Killenkittens

New in game gms suggestions

Only one person comes to mind wich I findto be qualified for applieing for volunteer gm that lukasocz. The only one in game helps everyone no matter there level.

Seen too many ask questions and just be told either to look up on internet or get trolled/ everyone is to toxic for this game

Edited by Killenkittens
  • Like 1

Im sorry but this is not even close to being true. I have never seen someone in new player chat be told to go look up his question on the net. Might have happened once or twice while I wasn't online sure.. but your acting like its rampant. Only times Ive seen people in global told to go look up something is when asking where to farm/buy a craft resource and referred to FE wiki. I seriously don't see a issue with that.

Closes Ive seen someone trolled in new player chat was a lvl4 begging people to come rush him through getting faction. When was told he was too low level and ADVISED by several people to go back and do starter towns to get the hang of the game; he told people to screw off cause he could take on lvl10+ mobs solo so he was too good to do the quests. Still was not trolled... but yeah was dog piled on by people a BIT harshly. Once again... sure few people might been trolled without me seeing it. But still, it is NOT common nor rampant.

Do we have some trolls in chat? Name me a game that doesn't. They are the exception not the rule. Nowhere near the degree to call our community toxic.

• Like 1

Those that are trolled in Help channel are often trolls/alts themselves and people have fun with them. New players are usually helped. Sometimes this help is a referral to wiki as it may explain an answer better for people (as some mission questions are long or someone looking for where some item might drop. We are not all walking FE encyclopedias).

Nasty little individuals in Help often get trolled by many of the community AFTER they have tried to help the person in a reasonable manner. After you get abused a few times when trying to help someone, you do just stop. AS like the person Kitsae mentioned. That particular player is the toxic one, not the community helpers.

I love Luka. Think he is a very special person with lots of patience, but he might want to use wiki himself sometimes lol (don't hate me Luka please <3 ). Over all though, he would make a great GM that wouldn't be bias against anyone, would be fair, level headed and able to follow rules himself.

1 hour ago, Kayleigh Stanway said:

I think that I'd make the best GM.

I'm not bias atall.

Let's be reasonable, clearly I'm the best GM NA ;D

But nah I question the GM option for players, can lead to a lot of negative PR.

2 hours ago, NysekZePope said:

We can both be GMs. I think it would be totally fair! If anyone would question it, we got zee hammer. 😄

On 6/9/2018 at 7:35 AM, Killenkittens said:

Only one person comes to mind wich I findto be qualified for applieing for volunteer gm that lukasocz. The only one in game helps everyone no matter there level.

Seen too many ask questions and just be told either to look up on internet or get trolled/ everyone is to toxic for this game

Seconded. But there are many players who help out in help chat. Luka is just the most visible because of his Hazmat status, but I do agree he would make an excellent GM. Nyseks game knowledge would make him a valuable asset as well.

Edited by Jenna Cidal

On 6/12/2018 at 3:04 PM, NysekZePope said:

players shouldnt be GM i think,

Edited by Kinksta

On 6/14/2018 at 9:22 AM, Jenna Cidal said:

Seconded. But there are many players who help out in help chat. Luka is just the most visible because of his Hazmat status, but I do agree he would make an excellent GM. Nyseks game knowledge would make him a valuable asset as well.

As long as patches are tested and bug reports are reviewed, I'm happy with that alone. I'd rather see Decon in full swing over being a GM... that being said I'm more worried about individuals banning players for "hacking" like Dastard used to. Especially when no anti-hack system is in place, currently the only method to catch hackers to some degree is in self-bust videos.

Well unless they hit 100% of the time or 100% headshots... lol

I would say that it wouldn't kill Fallen Earth to have players as GMs, but there's already an issue there because of the fact that some people are going to be approved that are utter trolls, that are simply toxic and rude and biased against certain individuals. Last thing we need is some stupid take over the world mission, especially with the amount of people that have a grudge still. I want to be a GM, because I know a ton about the game, but I don't really socialize with people much, up until now of course, so I haven't generated an opinion on anyone's behavior quite yet.

"There's help of some kind, whenever you ask, wherever you are, I got 'cha, even if it means teaching you something the hard way that you would have failed without" - Figment

On 8/17/2018 at 1:37 PM, iAMFigment said:
I would say that it wouldn't kill Fallen Earth to have players as GMs, but there's already an issue there because of the fact that some people are going to be approved that are utter trolls, that are simply toxic and rude and biased against certain individuals. Last thing we need is some stupid take over the world mission, especially with the amount of people that have a grudge still. I want to be a GM, because I know a ton about the game, but I don't really socialize with people much, up until now of course, so I haven't generated an opinion on anyone's behavior quite yet.

"There's help of some kind, whenever you ask, wherever you are, I got 'cha, even if it means teaching you something the hard way that you would have failed without" - Figment
Some people like Luka wouldnt cause an issue becoming a gm. Others however....

Thank everyone for the positive words, I really appreciate it, but Jenna is right.  There are many players who help out in Help/Global chat but I'm most visible because of green name in chat. I mostly answer to questions from my own knowledge (I can say I'm little bit of a walking FE encyclopedia) but, of course, for some answers I also use info from FE wiki because it's best game knowledge source (nobody can know everything of course) but if that helps to questioners, it's only good.

I also have to agree with Nysek, bringing back Decon program instead of becoming a GM, would be the best step.

Edited by Lukasocz