And how is something that only works on lower skilled players cheap?

this does not sound accurate

1 hour ago, illgot said:

Are you on EU?  Because on NA explosives only work on the lower skilled players that have no understanding of how the OSMAW and OPGL works.

because people are not human across the globe?

29 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

this does not sound accurate

because people are not human across the globe?

EU = higher population by about 5 times NA.  This probably results in better matchmaking.

NA has maybe 100-120 people tops during primetime.  Plus a lot of those players are half way across the world in South America which means a much higher ping and latency disparity than the EU.

So, NA has two problems which compound issues the EU may not suffer. A miniscule population dominated by handful of permanent golds who constantly find themselves against the lowest skilled players and a good portion of the miniscule population that suffer from high latency because they are half across the world from where the NA servers are located.

21 minutes ago, illgot said:

EU = higher population by about 5 times NA.  This probably results in better matchmaking.

NA has maybe 100-120 people tops during primetime.  Plus a lot of those players are half way across the world in South America which means a much higher ping and latency disparity than the EU.

Sorry m8, that's incorrect numbers, at least for PC, it's not hard to go to https://will.io/apb/ and double check
EU Prime last Sunday:

4c03d81572.png
NA Prime last Sunday:

14e1bcf4ff.png

[Both server numbers are down by a bit, I am guessing a myriad of server issues are keeping people away for now]

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

i still am not sure that those statements are accurate. sorry.

which, that the NA population is a fraction of the EU population or that South America plays on the NA servers?

On 1/29/2020 at 2:11 PM, foscor77 said:

Large supply boxes have become so useless.

They only resupply for once And they STILL freaking explodes.

Now you telling me they cant even resupply rockets? Are you fking kidding me?

This is totally on point. You cant change weapon anymore, which i totally dont understand why, since EVERYBODY could use it to exchange weapon, you cant resupply opgl nor volcano, you cant resupply even full atac or condor since its "too many times" from 1 box so you have to use another box...shortly u destroyed the only useful consumable, which now adds up as 4th useless attached email spam.

Nerf is necessary for something that gives you unfair advantage over everybody else. Its totally understandable to nerf volcano or weapon which some of players dont possess. 

But to nerf a consumable we all had and have, is simply blowing my mind.

When you already destroyed the ammo box, due to massive tears and cryings of players who dont even play anymore apb, you could have at least gave us the option to delete email spammage of useless countless yellow bullshits. 

Even better, remove it out of the game, since they are all useless. 

9 hours ago, illgot said:

EU could have a million players... matchmaking still only has 40 players at a time to choose from.

I hate just how some of you people think that there is only one correct way the item is supposed to be used, so other options should be eliminated. The way u think is removing all the fun from the game.

Just saying.

They know who I am talking about.

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I hate just how some of you people think that there is only one correct way the item is supposed to be used, so other options should be eliminated.

Because there is only 1 way: the way how it was designed to work. Using it for anything else is pretty much exploiting a flaw in its design. 

Also "fun" is subjective and depends on which side of the fence one is. it can be "fun" for the one who uses it but not the one who is used on.

Edited by HawtGirl

@HawtGirl who are you to tell? Ammo box is designed to explode. Shield is designed to block.

I d rather see my ammo box get back its infinite explosives supply, and satchel charge to open doors so I can smoke off those annoying campers from unreachable places.

I love consumables. Its annoying its not infinite.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

1 minute ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

@HawtGirl who are you to tell? Ammo box is designed to explode. Shield is designed to block.

I d rather see my ammo box get back its infinite explosives supply, and satchel charge to open doors so I can smoke off those annoying campers from unreachable places.

Common sense and game design. 

13 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Common sense and game design. 

Thats some big words that just got abused.

1 hour ago, HawtGirl said:

Also "fun" is subjective and depends on which side of the fence one is. it can be "fun" for the one who uses it but not the one who is used on.

yeah its not fun to die or loose

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

No nade and rocket spam from ammo boxes traded for invent swap? Probably the best update to the consumables thus far. Personally I don't think they should even be in the game but thats my personal opinion.

Just now, AxeTurboAgresor said:

yeah its not fun to die or loose

So as if losing isn't bad enough, lets have you spammed with nades too when we are on it. That surely will make the experience better. 

Sure, you may not win 1 game vs good players by doing it so but nothing prevents you from brute force your way with it through the next matches. 

Even when I am the one to do it it still feels cheap and skillless thing to do for the advantage that it gives. 

21 hours ago, Hexerin said:

(I'm talking the big names we all recognize here)

Who are you talking about here? Because, I've never seen you do very good with your Volcano.

I question the legitimacy of your statements as I have never had a problem with your play style. It's just like any other gimmicky OSMAW/Volcano player... Pretty bad.

19 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Why are you pretending you play with the golds?
You are a self admitted dethreater (threat "manipulator" was your wording)... you've said as much on these very forums.

