Zatro

"Removes Tracers"

What does this mean? Most (if not all) silencer mods read this. I've always thought it meant you wouldn't show up in the radar but recently I found out that's not the case. At least not for the ATAC Watchman nor the OCA Whisper
Could anybody please tell me what this does?

Every gun used to have tracers except weapons with suppressors.  At some point G1 just took out all tracers.

The suppressors on the DMR are now just decorations since there are no tracers in game.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracer_ammunition

nyKQSnm.jpg

basically all guns (except ones with a silencer) used to have visible bullet trajectories, but they were accidentally broken in a patch years ago and have yet to return - silencer mods list this as an advantage because it removes a way for opponents to receive a visual indication of your shooting location/direction

personally i think they always looked pretty cartoonish, more like a matrix bullet trail or a laser pointer than an irl tracer round, but we've been informed that apb tracers are returning with the engine upgrade iirc

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Solamente said:

but we've been informed that apb tracers are returning with the engine upgrade iirc

The screenshot that was shared before showing the tracers being back (From an older build, around June 2019): 

oChHnFT.jpg

Edited by Kevkof

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

The screenshot that was shared before showing the tracers being back (From an older build, around June 2019): 

[image]

definitely a step in the right visual direction but imo the real issue was how long tracers hung around, hard to see that in a picture

not like im going to stop playing apb depending on tracers anyway

They didn't take them out. They straight up broke them and didn't bother to fix it.

• Like 1

Ohhh so it was that! Sadly I started playing APB soon after tracers broke
I can't believe I've thought silencers hid you from the radar for this long
thank you all

• Like 1

If I remember correctly the addition of the weapon skin system is what broke them.  I've always liked the look of them.  APB isn't really a super realistic looking game so I think they fit well in the environment.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

If I remember correctly the addition of the weapon skin system is what broke them.  I've always liked the look of them.  APB isn't really a super realistic looking game so I think they fit well in the environment.

I remember that skins broke blue muzzle flashes for sure. Tracers being busted happened later IIRC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IS2APBR said:

I've always thought it meant you wouldn't show up in the radar but recently I found out that's not the case.

The Raptor 45 'Condor' (Joker Mystery Box 17) is a he legendary assault rifle has a one of a kind mod call "XTD-7s Silencer", At this time it is the only gun in game that will not show up on radar... However this only applies to the first 3 bullets fired.

Not the greatest benefit to the user, but the first 3 bullets being masked may just give enough of a delayed reaction from the target.

4 hours ago, Solamente said:

nyKQSnm.jpg

basically all guns (except ones with a silencer) used to have visible bullet trajectories, but they were accidentally broken in a patch years ago and have yet to return - silencer mods list this as an advantage because it removes a way for opponents to receive a visual indication of your shooting location/direction

personally i think they always looked pretty cartoonish, more like a matrix bullet trail or a laser pointer than an irl tracer round, but we've been informed that apb tracers are returning with the engine upgrade iirc

I actually hope they bring them back with the engine update. The way how the game works really requires to have them. 

There would be much less cheap deaths just because you couldn't see someone peeking behind a corner 70m away. 

1 minute ago, HawtGirl said:

I actually hope they bring them back with the engine update. The way how the game works really requires to have them. 

There would be much less cheap deaths just because you couldn't see someone peeking behind a corner 70m away. 

i don't really understand the need tbh, but i always relied more on the giant red damage indicators than tracers anyway

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

i don't really understand the need tbh, but i always relied more on the giant red damage indicators than tracers anyway

Traces just have much more advantages:

-gives away exact location

-lets you see missed shots so you can move accordingly

-lets you know if you are getting targeted

-you can spot players and their elevation without having direct view on them

-easier to identify shots coming from behind

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Solamente said:

I always rely on the sound, never cared about red indicators.

Just now, Lign said:

I always rely on the sound, never cared about red indicators.

i play with apb muted a lot, and even when its not i feel like apb's directional sound is pretty bad

5 hours ago, Solamente said:

nyKQSnm.jpg

they're returning?! YAY!

15 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i play with apb muted a lot, and even when its not i feel like apb's directional sound is pretty bad

I play with sounds and honestly the sound isn't that bad. I find Rainbow 6's directional sound to be sooooo much worse.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Tracers are corny and gross.

#notracers

Tracers are corny and gross. I like them a lot.

#yestracers

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Tracers are corny and gross. I like them a lot.

#yestracers

It is the way how the game was originally designed anyway. 

I doubt they were thrown there just for decoration. 

Maybe is not a problem if one have been playing it for years but accessibility is still very important. 

15 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Weirdly, Innova managed to keep both weapon skins and weapon tracers.

I there are enough reason for people to make fun of APB without adding tracers back.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I there are enough reason for people to make fun of APB without adding tracers back.

I can make fun of it just now: "+6 years and still can't fix essential game feature"

imagine playing chess without the chess board. You can probably still do it but woudl you want to?

On 1/28/2020 at 5:21 PM, VickyFox said:

The Raptor 45 'Condor' (Joker Mystery Box 17) is a he legendary assault rifle has a one of a kind mod call "XTD-7s Silencer", At this time it is the only gun in game that will not show up on radar... However this only applies to the first 3 bullets fired.

Not the greatest benefit to the user, but the first 3 bullets being masked may just give enough of a delayed reaction from the target.

Reminder that its thanks to the Condor that the radar is broken.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 5:21 PM, VickyFox said:

If you are reacting to the radar instead of being shot repeatedly... Well I don't even know what to say to that.

Edited by CookiePuss