Sakebee

Shotgun Testing Patch Announcement

23 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

The whole point of heat 5 was to put some pressure when the team is doing too well.

Then why does it allow for 5 star players to stomp into any mission they want?

That means now a player who might already be getting stomped also has to now deal with some rando 5 star not even involved in their mission.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Then why does it allow for 5 star players to stomp into any mission they want?

That means now a player who might already be getting stomped also has to now deal with some rando 5 star not even involved in their mission.

It is very unlikely a 5 star player to go around getting into other people's missions while in a mission.

If anything, they will try to stay alive or just trash the spawn zones for afkers when they are not on a mission.

However after this patch, they may actually start interfering with other people's missions just for the sake of having nothing else to do considering they will be always out of mission when it happens. 

5 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

It is very unlikely a 5 star player to go around getting into other people's missions while in a mission.

Sounds like we are playing different games again.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Sounds like we are playing different games again.

Even if so, this change will only make it worse since those players will never be in a mission while doing it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawtGirl said:

Even if so, this change will only make it worse since those players will never be in a mission while doing it.

That is my worry as well.

Guest Zilsux
17 hours ago, Solamente said:

oh and make consumables normal modifications.

Exactly.  At first you don't want to use them due to the limited amount. Then you learn to play the game without them, at the end you have a maxed out inventory of unused consumables and a spammed mailbox.

Afraid of people spamming them? Cooldown the hell out of them.
Afraid of everyone having access to such at any rank? Lock it behind rank progression.

18 hours ago, Sakebee said:

You can no longer get Heat 5 while in missions.

Long time ago I used to play this online game in which they fixed the problem pretty easily.

They had a system where 5 kills in a row would have your health halved until you died. kill 5 more and now you had 1/4 of your max health.

Killing yourself or being killed by your team did not wear it off.

An opponent in this mode gained 25% more exp per kill and was shown in the map at all times just like NOT5, and killing him awarded you 2X cash and XP.

This made it both exciting to enter this mode and to kill anyone on this mode. Also it had a cool gold fire aura effect to it.

ANYWAYS,
I'm not saying you guys should copy this method as it is flawed in many ways, but it is a good example, as eliminating Heat 5 completely brings other problems to the table.

But let me say, I am happy to see the team push such updates, once up, even if bad, we can get a taste of it and tell the devs what sucked and what worked.

I prefer this than no updates at all. ❤️

The updates are always appreciated.

Yet, there's now controversy regarding the Heat 5 removal/changes. As someone said here, making changes based on players frustration doesn't seems a good idea, because a true player will try the game as it is and try to adapt to its design instead of asking changes over things they don't like.

Also in regards of game immersion and lore the N5/P5 is like the core element of the game, it is the only thing that makes the title of the game make any sense, it is called "APB", they call an "All Points Bulletin" on someone that is too dangerous and requires all available units to take him down. That's why you turn yourself on bounty, because you're too dangerous and all the heat from the whole city will fall over you now.

If you are an enforcer or a criminal you're gonna try to call everyone in your crew/gang/units to help you taking down a dangerous subject, and that's why you would put a bounty on them.

I think is time to bring some suggestions to improve this in the future if we don't want it to be gone for ever, otherwise I don't see where anything that happens in the game would fit with the title "All Points Bulletin".

We need a way to trigger an APB on a player.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Yet, there's now controversy regarding the Heat 5 removal/changes. As someone said here, making changes based on players frustration doesn't seems a good idea, because a true player will try the game as it is and try to adapt to its design instead of asking changes over things they don't like.

a “true player” should seek to help better the game, like for instance asking to change a system that has more negative than positive effects on gameplay 

Edited by Solamente
typo
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Solamente said:

a “true player” should seek to help better the game, like for instance asking to change a system that has more negative than positive effects on gameplay 

a "true player" should suggest that LO should do a survey about such systems... on forums AND at login.

But first of all like Selali stated... Engine Update!

At least before the Heat 5 change, heat players were kept busy - had objectives to do, and enemies focused on them due to the mission.

Now it's like congratulations, your mission is now over and you are now allowed to freely roam and kill anyone!

Sounds like it's gonna backfire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GhosT said:

At least before the Heat 5 change, heat players were kept busy - had objectives to do, and enemies focused on them due to the mission.

Now it's like congratulations, your mission is now over and you are now allowed to freely roam and kill anyone!

Sounds like it's gonna backfire.

depends on how they implemented it i assume

if it's a complete block on reaching n5/p5 during a mission then a player who only does missions will probably just never go n5/p5

Edited by Solamente
typo

Thanks for putting the shotgun testing in Asylum, but I'm really not feeling the Heat 5 change.  Heat 5 is meant as a sort of balance for players that are doing too good and if they aren't on missions when they go Heat 5 then they aren't going to have objectives to keep them busy so they're just going to go and interfere in other missions.  Heat 5 is a core feature of this game that I don't think should be changed other than making a teamkill get rid of it.  Teamkilling shouldn't lower of your prestige/notoriety if you are already at 5. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2020 at 1:46 AM, Sakebee said:

• You can no longer get Heat 5 while in missions.

Good news ~ 

On 1/28/2020 at 1:46 AM, Sakebee said:

• Removed explosives from being able to be resupplied from large ammunition boxes.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy =( 

Lmfao how bout when you hit p5 or n5 your whole group gets the bounty put on them 💀

All I can say is you guys are geniuses for making Asylum into the weapon test district.  Seriously.  At least, for shotguns.  I'd count this as a surefire way to get players involved and actually playing the changes, as well as witholding the actual stats to avoid theory-crafting in lieu of actual usage.

Hopefully people don't decide to just be obstinate and outright refuse to play the weapon test districts.

