Ai-Zhú

Best EOL Version?

Hi,

I am contemplating on getting myself an EOL grenade launcher. Which version should I go for?

And please, I know that weapon is not popular, I wouldn't like to get answers like "neither, they all bad". Just name me the best EOL and I am happy.

the normal opgl. most EOL launchers are kinda shit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deep Impact uses concussion grenade and shoots only one grenade

The Hammer uses percussion grenades and shoots two grenades.

Kickback uses Low Yield grenade and shoots three grenades.

I have used them all and they are all horrible.  Out of the three the kickback is probably my favorite because of 3 low yields.  It is enough to blow up most cars and cause havoc in a hallway.  But then again if want to be effective your regular grenades and pistol would be a better option.

Edited by illgot

I remember kickback being the most useful one at the time when it came out. 

It is probably the most forgiving and noob friendly one too since you can just spam it.

There's one that I like (I forget the names), that fires very quickly and kills in 2. It's quite strong and fun to play. Not good in the context of the meta though

all of them are trash. use opgl or rank up your cop role by teaming up with a crim and unlock a stun opgl.

I would say none of them, they are all pretty "meh".

But, if I'd have to choose one I'd go with the EOL "The Hammer". It uses percussion grenades which explodes on impact.

Previously I'd say go with the "Kickback" but considering the Low-Yield nerf then I dont think its worth using anymore.

1 hour ago, ExoticZ said:

Low-Yield nerf

What exactly did they nerf? They do feel kinda inefficient.

Your hand would probably be more effective than any of the EOL’s.

Ignoring the 'they all suck' part (cause it is true), it is pretty personal preference and what you wish to accomplish based on the grenade types and quantity. They all sort of suck equally at doing what you want from their certain qualities. Not that they are not a fun alternative to the OPGL though.

I don't know why people keep comparing them to regular grenades.

The hammer doesn't explode on impact.

The deep impact fires better conc grenades.

The kickback pretty much fires pre-nerf yields.

The best one is up to the user, the impact is godly when you hit that one shot, but the kickback has three and more spamable and thus easier for people who aren't precise with nades. The hammer is essentially just a weaker kickback with more ammo.

• Like 3

Deep Impact is good but it's hard to use. It's not better than the OPGL in terms of kill potential because the OPGL is actually OP when mastered. Don't play the DI like an OPGL, play it like you had 12 concs and a pistol. The DI concs have a bigger blast radius than the normal which many players don't utilize. You don't have to be as close on target with the nade to deal full damage which is amazing when mastered. In terms of explosives, opgl, osmaw, volcano and DI are what is viable.

Just to give some context, I have atleast 800h on explosive weapons and I consistently fragged top 1-5 with 90% explosives (rest being pistol kills) in fightclubs. I was also able to beat above average players consistently, but there is a point where you need to swap. Going against stacks of decent (for me that means better than above average) players with explosives just ain't viable.

I'm aware it's basically anecdotal evidence with a pinch of bragging but I just wanted to tell you that it's viable if you practice.

Kind Regards

Keks

Edited by VanilleKeks

deep impact if you have good positioning and timing skills

kickback if you don’t 

Kickback is the most reliable in my personal opinion (I farmed explosives easily with it so I know what i'm talking about).

Rest is too situational to even consider using normally.

Edited by Mitne

As I said before and others have said,

The Deep Impact is the most versatile one, the nade can shoot up to 60m (farther than any of the EOL) with the proper arc and using the DI along with FBW with proper reverse quick switch tactics and general smart play will destroy high level golds squads.

Instead of braindead spamming, the EOL Deep Impact requires arch knowledge and confidence to use.

The Kickback is probably useful and fun for Asylum, those tight spaces where enemies cannot slip away or escape.

The other one just sell it.

Kickback if you're trying to push down some hallways. The best of the three for anti-personnel, and the area saturation is great.

Deep Impact if you're trying to stop vehicles. It's really bad against players, but with practice you can sort of make it work in a pinch.

Hammer is objectively worthless. It's a Kickback with a 33% reduction to ammo and one less mod slot.

Ultimately though, getting good with the OPGL is best. It's significantly better at anti-personnel than the Kickback, while also being almost as effective against vehicles as the Deep Impact.

Ever thrown all your grenades and then said "Damn, I wish I could do that again, but out of a small pipe and not have to equip a gun the whole match." well that's the EOL line.

Just pick which grenade you like so much that you'd trade your Primary Weapon for a chance to throw about 5 more and that's the EOL for you.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

Guest Zilsux

The only time I've found any EOL useful is when people are camping the objective on Asylum, and only if you know what you are doing, most people just try to use it and end up killing their whole team in the progress.

EOL Kickback in tight areas with tons of people
EOL Deep Impact for anti vehicle... or just fun kills (You know, when you throw some random grenade and somehow get a kill, just hope its not a TK)
EOL Hammer same as kickback but a bit more frustrating

Anyways, At the end of the day you'll just use it for a day or two and go back to your normal load-out when you realize your gun could had done better.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:05 PM, ExoticZ said:

I would say none of them, they are all pretty "meh".

But, if I'd have to choose one I'd go with the EOL "The Hammer". It uses percussion grenades which explodes on impact.

Previously I'd say go with the "Kickback" but considering the Low-Yield nerf then I dont think its worth using anymore.

Calling the Hammer's "percussion" grenades is somewhat dishonest - they will not detonate on impact below a certain distance traveled and generally do not behave as you would expect percs to.

It's a bit easier to use than the Kickback due to the more lenient safety & iirc lower windup, but the Kickback is overall just better (also due to the extra mod slot)

Hammer Deep Impact is interesting due to its "sticky" concs acting as landmines of sorts too, so OP can give it a spin if they'd like

Edited by Nitronik
Mentioned EOL Hammer twice...

31 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

Hammer is interesting due to its "sticky" concs acting as landmines of sorts too, so OP can give it a spin if they'd like

deep impact shoots concs

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:05 AM, ExoticZ said:

The Low-Yield nerfs have nothing to do with the EOLs, and the Kickback hasn't changed since introduction.

7 hours ago, Nitronik said:

"sticky" concs acting as landmines of sorts

Have you ever even used the EOLs?

16 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The Low-Yield nerfs have nothing to do with the EOLs, and the Kickback hasn't changed since introduction.

Have you ever even used the EOLs?

the deep impact concussion grenades have almost no bounce whatsoever and there's a noticeable pause before apb gravity/physics kicks in, i've seen multiple people referring to this behavior as "sticky" (he even put it in quotes to emphasize its not really sticky)

On 1/25/2020 at 3:25 PM, Solamente said:

deep impact shoots concs

Ah crap. Had the Hammer twice on there - fix'd