Sign in to follow this  
hammer4eg

separation of districts into 4 colors is outdated, there is an idea how to make it better and easier.

I have a suggestion about the color of the districts.

You do not need to do as before 4 colors, there will be 4 forever empty areas, gold and green. And other than that, there will be no place to play for gold in the morning. To protect newcomers from experienced players, it is better to differentiate districts in another simple way: make only two instead of four types, districts for all and dtistricts for players under 100 R, where 101-255R players can not go. And to designate these districts just as the districts and the districts for beginners.

Rank doesn't equate to skill or threat.

-

Some people have complained on the forum that they've played for years but just can't reach gold threat level, They feel the gold threat veterans are just too good and they can't get fair opponents to practice against.

I just say stop with the excuse of not having a fair opponent, learn from mistakes made in missions. Asking yourself would it of been better to do this instead of what I did and dying is how you improve.

See where things could of been done differently for a better outcome.

There's practice and then there's learning.

-

I once met a legitimate new person who just started APB for the first time the day before, and they ABSOLUTELY SLAYED. Although they got lost and was confused by some gun's and vehicle's handling, they took full control of the mission. But after multiple years playing I was highly impressed.

After a couple of games I just had to ask "How are you so good without experience of APB and knowledge of the maps". Their response was that they've played Call of Duty games for years and practicing with First Person Shooters helped them perfect their aim. When it came to the gun fights, the only things that were different was the gun's behavior and shooting over the shoulder of character.

-

Rank in APB is just a measurement for in game progress through contacts.

In a opposed mission / gun fight, the only thing useful information that ranks can give you is a hint of what guns, vehicles and mod this character can use... although that doesn't mean still that they'll have them unlocked or equipped:

Rank 200: Regardless of threat colour, this player may start to consider the use of a car bomb, they may have a tagger in their primary weapon... Also if they're cocky then they may attempt using half bricks or 8 balls.

Rank 35: Will have all primary weapons unlocked except explosives, all stock cars, about a quarter of preset ingame items... They won't have many weapon mod slots unlocked as weapon skills are required to unlock and can't use level 3 mods.

That's only information Rank if worth... Nothing to do with a player's threat, skills or time spent in game

Even then you play in Fightclub and get all weapons skill roles maxed out without getting a higher threat level or rank!

Edited by VickyFox

3 hours ago, hammer4eg said:

I have a suggestion about the color of the districts.

You do not need to do as before 4 colors, there will be 4 forever empty areas, gold and green. And other than that, there will be no place to play for gold in the morning. To protect newcomers from experienced players, it is better to differentiate districts in another simple way: make only two instead of four types, districts for all and dtistricts for players under 100 R, where 101-255R players can not go. And to designate these districts just as the districts and the districts for beginners.

Nope. You can't balance around progression, even if the matchmaking system took into account the ratings of all your characters combined. Progression doesn't mean anything in APB, you can have 800 hours and still be bad at the game. It's all down to win rate which is be used to figure out your MMR. The reason I didn't mention "skill" is because you can, obviously, inflate your win rate due to having a good team and being carried, which is pretty easy in APB since the winning team automatically gets more score just for winning the mission. The same can be said for dethreating which is losing on purpose to lower your win rate.

Now, the best way to fix the matchmaking is to do what LO said they were working on - I'm talking about phasing, which means you can face anyone from any instance instead of being locked to other 40 possible opponents in the instance you're in. This would increase the opposition pool and, by itself, improve matchmaking. Couple that with an increase of the player base due to the engine upgrade and it gets even better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, swft said:

Nope. You can't balance around progression, even if the matchmaking system took into account the ratings of all your characters combined. Progression doesn't mean anything in APB, you can have 800 hours and still be bad at the game. It's all down to win rate which is be used to figure out your MMR. The reason I didn't mention "skill" is because you can, obviously, inflate your win rate due to having a good team and being carried, which is pretty easy in APB since the winning team automatically gets more score just for winning the mission. The same can be said for dethreating which is losing on purpose to lower your win rate.

Now, the best way to fix the matchmaking is to do what LO said they were working on - I'm talking about phasing, which means you can face anyone from any instance instead of being locked to other 40 possible opponents in the instance you're in. This would increase the opposition pool and, by itself, improve matchmaking. Couple that with an increase of the player base due to the engine upgrade and it gets even better.

sounds good, but to me there is one problem - skilllevel 

how do you think it will improve the matchmaking for bronze or silver player when he is being opposed to a goldie and gets his arse whipped?

it will not make him learn anything, but that he cant keep up with a goldie, so what's the matter of that?

The System needs to separate players into skilllevels and oppose them with ppl with similar skill.

The thing we have right now with districts without threatrestriction is the right way, but you shouldnt get matched by joining specific server,

The system should calculate and put you to a district with ppl matching your skill - something like a lobby - and if you are a bronze or silver, you shouldnt play vs golds every 2nd mission bc there is 40 players on the opposite only.

I hope you know what i mean. 

2 hours ago, Kakalaki said:

sounds good, but to me there is one problem - skilllevel 

how do you think it will improve the matchmaking for bronze or silver player when he is being opposed to a goldie and gets his arse whipped?

it will not make him learn anything, but that he cant keep up with a goldie, so what's the matter of that?

The System needs to separate players into skilllevels and oppose them with ppl with similar skill.

The thing we have right now with districts without threatrestriction is the right way, but you shouldnt get matched by joining specific server,

The system should calculate and put you to a district with ppl matching your skill - something like a lobby - and if you are a bronze or silver, you shouldnt play vs golds every 2nd mission bc there is 40 players on the opposite only.

I hope you know what i mean. 

LO is not going to discard the threat system, all that phasing will do is allow you to face someone from another instance. Example: you ready up for a mission in Financial-EN-1 and face a player from Financial-EN-2.

I'm not sure how it's going to work out exactly, but the main point is the same, you'll be able to face people that are not in the same instance as you and matchmaking would still work as it does now, it's just gonna have a bigger pool of players to choose from instead of just 40.