Though I would LOVE to hear the names of these gold players you "mop the floor with". Cuz I for one don't think Ive ever seen you in a silver district.

Almost missed your post, Cookie. I always enjoy seeing you calling someone out non-sarcastically.

Edited by Evagelyne
Double posted somehow.
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:46 AM, Evagelyne said:

I laughed when OP said the ammo box was the only good consumable.

Mobile cover is so stupidly effective...

With how important car spawner is (imho), I just can't afford to run it.

And that is exactly the problem with car spawner and the spawn system as a whole.  Time to kill that mod for good and make a properly working spawn system.

13 minutes ago, Mercuie said:

And that is exactly the problem with car spawner and the spawn system as a whole.  Time to kill that mod for good and make a properly working spawn system.

easier said than done 

Edited by Solamente
typo

10 minutes ago, Solamente said:

easier said than done

It really isn't. There's two ways they could fix the vanilla spawns:

1. Enable all spawn locations at least 75m away, but within 300m, of the objective to be selectable by the player. I'm talking about the actual spawn points on the game map, not the "enabled on this respawn" that the current system shows (which usually causes one team to have spawns twice as far away or more than the other team).
  2. Discard the system as it is now entirely, and instead implement a system where the player can choose literally anywhere to spawn in. This would allow the player to respawn in locations that aren't in the middle of open streets, such as being able to spawn in back alleys or inside buildings. Would need to assign a minimum and maximum distance range of course, so that players can't just spawn inside the objective or on the other side of the map in preparation for a VIP stage for example.

The spawn system issues are not as hard to fix as people keep trying to make them out to be. I think the thing is that people have this rigid thought process that the system can't change from how it is, that somehow there's no other options available to be explored.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It really isn't. There's two ways they could fix the vanilla spawns:

1. Enable all spawn locations at least 75m away, but within 300m, of the objective to be selectable by the player. I'm talking about the actual spawn points on the game map, not the "enabled on this respawn" that the current system shows (which usually causes one team to have spawns twice as far away or more than the other team).
  2. Discard the system as it is now entirely, and instead implement a system where the player can choose literally anywhere to spawn in. This would allow the player to respawn in locations that aren't in the middle of open streets, such as being able to spawn in back alleys or inside buildings. Would need to assign a minimum and maximum distance range of course, so that players can't just spawn inside the objective or on the other side of the map in preparation for a VIP stage for example.

The spawn system issues are not as hard to fix as people keep trying to make them out to be. I think the thing is that people have this rigid thought process that the system can't change from how it is, that somehow there's no other options available to be explored.

both of these would allow the spawn map to be a fairly detailed radar for enemy players and for line-of-sight spawns on objectives 

option 2 involves rebuilding the entire system from the ground up, not sure what’s so easy about that

my view on a possible spawn system rework is that each objective should have its own set spawns for attacking and defending teams, which ideally would be manually placed to avoid current issues (spawning behind large buildings, across wide open spaces, on the wrong wf dock, etc) - this comes with its own balance problems tho, as set spawns can be exploited by hyper aggressive teams 

any rework of the spawn system is going to require a lot of time and effort imo 

11 hours ago, Solamente said:

both of these would allow the spawn map to be a fairly detailed radar for enemy players and for line-of-sight spawns on objectives 

option 2 involves rebuilding the entire system from the ground up, not sure what’s so easy about that

my view on a possible spawn system rework is that each objective should have its own set spawns for attacking and defending teams, which ideally would be manually placed to avoid current issues (spawning behind large buildings, across wide open spaces, on the wrong wf dock, etc) - this comes with its own balance problems tho, as set spawns can be exploited by hyper aggressive teams 

any rework of the spawn system is going to require a lot of time and effort imo 

It's been a bazillion years.  We had no elective spawns to the current system with next to no adjustments to it. Yes after YEARS they sorta nerfed car spawn. But in game spawns are still horribly broken, especially on the edges of the map.  And poor WF attack missions.  Actually impossible in some spots if the defending team is competent. The fact that it hasn't even been touched for years is troubling on it's own.  Nobody thinks the system is good and I have to believe there is something they could do that isn't a total rework to at least help it a bit. 

That we need car spawner isn't a good sign.  And that we have to drive giant tanks around the map to protect it (among other reasons that people drive tanks) is shit design.  I'm honestly surprised somebody booed me for thinking we could and should do better.  Then again when the only players you have left have played this game the exact same way for 5+ years it's not surprising they would be against any change in that gameplay style.

But seriously the fact that people wont install any other blue mod in their car... shows their is something wrong with the system. Balance is ... about balance.  If it's just one mod then you ain't doing your job right. APB is supposed to be about a game where different setups matter. If there is only one good car setup ya doing the game wrong. They keep trying to mess with the guns specifically to try to get more diversity.

That being said I know the majority of the player base that's left has no clue why it's died and is one reason I rarely post here.  You can only go so far talking to walls.

• Thanks 1