Just now, Running Eagle said:

All I can say is you guys are geniuses for making Asylum into the weapon test district.  Seriously.  At least, for shotguns.

It makes me wonder why they didn't start with it considering they even acknowledged having it panned for asylum as well.

19 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Thanks for putting the shotgun testing in Asylum, but I'm really not feeling the Heat 5 change.  Heat 5 is meant as a sort of balance for players that are doing too good and if they aren't on missions when they go Heat 5 then they aren't going to have objectives to keep them busy so they're just going to go and interfere in other missions.  Heat 5 is a core feature of this game that I don't think should be changed other than making a teamkill get rid of it.  Teamkilling shouldn't lower of your prestige/notoriety if you are already at 5. 

I wonder if faster decay of prestige/heat would help thwart the issue.

A lot of complaints stem from P5/N5 proccing at the absolute worst moment, and if memory serves it isn't difficult to increase and mantain P/N with sporadic kills and assists

On 1/27/2020 at 3:46 PM, Sakebee said:

Removed explosives from being able to be resupplied from large ammunition boxes.

Clarification requested:

Does this also still extend to grenades like it already does?

Does this apply to Resupply Box (Medium), the briefcase style supplier you can purchase with Joker Tickets?

I feel like this should be extended to also apply to Mobile Supply Unit, Field Supplier, and Field Supplier (Wide Radius). Grenades should still be allowed from Mobile Supply Unit though, if possible to separate them... but if not, just write them off as a casualty of collateral damage because it'd be worth the cost.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:46 AM, Sakebee said:
  • Removed explosives from being able to be resupplied from large ammunition boxes.

Faith in LO +1.

More smart changes like this please.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:19 PM, Lily Rain said:

This is exactly why feedback that originates from frustration should not be unquestionably implemented. The bounty system is a once-in-a-blue-moon rewarding feature for continued sustained excellence (e.g arresting NFAS children).

This is exactly why people who don't know how to play the game shouldn't try to balance it. Any decent player gets bounty almost every mission. It's not a rare thing at all and it's annoying for almost everyone involved.

Edited by Uke
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Uke said:

Any decent player gets bounty almost every mission.

Seems like bad matchmaking to me.

• Like 1

WHAT?! When else do you even get it without being a crim and mugging civilians!? WHAT ABOUT ARRESTING A HEAT 5 PLAYER AS A COP?! No more big cash rewards?! First you make it so crims cannot shoot other criminals for bounty rewards and now you remove heat 5 from the game?! Dafuk is wrong with the game?! Less and less rewards.... more premium and pay 4 unlocks.

Edited by moxxichixx
  • Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 12:46 AM, Sakebee said:

I don't like this at all. Seems like you guys make decisions without the community.
Same with the event rewards that seem to be tradeable now.
In the past rewards were never tradeable and if they are it should cost ingame money.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Uke said:

This is exactly why people who don't know how to play the game shouldn't try to balance it. Any decent player gets bounty almost every mission. It's not a rare thing at all and it's annoying for almost everyone involved.

Precisely, LO didn't play the game enough and neither did you. Perhaps leave features that makes APB unique from other games out there untouched till the Dev-team is actually task-free & comes up with REAL plan(s) to improve upon said features in a timely, non half-@$$ed manner rather than just switch them off. Hell, half-@$$ed fixes for this one would be a million times better. Shutting down features with the false-promise of revisiting them months upon months later is nonsense since when the time comes, the abscence of said features would become the new norm. APB will lose its identity and will become a copy-paste of other 4x4 or 5x5 PvP games this way.. Fans of such team-confined gameplay should just play other games. San Paro is a city where mass chaos between Enforcers and Criminals is forever ongoing and SHOULD stay that way. Don't make APB even more of a false-advertisement than it already is (Yes, this is true. Look under "Key Features" at APB's store page on Steam as well as https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/). It is sad to see sudden approvals of changes that don't keep into consideration what APB actually is nor what it is advertised as.

'omg, I am gonna cry to mommy and all my friends because I died just 1 more time "almost every mission" in a PvP game where dying happens to be part of the game' is NOT a sound justification to pull the plug on a feature that actually allows people to KEEP THE PVP FLOWING. Especially when the game itself has no leaderboards for missions that publicly shows mission win-2-loss ratio. With all due respect, any player who complains about being heat-5 is nothing but a crybaby loser. If you don't like to die, don't play. You are going to die anyways, whether with heat-5 status or without it.

"Any decent player" doesn't get triggered when called an nfas-child, actually can get Heat-5 multiple times in a mission and more importantly accepts and rises up to the added challenge of heat-5. Try Less Than Lethal weapons for once in your life and you will understand exactly how quickly heat-5 can be obtained in this game (you would've understood had you actually read what was discussed before, but oh well). I personally challenge you and any poster who speaks about 'decency' to demonstrate how good they are with underpowered weapons, fragile and 270 ms latency. Post those juicy scoreboards the game doesn't record that proves feats you can pull with all of these handicaps combined before you speak of decency or @ing me saying "you don't know how to play the game". #LTLMasterRace

If you also actually read what was discussed in this thread, you would've spoken for yourself. "almost everyone involved" is a false claim as a lot of players actually find getting heat-5 pretty essential to the identity of this game and actually would rather it stay. Even this very thread speaks for itself. 12 different posters on this thread are unsupportive of this change and few of them asked about different ways of doing this while only mere 5 in comparison are happy about this sudden change... Shutting down a feature that makes APB APB without even holding an official poll is unquestionably a mistake, especially when it is advertised as a major feature next to its customization. Careless changes to APB that stem from players who rage in a PvP game that doesn't even care about winning/losing should NOT take place in this manner.

• Like 1